Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//Closed by Admin//In the Green House I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//Closed by Admin//In the Green House

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 pm

She knelt along the floors. Her naked fingers pulled at the weeds as she raked at he soil. Sweat drizzled down her cheeks as she spoke to the sleeping flowers. “Hush my darlings, I am here…come drink up. I know you are thirsty.” Margo stood as she went to the small fountain as she dipped the metal can inside. Bubbles boiled along the surface popping as the can filled. Margo scooped up the can as she sprinkled the water along the flowers.

The sound of the rain coated the dying petals. Margo dressed in peasant clothing, a simple brown dress, an off white apron mounted her front and knotted into a crooked bow along her lower back. She was a teacher, and an advocate for love and compassion. She rested her arms as she leaned back, her hands buried within the soil. “Perhaps a story? Oh an adoring love story shall cheer even the most withering rose!” Margo giggled as she nuzzled her chin along her shoulder.

“Once upon a time, a beautiful princess walked along a garden just like this. She was in search for the most precious flower to bring home with her to her castle. As she approached the garden, she saw a small, fragile old beggar talking to the flowers. The princess knelt down and looked at the elder woman. The garden was on castle grounds and the beggar was not a member of the royal house so the princess welcomed the visitor and two had a lovely conversation. The sun started to set, the princess than realized she had forgotten why she went. As the elder woman went to leave the princess called to her, asking the beggar when she would return.

The two agreed that each day they would meet in the garden and enjoy the others love for flowers. One day the beggar turned to the princess and told her that she would not returning, and this would be their final day to meet. The princess than selected a flower and gave it to the woman’s shaking hands. The princess told the beggar to keep the flower with her now and always, look to the flower for remembrance of the princess and the garden they both loved. The beggar smiled as she wandered, a mist taking the beggar’s face.

The next day another flower replaced the one that princess picked. This flower was unlike any other. The flower never welted or died for the winter, it remained just like their love for life forever. You see it does not matter who the gardener is, but the purpose of why they are there. I am your gardener, here to watch over you.” Margo smiled as she listened to the silence for a reply.

Ian wandered the halls…not really in search of his room but in search of solitude. This place was so large, he had never seen anything like it. He wandered aimlessly for a good deal doing his best to stick to the shadows and avoid anyone he might pass. At the orphanage and in even the city the best way to avoid trouble was to avoid people, and he did his best to avoid both. It was not that he did not like people it was just he did not like the way they treated him so he did his best to avoid everyone.

Ian was awe struck when he came across the garden…he had never seen anything like it. Where he was from nothing grew like this. His pace slowed as he took in the atmosphere created by the foliage and for the first time in a long time he felt safe. Meandering through seeing no signs of life he came across the greenhouse. This was all new to Ian, in his 15 years of like he had never heard of anything like this…he really did not understand what he was looking at but he was too impressed with the beauty of it to care. As his eyes studied the area he saw the first sign of human life he had seen in awhile, a female figure pressed against the background of the flowers.

Ian had not bothered to change since coming here from the orphanage, the same long tattered oversized tan clothes still hung from his body. His blue eyes moved away from the figure so he would not be caught staring. He walked to the east of the large room and sat down next to the plants…this place was peaceful and he was guessing there would not be many people around…it was perfect.

3//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty A place where she found her heart Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:57 am

Christine silently stood outside the entrance to the greenhouse. She knew she would find Miss Danae here. She desperately wanted to speak with her alone...She had followed her trusty map all the way here and along the way she only passed a few people that she had never seen before...She loved the soft breeze as she walked the slightly overgrown path to the place where she would find her teacher. The scents that drifted on the air, the cool breeze that shifted through her hair, it gave her a slight calming sensation. She loved this. Loved being able to be outside...and feel calm...relaxed, comfortable. Even though she still hid from the world, this little section of it seemed so different from the rest. This quiet little corner in the world that she now called home. She had to say it was something special to her.

She watched the leaves on the vines growing along the sides of the walls blow in the wind. She smiled. Things here were old and rustic and gave her that warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach that reminded her so much of Martha. The smell of tea and biscuits and yarn. Even the mustiness of her old clothes when she'd pull them out of storage or the furniture she had owned for years....Christine reached up and held the soft pendant necklace that was hidden underneath her clothing. Don't cry. Be strong...Be strong.

Christine peered through the panes of the windows on the door to the inside of the greenhouse. It was hard to see through them, she didnt know if they were dirty or if that was just the type of glass that was used, either way she didn't care. Slowly and carefully as to be quiet, she opened the door and stepped through, shutting the door behind her. She looked around as most of the foliage was brown and wilted, much needed to be attended to, but she could smell life coming back to this place, it just needed a little help and love.

As she peered around the room, she came across a familiar figure, but dressed differently. Her teacher was dressed in much more homelier garments and it made Christine smile. Her teacher was a very gorgeous woman, in both her laced gowns and in these shabby clothes made for working, but Christine definitely enjoyed the working clothes better. It gave her the feeling that she was a little closer to home. Miss Danae's voice filled the room, her soft sing-song voice carried through the rafters and seemed to bring even more life to this room. As still as she could be, Christine watched her teacher with a quiet fascination, entranced by her song and her movements.

“Hush my darlings, I am here…come drink up. I know you are thirsty.”

Christine listened to the water bubble and spew into the can, gasping and aching as it boiled into the can and she watched as it flowed from the spout, each drop making it's way to it's leafy destination. She would have sworn she could even hear the plants drinking in their fill. Christine desperately wanted to pull out her journal and sketch a quick sketch of this scene. Of the lone woman, tending to her plants, lulling them to sleep, and singing them awake. Brightening their lives as they fill hers with a wealth and plethora of bright foliage and sweet aromas. But she dare not move, dare not break the serenity of this wonderful scene. She was a spectator, and an intruder upon this ceremony, as she would note in her mind. If a tune could play in the back of a scene, this one would hold something soft and delicate, yet sad but sweet. Miss Danae went on to tell her story and Christine went on to listen intently and as she did, the story played out in her mind, Miss Danae's words filling her thoughts and imaginings unlike any picture or a movie ever could.

When her teacher was finished, Christine felt the tears falling from her eyes. It was a simple story, one that was intended for the flowers, and yet it managed to bring tears to the young girls eyes. As the salty streams made their way down her cheeks and to her chin, then dripped from there down to the floor, making a small wet puddle at Christine's feet. Martha and their home together as well as the love that they shared for each other flooded Christine's heart, making the tears fall faster. The young girl, however, could not feel sorry for herself, for that was not the point of the story she had just heard. The point was that their love would last forever, hidden inside a flower that can never die, and will always grow. Don't be scared...

She looked at the flower she had between her fingers, the same rose Miss Danae plucked earlier and handed to her from the Tea Room. It was now stained with her tears as they beaded and pooled on the soft petals. She had come to reveal herself to Miss Danae, and yet it was herself she was learning more about...Learning to cope, learning to breathe, learning to be strong. She softly wiped the tears from her face, and just as she was about to make her appearance known, she noticed a presence in the room.

The boy had come through the same door that she had but Christine had not heard him. Maybe she was too enthralled in the story, or her tears, or her imaginings like she always is to notice reality around her. She did not want to startle either him or Miss Danae by just popping out but that's all she would pretty much be doing by standing and announcing her presence to the two in the room. She wouldn't be able to show her true self to Miss Danae with others around. Maybe it was a hopeless task. She had missed her opportunity in Formalities and she will miss her chance now if she doesn't play it in just the right kind of way.

4//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty The silent observer Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:12 am

Perhaps his foray into a new environment had thrown him off or maybe he was captivated by his surroundings but either way Ian was just a bit mortified that he had not seen the second person standing in the room when he arrived. Ian was not strong, nor was he overly charming so in order to get along in the orphanage he needed to be constantly aware of that which surrounded him. Slowly he eased back into the gardens edge his eyes now cast on the new figure. Although Ian did not know either of them it did not take much processing to see that there was some sort of connection. He watched as the figure slowly ran her hand over her cheeks…an action Ian was all to familiar with.

Connection…something Ian could not say he had experienced. Although he understood it in its academic form he ventured it was something one had to experience in order to truly understand. His breathing was soft and although he was hoping to remain hidden he had the overwhelming feeling that at least the young woman was now aware of his presence. Although his body was stoic his mind was racing. Should he try and interact with these people, would they consider him rude or strange if he remained still? Leaving at a time like this would likely require at least some sort of introduction, but would his presence here distort the connection between the two individuals?

Ian was paying no attention to himself or his needs largely because there was no sense of danger in the moment. Very slowly his eyes drifted from the young women by the entrance towards the women who was tending the plants. He wondered what the relationship was between the two, he wondered if the women was here for work or for pleasure but mostly he wondered if she was aware of the presence of either him or the young women.

She was distracted from her true goal. Her goal was to show Miss Danae her true form, her goal was to be honest. And yet here she was hiding in the dead foliage now too frightened to move or speak or even make her presence aware to her teacher. She could not blame the young man who had interrupted her thoughts or their seclusion. Even if he had not shown up, Christine would still be hiding, would still be wondering if this was the right thing and would still be too scared to force herself to remove the cloak which she hid herself behind.

Miss Danae seemed totally oblivious to the fact that she was being watched by two sets of eyes, her soft hum boiling through the rafters of the greenhouse to fill it up and intoxicate the room with it's tune. She did not mean to spy on her teacher, it just sort of happened...this was one of those situations where Christine had managed to make a fool out of herself without even trying. Her ears twitched. She was getting restless. [i]Do it....just get it over with.

She stood, dead leaves attaching themselves to her beanie and shirt as she moved through the greenhouse towards her teacher. She would walk up to Miss Danae, without a word, and simply place the rose that she had been clinging to next to her with a piece of paper from her diary wrapped around the stem. The words were scribbled, rushed but still legible..."I would like to show you my secret..."

She didn't seem to think, didn't seem to analyze her decisions like she normally did, but rather moved with a purpose and a direction, towards the boy. She was cautious as she did not want to frighten him and she came within 10 feet and stopped, staring him directly in the eyes, her big brown orbs meeting his. There was a silence that overcame her as she realized that she had been acting on instinct and impulse alone and it brought her here. She stared at the boy with a curious fascination for a moment, eyeing his garment and the expression on his face, watching him, keeping herself as still as a statue.

"My name's Christine..." Her voice was soft and smooth and floated past her lips like velvet. She couldn't have stopped them if she wanted to. She quirked her lips into a small smile and tried to hold her composure as she introduced herself. "Stand like a lady...be proper and a poise." She folded her hands in front of her, her fingers clasping her diary as she did. She cocked her head to the side still with her smile and waited for him to respond. She didn't know if he would, but she had to try. She didn't know why but something was telling her that it was the thing to do. Maybe it was Martha...maybe it was what little courage she had built up during Miss Danae's class or maybe it was the fact that Christine was growing more into herself, but she knew that the longer she waited, the harder it would be to stay as strong as she appeared to be at this moment.

Garen

Garen
Bronze
Bronze

Garen was walking in the hallway trying to get more used to the place as he now know more about the modern days. He was holding the book that Riley gave him earlier at the registration room about to finish it. He was amazed by that device which is called computer and couldn’t wait to meet Riley again to try what he read on a real computer. He was reading the last page at the book. When he closed it he smiled and jumped happily”Yes!! at last I finished it.”

He placed the book in his pocket as he just passed by a door which made him stop and sniff the air trying to figure out that nice smell. It was familiar to him as he was raised up in a village which was surrounded by forest full of flowers with nice smell. He felt comfortable to that feeling of remembering the small village which he misses

He walked and stood by the door about to open it when he heard a familiar voice inside. He tried to remember that voice crossing his arms. But then he smiled when he did. It was the gorgeous teacher that he met at the tea room when he lost his way. He stood outside leaning his back against the door listening to the story she was telling crossing his arms while his head was down enjoying it.

After she finished he turned around opening the door and walking in. He saw the pretty teacher standing by the flowers while another two were standing together. It was the girl he met at the pool. He remembered that she didn’t want to talk to him back at the pool, So he decided not to try to bother her again.

The other one was the guy he met in the registration room. He didn’t know much about this guy. He just passed by them looking at them with a slight smile before standing beside the teacher looking at the flowers with his hands in pockets losing in his thoughts about his past and what’s coming in this place

Although Ian’s eyes were still firmly locked on the women tending to the plants in the garden he was more focused on his thoughts. She seemed to be totally enveloped in tending to the garden...two individuals had intruded on her and she had not even noticed them. Ian carefully studied her as she continued to move and tend to the plant life. If he had more courage he would have come to her, he would have asked her to let him help…he wanted to experience what she was experiencing in hopes that he might be able to capture a fraction of the feeling she seemed to be radiating. Just then Ian noticed a slight movement in his peripheral vision.

Shifting his eyes towards the disturbance he shyly eyed the young woman that was coming towards him. Ian’s normal response for this situation was panic, however, for some reason he could not begin to explain instead of a rush there was only a simmer of the emotion. Ian slowly shifted his weight back into the plants but did nothing more to escape the situation as she came to rest at a comfortable distance from him. He could feel her eyes washing over him…he could not blame her, sizing people up was an important skill.

"My name's Christine..."

She sounded so sweet, the simple greeting put him at ease and all of the sudden the feelings of danger and panic was snuffed out. Ian did not even bother to size her up, instead his eyes came to rest on her face. Without even thinking about it a slight smile appeared on his face. There was a delay between the time he thought of the greeting and between the time it actually left his lips. Ian spoke softly from his seated position. “I’m…I mean hello my name is Ian.” Ian was considering standing up to meet her when his eyes quickly shifted towards the disturbance at the entrance. He was immediately able to place the individual…it was the person who had registered before him.

His panic level was on the rise as he watched Garen stroll past the them…it seemed as if Garen was far more interested in the gardener. Ian moved his eyes back to Christine, he wondered if Garen’s entrance would have any effect on her. After a second of looking at her his hand moved off of his body and lightly patted the ground next to him. His voice was a bit more shaky and nervous as he spoke. “Would…you like to sit?”

Miss. Danae rose slowly dusting her filthy fingers along her apron. Her eyes looked down at her nails as she sighed addressing the others. “Come with me my children. Come save the flowers of this world.” Margo looked up as she quickly walked towards the three. “I am delighted to see others within my second home.” Margo placed her fingertips along Christine’s moist cheeks. Margo tilted her head as the trial of tears turned brown from Margo’s embrace. Margo shook her head. “Oh come now dear, no reason to cry. They shall live once more.” Margo lifted up her apron as she blotted Christine’s another smiled as she continued to lead them further into the confined Eden.

She knelt back down onto the dirt floor as she handed each a small metal shovel. Margo than turned to a rose as she uprooted the plant using the shovel as a base to hold the flower. “Now once a plant is lifted from the ground you must maintain the roots or it shall die. Like each of us, flowers are individuals, yet once it is paired with another something magical happens.” Margo stood quickly as she placed the red rose and replanted it within a the patch of yellow. She went back to kneeling as she tucked the rose into its new bed. “Hybrids are formed. The mutts of the flowering world. When two meet a new flower is created. When strangers meet a new friendship is formed.”

Margo spoke in a cooing tone as she looked at the faces of the students. “So tell me my lost wanderers what brings you to my garden?” Margo leaned to the side as she placed her hand along the floor while she tucked her legs behind her. Margo winked playfully at Christine. “I am Miss. Danae, Teacher of Formalities. Yet I assume that Christine has already introduced herself no?” Margo than looked at Ian’s clothes as her eyes widened. “Oh darling you are dressed perfectly for the Greenhouse, as of Formalities perhaps if we mend your clothes you shall be a confident young man.” Margo giggled playfully. “Christine can bring you to class so I can dress you that is if you shall accept my offering?” Margo than looked at Garen. “I do hope you found your way to the class you desired.” Margo shifted as she went back to weeding the flower beds.

“Well the weeds are battling the precious flowers for food and drink, in order to eliminate the negative, the toxins, the unwanted take hold and rip them out. Alas weeds never leave, they much rather enjoy corrupting the beauty. Although they are nothing precious to look at I can use the dandelions to make tea. If you could set their roots to the side perhaps I can give you a special treat as a thank you for your work my darlings.” Margo started to hum again as she turned her back towards the students as she started snap off the roots from the weeds.

9//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Her ears twitched underneath her beanie as she heard the doors open and saw the man from the pool who had come up and tried to comfort her enter the room. She glanced over at him and their eyes met for a moment. She had remembered her rudeness in the pool house and how she came off cold and uncaring. She would need to mend yet another first impression gone wrong...but right now she had one in progress that she would hope is going well...

As she glanced back at Ian she saw him gesture to sit next to her, but her movements were stopped, however, with the sound of Miss Danae's voice. For the first time she had spoken and recognized the other presences in the room. Christine's gaze was drawn away from Ian's and met with Miss Danae's, and her skin touching hers...

Ever so slightly she flinched, but did not move away from her teachers touch, her fingers were gentle and careful not to tread where they were not wanted. She had not forgotten her tears that had stained her cheeks, rather she was more distracted at the moment than to worry about them...They left her skin stiff and sticky and her eyes were filled with the image of her teachers bright orbs staring back at her. It was like she was hypnotized by them, drawn in by something deeper.

She watched her teacher kneel down and plant her rose, the one that was plucked earlier that day from it's resting place in a comfy vase and was now being transported to a strange new home, surrounded by those that were different from it. It was the lone flower that stood out amongst the many, and it did stand out... It did not wilt, it did not shy away from it's boldness and it did not try to change it's colors. It was proud to be the red rose standing out against a sea of yellow. Christine's eyes filled with this image, and this image along with Martha's words came flooding back to her. "Dont be afraid, don't be scared child, be strong, be proud."

"When strangers meet a new friendship is formed."

Christine took a moment to glance from both Ian and back to the other boy and then back to Miss Danae. Friendship...is that what was happening right now? Was she somehow forming a bond with these two seemingly unfamiliar strangers? People whom she has nothing in common with? Or maybe she did...Christine glanced back over to Ian as he seemed similarly entranced by Miss Danae. She did have that wonderful quality, so wonderful in fact that Christine quirked a slight smile, barely visible but just hidden in the crook of her lips.

Christine's ears perked up at the mention of her name and her attention was drawn back to the voice and image of Miss Danae. Was she supposed to introduce herself to everyone she met? That would be more difficult for her...although she had introduced herself to Ian rather smoothy...she thought. Just as she began drifting off, Miss Danae's giggle and glint of intrigue caught Christine off guard. "Christine can bring you to class...."

I can!? *BlinkBlink* She stared at Miss Danae, eyes wide and a furious blush came across her cheeks. This was the assignment she dazed out from then...to bring a boy to class...Christine could feel her face getting hotter and hotter. She looked down to hide her new red cheeks from being seen. She would have to interact with this boy on a more personal level...and more frequently than she had anticipated when she first introduced herself to him. If she had known this before, it would not have happened, she would have never come here. That was her problem. She glanced back down at the single red rose in the flower bed. She was not that rose...not yet at least. She was still blooming, still trying to pretend to be yellow, look like yellow, blend in like yellow, when she was born to be red. She would do it. She had to now...it was hitting her in the face and beating at her. Show her, show her, show Miss Danae.

Christine looked down at the flower beds, and throughout the greenhouse just as she did the first time she entered the sanctuary. Dead things lived here, but they would soon be brought back to life at the caring hand of Miss Danae. Christine wanted to help, wanted to be able to give them a chance to shine and to grow once more. She would not kneel down just yet though...

As her teacher turned her back, Christine slowly walked forward, still clinging to her diary in one hand, her free hand slowly reaching out, inching closer and closer to touch the fabric of her dress. "Uhm, Miss Danae, might I have a word with you...in private? " Christine looked at her, pleading with her eyes to take the time to give her this one special request. It ached inside her, she needed someone to know, someone to confide in...someone to see her as the red rose that she was hiding from the world.

10//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Miss. Danae turned her head as she watched Christine’s reaction. Margo tilted her head concerned that her precious student was redirecting herself in a negative fashion. That Christine was welting her body as the lifecycle reversed. Christine was becoming that timid seed, that baby needing the tender love. As Margo turned her body she continued to attend to the plants.

That nervous plead. That dreadful yearning Christine so desperately wished to achieve. Margo turned around as she smiled at Christine. Margo nodded quietly as she placed a hand along Christine’s back. Margo looked both at Ian and Garen before addressing Christine. “Now my adoring gardeners please be gentle with the transporting. After all If we destroy the root the flower dies.” Margo winked playfully at the two. “The flowers life rests in your gentle hands milord’s. Nurture and cradle the flowers their life depends upon your guided hands. In a moment we shall return.”

Margo than continued walking as she weaved around the large clay pots and mounds of soil. Margo leaned against one of the unkempt flowerbeds as she looked at Christine. “We are alone now darling. So speak if you wish the flowers will not tell any of your secrets for they have kept my over the years. Such dear they can be especially when one feels alone, weak, ill, or saddened. A flower is a symbol of hope and dedication, a symbol that others are looking out for your wellbeing. Look around you Christine, so many living things care for you because you care for them.” Margo smiled as she continued to whisper as she awaited Christine’s desperate news.

11//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 am

Christine did not wait to hear her teachers words, she just simply looked to make sure they were out of sight distance from the other two. If she did not do it now, she never would and would continue to hide herself from the rest of the world and wither away until there was nothing more of her left. She gripped the fabric of her beanie, and her fingers hesitated for a moment and in that moment it seemed snippets from her life were flashing before her, melding with one another.

Martha chiding Christine for wanting to go outside to play with the other children, long days of sitting and looking out windows at worlds unknown to her, rules and facts and stories Martha would explain to her of why she could never be seen...never be found out, never take off your hat, never take off your hat...

But that moment was gone and the fabric slid away from her head, revealing her stark white hair and the two twitching appendages atop her scalp, free of their confines and eager to catch sight of all the sounds around them.

Christine clenched her eyes tightly closed, waiting for a scream, a sound of disgust followed by running feet...her heart was pounding and eventually it was all that she could hear. The thump thump of her heart, thump thump, thump thump, and Christine found herself more calm, more at ease listening to the soft rhythm. If this was the wrong choice she had made, maybe Christine could stay hidden in this exact moment, this exact spot where it was just a thump thump that made the world disappear.

12//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:51 am

Garen

Garen
Bronze
Bronze

Garen continued looking at the flowers moving his eyes between them lost in his thoughts remembering his father who was killed centuries ago by the demon.He even didn’t hear the teacher when she asked him if he found the class he desired. Garen raised his hands looking at them smelling the blood of the demon that he killed on that day thinking to himself ”Am I that dangerous?”He looked towards the teacher who was standing beside him, then looked at the two students on the other side. Moving his head again to look back at the flowers ”Will that day come?! Will that demon take over my body and hurt them?”

Garen took deep breath as he naturally moved to lay on his back with his hands behind his head looking at the sky with a slight smile and saying in a low voice to himself”Well, I guess they wont be in danger. They are strong enough to protect themselves”He closed his eyes smelling the nice scent in the place enjoying it till he heard the teacher’s soft voice again

“Now my adoring gardeners please be gentle with the transporting. After all If we destroy the root the flower dies.”

Garen looked at her then moved his eyes to look at the guy from the registration room. Garen sighed shaking his head then closed his eyes smiling trying to clear his mind. It was peaceful feeling that he was looking for since he joined this place till he heard another female soft voice talking "Uhm, Miss Danae, might I have a word with you...in private? "

He opened his eyes looking towards the teacher to see that the voice was coming from the girl he met at the pool. His eyes shifted between the teacher and the student. But then decided not to interfere with them and looked back at the sky smiling. Yet his curiosity was overwhelming .He looked back to see the student removing her hat. Garen saw what she was hiding and was afraid to show to anyone

Garen looked at the look on her face raising his eyebrow. He moved to sit straight with his right knee bent. He placed his hand on his bent knee looking at the teacher trying to see her reaction. To Garen what he saw was pretty normal. Garen didn’t want to interact with the student as he remembered what happened at the pool when he tried to calm her. So he moved to lay back on his back looking at the sky smiling

13//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm

Ian was becoming far more aware of his surroundings as life in the greenhouse seemed to have burst suddenly. It still held its peaceful quality but the mood from when he had first entered had shifted. His eyes cast on Christine he was not at all shocked that she noticed the movement of the women before he did, after all it was clear that this women was the reason Christine was here. He could hear the same voice that serenaded the flowers offer a welcome to this place. Ian’s weight shifted forward out of the depths of the plants as Margo came to Christine and embraced her.

“Oh come now dear, no reason to cry. They shall live once more.”

It was a voice filled with both purpose and compassion…a very soft and sweet way to make a very strong statement. Ian slowly pushed himself up from where he had been sitting and meandered to Christine’s side…making sure to leave enough space so he would not be intruding. He could see something in the young women, a quality that mirrored something in him. Ian lightly plucked the shovel offered to him by the gardener and took a second to examine it. There was something about the way this woman spoke of the plants, of their task. There was a far deeper meaning behind her words and although Ian did not fully grasp it, it was somewhat intoxicating.

“So tell me my lost wanderers what brings you to my garden?”

Ian’s eyes were drawn up from the shovel to towards the gardener. It was a fair question but he was afraid that he had no actual answer…in truth it might have been aimless wandering but something about saying that seemed a bit callous. Just as he was about to gather the courage to say something the women introduced herself, she was a teacher? He had so many questions he wanted to ask her about the school. Ian wanted to know why they chose to send him here, what this place knew about what he could do and most importantly would this place accept him.

“Oh darling you are dressed perfectly for the Greenhouse, as of Formalities perhaps if we mend your clothes you shall be a confident young man.”

There was a slight blush on Ian’s face as she spoke these words. These were the clothes he had worn for years…the comment was not exactly flattering but he could not blame her. A year ago or so they might have been passable as nice but now they were in every sense of the words beggars rags. His head turned a bit away from Miss Danae, he could see Christine standing next to him and the student he had met at registration laying down. He heard Miss Danae offering and because his eyes were cast on Christine he could see the blush envelop her face as the sentence formed. Ian had never had someone offer to make him clothes before and although he wanted to jump at the chance Christine’s blush gave him pause. As she dipped her head Ian turned his attention back to Miss Danae.

“I…am sure the students here have a rather….hectic schedule. I shell only intrude on either of you if you have the time.” This was about as diplomatic as Ian had the capability of being…he was not a linguist. With the shovel in hand Ian walked forward and knelt down a good couple of feet from Miss Danae, looking over the tangled growth. He did not trust himself with anything delicate…most of the plant life was foreign to him but he did recognize the weeds she had spoken of. He would devote himself to the elimination of that which was killing the beauty of the garden. As he drove his shovel into the ground he could hear Christine speak…it sounded almost like a plea.

He had almost forgotten how she looked when she first arrived in the greenhouse. The way she looked at Miss Danae, if Ian had to guess Christine was here to do something important. This was something Ian did not want to intrude on so he turned his full attention to the task at hand…carefully he selected out the weeds and ripped them from the soil. Ian had not even noticed the pair leaving, nor Garen still laying about, the task had enveloped him.

14//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Margo smiled as she watched her little actress perform. Fingers folded, coiling along the brim of the beanie as she exposed herself. Margo watched as Christine’s body tightened in fear as Margo smiled. Margo than stepped forward as she placed her hands along Christine’s shoulders. Gently and firmly Margo used the support from Christine as Margo knelt down eye level with her. Margo moved her hands from Christine’s shoulders as she brought her fingertips to grip a hold of Christine’s cheeks.

“My dear sweet Christine….you are beautiful! Shine with the flowers as they dance in the sun. Be proud of your pretty face and adoring ears. They make you who you are!” Margo giggled as she stood upright “Oh darling if every flower was the same, than they each would have the same name. How simply it would be for an admirer to pick. Look around you, thousands of petals are reaching out to you, and each a different breed. I am proud of you to not hide yourself and insist you must be like the others.” Margo leaned forward as she whispered into Christine’s ear. “That is what an admirer seeks, someone that has something special.” Margo winked as she started towards the others.

“I do hope you join us and I do believe it is rather hot in here to be wearing a hat darling.” Margo turned her body back around as she wandered towards Garen. Margo placed her hands along her hips as she tilted her head. Her hair flicking into her face as her pale pools drowned his reflection. “Well now it does appear that you are resting. “ Margo moved her hands to untie her apron as she folded it inside out. She layered the apron as a pillow as she laid it down next to Garen’s head.

“Rest well my little wanderer, the garden shall watch over you, but I suggest that you use a pillow, or you shall bring bits of the garden everywhere.” Margo shuffled her feet along the Greenhouse floor as she motioned for Christine to join Ian. Margo sat beside him as she watched the concentration. She watched his hesitant in his hands. Margo than overlapped his with her own as she twisted Ian’s wrists to loosen the soil. “You are so gentle with the ferns. I suggest to approach the wedding as a game. Now if you do not remove the entire root it will multiple. Creating double the work for those carrying hands of yours. What a shame that would be milord.” Margo giggled as she moved her hands to dust the soil to expose several roots.

Margo gasped playfully as her eyes narrowed. “Look at the marvelous spread before us! Now which root to pluck?” Margo tapped lightly on the off white roots. “Those are the weeds, the greenish brown are the flowers.” Margo giggled as she nodded her head to Ian than back to Christine. “I do believe he needs assistance Miss. Christine.” Margo tapped her finger along her lips. “Hush though, we have a sleeping admirer among the weeds.” Margo turned her head seeing Garen shuffle with his eyes and body. “Or perhaps he has awakened!”

Margo went back to weeding she gave Christine, Ian, and Garen some space. “I do insist that you three accompany me to Tea Room once we are done, I have a delightful surprise for you. As a result, and dedication to your gracious and noble acts. Three cheers for the Greenhouse Saviors!” Margo clapped loudly as her voice echoed off the Greenhouse walls.

15//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Garen

Garen
Bronze
Bronze

Garen opened his eyes and looked again at Christine then back at the sky seeing the birds flying around the trees in the garden. He was feeling comfortable to be in this peaceful place. He felt shadow covering his upper body which made him look up seeing that Margo standing and untying her apron. He sighed shaking his head seeing her placing it beside his head. He grabbed it and moved to sit up looking at her then at the apron in his head smiling.”Thanks very much Ma’am”

He stood up and walked towards her with a slight smile moving his hands covering her shoulders with it”But I don’t need it anymore. I was about to leave anyway.”He looked at Ian smiling slightly seeing him having fun. Then looked at Margo walking towards him and instructing how to finish the job well.

He smiled placing his hands in his pockets and moved his head slightly looking at Christine walking slowly towards her still smiling. He stood infront of her still his hands in his pockets”Christine.i know I might be nosey but I saw it. You are really beautiful .So don’t be shy about it”

He turned around looking at Margo smiling ”Sorry ma’am. The tea room isn’t my type. I had a reason for joining this place. And I guess Formalities wont help me to achieve that goal. But thanks for the invite”He slightly bowed to her then started walking leaving the garden

[Exit if not stopped]

16//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 pm

As he returned the apron Margo stood to address his farewell accordingly. As he mentioned his greater purpose she cocked her head to the side. Her mind spiraling with curiosity of his deeper commitment to avoid her class. He was persistent yet so was the professor. Margo curtsied as she stared at the back of his head. She felt the chemistry between Christine and others. Perhaps she was the missing connection to solve the equation that Formalities is not to be feared but to be accepted as an etiquette should.

As she rose her voice challenged Garen with a coaxing hint of bliss. She refused to smoother a student, a humiliating defeat on both parties. Instead she smiled as she looked back admiring the unattended flowers. “Such raw powers stems from a tiny seed, yet once it blooms the power is unleashed, filling the air with that powerful scent. I do hope Garen that you find the essence of your seed and you find what helps that purpose grow. If you lose your seedling we have many here that would wish to be planted by hands just like yours.” Margo reached into the pouch of her apron as she called for Garen to turn around.

A small cloth bag was wrapped in twin as she tossed it gently at waist level towards him. “In case you lose your way plant these seeds, as they grew they will guide you back here…back to us.” Margo gestured to Ian and Christine. “We are all in search of our cause, our reason, yet if you turn away you might lose a piece to your destiny.” Margo did one more dignified curtsey as she transformed into a proper lady once more. Even in tattered clothing she was glory.

17//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm

With her eyes closed and the world around her empty, save for the rhythm of her heartbeat, she was content...for the mere second before she felt the hands touch her, grip her tightly and her eyes shot open. The gentle touch did not make her flinch or twist away, instead she was entranced once more by the shining hues of her teachers eyes, staring at her. She could feel those delicate fingers moving along her body and up to her face and now there was no way Christine could look away. With eyes locked, and at full attention, she heard Miss Danae speak such sweet words....such different words than what she had thought would happen. She even managed to quirk a smile, hidden by the smooshing of the cheeks in Miss Danae's hands but nevertheless, there was a smile.

"I am proud of you to not hide yourself..."

She was proud. The only other person who had seen her true form and she was proud. Christine's ears twitched as her heart swelled up with such emotion. There were no screams, no sirens or prodding with sharp objects, just the approval of the person she so admired since her dear Martha's death. She was in such a daze from the thrill of having another to share her secret with that even the closeness of her teachers body, when she leaned in did not phase her.

"That is what an admirer seeks, someone that has something special."

She did however quirk her head at this remark. An admirer? Before she could ask of her teacher what she meant by her statement, she was already walking away and out of the safety from behind the bushes where she was. Still clinging to her beanie between her fingers, she dared to peek her head around the corner to watch her teacher walk away. Should I go out there...without this? She looked down at her gray hat, the fabric worn and frizzed from the amount of use she had gotten out of it. Christine peeked around the corner again, seeing Ian entranced in the task of plucking weeds and forming a rapidly growing pile and the other boy resting.

Besides the sounds of the worker and the sleeper and the teacher who was gazing upon her new found students, it was peaceful and quiet. The echoing sounds of birds chirping filled her ears, nothing was muffled or distorted anymore and they twitched with excitement. She could pick up the slightests of sounds, from the roots ripping from the soil and the weeds crashing into one another as he tossed them into the pile to Miss Danae's footsteps on the ground and the way they lifted completely off the ground without a sound instead of scratching the surface. Even the leaves rustling ever so lightly on the plants that surrounded her. It all was perfectly in tune, making a rhythm that she adored. Christine closed her eyes and let the world around her sing it's song as it filled her up. She was so enthralled with her own thoughts that she was not paying attention to her teacher or her actions or even the other two that were present at that time, until....

"I do believe he needs assistance, Miss Christine. "

Huh? What? She opened her eyes and glanced at where it had come from. She glanced at her teacher and met her gaze once more and found that she had willingly walked out of her confined spot behind the bushes and was fully aware that she was standing in perfect sight of the world. Without her hat. She hand glanced down at Ian who had not even peeked up from his duties of weed pulling. He was dedicated that was for sure. The other boy on the other hand, had kept glancing at her. She could see it from the corner of her eye and it made her slightly uncomfortable, though she didn't show it. Even though her teacher had exceeded her expectations from revealing herself, she was unsure of this stranger. Would he be the one to scream and run and contact the authorities and turn her in? Would she be laying on the metal table by the end of this evening after all?

Then he started moving towards her, smiling. She blinked. When he came to rest in front of her, she stood there still as a statue and stared at him with wide eyes, an almost vagrant expression on her face. The only part of her body moving were her now exposed ears, twitching and turning to pick up the sounds of the moment.

"You are really beautiful..so don't be shy about it..."

Blink. Blink. Beautiful? She couldn't stop it if she tried as she started to blush against her will. The flush red showing over her face as she stared at this man in front of her. Her voice lifted out from her tiny lips, like a whisper on the wind, soft and quiet, she spoke to him for the first time. "Thank you." And he smiled...and turned to leave. Blink. Blink. Beautiful. Could she really be beautiful? She reached up and touched her face, her cheeks hot with the rushing blood still hiding in them. She gave a little smile, unable to hide her pointed teeth from showing, but she had all but forgotten about them in that moment.

Her legs shuffled her over to the spot next to Ian's weed pile. She watched the dirt flicker off onto the ground as she glanced up at him, still enthralled in his work. She looked over to the flower bed that he was attending and smiled as the little red rose stood taller, prouder, and brighter than the yellow. She sat down her diary on the other side next to her and leaned in, gripping the blades of grass by her clawed fingers, and tugging with all her might... she pulled her first weed.

18//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Ian had never really experienced a place like this and until he knelt down to start his task he did not realize how choked the garden actually was. Although he was busy at work he was lost in his mind. Why was it nature would grant such an assassin almost supernatural powers to survive and yet make something so beautiful so fragile. His eyes slowly followed the vines of one of the weeds as it seemed to twist endlessly through the garden. The task as a whole would be a daunting undertaking but if he were to take it one square of dirt at a time he could do his part. This might be the only time in Ian’s life he would ever have the chance to assist something beautiful.

This time Ian would not be ambushed. Although he had not taken interest in the conversation that was taking place behind him he was well aware that Margo was close to him. As her hands overlapped his the grip on the shovel quickly tightened. Her words only strengthen Ian’s opinion…it seemed such a cruel joke that the weed was so gifted…such a ruthless plant that would destroy all in its path.

“Those are the weeds, the greenish brown are the flowers.”

Ian looked down at the small pile he had assembled…most of them were white. There was a slight blush on his face as he realized that he might have killed at least one flower but this slight setback only strengthened his resolve to go on as he plowed through the soil to see if any reminisce of the white root had escaped him. Ian remained focused on his task, the small square he had started in was slowly becoming larger and larger as he worked the edges.

“I do believe he needs assistance Miss. Christine.”

The skeptic and self conscious section of Ian’s mind could not help but wonder if he was doing the task so wrong that the teacher was sending someone to help him or if he was just a way to get Christine to work. As she spoke of Garen he slowly shifted back towards his task. Ian had never actually had tea before…he had coffee once or twice but the invitation was too good to turn down. He offered just a slight nod, it never even dawned on him that it more than likely went unnoticed.

”Christine.i know I might be nosey but I saw it. You are really beautiful .So don’t be shy about it”

The comment once again caused a pause in Ian’s work. He had not yet turned around to see Christine without her hat on but he was envious that Garen was able to just say something like that. Ian lacked the confidence to compliment most people and women were especially hard for him. Garen was accurate though, Christine was quite lovely. After just a second of envy he returned to his work in the soil shifting slightly to the left in order to get access to more contaminated soil. His work pace had slowed as he was drifting in and out of the conversations going on around him. Ian was particularly interested in one of the comments his teacher made.

“We are all in search of our cause, our reason, yet if you turn away you might lose a piece to your destiny.”

It caused him to shove the blade deep into the soil, cutting through vine and root. He wished something like that was true…or maybe he just wished he could believe it. In his 15 years or so he had never experienced anything that lead him to believe his life had any cause or reason. Pulling the shovel from the soil his head shifted and Christine came to rest next to him. It would have been hard not to notice what he was guessing she tried to hide. Ian offered her a smile in which he tried to convey acceptance and friendship…how it would actually be received was anyone’s guess. The snap of Christine’s weed drove him back into his task.

19//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:08 pm

As Christine worked, her mind was shuffling through all her thoughts and emotions as her ears picked up the various sounds of the garden. She was at peace and her entire surroundings and even her inner world. The steady pace of her work, the hum that her body seemed to make while it moved and shifted almost mimicked that of an assembly line. Pluck the weed, twist the torso, toss it in the pile and repeat.

As she glanced down at her small patch of dirt, she realized that the little area had become weed-less and each flower was standing tall and could breath again. She smiled and leaned down, shifting the soil between her nails, breaking it up and letting more air seep into it for the roots. As she pulled her fingers from the dirt, she glanced down at them, seeing them dirty and gritty, the dirt caked underneath her nails and her smile still grew brighter.

Christine's thoughts traveled, as she dusted her hands off on her sweats, to the moments with Martha out in the garden. They didn't have much of a back yard, but it did have a high privacy fence that allowed Christine the pleasure of being able to enjoy the sunlight whenever she wished and it also allowed her the pleasure of gardening with her dear friend Martha. They would spend hours each evening plucking weeds and planting flowers in newly found spaces. There was even a moment where they had planted so many flowers there was no more room in the backyard for any to plant.

She loved that flower jungle that helped her grow her imagination into what it was today. The slight moment of happiness was met with that of sadness when the images of the dead garden and the overgrown weeds and grass started taking over her beautiful jungle when Martha became sick and there was no one left to care for it. She would sit for hours in front of the sliding glass doors and watch the sun fade over the weeds suffocating their once beautiful garden.

It was a sad moment for her as she snapped back into reality and glanced around the garden at the weeds suffocating the beautiful garden that was right in front of her. But she remembered her little patch, and even if it was a small patch she could let it flourish and grow to fill the entire greenhouse with it's beauty. She glanced over her shoulder at Ian who was still working just as hard as when she first sat down and then back and Miss Danae who seemed to be in her own glorious world.

She stood and silently moved over to Miss Danae, whispering to her. "If at all possible, I would very much like to come back here to help with the garden every day. I want to make it beautiful again." Christine's eyes lit up as she looked up to her teacher for her answer, hoping that she could spend another day in another beautiful garden, making her jungle once more.

20//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Such passion seeded within Christine. Such warmth and happiness. Christine was full of purity. Her stance coated with love and passion. She adored the flowers and yearned to protect and nurture. Margo went to the small fountain as she dipped a clay bowl into the trickling water. As she filled the earth tone container she walked over to Ian and Christine for them to wash up their hands. As Christine made the request Margo beamed.

“Oh Savior of the Bloom how honored I am to be accompanied by such an adoring lady. The flowers will wake just to feel your touch and hear your name.” Margo giggled as she placed her own hands to tread along the confined liquid. “You have fire in your eyes Christine. As the Phoenix arises from its own ashes you glow with the brightness of the embers. You my dear are strong and determined, perhaps it is from the flowers that give you this power?” Margo giggled as she watched Ian become consumed with his task. Finding him more concerned with the product than the steps taken.

Margo took hold of The Greenhouse in order to save a dying world. Her hands aimed to rejuvenate and resurrect the past. She felt that the two students appreciated the cause and she knew that her words were heard. Margo moved her hands to tickle Christine’s chin. Her nails raking the student’s flesh as Margo smiled. “Never grow discouraged for even the weeds drink from your woes and dread. Make the flowers proud by refusing to give or negotiate with the weeds. You must be strong in order to challenge the world, you are outnumbered darling, stand your ground and know you have others beside you. Together we shall defeat the enemy.”

Margo giggled as she taunted the weeds. Margo bent down scrapping one of the weeds from its bed as she used it add to her theatrics as she spoke. Speckles of dirt clinging towards the ground as she shook the weed awake.

21//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Christine stood in front of her dear teacher only to have her move away towards the fountain. Christine thought to follow her, but it was best if she just awaited her teachers return. When Miss Danae came back, she was standing between both her and Ian with a small bowl of water. She was slightly confused, but when she saw that Miss Danae was washing the dirt from her fingers, she followed in suit quietly, listening to her teacher speak.

“You have fire in your eyes Christine. As the Phoenix arises from its own ashes you glow with the brightness of the embers. You my dear are strong and determined, perhaps it is from the flowers that give you this power?”

If Miss Danae had known better, she would have known that the fire was not in her own eyes, but in that of her teachers words. They were the fire to Christine's heart and soul. They set her alight with drive and inspiration and passion. She felt like there was nothing she could do and it was that want and will to do and to be great that came from her teacher. The simple knowledge that she was there and watching fueled Christine even more to want to be better.

It was the likeness to Martha that Miss Danae had that brought Christine to adore her teacher so. It was not only her passion for words or knowledge, but also her whole being, right down to the way she smelled. It was just a hint, but Christine could pick up on it so well, warm tea and rose petals, but underneath that it was the smell of the dirt that hid in the fibers of her clothes, the sound of her toes refusing to shuffle and instead walk proud, the sound of her hum, reverberating through the rafters and Christine's heart. Every bit of it was sweeter than honey to Christine, a warm touch of home that was so far away, but so close she could reach out and touch it if she were brave enough.

But despite her lack of bravery, she was still greeted with those soft hands and gentle touches as Miss Danae had no trouble reaching out for what she cared for. Her hand gently reached under Christine's chin and held it there for a moment and for the first time, she did not flinch or cringe or turn away. She let her teacher hold her there and even scratch her skin softly, that even the hum of her purring could be heard if one listened closely enough.

“...You must be strong in order to challenge the world, you are outnumbered darling, stand your ground and know you have others beside you. Together we shall defeat the enemy.”

Christine gave Miss Danae a slight smile, knowing that this was her answer, and it was the long way of saying "Of course dear." But she did take her teachers word's to heart. Christine knew that the road ahead of her would be rough and she would be, more often than not, outnumbered while feeling her back was against the wall. This metaphor not only stood for the greenhouse and the task that would be at her hands soon enough, but with the world outside the doors that lay in front of her and the small appendages that made her so very different, but so very special.

Her little voice spoke out as she watched her teacher pull the weed for it's death and the flowers life. " Thank you Miss Danae, for everything." She was, in fact gracious to her teacher, for showing her that there were decent people outside her little house in Blackpool, and that she was different but in a good way and that she would be able to embrace it and use that to her advantage. The hard part now would be to take all of that advice and follow it in order to achieve what Miss Danae was saying...and despite her fears, Christine knew she would not be alone.

22//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 pm

Margo smiled as she listened to Christine. “Oh darling do not thank the teacher for doing her duty, do not thank the gardener for plucking the weeds, thank life for creating the flowers, thank the worlds adventurers for seeking the knowledge for your teachers to admire than embed in your own minds. You are the reason we are here, you and Sir Ian, Miss Christine! You and all the students give us a deeper purpose. Outside this world is another, and another, we are a small fraction of a whole, united we prosper into a community, we become something more than as we started. You my adoring gardener will be something, same as Sir Ian all because you humbling bestowed upon me the privilege and the honor of creating a new life for these flowers.”

Margo smiled as she looked at the progression. Margo saw warmth as the light battled with death as the flowers took the advantage. With the aid of Ian’ and Christine’s persistent hands the Greenhouse will flourish. Margo sat on the floor as she than sorted the weeds as she pulled the dandelion roots from the plump orange bulbs placing the roots along her apron.

“Flowers drink water as I drink tea my darlings, if possible after the work is done I would love if you gave me all the dandelions they are bitter but their roots create such a powerful taste of tea. It helps mend the weak who are sick with a cold or sore throat. How charming it is to rejuvenate the evil of the weed by creating something useful, something glorious, some pure. In reality ignore the weeds and look at life, your hand who you touch, who you encounter inspire or distraught another, take hold of situations for you may never darlings what you might create.”

Margo smiled as she narrowed her eyes as her fingers plucked the roots as she pulled apart the desired appendages.

23//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 am

If Christine could will herself to hug anyone, it would be Miss Danae. Despite all uneasiness and unwillingness and uncertainty she was feeling before....Miss Danae's words filled her with such inspiration and passion and life that everything else save the woman disappeared. When she was with the wonderful woman, Christine felt like she was floating on air, no...lighter than air. Everything about her screamed poise and sophistication and elegance.

"You, my adoring gardener will be something..."

Christine could not help but grin ear to ear at this. She would. She would become something, become that bright red rose shining and glistening in the sun. Be proud to hold her head high and let her tail sway. Be strong enough to push herself into any situation and come out with the same stature as she went in. It shall be done.

Like a little gavel banging in her mind, Christine decreed it so. There was to be no more of this "if's" or "what's" or "how's." It was exhausting. It was time consuming, and she was fed up with it. She had washed her hands clean. Well...sorta. She looked down and still saw a bit of dirt hiding underneath her claw-like fingernails and in the crevices of her hands. She smirked a little and then looked up at the woman in front of her, the light shining on her making her glisten and glow with an ethereal beauty that emanated from her.

Christine did not think, or question or judge her actions. Her arms swung around the woman, who seemed to be in thought of something else as she gazed down at the flower garden, but was soon brought back to life as the young girl in front of her wrapped her arms tightly around her, squeezing and giving as much affection as the girl could stand. Christine held on, afraid that with too much contact her body would react and blow her away by some forceful magnetic charge that she had no control over.

She reveled in her ability to stay for such a long period of time so close to someone. She could hear the soft thump thump of Miss Danae's heartbeat when she was this close. And the smell of dirt, honey, sweet milk and tea with just a hint of roses mingled and wafted their way into her nostrils. It was intoxicating and delicious to stay there. She was warm and inviting and simple. There were no complications with her, at least none that Christine could see on the surface. Just the need to be there for her students.

Christine sighed and pulled away, unable to stay close any longer as she gazed up at the woman. "Thank you again Miss Danae." She thanked her despite her first attempt being thwarted by duty of a teacher. "I will continue to thank you for everything....I feel...so free...." Christine gave a deep, long sigh and then sat back down on the ground, throughly exhausted somehow...

She watched as Miss Danae smiled and mentioned the Dandelion and the delicious tea it made and Christine quirked a brow, knowing for a fact that Dandelions held such a bitter taste and she could tell that just from the smell. But even as she spoke, she watched Ian, the silent observer of this whole conversation, shift his work to her demands without a moments thought or hesitation.

He was different, she concluded. But different was good for Christine. It gave her a kind of pull towards him, knowing that she herself was more different than anyone could imagine and she wanted to share that difference with someone else and he seemed to be the perfect candidate, as he had not ran screaming or left at the first chance to...He was still here, tending a garden and as silent as the wind. He somehow reminded her of Martha, in a strange and odd sort of way, but she wasn't quite sure how yet...maybe spending more time with the boy would tell her all she needed to know.

24//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Margo held tightly onto her precious gardener. Her digits stroked the adoring student’s hair as the embrace continued. Margo rested her cheek along Christine’s shoulder as Margo smiled. Her plump lips curling into a wide smile as her pale eyes blinked slowly.

“Oh darling, you are welcome! You are so perfect in this time of bloom my dear.” Margo stepped back from Christine as she lifted her head upright to face directly into Christine’s face. Margo turned her head as she followed the gaze of Christine to Ian. Christine than looked down at his hands as he continued to work among the weeds.

Margo than smiled as she watched the roots of the dandelions grow in size. Margo folded her hands along the base of her back as she continued to watch the flowers. “I do hope that you both join me for the tea, to watch your efforts come to life in celebration! You both have worked so hard and I would be delighted if you join me.” Margo knelt down as she scooped the mound of roots into her hands as she tucked them within her apron pocket. Margo giggled lightly as her pocket bloated. “This is enough my darlings come, come wash your hands and we shall be on our merry way!” Margo turned as she went back towards the door of the entrance of the Greenhouse, the teacher of Formalities second home.

25//Closed by Admin//In the Green House Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//In the Green House Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Ian’s focus was absolute, the small patch of dirt was slowly growing as he decimated almost in his path. The only signs of life were three flowers desperately trying to hold onto life. Ian imagined how beautiful this place must have been once, and how tragic the downfall must have been. Ian imagined it happened like an unexpected blitzkrieg, the weeds swarmed through the garden. Perhaps Ian’s overdramatic framing of the situation was the source of his drive. It might be easy to dismiss the task as just busy work if he had thought about it simply as what it was.

His pause caused him to become more aware of his surroundings. The small quantity of sweat built up on his skin, how large the pile of discarded weeds had become and Margo’s sweet voice.

“I do hope that you both join me for the tea, to watch your efforts come to life in celebration! You both have worked so hard and I would be delighted if you join me.”

Still sitting Ian shifted his body away from the dirt and towards Margo and Christine. There was still so much to do here in the greenhouse but he dare not be rude. It would be a good thing to leave now, if he was lucky the task would burn in his mind and he would find himself back here alone with a thirst to face the swarm once again.

The young man stood slowly and moved towards the two women. Christine had undergone a transformation in her time in the greenhouse. Although it was the same girl who had walked in her energy had shifted. As Miss Danae spoke about washing up Ian examined his hands and clothes which caused his face to exude a pale red. Ian started to wander towards the door, lagging behind the two hoping that either Margo or Christine might lead him to a washroom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum