Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare))

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

It was your normal average day, not too hot with a slight cloudy overcast of clouds popping up in the bright blue sky. The town was becoming rampant with Sunday morning shoppers and the diner guests for brunch. With a soft sigh this unfamiliar face made its way through the assembling crowd, dressed in the finest of red material that clung to the bodies upper half then fluffed into an arrangement of Victorian era dress design. Hands covered in a softer silken red material that covered most of her pale arms up to her elbows. Then to top off the entire strange ensemble was a leather collar with a cross hanging from it, and a pair of leather strapped heels that craned straps up to her thighs.

The tapping of her boot heel echoed against the sidewalk as she peered in through a few stores as she passed by them, perhaps she would stop ordering things from the internet and finally just come by a few Irish made things from the village. A hand raised up and dragged covered fingertips through the grown out golden blonde hair, soft curls around her face exaggerated the large brownish gold tinge of eyes that tried to lay hidden with their star like scarring behind a pair of silver and white deeply toned sunglasses. Then the giant sign above the groups of people caught her attention, ‘’Slainte Coffee House’’

With a grin she quickly sped up her steps and moved to the front doors of wood and glass and gently pushed them open only to hear a gentle ringing of a bell over her head. Smiling as she stared inside, the beautiful seating arrangement, it would seem they were trying so hard for themselves. But beautiful none the less. There was no line at the counter, but there were quite a few patrons residing within the sets of tables and leather sofa’s. The slight stares that she could catch instantly told her that she was way to over dressed to be spotted in town, so silently she moved through the crowd and up to the counter top. When someone arrived to help her with a smile on their face she greeted them with the same. ’’Hello there young miss, can I please have a green tea with two spots of sugar and a dash of milk?’’

As soon as she ordered the girl told her she would bring it over to her when it was ready, with a nod she quickly gathered her dress in one hand and moved towards the window with a leather seat set right beside it. Quickly she moved and claimed the spot, crossing one leg over the other as she was sent deep inside of the seat. She felt like a child, so small within such a large cushioned seat. With large eyes, now removed of the sunglasses, staring out the window before her, watching the people walk along the town, wondering if she’d catch a glimpse of anyone from the school here.

2///Closed///Coffee House Serenade ((Open to any who dare)) Empty Can We Say "Makeover"? Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Naiser Vail seemed to have changed over night, as if a team of speedy demolishists had bulldozed entire lines of buildings and new modernized replacements had sprouted up like shoots of grass with the dawn. While Sellar knew there was far more to it than that, that his last visit to the town had been a few months ago, he still enjoyed picturing construction crews working frantically in the dead of the night to make impossible deadlines. The mental image of an over-caffeinated Bob the Builder, twitching like a jackhammer, brought a smile to the sparring instructor’s lips as he made his way through the recently paved streets. Even the lanes and avenues seemed different, charting new courses through the town, and though they were unfamiliar, they seemed better organized than the former roadways that had twisted and veered and sometimes stopped suddenly.

While he had come to town for a reason, the renovations had caught his eye and pushed the list of errands right out one ear. If one wasn’t careful, they might even step in the puddle of his abandoned intentions on the sidewalk. At last, Mr. Chevalier noted one place he recognized from his last visit which was still standing. Before, it had seemed out of place, with advertisements of Wi-Fi and coffees with a definite metropolitan ring to their name plastered to the big bay window at the front of the shop, but now, it seemed at home nestled between equally modern stores. Sellar stopped at the door and pulled it open before entering Slainte.

The warm scent of coffee, as addictive as nicotine, crept into his nostrils and he shut his eyes as he breathed it in deeply. “Mm,” murmured the man, as if he’d just sipped a fresh cup of the revitalizing brew. Of course, he had to have a cup now. Approaching the counter, Sellar ordered a latté, his preferred beverage, heavy on the cream, and waited with an elbow perched on a clear pane of glass that served as a section of the counter, allowing a wonderful view of various bakery delights. The sight of the baked goods reminded the instructor of his promise to bring treats whenever he and the Astrology teacher finally got together for her to make them her speciality: carmel lattes.

When the cashier delivered Sellar’s drink, he paid for it, and slipped an extra Euro into the “Tip” jar, and turned to leave. As his gaze swept across the room on its way to the door, a woman in a red dress caught his eye. She seemed vaguely familiar, but he could not recall having hooked up with any blonde since arriving in Ireland. The man’s brow furrowed as he squinted, trying to place her.

“Mary-lynn!” he called out, realizing who she was. The instructor’s lips split in a wide grin as he made his way over to her. “By the goddess, I scarcely recognized you!” A chuckle tumbled from his lips as he approached her, stopping himself before announcing to the entire coffee shop that she had bleached her hair—some girls were sensitive about that kind of information being public. Beyond her hair, her poofy red dress was hardly anything he would have expected to see someone walking around town in. “Well, I’ll be. You certainly look right off a set this time,” teased the quarter elf.

While her style seemed to have changed, his remained the same semi-formal with his slacks and sports jacket, both a matching navy blue, and an untucked ivory shirt beneath.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

As she was staring out the window, down the street at the new buildings that had become the town. Admiring that this town was changing over the month that passed, it was actually a reminder that this side of the world was still civilized. Taking a deep breath she put her elbows on one arm of the chair and waited until her tea arrived, and as quickly as she dove off into thought of what else the town could hold in its new buildings. Her tea had arrived from the cheerful young girl, and quickly Mary-Lynn pulled a few euro out for the girl and took her tea. Leaned against the arm of the chair she took a deep breath inhaling the scent of her tea before taking a sip.

Just as she was going to lay the tea cup down on a little table that was tightly squeezed to the side of the chair she heard her name being called across the café. Frozen in a moment she spotted that accent out of the crowd and she didn’t even need to turn to see who it was. This unfamiliar face became familiar, with a smile that pursed her cheeks and caused her tug her bangs behind her ears. Turning in her chair looking over at Sellar she could only smile lifting a hand to wave at him as he made his way over to her chair. Her face flushed with pink as he came closer still comment all the way over. ’’Oh Mister Chevalier, my favorite fencing teacher! ‘’ His next comment made her grin and shake her head just slightly.

Quickly she jumped up from the low sofa and stood up to him, he was much taller than her still, even with her heels on she couldn’t compare in height. The blush still tainting her cheeks she quickly moved towards him, and wrapped one arm around his back giving him a quick hug. Then she dropped back and took a few steps backwards as she turned and spun on spot. ’’Isn’t it just beautiful? No better time than a bright blue skied day to wear something pretty..’’ She was still blushing, grinning in her own pixie like way before she folded her hands flattening the front of the dress.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

As quick as she was, darting in to give him a hug, the former fencing instructor was faster and planted a peck on her blushing cheeks if she didn’t manage to pull away, along with hooking his free arm around her waist for a return of her hug while his other arm remaining aloft to keep from spilling the hot latte on the astrology teacher. His smile broadened further if he got to feel the softness of her cheek that rivaled that of the petals of the roses from which they borrowed their hue against his lips. If he missed, his lips shrunk in a small pout for a few seconds until she stepped back to twirl.

As she spun, he smiled widely and gave an approving nod. “Yes, it is very beautiful, but I really think you should have saved it for a dance or something. Don’t you feel out of place wearing it casually in public?” he asked before gesturing to the table and seat she had abandoned at his arrival. Sellar attempted to usher her back to her sofa, so they could sit and chat without blocking the aisle, should any other customers want to get through to the door. “Actually makes me wish there was one coming up at the school to ask you to it,” he teased with his Hollywood grin. He was being entirely truthful with her as since he’d left the states, no woman had caught his interest quite like she had. “I don’t suppose that dress would be very well suited for a club though would it? I don't think there's one around yet, but I am sure with all the rennovations in town, one will go in sooner or later.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The moment they had shared together, had already come and gone yet the simple blush of red stayed painted against the skin. Even with his dashing manners and brilliant smile, the simplicity of a kiss against her cheek almost made the adult squeal like some sort of child. Containing the excitement as she fiddled with the dress in hand, staring down at it for only a moment before lifting her head once again, watching Sellar move and situate himself in the seat close to hers. Only a gentle escaped her as the head tilted and softened eyes stared at the man with that same sheepish smile he pulled over her some how.

His compliments on her dress made her face stream into a smile, as she only shook it softly, her hand releasing the dress and covering one side of her face as if she was embarrassed. ’’Sellar… This is casual, dressing prominently isn’t something that should be saved just for a beautiful ball. Like candy on Halloween, it’s enjoyable all year round.’’ Shortly after she ruffled with the dress and moved it so its ruffles stayed off to the side allowing her legs to cross and flare off the new look of heels that hid beneath the red curtain. ’’Besides, I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels out of place in this town, so perhaps this dress won’t stick out…Too much…’’

Once again the color of pink glazed over her face as she sat comfortably, leaning to the arm of the chair and taking a gentle sip of her tea, then she sniffed in the air. Eyes narrowing only slightly to stare down at the latte that he held, smiling a bit before she leaned over peeking into the cup before falling back into her seat. His dashing Hollywood smile always caught her off guard as she sunk back into the leather seat, holding her tea cup over the body as she watched the man across from her. ’’Again with that latte Sellar dear? Still not going to give mine a chance?’’ A grin plastered against her face, and she leaned forward in her seat just enough to curve against her leg slightly. ’’Balls at the school, how lovely that would be, perhaps if their teachers stuck around they’d be obliged to treat us to something beautiful.’’ A wink of her eye before she returned to sipping at her tea again.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar seated himself beside Mary-Lynn on the leather sofa, the material creaking quietly as it accepted the weight of their bodies. [color=teal]“It hardly looks casual,”[color] he teased with a broad grin. The quarter elf drew one of his legs and crossed it over the other, calf resting on the other’s knee, his lap taking on the appearance of a crudely drawn square with one corner slightly misaligned. His hand nearest her perched itself on his thigh, sitting idle, while his other held the cup of his latte, elbow resting on the armrest. When he heard her explanation, citing candy and Halloween, he gave a laugh. “I love the way you think, but I still don’t think I’ll be walking around in a tux just for fun any time soon.” The man gave a wink, “Unless maybe a certain astrology professor asked me to.”

The man’s slate blue eyes drifted downward, following the ruffling of her skirt as she lifted it to cross her legs. “New shoes, too? Well, someone went all out.” Sellar’s smile softened as his eyes returned to hers. “I like the new look, it really suits you,” stated the sparring instructor as his hand lifted from his knee and settled briefly on hers for a light pat. The touch was brief before his hand retreated to his own lap again.

His expression became somber with her next comment and he gave an understanding nod. “I know what you mean, though to be honest, with all these renovations, I’m feeling a bit more at home. It’s not San Francisco, but I don’t feel like I’m trapped in some rural village anymore where at any moment someone might refer to my car as a horseless carriage.” With his joke, his serious expression shattered with a grin, a soft laugh tumbling from his lips like the tinkling of glass breaking and the shards hitting the floor.

“Hey, it might not be the best latte, but it gets me my fix,” he countered, drawing her cup even further away from her as she sniffed at it and peered into it. When she teased him about not yet trying hers, he grinned yet again. It seemed to be all he did, especially around her. “Well, we haven’t set a date yet, now have we? Don’t pin all the blame on me!” he objected in a playful tone. Sellar lifted his latte to his lips, sipping at it as she talked about the ball. When he lowered the cup, a tinge of creamy froth clung to his upper lip like an ivory mustache—it hardly matched his dark hair and eyebrows. “Mhm, it would be a lot of fun, and I know just the girl I would ask to be my date.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Her body moved slightly with the curve of the sofa, and she quickly turned her attention over as Sellar took place next to her. Leaning only slightly over so her body turned on the cushion and her torso leaned back against cushion of the sofa. Smirking only slightly as she lifted her leg up and held it there for a moment as she shook it only slightly to push the dress off of her leg, the design of the leather heels becoming visible. With its eccentric design around her ankle and the two leather straps wrapped up over her calf, making its way over her knee then disappearing behind the red velvet cushion of the dress. ’’Aren’t they just marvelous? I found them in one of the shops in town here before everything became new and fresh…And so modern!’’

Her smile once again peeled across her lips, fingers gently dancing against the soft white porcelain of the tea cup she held on her lap. Her head tilted as she looked at him, his laugh was welcoming slightly strange from the gentle care of serious matters he usually held. She had been so indulged with her eyes on him, that she almost didn’t notice his touch against her knee, almost… Her body turned towards him, crossing her leg over her knee once again this time more positioned to face him on the other side of the sofa. ’’Horseless and very dangerous carriage I might add.’’ Grinning only slightly she lifted her glass once again and sipped at it again this time noticing that it was dwindling down to nothing.

With a slight sigh she moved and placed the tea cup back to the table, then leaned back against the cushion. Then this time she raised her arm up, resting it over the back of the sofa letting her fingers drape through the newly blonde long strands as once again the golden brown toned hues moved and danced against the Hollywood look of Sellar’s fine looks. Her head only shook as she let her eyes roll only slightly before that smile pierced across her lips once again. ’’Well, you tell me a time and day that you’d like to taste something sweet and I’ll make sure that my Cappuccino pot is nice and hot.’’ Then once again she was lost in thought as the Hollywood face sitting beside her distracted her eyes as she curled only slightly onto the couch her free arm laying across her thigh and playing with the small draping of red that danced from the rest of the material.

’’Perhaps we should look into a ball…. Maybe a welcome the summer finery? I’m sure it might catch someone’s attention, even if it is just us teachers…Perhaps then…’’ Her voice trailed off with a few thoughts she let roll around in her head about actually having a ball, not being the only one who dressed in fine silks. ’’Perhaps a private ball, because I am oh so sure you’d do fine in a tux Mister Chevalier’’

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar whistled, a regular cat call that would a construction worker proud, and his grin turned wolfish. “Looks like they go all the way up,” mused the sparring instructor with a soft laugh, eyeing the woman’s legs. His gaze trailed upwards like a fingertip tracing along the winding leather straps. When she drew the curtain of her dress across her legs, like the ending of a burlesque show, he gave her a wink and resumed his less lustful Hollywood smile. After another sip of his latte, he lowered it down on the table, swiping the back of his hand across his lips to wipe away the froth mustache.

“Hey, you’re a witness! You saw the whole thing! That railing jumped out in front of me!” he objected, a laugh chasing the words out of his mouth, as she teased him about the bit of mutual damage he’d done to his car and the school’s entrance at his arrival. Sellar’s hands shot up, like twin red flags calling for “stop”, though he never ceased grinning—all he was missing was the aftereffect twinkle that Hollywood added in to have the perfect smile. After a few moments, his hands dropped to his lap, cupping his knees, as he listened to her again.

“Hm, how about Friday evening, unless some other dashing, young gentleman has reserved the time with you.” Sellar waited, hoping she’d accept his suggestion. He couldn’t think of anyone else he’d rather spend the first evening of the weekend with, and hopefully more than that. While he wasn’t exactly the type to enjoy a quiet evening at home, if it was with Mary-Lynn, he would look forward to staying in. It wasn’t like there were any clubs to go dancing at just yet. Though, as soon as one opened up, he knew he’d ask her to go with him. The style of dance might be different than a ball, but he knew it to be just as fun with the right woman.

“Yes, that would be nice, and I think there is someone at the school who would be most interested in hosting one. Who better to spearhead a ball than the formalities teacher? I can’t think of anyone else who should better know what’s posh and stylish,” he paused, and then looked Mary-Lynn in the eyes. “Well, except maybe you.” When she had mentioned him in a tux, he grinned at her, “Then for you, maybe I should wear one soon.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar’s whistle only made the rouge tint return back to her cheeks, smiling away like some child stuck in high school. Her hand out stretched, tugging the bottom of the red curtain up her leg, once again showing off the leather straps that surrounded around her ankle. ’’Oh yes dear, they go all the way up…’’ She let off a little smirk before she leaned back into the cushion of the sofa again, once again turning her form so she was partially facing the fencing teacher beside her. The smile on her face curved and pinched against her cheeks as she turned and hid her smile into the palm of her hand. Giggling like a child her head only shook for a moment,’’That poor little railing did no such thing! Oh and speaking of…’’

She turned in spot and reached into a hidden pocket that had been sewn into the mess of fluffy material. Taking a moment to find the pocket, she pulled out a little piece of folded papyrus and unfolded it, holding it out to Sellar. ’’Do you remember what I was doing that first day we met?’’ She flattened the paper out and laid it on the sofa between them, upon it would be a sketch of his car in the railing and an outline of his form in front of the castle turned school. ’’Not only am I a witness, I have crucifying evidence of how terrible you truly are…’’ The smile turned into a crooked smirk and she just shook her head as his hands went up. Rolling her eyes only slightly as he put on this little show, then returned back to her sheepish smile and leaned back into the cushion of the sofa.

Her eyes only watched his face as he asked about Friday evening, making her smile once again turn into a smirk as he teased her about some other suitor stealing her time away. She decided to play along with this one, at least to see where it would go. ’’Well, I’ll have to check my schedule and see if some man hasn’t already betted my time… ‘’ Her voice trailed off as she turned her head and stared out the window for a moment, letting silence become her only for it to last a little while before he started to speak once again. Her face turned into the rouge tinted palette once again and she could only cover her widening smile with the back of her hand.

As he continued on about the ball she could only smile, it was like a light bulb was over her head and it just clicked on out of nowhere. ’’Miss Margo? Hmm.. I’ll have to go and bug her then see if she would like to throw something together…I do miss balls… It’s been way to long since I’ve been able to go to one…’’ There was a hint of sadness in her voice as she said this, but not enough to pull from their current conversation. Then from the spot out of nowhere she leaned forward, placing her hand against Sellar’s knee, and gave it a gentle squeeze with that familiar smile laid back against her lips.

’’Friday would be lovely dear, and I won’t argue seeing you all dressed up wouldn’t be a horrible thing…’’ With a wink of her eye she leaned back against the cushion of the sofa for only a moment before the counter girl came back around and was about take her cup. ’’Dear if you could, bring me another tea I would be greatly appreciative of it. Two sugar and a splash of cream.. Thank you so much.’’ She gave off a gentle smile, then returned those golden brown hues back to the all too adorable form of Sellar sitting next to her.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

When she responded with an equally enticing answer, Sellar gave another laugh and wolfish grin, his eyes alighting on her lower pair of limbs again. After the curtain had drawn shut again, his gaze lifted to her eyes once more, to the level a gentleman’s gaze never should have left. For a moment, Sellar pondered how he wouldn’t mind a more private showing.

As the conversation took a sudden accusatory turn, Sellar’s thin eyebrows, only a little thicker than stenciled lines, arched towards the creases furrowing up his forehead like rungs of a ladder. “You were drawing, if I remember correctly,” he murmured, not sure of, or whether he’d like, where the conversation was leading. All the quarter-elf could do was wait to see why she was bringing up her artistic talents. When he saw the sketch, the uncertain worry melted from his face and his lips stretched in another broad grin. “Lies, all lies! That is surely Photoshop’ed,” he teased, referring not to the doodle itself but the subject matter it displayed. “I was never there. You doctored it,” he affirmed with a nod, adopting a straight face as his smile vanished again.

It didn’t last. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Laughter spilled from his lips as he gave a light shake of his head, eyes shutting mometarily. “Okay, you caught me, cop’er, whatcha going to do with me?” he asked, extending his arms towards her like a confessed convict waiting for cuffs.

Her teasing elicited a small, sad pout when she implied she might have her Friday evening already booked with another young stud. His expression was an equal tease though, and when she later said it would be fine, he smiled, his dashing, Hollywood grin, though he was wondering What have I just gotten myself into? as she mentioned his being all dressed up for the date. Did she want him in a tux just for a coffee at her place? Thankfully, as he considered it, she was distracted by ordering a fresh tea, which only served to remind him of his own, neglected drink.

Fetching it from the end table on the other side of the armrest, he lifted it to his lips and took a sip to try to avoid noticing what could be an awkward silence. When he lowered the cup, he saw two sparkling brown eyes staring into his. He gulped hard, the sound of his swallow filling the immediate hush.

“So, a ball…” he began, trying to launch them back into a conversation of some sort.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

She could see the suspense growing inside of him as he wondered why she spoke such riddles. Grinning as he seemed almost caught off guard by it, and suddenly was so very defensive about the entire scene. Her hand moved, covering her lips as the smile covered her lips once again she could only smile, holding in laughter as she stared at him with that grin on his face. Then out of no where came his soft tone of laughter, her head only shook slightly before watching his arms stick out before him. Grinning her hands moved out and clasped around his wrists. ’’I’m gonna put a proper pair of handcuffs on these wrists and put you in a cell.’’ Giggling just slightly as she let go of his wrists and she leaned back against the sofa once again.

Grinning all the while she just watched him, seeming to be affected by her little lie of her Friday being taken up already. Her lips curved into a slight frown as she could only shake her head as she looked at him, then saw that familiar Hollywood smile creeping up on his lips. Assuring her slightly, she relaxed in her seat and only stared at him with those golden brown hues as she couldn’t help but smile back at that dashing smile sitting across from her. As quickly as her mind was becoming lost, it was brought back by the kindness of the waitress, as she set the tea down on the table beside the sofa. Reaching over she handed the young girl a few more euro’s before rushing her back off to the rest of the coffee house.

Once again her eyes moved and rested on Sellar, with a slight grin collapsing over her lips as she watched him with his cup. The sound he made only made her grin, split into a slightly toothy smile which only made her want to burst into laughter. Yet, his voice brought her back to a slight stable ground before she could fall off the stool once again. ’’Yes, a ball. It will be grand and beautiful…Thinking on perhaps having it outdoors instead of stuck inside of a stuffy little room with a bunch of children.’’ Smiling just slightly as she pressed her back into the sofa once again, letting out a soft sigh as she lifted the tea cup from the table and then took a few sips from it still holding it cupped in her hands settling slightly on her lap.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellear grinned, noting the soft touch of her dainty lace gloves, the fragile fabric tickling his skin as her fingers ringed his wrists. “By proper, you mean fuzzy, right?” he teased, winking at the astrology teacher. “And if you’re arresting me, I want to see your badge,” he added as an afterthought. Once her hands slipped away, his own settled on his lap again, content with their idleness for a few seconds.

Their conversations seemed to conclude, converging on one final topic: the ball. Of course, given the grandiose gown that Mary-Lynn had selected for her outing, the sparring instructor wasn’t terribly surprised she’d decided on the fanciful topic that would have younger girls squealing with delight. The way she grinned, the way the light danced in her eyes, captivated by any discussion of the ball, he half-expected her to let out the girlish noise of glee anyway instead of her sigh.

“Bunch of children?” he repeated in question, an eyebrow arching again in mild befuddlement. “I haven’t exactly seen any kids around, unless you’re talking about the students, and they’re hardly children,” he stated. As a quarter-elf, Sellar knew what it was like always being treated as a kid, too young to do anything, too young to face the world, too young to meet the challenges of an adult life—but here he was, halfway around the world from home on his own at the young age of thirty. By elven standards, he wouldn’t have even hit puberty yet, he’d still just be a child hiding behind his mother’s skirt. His impure blood had accelerated his development to near that of a regular human, which had made it a little easier to fit in during his earlier years, despite the faint elongated point of his ears, often hidden within the dark locks of his hair. "Must remember, they're adults now, young though they may be, and deserve our respect and patience," he said, almost chiding her.

Sellar wet his whistle with another sip from his latte, the smooth flavor far from that of his cherished beverage back in San Francisco, but it wasn’t like he could hop a plan every time he needed a pick-me-up. He smiled again, remembering the promise of Mary-Lynn’s caramel latte he’d finally get to try on Friday evening—so long as he brought some sweet pastries to snack on with their coffee.

Last edited by Sellar Chevalier on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a gentle laugh the golden brown hues rolled into the back of her head at the mention of Fuzzy Handcuffs Perhaps she gave Sellar too much grace when she thought he was a gentleman, but this was all just a game and she enjoyed it all too much. With her form curling only slightly over her lap, pretending to pull a ‘badge’ out of her bosom, ’’I will have you under arrest and slapped in bed faster than you could wink an eye dear Sellar…’’ A gentle, almost child-like laughter spilled from her and she spent a moment as she watched him, grinning as he caught how she referred to the students. Shaking her head only slightly as she listened to him speak, it was true, they weren’t some little children that she could make dress up and act out a cute little Shakespearean play anymore. They were all grown up, into women and men that had lives of their own and thoughts that could bewilder even the strongest of minds.

With a long breath exhaling, her tea cup returned into her hands as she sat properly on the sofa once again, resting the bottom of the cup on her knees. Her head tilted, blonde locks pouring over her shoulder and covering her slightly exposed chest as she watched Sellar with a slight wonderment in her eyes. ’’Oh I know Sellar…But they will always be children at heart… Even as they grow older and they start to experience everything for the first time…Children they will be, as I grow old and grey and they start to form into proper adults, aging and finding time consuming their lives..’’ With a softened sigh her eyes moved from Sellar, back to her swirl of tea in her lap. Lifting the cup to her lips, she took a long drink of it before placing it back on her lap. The thought of the kids growing up and finally finding their place in the world was almost too hard a thought to bear. To think the past had held to much for Chevok, and now… Well she was here now, no reason to complain to fret over the thoughts of what could have been.

Her eyes moved once more to Sellar, one hand raising it to brush a lock of blonde behind her ear, tucking it behind. The future had so much more to offer, with school, friends and a new life ahead of her there wasn’t anything that would peel that smile from her lips. Not but a moment before her hands lifted again, pressing the tea cup back to plush lips and finishing off the rest of the delectable treat. Eyes once more moved to Sellar, and a slight grin crossed over her lips as she put the tea cup back to its place on the table before them. Stretching a single lacey covered pale hand out, she gently touched against the seclusion of Sellar’s hand and gave a gentle tug against the side of it before she retreated dainty fingertips. ’’Be a dear and stop by my class soon Sellar, seems the students will be busy with the ball coming up, Mikel has been asked to assist in its making and dear Bruxa… Well I find she won’t be long for a suitor. So alone I shall be in that moon lit haven, there you will find me with the cappuccino machine warm and ready for you….’’ With that said, a smile pierced across gentle lips, curving her cheeks against her eyes as she let a soft blush start to tamper against her cheek.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar’s thin eyebrows arched high over his slate blue eyes when she pantomimed pulling a badge out from within her cleavage, but not nearly as high as they rose when she mentioned bed. The Hollywood grin turned wolfish again, if only for a moment, before he let the conversation conclude.

Mary-Lynn continued speaking about the students as little more than children, despite their age. The more she talked about them as specifically a ‘them’, he wondered what she thought of him or even herself. They had been children once, as long as she wasn’t some weird clone straight out of science fiction, and he was wondering if she had forgotten that simply point. “Are we any different?” he asked, lifting his latte to his lips for another sip. A faint milky froth glistened on his lips, like sea-foam splashed across a shore, before his tongue swiped across to wipe them clean. Even with his serious tone and his mild concern about possible condescending thoughts milling around in the pretty head of his co-worker, he flashed her his practically trademarked grin. “No one ever asked me if I wanted to ‘grow up’.”

Sidetracked again with another discussion, Sellar’s grin softened into a smile when she invited him to her class. He gave a nod, “I’d be delighted to, Mary-Lynn,” he answered, his hand still tingling with the warmth of her brief and delicate touch. It was the second time the soft lace of her dainty gloves had tickled his skin that day, and he wasn’t sure if it sent a shiver of delight down his spine or lit fires elsewhere—perhaps even both, as if his body couldn’t make up its mind how to respond. So much for the discipline of being a master fencer, he chided himself with an inward laugh. “I really should get a move on setting up my class again. I’m no longer the school’s fencing instructor. I was promoted, sort of, to being its sparring instructor. Now instead of just dealing with what I know, I have to oversee bouts in things I don’t. Some of the things I can hardly pronounce!” he chuckled, referring to of course mostly the various Asian martial arts styles that he wasn’t entirely sure that students weren’t just making the names of up before listing them on their registration forms.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The lace covered hand lifted and covered her lips for a few moments as Sellar’s flashy grin once again tried to pull laughter or a smile off of her own. Shaking her head for but a moment as she took a few steps back away from the group of tables and chairs clustered together then let the end of the red dress once again cover the entirety of her form. The The Master Fencer went on with how he’s now the sparring instructor which only made her head shake slightly as she let off a soft smile that spread like wildfire across her face. ’’Perhaps it will turn out to be a very good experience for a Master Fencer after all. I find that classes are slightly restricted in such random rules and enclosures…’’

Once again her head shook as she thought about class back in the hill, or what may come of a visit from the dancer of knives in her little laboratory. Still it was an art, and well… The art surely interested her. Her eyes quickly tore from Sellar’s face and then moved across the sofa where she had been sitting and checked to make sure she had everything all together. So she had left that sketch on the seat, but someone would clean it up, not like she didn’t have the image locked away in her mind for a replication again. His chuckle only made her head shake again, as the reference to the new and strange styles of fighting and other things were going to start popping up more and more.

With that she gathered up her dress into her hands once again, curling nail of veil and satin and curtsied to the man before her. Standing back up with but a gentle curious smile pressing across her face, causing nothing more than her eyes to lighten with the small hint of joy overwhelming. ’’Then I do hope to see you for late evening taste tests.’’ As she spoke she made her way around the sofa’s and to the little glass door that blocked her final escape back to the college to attend to Ball’s and Class. ’’Don’t forget the treats.’’ A wink of the golden yellow eye, taking one last over look of Sellar with a smile piercing across the innocent face as she headed out the door. This time leaving him with the last moment of their meet.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

“Mhm,” he murmured softly as she offered her insight on his new position. Of course, he was less than thrilled about the unusual challenge of trying to mesh so many various and abundant styles in which the students and staff of Caislin Hallows were trained into some semblance of an honorable sparring match. As a judge, he’d have to determine what counted and what didn’t, what was a bit too aggressive and what was acceptable force. He paused, a small smile forming on his lips, it was probably as easy as pulling truthful predictions out of the stars, which her subject often claimed to do. His grandmother had of course, being elven, been an advocate of the stars and other astrological signs—but he’d never been that convinced of their reliability or accuracy.

When Mary-Lynn prepared to leave, Sellar stretched his long legs out in front of him before stamping his feet to the floor and standing. As her hands were filled with the long ruffled skirt of her dress, which her gathering revealed the strappy shoes she’d shown off earlier with much excitement, Sellar could not take her hand and place a chivalrous kiss upon her knuckles, not without wrenching her hand free first, which only seemed rude, so instead, he bowed at the waist, leaning forward a bit, with an arm tucked beneath his stomach where his body bent. “You will, you will,” he answered with a soft chuckle as he watched her hasten towards the door. “I won’t, I promise!” he called to her as she slipped back out into the street.

The quarter-elf smiled, watching her through the large picture window that served as the shop front. Once she had disappeared from sight, he checked his watch for the time. It was later than he’d expected, but he could hardly consider the time spent with the Astrology teacher as wasted or lost. Sellar lowered his hand to his side, and reached to fetch his latte cup, which was nearly drained, only to spy the sketch that Mary-Lynn had left upon the seat of the sofa. He diverted his hand to it and plucked the drawing from its resting place and examined it again. Cracking a grin, he folded it, finding its former creases, and tucked it into the breast pocket of his jacket. Sellar finally retrieved his latte and slurped down the final swig of its contents and headed for the door, tossing the disposable cup into the trash receptacle on his way out.
(exits)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum