Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty //Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 am

The sun was weak in the winter sky, casting pale gray shadows over the trees and benches that marked the way to the school gardens. Aside from the basic hedging that surrounded the school, there was rumored to be an old green house that had the promise of a new life even in the cold days ahead. There was even a "magic well" in the description said to grant a wish to the pure of heart. Vivian smiled at the thought. She was dressed is a cream colored day dress that was cut and gathered above her calves so she would walk easily. The fabric was sturdy and had the faintest forget-me-not-blue stripes that ran vertically. She worse her loosest corset, a pair of practical leather boots, and work gloves. She had brought a wide brimmed straw hat but she doubted she needed it as the sun shone more like a dim lamp then the ball of fire it boasted to be.

Making her way to the back of the school she purposefully avoided looking at the stables. Her last visit proved to be so embarrassing and frightening she dared not think of it. Shame however, she would dearly love to ride. She sighed, putting the building away in her mind before her imagination reminded her of the glinting gun that stared between her shoulders and aimed for her heart.

Just behind the kitchens, she saw an antiquated looking building, paned floor to roof in glass. At one point it must have been like a crystal palace, but age and neglect stained the window to the color of old parchment. She took out the large, intricate key that was included in her letter with the instructions. The letter claimed the key did indeed open the building....at one point in time. Vivian didn't let this bother her, she was determined to find an entrance, even if it meant making on herself (but she hoped it wouldn't come to that).

As she walked, she was reminded of one of her favorite stories, The Secret Garden. In the play adaption, Archibald, the lonely but charming hunchbacked lord, finds a young woman named Lilly at work in a garden. Exhausted from his ride, he asks the girl if he could rest a moment. The girl sweetly replies that he is welcomed to stay and even offers to share her tea with him. And they fell in love. She hummed the lyrics softly to herself:

“And every day to my garden, This man, who might he be? Came bearing baskets of roses, for he loved me. 'All I own' 'Just a garden' 'All I would ask is never to-' 'Never to leave' Say you'll have me,
Safe you will keep me. Where you would lead me,There I would go.”

Her amused smile faded to a bitter-sweet grin. While there was no dashing and tragic Archilbald to love and gift her a garden, engaging in life alone was not something she was unfamiliar with. She would just have to pretend her someday Archie would find her, and then what a valley she would have waiting for him. A garden teaming with the most vibrant, splendid flowers and impressive archways and topiaries. Yes, she could be Lilly alone.

When she did reach the elegant front door, she surveyed the tarnished lock. Inserting the equally aged key, she fiddled with it as flakes of rust dusted her gloved fingers. She tried cleaning the aged grime off the teeth of the key before blowing into the key hole itself and trying again. To her surprise, there was deep *click* and the decayed handle opened with a soft grinding noise. She pushed firmly, sure the over growth was blocking the door (and trying NOT to break the ancient glass) until she managed to squeeze herself in, closing the protesting door behind her.

The green house was large and ornate, the framing of the structure was an intricate pattern over head with various filigree beam of thick steel running the length of it. The vegetation was obviously wild and overgrown to the point that she barely managed to distinguish a simple rose bush among the tangle of branches and shrubs. She had her work cut out of her alright. Throwing the hat and key by the door, she began to tug and pull at the weeds, focusing on clearing the floor to reveal a completely hidden walkway. She stooped as she walked, pushing the gluttonous flora and fauna aside as she began to see a simple pattern weaving through various rows and flower boxes. As with most indoor gardens, the plants she could identify were exotic, vines, or large flower bushes. She managed to uncover a lovely porcelain fountain at the center of the room. Unlike tiered victorian fountains, this one was squared with intricate images carved into the stone. Upon further inspection, the small island of foliage in front of it may have been a pond of some sort. Yes her work was cut out indeed.

With a bit more poking around she stumbled (almost literally) across a small decrepit tool shed that looked like the tools inside were the only things that kept it from collapsing in on itself. Vivian carefully removed sheers, a rake, a hoe, and some weeding tools, cringing as she extracted them. Once she had everything she needed, she backed away slowly, waiting for the little lean-to to fall in a heap of clanking dust. When it didn't she moved on tip toed feet back to the circular path around the fountain. Sure she could work undisturbed, she hiked her skirts well above her knees, she got down on all fours and began to hack and stab at the weeds that choked the fading plants, humming the Secret garden song as if she were Lilly and this was her garden now.

2//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Greenhouse Garden Investigation. Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 pm

It was a strange day indeed. And his personal investigations and recon of the facility and the surrounding area, had not truely turned up much of interest to the wandering new student. He figured by the map he had been sent that he was supposed to scope the place out, and yet something didn't appear to be up to date with other info he had been given. So as he looped around behind the building, he would notce a large amount of overgrowth around building. It looked as if the whole area had been untouched for quite sometime.

Passing the stables, the smell of the animals within was rather pugnent and it made him wish, to walk at a further distance away. However, his path towards the overgrowth would not faulter or be detered. He wanted to know what was in the area. Was it some kind of grave mound? Or perhaps just an old greenhouse, which had been listed on his original map.

Arriving at the building he would realize that it was indeed the old greenhouse, though it was no longer a green color. The windows having become darkened from years of not being used. He would move his hand to the glass and he would feel the pale cold of the once clear windows. It was wrong to him to let such a place go to hell like this. Not htat it matteredto him that this was a school. He would continue to wonder about the inside of the building as he walked along the structure looking for an entrance.

Upon actually finding the front door, he would nudge it lightly. Because of the massive amount of over growth, he would find himself unable to enter that way. SIghing a little, he would brush some hair from his face and then vanish into thin air. He would appear in the greenhouse after that, his feet clinging to the ceiling. As he stood there quietly over looking the current state of the plants. They had gone out of control as had the weeds and probably the bugs which feed on plants. This place could use a lot of work.

It was during this time, he would walk around to find someone actually trying to do something with the state of things. It was a woman, that much he was sure because of her clothes. And she appeared to have a lot plnned because of the amounts of tools she had out. Seemed like she would be busy. But there was no way, one person could ever clean this place and restore it to its past luster.

Standing above her for a few more minutes, he would finally say what it was that was on his mind. "One person working on this green house is sort of like putting a bandaid on a broken arm. Its not even close to enough." He would cross his arms as he would continue to watch her.

3//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty The Sky is falling Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:49 am

As Vivian fought against the tides of wild vines and weeds that overflowed into the walk way of the green house, she thought she saw something move out of the corner of her eye. She looked up and seared around the room. She thought she saw the door of the green house quiver for a moment, but she concluded it must have been the wind from outside. Strange. Pausing of a moment to make sure she was indeed alone, she reached for a handle shovel absentmindedly. As she looked down into the silver head, she thought she was something on the roof. She twisted the tool in her hand for a moment, trying to catch the image again. Wiping the dust from the shovel, she peered into it again. A men splayed out on hands and legs was HANGING from the ceiling. She slowly put the tool down and cautiously raised her head.

She had to stifle a cry of shock. There WAS someone on the ceiling! Just...hanging, as if it were as easy as blowing bubbles. She blinked, made a quick scan around the room and then looked at him again. Well...that's what I get for wandering around the school grounds entering empty buildings as I please. I seem to have a habit of meeting people in the oddest way she thought exasperatedly.

Standing up and stepping back so she was not directly under the man who looked so at ease in his precarious perch, she lifted her hand in a weak wave, gulping.

"H-Hello. I, um, I'm the new school gardener. I promise I have permission to be here. Uh" She was transfixed by his nonchalant stance as his eyes surveyed her like a curious bird in a tree.

"Would you mind coming down? You're making me awfully nervous."

4//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty In Lilly's Garden Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 am

He watched as she used the tool in her hand to locate him. It wasn't like he was trying to hide at all. He was merely hanging around. Standing on the ceiling like it was the floor itself. His arms were crossed as he listened to her state that she was allowed to be here. He would then raise a brow and shake his head lightly. What was he now, school security? He continued to observe her for a moment, hearing her request for him to come down.

Sighing a little, he would take a step forward on the roof and seemingly jump into mid-air, while upside down. He would flip and contort his body in a unqiue way as he would easily land on his feet, even after the long fall. He sighed a little and then looked to her. It was strange to think a greenhouse this large would only have one gardener. He himself had estimated a good amount to be around four. Of course no one wanted his opinion.

"Don't be nervous. I don't mean any harm. Besides, if I did, I think I had the jump on you." He would chuckle a bit as he looked around. "I am new here myself. Registered not to long ago." He would move over to the spot she had been working and looked at the few tools she had. They were in total disarray. Old tools that looked far to rusted an worn to be very useful. He was almost certain that if he cut himself, he would have instant tetanus. The thought didn't appeal to him at all.

After looking at her tools at hand, he would move to the other assorted tools that were laid out. He would take a look at each with a shake his head. "These tools are totally messed up. They look older then I am. Jeez, and this is what you have to use to clean this place up?" He shook his head slowly, any envy he had for her instantly turned to pity. This wasn't a job, it was a punishment.

Finally, he would set the tools down and look to her. "Look my name is Sya Candel. I am pretty handy with repairs. Might say, I have a bit of a tinker's soul in me. If you want, I can try to fix these crappy tools." He didn't know why he was suggesting he do something like that. He assumed it was out of pity for her lack of decent gardening tools and supplies.

5//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A helping hand Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm

She blinked for a moment, Slightly stunned by his kind offer. She realized after a year of being hidden away from the world to protect herself, she was terribly out of practice with connecting. She looked down at the tools in her hands, finding the rusty inanimate objects easier to make eye contact with. Finding her voice she replied after what must have been a full minute of always silence.

"That's very kind of you sir. I'm sure I can manage." she turned the little shovel in her hands, realizing they were in dreadful shape. She tilted her head pondering his offer. "Although" she said pausing in thought. "What I really need help with is clearing the debris and eliminating the parasitic plants. If you could manage to find a tool that would help with that or" she glanced at his large arms and chiseled hands "if you could help with the extraction, I can begin rehabilitating the flowers. If you don't mind that is". She gave him an appreciative smile, her glow wasn't visible through her long sleeves and collar but it swam in the gold of her eyes with a twinkle of excitement. Weather he helped her or not she had met someone who didn't appare to wish her harm, maybe even a friend.

6//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Handy Guy To Have Around. Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Thinking hard about how he should approach this, he would smile a bit. She wanted him to help and it was the goal of any Rekku soldier to do such. He would smile as he moved past her to the parasitic plants she had mentioned. As he knelt down to observe their current situation, he would remove a blade from his left sleeve. His quick eyes would dart back and forth, just as the blade itself would. His hand seemed to dance in and out quickly. And to any observerer it would appear that he was doing nothing more then stabbing wildly into the plants and the earth.

Time would past quickly and in less then a few moments later, he would toss aside a large grouping of spider like weeds and plantlife. None of the actual plants and flowers had been harmed at all by his work. He was no gardener, but he had an idea of about what plants he should spare. His father had trained him well to know about plant life and what could be useful and effective. And during those long lectures, his father had also come to explain the beauty of flowers and other types of plants.

Standing from that knelt position, he would spin the knife expertly in his hand and smile. "I will move down the lines of plant life, removing the weeds and other parasitic plants. You just follow and do what it is you do." He had a feeling about her from the twinkling in her eyes. Some was different about her. Something intriquing. He would remove his trenchcoat and toss it aside, and then rolled up the sleeves on the dress shirt he wore. He would then give her a smile as he would move to continue what he had been doing before.

7//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Teamwork Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:59 pm

No sooner had Vivian suggested a task to her guest, he was slashing away at the weeds and vines that choked the slightly wilted vegetation she wished to save. She watched his hands move deftly to cut out the plants and then tear them out by the roots, as if it were as simple as brushing his teeth. He was a man of great capabilities, she could tell. He seemed at ease with the blade in his hand and he worked in a precise, focused manner. He didn't seem to have a hidden agenda or a flair that might suggest he was just trying to show off. He genuinely seemed like an honorable gentilman willing to help a lady extract a particularly cumbersom pest. She smiled delightly as he threw the last bits of weeds in a pile.

"Well done! That's perfect!" she exclaimed. Nodding in agreement to his statement to work as a team to restore what little life the place still had, Vivian searched for a watering can. She found one in the middle or a particularly tangled patch of shrubs but managed to pull it out without having to ask for help. She then began to walk around the parameter of the room looking for a water source.

"Keep you eye our for a hose and spigot if you please, the first thing we need to do is give these poor plants a drink of water"

And a little something else she thought to herself.

Checking to see that she was out of the man's sight, she pulled her vile of blood from out of the front of her dress. She didn't have enough for the whole green house but it might be better that way. She didn't want to reveal herself in full to man she hardly knew. Pulling out the stopper, she poured the contents of the vile into the watering can, the deep red blood pouring out with a soft spilling noise in the belly of the can. The sweet smell of pheromones wafted into the air as the blood's scent filled her nostils. She thought she saw the color of the leaves next to her turn a slightly deeper shade of green. She would have to find a water source fast before her new companion learned just what her bodily contents could do. She scurried off to look for a faucet, tucking the can into a nearby bush and out of sight.

8//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Warrior's Sense Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:07 am

He would look to her and then once more returned to unrooting and cutting those weeds and other plants that were seeming strangling the weak vegatation. He would hear the girl say she was going to get water and he would nod. And yet he continued to work. No point in doing more then he could. Let her get the water., that would give him time to work his own bit of magic. Withdrawing another pair of daggers, He would begin to move the weeds a bit quicker. He was a bit of a magician with knives, some people within the Rekku even calling him such.

He would have gotten a more of the weeds remvoed when a strange scent would hit his nose. He would shake his head a bit and then stood up. Something was definetly up. He knew that smell. It was one that he had learned quite well while growing up on the battle field. It was blood. And he wasn't bleeding. Standing up he would hold the knives ready to to be thrown and began to move towards the scent. Something about the blood was different. Something was mixed in it.

Growling a bit would look around for the girl. "Hey are you alright? Did you hurt yourself." He would sigh a bit as he would vanish with his next step, to only reappear on the ceiling once more. He would move along teh ceiling blades ready. From that height he would find the water faucet and looked around. "I found the water faucet. So bring that can." He would sigh a little as he hung there. The idea of somoen perhaps hurting her, not appealing to him. He figured she more then likely had just cut herself.

9//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty More than meets the eye Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 am

Vivian had her eyes squeezed shut in disgust as she rummaged through a particularly nasty patch of bramble bushes. She blindly felt along the wall trying to see if there was any source of water. She hear the man's voice from the center of the room where she'd left him hacking away at roots.

"Hey are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" Vivian felt her stomach drop for a moment. "No I'm fine, you must be smelling the rust from the tools" she lied quickly. Immediately guilt set in. The man was obviously not a fool and highly skilled (perhaps even deadly skilled) in the art of knives. It was shameful to device him but it was what she had to do to protect herself. She did let a little blush creep accross her face in response to his concern. She was always warmed to te heart when people cared for one another in some capacity. It was kind. Perhaps he wasn't all danger. she was intrigued by his Face, the mature, hazle eyes and that scare. Yes that was a story she would have to ask him about. She couldn't put her finger on what his profession was, but whatever it was, it had to involved strenuous and disciplined training for certain.

Upon hearing his discovery of the water, she shook her head slightly to bring herself back to the task at hand. Suddenly realizing his voice came from above, she looked up to see him clinging to the ceiling again "I thought i told you to come down. What if you fall?" She feigned a disapproving motherly tone, hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised. She knew perfectly well that he wouldn't, but there was still something unsettling about the unnatural way he seemed so just relax above her Making her way back to the bush holding the can, she spoke again but this time she didn't look up, a small grin on her face. "You'll have to direct me to it. I can't see the world as you do little bat"

10//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Along Came A Spider Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 am

He was still hanging from the ceiling when she mentioned what she had said before. He had come down once before. But when she asked about him falling he would merely shrug. "Its not likely I will fall. I have a natural ability to do this. In fact my father once told me I had worried him one day because I had climbed up on to the ceiling and he couldn't find me. I had fallen asleep up there." He chuckled a bit at the imagery of the Lord Sage freaked out because of his childish behavior. Of course that was how it went for him as a child. Every day was sort of like training. Even playing was like training.

As he clung to the ceiling, he would smile to her and with a few precise words he would lead her to the water source in which she had been searching. He had become good at things like this considering all of the recon training he had done over the years of his childhood and teen years. It was such and easy thing for him to do anymore. He didn't even really know he was doing even simple things like directions from that position. It was just easier for him.

When she would call him a bat, he couldn't help but laugh. "A bat huh? Well according to those who have known me my whole life, I remind them of a spider actually." He would chuckle a bit as he would drop down beside her soundlessly as she went to fill the can. "However, if you were to call me a spider, I guess that would make you Miss Moffette." He would offer her a light smile as he waited for her to finish filling the can.

What he didn't say was the fact he was checking her fingers and hands for any cuts or gashes. He could still the blood even though the scent was fading for the time being. Still he knew he had smelled blood. It was a thick and rich smell that sort of reminded him of flowers which was a bit strange. He figured it was laced with something, like a prefume. But that just wasn't the case and he could not find any wounds on the woman's hands. Deciding to blow it off for now, he would smile to her. "So Miss Moffette, mind if I ask your real name?"

11//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty And sat down beside her.... Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:40 am

He was quite exceptional indeed. She was fascinated by his calm demeanor juxtaposing his explosive feats of defying gravity. He was right. He was a spider through and through.

When he gave her the playful nickname, Vivian couldn't help but feel a tingling feeling in her stomach. She didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it reminded her of the old cliche "Butterflies in the stomach". She was a practical girl. She had has suitors before, but none of them gave her tingling sensation on the back of her neck, or the warmth of a deep blush that traveled down her neck. She still wore the work gloves but she was sure she was glowing slightly, however something about it was different. She half mused half feared it was a delicate pink hue to match her cheeks. Hoping it wasn't visible on her face, she shook her head again, blinking profusely as she focused on the water diluting her blood.

She always blamed the blood. It had a way of inebriating in the strangest of ways. However she had never really had a playmate either. Most of her life was spent learning about the rise and fall of ancient empires, improving her French, serving tea. All in the company of her father. Her father who knew how delicate she was, and how we would do, and did do anything to protect her. This man could be her friend. Maybe Archie wasn't who needed to find her. Perhaps it was just a sweet, friendly spider. Who would have known?

She pulled the can away from the spigot before it overflowed, the water sloshing inside the large tin belly. She held it close to her as she smiled a kind and genuine smile. "My name is Vivian Lennox. But I suppose Miss Muffet will do here. And you Mr. Spider? Shall we remain on those terms or would you prefer Sya?" She called the last bit over her shoulder as she waddled to the nearest cleared planter, ready to work her magic in equal with his.

12//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty But Didn't Scare Ms. Muffet Away. Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Chuckling a little as he watched her waddle with the large water filled can. It was an interesting sight to see. He would offer her a light smile, as he moved beside her. "Well Ms. Muffet, I think Spider will work for now. Besides, I find it comforting that one can refer to me as such with a smile." He would look to some more of the plants he still had much work to do to get all the weeds cleared out. He would spin his lone knife and once she would begin to water the plants, he would move to get back to ridding the young weak plants of their parasitic attackers.

He had picked up on the lsight pink shade that had entered her face. He wondered if it was because of something he had said or did. Maybe it was just her own thoughts that caused her to have that light pink blush. Interesting for a soldier and a spider to draw such a reaction. It brought a light smirk of happiness to his face.

He had noticed the scent of blood had completely diminished. He couldn't understand where it came from, but it wasn't until the water was added to the watering can, that he felt the scent begin to vanish. Was the blood in the watering can? Had Vivian put it there? Too many questions running around about that. He had come to investigate the greenhouse, and found a bigger mystery in the new gardener. She was an intriguing person. She presented a personality that seemed to draw his interest in her. He actually found himself captivated by her.

He would once again begin to remove the accursed weeds with his usual quick and precise movements of the knife. Occacionally he would look back to Vivian, part of him wondering more about her. "So tell Ms. Muffet, Are you just the gardener here? Or are you a student too? Tell me a bit about yourself."

13//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty The Gardening Duchess Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm

She looked up at him with mild glee, enjoying their little game of Getting-To-Know-You. She double checked the plants around what she was sure to be a cluster of Van Thol Tulip bulbs. These tulips had the basic integrity of your standard tulip except the petals flared out, much like a star, with streaks of color against white. She was impressed at his expertise in weeding. The soil around the bulbs was furrowed and turned, the roots and vines completely cleared around the small shoots. He was no gardener, but he could be, she thought in amusement. Poising the can above the bulbs, she she tipped the bucket and allowed an ample amount of water to quench the small patch. She was pretty sure the color of the water wasn't suspect, but what was about to happen surely would.

She turned towards him with a look of anticipation, figuring a few questions was not only acceptable but polite. If he had meant to harm her, she was sure he would have by now. "There's not much to tell seeing as I can't climb walls" she said with an amused smile tugging at the corner of her cupid lips. "However, since you have been so i kind and helpful I'm sure it can't hurt me to tell you i am indeed a student. Just arrived actually. I was born here in Ireland but my late father and i moved to France to manage his estate." She was not against of speaking about her father. On the contrary, she felt it defamed his memory and sacrifice to not speak of him. He was a wonderful man and should be presented as such.

She continued on, finding it easy to speak with Sya's calm presence watching over her. She moved to another cluster of bulbs and watered them as she rambled on. "I spent most of my life with my father under his care, obtaining almost all of my knowledge and education through him. I have a particular condition and after he lost my mother, he devoted his life to protect me. He did everything he could to give me every advantage and joy he could despite my limited experience with the outside world. I studied all the modern romantic languages, history, science, literature, and music. And he indulged my interests wherever he could. I do love to sing, ride, play piano and tea! I have a knack with tea." She said this all in a slightly bewildered excitement, unfamiliar with this sort of interaction. "When he died, i decided to come here and full fill a wish he had for me to attend an actual college that would allow me to progress with my condition, not despite it".

She didn't speak of the horrors she knew, the enslavement, the brutality, the draining. These were unpleasant smears on the day's otherwise lovely canvas. There was something so wonderful to speak with someone who wasn't sneering at her for excelling in the manners of a lady, or going through the motions of courting her with empty, distracted eyes. It was simple and lovely just to be working along side of him, restoring something that had the potential of being a paradise.

There was a faint glimmer for something in the corner of her eye. Looking deliberately at him as if you encourage him to look where she did, she turned back to the tulips she had watered first. While she had been talking, the stems had deepened their color and grown at least six inches. Even as they stared a small crimson bud began to form, vivid in an almost unnatural way. Every time Vivian watered a plant with her blood, it began red no matter what the plant type. But as the bud ballooned and began to unfurl, the red began to fade into a peachy pink and the flower opened fully to face her, as if it knew she had revived it. She smiled and sighed deeply. This was always worth it, this was never a chore or a burden to bare.

Looking back at him with curious eyes, she cocked her head as if to indicate that she had revealed a secret. Feeling slightly prideful, she cleared her throat. "Please, I've been going on for far too long. But i am not unaware of your skills little spider." She glanced down at the knife he was absentmindedly fiddling with. "I would love to know more about you, if i may. After all, you could seem like a harmless garden spider, but even the creatures of best intentions harbor a poison within."

14//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Raised To Kill, Yet Taught To Live. Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:09 pm

He continued to work quietly as she spoke of herself. A father's little girl if there ever was one. However, from the way she spoke it seemed that her father really wanted to protect her from something. Strange. while all father's he was sure wanted what was best for their kids, to devote his life to protecting her and teaching her seemed so unusual. But given his own unusual childhood, it was best not to judge.

He was about to speak something on his mind, when he would turn his head to witness what had just happened to the tulip bulb. Never in his life had he seen something like that before. A plant, that he was sure was on the brink of death, had just instantly been revived. Part of him wanted to ask how. And yet part of him knew it was something about her. Something special. Something that made it so her father had to protect her, not just raise her.

And from as far as Sya was concerned she had been raised very well. He lady like demeanor. Her sense of humor. She was unlike any woman he had ever met before. It was something that in of itself made him want to be near her to talk and ask questions. Now add in the mysterious power that brought that plant to life. Though he had no proof, he was sure she was at the root of what had just happened. And if that was the case, he knew exactly why her father would protect her. There were enough evil, bad, and horrible things in the world that would take advantage of such gifts.

His mind would come back to reality as she asked about him. "When I was still a newborn, my adoptive father found me on a battlefield. He told me that when he found me my left eye was close and blood littered my face. However, when he went to touch me, I vanished away from him and appeared about ten feet away. From that moment on I became his son, once he got ahold of me. From that day I was raised to become a soldier and an assassin. Though I can say, that I have yet to kill someone. My father raised me to also appreciate things like the arts and the world itself. However, on my 18th birthday, when I was supposed to become a member of the Rekku Army, my father told me I was going to school to learn more about the world, and actually leave the battlefield where he raised me. And so that's basically my past in a nut shell. I am nothing special. Just a guy trying to get by." He would smile to her for a moment, before going back to work on removing the weeds.

15//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Nothing to fear Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Ah and there we have it, Vivian thought. A trained assassin . And yet how many assassins had ever admitted to never killing someone? She had always pictured them as mercenaries or bounty hunters as opposed to young men who helped damsels in distressful gardens. She was very pleased with this information and she moved from plant to plant as he cleared without worrying about his intentions. Just being at peace in his story and presence. It was so refreshing.

The plants on the north east corner where they were working seemed to erupt in fireworks of red then fading to brilliant hues of violet and forget-me-not blue or deep scarlet and blush pink The leaves and stalks continued to soak her essence up giving them a bright emerald tone. She felt like their process of resurrection was very appropriate for the situation. Both people's lifes taking an odd turn away from everything they'd ever know only to find a kindred spirit in each other.

She listened intently to his story, nodding and responding as specific details were divulged. It explained everything. The agility, the knives, the stealth. And if there was ever an advantage to having the drop on someone, what better way than to literally do so. She was curious about his other talents and/or powers aside from being handy with a knife and playing garden spider with her. "I can't imagin the discipline and training you had to endure in your life, let alone in your childhood. They say this school is special because it harbors students from all Sides of the spectrum, even if that spectrum is anything but ordinary. You've demonstrated significant talents! May I ask if there's anymore or do your choices consist of fly or spider on the wall?" she asked him as casually as asking if he preferred rocky road ice cream over strawberry, watering a particularly shrivled rose bush with the last of the life elixir.

16//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Turn of Events Unexpected. Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

He continued to work hard and fast. His blade moving to once more strip another weed from around the poor rose it was strangling. He would toss the shred parasite away and then turned to her to see the work she had done. It was already beginning to look alot better then it had before. He would smile lightly and then went back to work. Keeping his mind off of the fact she was gifted in restoring these plants to life. He was still concered about the blood he had smelled earlier and was now more certain that it was her blood and that he knew where it had been. Even if she hadn't been cut or anything, he was certain it was her blood.

In truth he had found one other thing about this meeting odd. In a matter of a few minutes, he had gone from a trained assassin doing recon on the school, to becoming a gardener's apprentice. And to find that he had actually been able to carry a conversation on with said gardener. A conversation he was enjoying. IT was rather interesting to think that he would be able to do such a thing. Sighing a little, he would toss another weed aside and then finally he would take a moment to roll up his sleeve to reveal a colletion of strange markings up and down his forearms. It wasn't as if he was hiding them. They were just there.

When asked about any other talent he might have, he would shrug. "Well I have a knack for simple tinkerer's work. I can fix broken weapons or make new ones with time and the right material. I can fix and create new kinds of electronics with time and materials." He would pause a moment, and then smiled. "I have one other ability, but it is one that I am still trying to master. In fact, the amount of concentration it requires is to say the least, very taxing mentally. But I can demonstrate just a little bit for you." He would take his knife and with a simple flick of the wrist, he would toss away from himself and watch it bury itself in the ground. Holding his hand out towards it, he would focus purely on the blade. His mind was clear and with in a span of a few seconds, the blade would jerk from the ground and fly back to his hand. "I can generate magnetic energies. However, my control is lacking. So something like that I can do. But its not like I can manipulate metal or anything. Yet." As he added the yet he would smirk.

He would then go back to weeding out the parasitic plants that were still overthrowing the rest of the garden. "So what about you? Any other talents aside from your green thumb?" He chuckled a little as he allowed her the chance to discuss a bit more about herself. He wouldn't try to hide it, but it was evident he was interested in getting to know her better.

17//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Comparing scars Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:45 am

When Sya spoke, there was something soothing about the comfortable way he presented his past to her. It was so simple, so genuine. Something inside her grew quiet as she listened to his story intently. He sounded like someone who knew of the world and all that would entice him but was content to remain at his own pace. Well save for his need to joint he army. Her brow furrowed a little in thought. No one should desire war. She wondered if the war symbolized a bond he longed for. Perhaps the pride of a father and the glory for his family name. She was thankful he was cooped up here instead, whittling away at the cancer that was keeping the plants from thriving, even in spite of neglect. He was lovely company.

When he showed her his arm, she froze at the sight of them. They weren't the same markings as her's, more like battle wounds, but she had never seen someone so nonchalant about exposing their bodily flaws. Well, at least that's how she felt about them. They had something in common. The realization resonated deep inside her. It made her feel comforted. He was special.

Even his little show of magnetic abilities dazzled her. She laughed to herself when he admitted he was still learning to control it. She was sure there was no coincidence that his charming demeanor was a reflection of his inner talent.

His question almost brought her back to the present moment as she realized she was lost in her own thoughts. The room was teeming with her emotions of wanting to trust him, to know about him, to protect him, to know him, even as just a companion. She wanted every detail his past harbored and every dream he wished to fulfill. His small gesture of helping her weed meant the world to her. The least she could do was to be honest with him, to present him with the the only secret she had. Well maybe not...the WHOLE truth.

She looked at him with eyes that cried out to be understood, to be protected as her mouth managed to move and speak despite her hearts protests. It thumped wildly against her ribs as if screaming against her next action. Slowly she peeled the right glove off her arm and slipped her battered, bitten hand out. Extending it towards him, the tips of her fingers shaking slighting, she opened it fully so he could see the full extent of her skin's history. She shivered, and realized an immense load of relief and freedom flooded her body and spirit. Her knees buckled and she stumbled slightly as she became breathless. Lifting her head, basking in the feeling of freedom, she let out a loud sigh that quivered as it escaped her wracking chest.

"I have never willingly showed anyone other than my father my hands" She locked in his eyes, worried she might have frightened him in her moment of confession. "I'm the daughter of an angel, and i possess the purest form of life in my blood. i suppose...I'm a healer." Before he could protest, she reached out and touched the nearest rose bush, pressing her finger against a particularly sharp thorn. The was a burst of the familiar, empowering scent as she drew back to reveal a drop of blood slowly oozing from her finger. With a quick flick of her finger, she threw the drop on to the rose bush. The same thing that had happened with the previous plants began but at a rate and intensity that was doubled. The plant visibly sprouted and the flowers formed and bloomed as fast as fireworks. The petals glowed for a moment before settling on a golden yellow. The was a moment of pure energy that seemed to make the room buzz before it settles into a faint pulse that mirrored her own. She blushed, now feeling silly for the grand display. She looked into his eyes, hoping she was right about his good intentions. She extended her hand towards him, beckoning him to blink, to speak, anything.

18//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Spider's Promise. Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:48 am

He would watch her as she seemed to be caught between doing something and her own inner demons. He would move to her as she removed the glove and revealed her battered and beaten hand. He would listen to words about what she was. For a moment after that he would watch as her blood, which was still scented so poweruflly and sweetly. He would watch the bush come back life and seeming begin to blood with beautiful flowers. It wasi nthat moment, he also knew that a it was her blood he had smelled before.

Sighing a little, he would look into her eyes. He would then offer her a light smile. He would move a bit closer to her. He would take the glvoe she removed back and place it on her fans gently. He would smile a little and then nod as as single hand would move to grasp her's and another would move to gently caress her cheek. He would smile with a sparkle in his eye and begin to speak. "You have nothing to fear from me Ms. Muffet. Your secret is safe with me." He would smile once more though his next words were cold and yet, very assuring.

"And if you ever think someone is after you find me. I will protect you. I promise. Find me fast as you can. I will do all I can to help you." He would caress her cheek for another moment be for long finally lowering his hand. "Sorry if I crossed any boundries." Kind of an old pair. they were. And angel who carried the abilities to heal and restore life. And a spider who wanted nothing more then to take life in order to be his father's son. And yet, part of him wanten to just stay there and make sure no one would even try and harm her again. ,

19//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty An Angel's Destiny Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:56 pm

The surging emotion that tingled through her body was nearly electrifying as she watched Sya stride to her side. His broad shoulders were squared in determination an his eyes was so intense it made her courage quake. Had she compromised herself? It was just a school, you were supposed to get to know your fellow student, and surely anyone who posed as a threat to other people in the facility would have been expelled, right? She stood her ground as he closed the distance between them, bracing herself if by chance he became rabid.

But to her utter surprise, his gesture was tender and as genuine as he presented himself to be. She blinked as he took her hand and closed them at the touch of his hand on her face. When their skin met, a ripple of light sparkled across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose for a moment. This connection they had, this moment in time seemed greater than any she had ever encountered with other people other than her father. She considered that it was because they were mutually invested in kindling whatever bond was growing between them as opposed to adhering to social settings or public pressures. She had heard of brother and sisterly affection, kindred spirits, soul mates but she had never formed anything remotely close to that with any of her peers at home. Maybe it was their wounded past, maybe it was the school but something told her that she was blessed indeed by his presence.

"Your words and actions have made a larger impression on me than any person I have encountered in my lifetime. I am humbled by your offer and take it gladly. But in turn I offer my gifts to you. Should you ever ache or fall ill or suffer a blow, please find me." she took his hand as he removed it from her face, looking up at his with wistful eyes. "All life deserves to be sustained, from the most withered of shrubs to the courageous at heart. And especially a friend" The last word seemed to echo in the large room as if the spirits that be murmured their approval of the word. She was overcome by gratitude extended by a man she'd only just met. "I feel like this school is special. As if it was meant to bring the lost to light. It is wasted if we in reject the call to communicate with love. I see a wold of conflict in your eyes. Won't you do me the honor of letting me know you better and release the pressure you hold inside you by bottling it all away?"

20//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A War Within Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 am

He would look to her with a light smile as he listend to her say that he could come to her if ever he was injured. He would nod lightly and chuckle softly. "I can promise you that. And I want to thank you for that. Knowing that i can depend on you, means a great deal to me." He would take her hand and lightly kiss it as a means of thanking her.

He felt a great connection to Vivian. Something he had never felt with any other member of the Rekku Army. It was even something that felt different from his relationship he had with his father. He smiled to Vivian for a moment and then finally he would sit on the grass of the greenhouse and just lean back to lay on his back. His eyes would stare up to the ceiling with a smile. He thought long and hard about her question. A world of conflict. Yeah it was true. There was a lot on his mind. Questions that had eluded since he could remember. Questions that were recently brought to his attention. However, answers were just not there for him to find it would seem.

Looking to Vivian, he would give her a light smile. "I have so many questions in my mind. Questions about who I am and who I was supposed to be before becoming the son of the Lord Sage. I have questions about who I am to be now that I am not with the Rekku Army. I don't know who I am or where I am going. And yet, I feel at peace here. I feel a strange sense of belonging. I feel a connection that I have never felt before. And at the same time, it scares me. I am trained to kill people. I am trained to steal, collect information, and kill in silence. And yet, doing something like this in this greenhouse with you, is appealing to me. It makes me feel at ease and at peace. Today, I found out I would be in the Astrology class and yet, I am looking forward to it. I just don't know what to think or believe anymore. Sometimes, I just forget my past and just live day to day. I find that best sometimes. So while there is a world of conflict in my mind, I am not sure of which side is winning. I am not sure of who or what I am supposed to be. So to talk about this war within me, is actually quite difficult."

He would then turn his head to look at her and offer a gentle smile. "My apologies. I was perhaps a little to vague there. But that is only because of teh vagueness with in my mind. Please forgive me."

21//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Confessions to the flowers Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:58 am

As he began to admit and reflect his inner feelings, Vivian couldn't help but pain for him. She, who had know only complete adoration to the point of self sacrifice from her father, couldn't even fathom the idea of feeling inadequate by a father's standards or toying with the idea that bloodshed would win his good graces. As she listened she held her hands tightly together and walked softly close to him, taking a seat just across him on the now mossy patch of earth. She listened intently to his musings of peace and tranquility here. Perhaps it was so meaningful because it was completely absent of war or threats from a hostile force in a distant land. There were no strategies or critiques. Just two people rebuilding life. The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation. The quote make the concern in her eyes dissipate, as she breathed in the fresh sent of life that was slowly mounting the decay and mulch. Her eyes fluttered closed as she was content just to hear his story. The warrior was a darling Ferdinand away from his herd of raging bulls.

His apology only made her shake her head with a small smile. Her eyes still closed as if sun bathing. "There's nothing to apologize for. Perhaps the vagueness protects your memories from the moments at are unpleasant to you. And why wouldn't they be when you're world consists of the idea of conflict and execution. I understand wars and the outbreak of them, but the concept of raising a child with the soul purpose to make him an expert in the slaughter of others? That, good sir, is not something i understand or care for" She opened her eyes and lay back. They were a few feet apart with their heads looking in opposite directions, but when she turned hers she was in direct eye contact with him. She smiled playfully at him. "I promise i will never declare war on you. Besides it's obvious by my brute strength and feminine wiles that i would win" The idea of her being a femme fatal made her giggle, a rosy pink glow rising from her cheeks and bridge of her nose. She sighed deeply and removed her gloves, examining her skin in the dim light of the glass room. Turning back to him she gestured to his hands, moving it to his side as his hand met hers in a pair. They examined each other as their fingers curled and flickered under the scrutiny. Their pinkies were almost touching but the glow from hers was closing the gap.

"Do you have any passions other than your tinkering? There must be something that bring you joy in the midst of all the speculated carnage to come for you. Or a person? A friend or....someone more?" Surly with his handsome features, aggressive upbringing, and formidable body would attract the eyes of the women in his life. She even found him slightly alluring but she was so terribly inexperienced with any kind of raw attraction she doubted she would know how to interact appropriately. Any encounter with a male who came calling was always the same. Formal greetings, tea, monotone chatting about music and the weather, and always three feet apart. Even in this slightly intimate moment she felt completely free, honest and alive. She wanted to know more. She couldn't help herself as her pricked finger played with a patch of ranunculus, causing them to pop and bloom at an alarming rate and possibly grow bigger than they should as traces of her blood caressed their faces and leaves. The questions started to tumble from her lips "Whats your favorite part about being in the army? Whats the hardest lesson you've learned? What about the greatest skill? Are there more like you?" She stopped herself, seeing his amusement. "I'm sorry. I've just never really had the chance to ask someone any question I wanted. I've never really had...a friend" With the last word their hands brushed and the pink glow was of a sunset's essence as it flitted across her skin.

22//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Spider's Song and Heart Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 am

He listened to her and though it was how he was brought up, he never agreed with the idea of being a child soldier. However, he was adopted, so to please his father he had always felt he had to work that much harder. He had to do that much better then a normal son. He had to be more. And at that momemnt, he knew that it meant becoming the killer his father would need him to be. To be the one his father could give any command to, and it would be carried out instantly without question. He didn't care if that meant selling his soul and beomcing an instrument of slaughter.

Taking a moment, he would place a hand to his forehead to push those thoughts away. He no longer had to be that person here. He could be who had felt for the longest time was who he was. He would look to her and smile as she asked about his other passions. He had a few that he enjoyed. some were simple things. He loved to read. And when he wasn't knee deep in training he was often found with a book. But more then that, he had passion for something more. And sometimes he truely felt like it was the only way to convey his true feelings. He looked to her and smiled lightly. He would then look up to ceiling just as their fingers would gently touch.

"The eyes around me are so cold
With every chance they steal my soul
So walk with me, Talk with me,
Hold my hand I'm stumbling
In consequence here is me alive"

As he started sing, he would close his eyes and quietly just seemed to let the rest of the world slip away. It was only in sign that his heart was at a place of peace. The questions of his life and who he was gone to the remnants of the world, he sometimes wondered if he truely belonged.

Can you fix what's made to be broken
I can't fix what's made to be

My Heart is tattooed on my sleeve
I'm not hiding
No
It only hurts to breathe

I know it's blinding
No
It only hurts to breathe

Though he felt he had sang enough for her to understand his passion to sing, he continued to sing. Before coming to the school, he would often sing at many different locations, sometimes with in the gathering of his father's nomadic army. And then sometimes when possible, he would find a club or a bar that would allow him to stand and sing. Song was perhaps one of the few things that allowed him to unveil true emotion and feeling.

Standing now and alone
I need answers tell me everything you know
So heavy is the night
Exhausted
Whispers tend to crucify my mind
I'm fighting but I'm blind

Can you fix what's made to be broken
I can't fix what's made to be

I'm not hiding
No
It only hurts to breathe

I know it's blinding
No
It only hurts,
It only hurts,
It only hurts to breathe

I shout out
Can you hear me?
Mistakes have cost me years
Do they cost you?
Are you like me?
Tell me - please...

I'm not hiding
No
It only hurts to breathe

I know it's blinding
No
It only hurts,
It only hurts,
It only hurts to breathe"

When his song was finished, he would sit there and finally opened his eyes . He would look to e ceiling with a light sigh. Of all the songs heh ad memorized over the years, why did he select that one to sing now. Was it more of his instincts? What it is actual feelings coming out? She had said that she could heal his wounds. Was this thsoe wounds asking to be healed? He wasn't sure. He for now would just allow thoughts like that to wash over him. This was his problem. Not her's. This was his life. A life he had chosen, more or less.

Sighing a bit once more he would look to her and chuckle. "Sorry about that. Just sort of lost myself. But I guess that does explain one of my other passions. I love to sing. Though my songs tend to have a bit of a darker nature one might say." He would go silent again and then smiled as. "And as for someone special in my life. A friend or anything else, I have none of those. Before coming to the school I never needed one. All that mattered was training. Atleast as far as my father was concerned."

"And there is no need to apologize. I don't mind answering the questions. I found the best part of being in the army was knowing that noi mattered what happened, someone had your back. That you weren't alone. They weren't friends, but they looked out for you." He would then think for a moment about the hardest lesson he had to learn. "I guess the hardest lesson was the one where I was being trained to in assassination arts. I made it through the training area with ease. And I arrived at the target. Moving to complete the mission, I made the 'kill' if you will. However, I didn't check the body. Something every assassin should do. And well, when I turned to leave, the man who was acting as the target stood up and fired a shotgun directly into my back." He would look away for a moment. "A woman in my father's army was an expert healer. She healed my wounds before I died and saved my life. However, my father thought as a lesson, that I should still bare the scar of my failure."

His eyes would move to her's and he would smile. "I am the only one I know with my abilities. And I am thnakful for that. If other's like me existed, then there would be many more dead people around. That is a truth and is unavoidable. What I am, my gifts, they all make for the perfect assassin. Even now, I find the idea of another like myself to be scary and horrifying. There are times, that I think the same about myself."

Out of nowhere, he would begin to chuckle. "Oh wow, this is getting to be depressing. Sorry, about that. I didn't mean to sound like some kind of wet blanket." He would sit up and look to the garden they had been working hard to save. "What about you, Ms. Muffet? What other gifts and talents do you have? I mean you have to be more then a green thumb. I am sure as beautiful as you are and smart as you are, you have to have some other talents. Poetry or dancing or something. Can you enlighten me a bit more about yourself?"

23//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty "My Little Spider" Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Of all the things Vivian was anticipating, a song wasn't exactly what she had expected. It was hauntingly beautiful is its human confessions: To sustain we must breath, but to do so, to live, it comes with a price. Life and pain seemed to go hand in hand, at least from what Vivain knew of life. But the key difference to her was the pain paled in comparison to the exquisite beauty that existing could offer. The song was almost all too familiar. She listened dreamily as his strong voice seemed trapped in the little space they had, not even the plants could accommodate with the acoustics of the glass all around them.

The already dingy yellow light was beginning to turn golden as she suspected the sun was setting. While the green house was warmer than outside, she doubted weather or not she would want to linger in the now lush (and damp) foliage much longer. But the way Sya was opening up to her was simply irresistible. She wished she could comfort him as simply as she had revived her floral friends. Pulling her knees to her chin she traced the lines in her dress with naked hands, pondering whether or not Sya felt as comforted and relaxed as she did.

"I can only imagine the pressures of being a King's only son. And I'm sure your desire to make your father proud stems from the expectations that come from being his 'son' even more so since you were adopted" She wanted to be sure to sound like she understood him, gathering all his comments and presenting a thesis of sorts. "Regardless of your past, you make for very good company, my little spider"  She smiled playfully at him as if dismissing the pensive shadow that was cast over them.

She held her punctured finger up to her eyes and with a sharp intake of breath, her skin grew bright for a second. There was a small flash of light from the wound and then nothing. It was as if it had never happened. "You see, i can give myself of my own freewill without any effort. I could slit my throat and still mend myself with a flash"  She said darkly. Even she did not look as though she would volunteer to demonstrate. "But, if my blood is taken from me, drawn by needles, fangs or blades, i never heal. The malice of pure greed is against my very nature, and thus impossible to fight."  She turned her arms in the soft golden light. The scars were deep maroon and purple, each one healed in the exact shape of the original mark. Sya could easily identify what instruments were used to extract her essence. There was a particularly nasty one on her left wrist, who ever inflicted it had a full pair of razor teeth that could be counted in her flesh. Feeling over exposed for one day, she reached for her gloves and slid them back on.

"I'm afraid I've led a rather sheltered life"  She said dismissively as she flexed her fingers in the leather. "Although I'm fond of brewing tea infusions. I was a rather renowned hostess in Sante Luke. And of course there's always reading, drawing, painting and other dull female duties that would ensure her place as a respectable wife" . Her smile was almost sadly mocking as she got up and dusted herself. "However i too share your passion of singing. But that's for another time. Shall we continue another day? I think that's enough blood shed for one gardening session"  she mused dryly. She walked to the door expecting him to follow and tugged at the handle with a great heave. However in the course of their talking, the hinges had gone cold and were almost impossible to budge. She strained against the door, making quite a special of herself. Frustrated she marched back to him and plopped on the ground beside him.

"So much for that, although I'm sure a great warrior like you could have it open in a snap. although"  She said slowly, her eyes darting about her face as if resolving on a question she was toying with. "Do you think you could take me with you? I mean, teleport outside?" 

Last edited by Vivian Lennox on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

24//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty Re: //Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:49 pm

To be called "Her Little Spider" was something completely new to him. He didn't question it, but more or less just rolled the eyes along the confines of his mind. It was new to him that some one would refer to him in such away. Not that he was complaining. He could be her spider if she wanted him to be. That never minded him at all. He truely wanted to help her with the gardening. He found it refreshing and enjoyable for himself.

When she howed the scars from where people had hurt her for her blood, he would growl. The idea of anyone hurthing her just for some purpose upset him. He would watch her put the gloves on and he would gently stand up to take her hand in his. "I promose you, my' Lady. No will ever hurt you like that again. You have my word as your friend and as a soldier. No one will ever hurt you like that again." He would gently kiss her hand once more as if sealing his promise. He would then stand up and watched her go to the stand and try the door.

He watched the cold hinges keep her from moving it an inch and chuckled a little. When she cam back and asked about his teleportation, he would nod lightly. "I can the both of us. No problem." He would move to her and take one of her hands in his and then gently put an arm around her. He would smile lightly and in the flash of an eye they would be goe from that spot in the garden. When the would reappear that would about ten feet from the door, safe on the outside of the garden. He would smile to her as he would release her from the gentle hug.

He would look to her and smile. "Tomorrow is another day and I would to atleasy finish the northern part of the greenhouse. So with that in mind I was thinking. How about you bring some tea for us to drink. It would be nice. Because I will admit. All that hard work made my thristy. And truth be told. I have drank tea made by an expert." He would offer her a gentle smile and a wink before looking back to the school. The sun was setting and night was coming. The possibility of them being attacked at night was higher and so he would chuckle. "So, might a kind spider, see Ms. Muffet back to her room?"

25//Closed by Admin//Lilly's Garden Empty A Twilight Pair Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:20 pm

As Sya gripped Vivian her cheeks reddened. It was the closest encounter she had ever had with a man before and she felt slightly flushed, almost dizzy. She shut her eyes as they vanished on the spot only to appear a small distance outside of the building. It was a sensation she'd never felt before. It was as if she were falling sideways, but faster than she could blink. She felt her body compress and then relax, the dizziness worsened. She blinked quickly as he released her, trying not to sway on the spot. She supposed it was slightly exhilarating. Smiling as she found her breath, she took in the beauty of the sky. The colors were in vivid splendor as the sun set just over the forest surrounding the school. The air was cold and crisp, helping to clear her head as the shadows began to bleed into one another as twilight approached.

She was lucky, but in this moment she felt completely blessed to be alive at witness the day drawing to a close. It was better with Sya at her side, so devoted over a simple gardening encounter. She was truly touched by his concern for her, it made him exceptional. Even as he spoke she could see him trying to grasp his reality as a warrior who has been relieve of his duties and still serving his community. His apology seemed silly after such an out pour of his inner feelings.

She took his arm slowly, the light from the disappearing sun ablaze on his black hair and a rich golden light was held in his eyes that almost watched her own. She smiled at him, lips parted slightly as her teeth gleamed. She was happy, and for the first time in what seemed like eternity, was not alone or in danger. Once she had entwined her limb in his, she let her hand rest with their wrists touching. She couldn't keep her eyes off him and just the warmth from his side at hers made her feel light headed again.

"I would like that very much, Mr. Spider. I think it will be a very merry Christmas indeed." Despite the direct sunlight, her glow was visible in the bright sunset, as she sidled up beside him, letting him lead the way to the castle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum