Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN)

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

It seemed like a really long time since she'd last been here. It felt like weeks, but really it had only been a few days. She stopped once she had the doors to the library closed, and listened. As far as she could tell, the place was empty. She didn't hear whispering, or pages turning, or books being moved around. She didn't even hear Poe purring.

Quietly she stepped forward, moving until she was at the desk. Where was Mr. Ravnos? She glanced around. Today, her hair was tied into a ponytail, and she was garbed like usual. Plain white shirt and jeans, black shoes. It was a simple wardrobe she had, nothing with beautiful lace or bright colors. Oddly enough, she just really liked the color white.

The thin piece of paper she had clutched in her hands fell to the floor, in a clumsy movement of hands and fingers. It floated to the ground and landed soundlessly. Angelica frowned. Her reflexes were getting slow, and that couldn't be a good thing. Aside from the few tricks she could perform with her ice magic, she was useless in a fight. She couldn't throw a punch anymore than a toddler could.

She leaned down and picked up the paper. Once in a standing position again, she glanced around. Where was Mr. Ravnos? Surely he'd heard her come in?

"Mr. Ravnos?" she called out softly, so as not to be too loud. This was a library afterall. All she wanted to do was make copies of this paper, but she wasn't sure where the copy machine was, and surely it would take her ages to roam thru all of the library and find it. Idly, she stared at the paper, pondering.

Was this a good idea? A sort of cooking club gathering. She had to give herself props. For someone who couldn't stand anything more than 80 degrees, she was an unnaturally good cook. But, was this a good idea? She wanted to make friends here, and so far, the only people she'd made friends with were Jarrik, however strange that friendship was, and Mr. Ravnos. No one else really talked to her, and even the two of them she hadn't seen in a few days. In some ways, she felt so isolated.

This place was full of supernatural people, and so far her only companions were a human and a werewolf, and they were both of the male sex. What about a good gal pal? Someone for her to go shopping with or just talk to?

"Mr. Ravnos?" she called, a little louder this time. She was determined to do this. Even if it turned out to be a complete disaster, she would force herself to not regret this. She'd even checked with the kitchen, and it was fully stocked. This would be a good idea. This would work out...if only she could find Mr. Ravnos, so he could help her make copies of this paper.

2Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Books, books, books everywhere. Oh that glorious smell. That wonderful smell of books in the very back on the second floor where the air wasn't as moved by students. It was so calming for the soul, and Heaven forbid computers ever replace books. Computers were good. He wasn't completely against them, but they were too sterile for his liking. They lacked smell. You couldn't read a computer book by candle light or really take it with you. Wait, scratch that. You technically could take a computer with you, but it wasn't the same.

A faint echo brought Celestine out of his silent reverie. He pushed his glasses to the brim of his nose and started the silent walk through the second-floor stacks. He looked down to see Poe with him, supposedly having enjoyed the new exploration. With a quick snap of his fingers, Poe looked up to him and jumped. Quickly, Celestine brought the cat into his arms, the cat's paws up on his shoulder. Poe 'awarded' his master with a lick and a nibble to the ear, purring ecstatically.

A giggle broke the silence, "Silly, Poe. I spoil you." Only purring responded. 'Mr. Ravnos,' the voice echoed finally up to the second floor. "Must be someone I know, or I'm in trouble." he looked to Poe with narrowed eyes,, "I told you that girl's hair ribbon was not a toy."

"Meow,"

"Oh hush you." Celestine scratched Poe under his chin and called out, "Yes, yes. I'm coming already." His voice would reach. As the librarian and someone being summoned, he didn't care if anyone heard him. He finally came to the railing protecting people from falling down to the first floor. He leaned over the edge, pushing his glasses up to keep them from falling, "Can I help - oh, little Angelique," he grinned her way. "What can I do you for?"

3Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:07 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The rushed tones of "Yes, yes, I'm coming already" reached her ears and she frowned. She hadn't meant to offend him or anyone else in the process. She turned towards the way that the sound had come from and put on her best smile. She would simply have to dazzle him with sweetness until he forgave her.

She nodded her head at him lightly, after he'd ask her what he could to do help her. "Mr. Ravnos, I'm so glad you're here!" she exclaimed, really excited now. This was a genius idea! Truly genius. Everybody loved food! Well...she hadn't really counted for the Vampire students, but surely she could find a recipe in some of these books that incorporated blood. Perhaps a blood cocktail or something?

"Mr. Ravnos, I require your assistance with something...if it's not too much trouble." she called up to him. "Should I come to you, or will you being descending from the top floor?"

She fiddled with the paper gently, careful not to wrinkle the edges. More of a nervous habit than anything. Mr. Ravnos had a strange affect on her. He made her nervous, but comfortable. Maybe it was that piece on his hip that he carried around with him...all the time. It was a little unnerving, the whole idea of someone being armed at all times. But she always felt so at ease when she talked to him. He obviously had no intention of using the piece on her, otherwise he'd have done it already, right?

Her internal monologue was interrupted though, when she dropped the paper again. She frowned and reached down to pick it up again. She was going to lose the only copy of the paper she had before she even got to make copies of it, if she wasn't careful.

4Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

If everyone who comes into this library is glad I'm here, I'll probably have a fanclub before I know it.

Celestine's smile was one of hearty glee with such pleasant non-boring company around. Poe, sensing his master's joyful attitude, meowed happily and bounded off his shoulder down to the top of one of the nearby stacks on the very first floor. He trotted off to a place he could jump down to the floor itself.. Celestine turned his head to watch the cat, and wrinkled his nose, "Showoff!" that cat was always a showoff, and yet he wouldn't perform for any competitions.

Celestine turned again to Angelique as she unshyly, he noticed, gave her request. In fact, her face seemed a little pink from excitement, and her eyes had the look of a woman on a mission. He gave a partial smirk and began to come down. "I do believe I'll walk on down, lest you decide to jump up to the second floor with such bravado radiating for your person. Whatever this is has definitely excited you, Angelique. I would be most delighted and intrigued to hear what it is you have to say."

Those blasted glasses had falled to the bridge of his nose again. He pushed them up and noticed, as he walked down the stairs, that Angelique's eyes would glance downward. His right hand consciously grazed the holster and realized what had her attention again. Did it give her question to the nature of his being? Did it instill fear? Neither was a reason or something he hoped to obtain. Quite the opposite.Perhaps he would talk with her about it after she'd completed her day's mission.

The poor girl had then dropped that paper. So it wasn't just bravado, but complete anxiety as well? He silently praised her. She was so excited about whatever it was that she wanted to try, but at the same time, she was nervous of something. Failure? Just pure worry? The half smirk never left his face.

"In fact, I would say you're so excited, you can barely contain yourself. You seem ready to explode."

5Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica watched the cat with a cheerful glee, her head tilted. Her ponytail seemed rather loose, and a few strands of white hair fell over her face, giving her a strangely ghost-like appearance. But her dazzling smile remained. "Poe, you silly kitty!" she exclaimed, a sing-song quality to her voice, but it somehow might have come off as childish. Her crystal-eyed gaze quickly returned to Mr. Ravnos though, once she was certain that Poe would not be limping.

"I can't jump all the way up there you silly librarian!" she told him, her face slightly flushed from all the excitement. She couldn't help but bounce lightly though, every few seconds she rocked back and forth, from her heels to the tips of her toes. It might be determined that excitement looked good on her...or maybe it was her way of expressing her nervousness? Even she couldn't decipher the difference.

She couldn't keep still any longer, the rocking didn't seem to be doing the trick anymore. Quickly, she made the long strides over to the bottom of the stairs to wait for him here. "You're right though, as usual. I'm very excited about something. And I hope you'll help me with it." she told him, the dazzling smile on her face still. It seemed stuck there, but not out of place.

She glanced down at the paper again, and then back up at him, her smile fading a little. This was a good idea right? She felt like she was always second-guessing herself nowadays, but she couldn't help it. There was no one here to guide her, and she had to figure things out. It was like learning to stand for the first time. Liberating, but a little difficult at times...but she was sure she could make it thru this. One just had to learn from past mistakes, and take on the world with an open mind.

Last edited by Lillith on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Last post was too choppy.)

6Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:37 am

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Well, considering how cute it is to see you bounce off walls, I'm not quite sure I want to ask what it is you're so excited about." Celestine brought the back of his hand up to his forehead in a dramatic pose, "Alas poor Yurik, I know if I ask not this maiden what troubles her, surely I shall be cursed by salted tea and spicy sweets." He grinned and looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

Without prelude, he jumped the last step, landing gracefully beside her. Without permission, and that grin on his face, he managed to snatch the paper out of her hand and began walking to the circulation desk for her to follow. He kept that look on his face, wondering if she'd make a ruckus out of embarrassment. He was such a mean, childish librarian.

"Oh. A cooking club? Hmm...'Feast your eyes on your creations and those around you? Come talk about cooking and learn from others? Enjoy the taste of success?'"

He turned around, walking backwards until he was leaning against the circulation desk. "Angelique, starting a new club, are we? Good for you." He handed the paper back to the girl, "I'm guessing you wanted my help with something then?"

7Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She bluhed this time, out of embarrassment instead of excitement. Did he really think she was so cute? Her crystal eyes lowered to the floor and she giggled girlishly, and chewed on her bottom lip. She felt like a high school girl who had a crush on a teacher.

She watched him with curious eyes, his hand placed over his forehead, like he was about to faint. She giggled though, listening to him quote Shakespeare off the top of his head. She couldn't help but laugh, he looked so...silly. And the mention of salted tea and spicy sweets only had her laughing harder. He had quoted it, it was wrong, but she got the gist.

"Perhaps you were meant to be an actor, Mr. Ravn-" she stopped abruptly when he snatched the paper out of her hand, and she flushed a deeper shade of red again. She didn't make a grab for it though, thinking it might be considered improper for her to snatch the paper back from him.

She followed him, not having her usual trouble keeping up because of her shorter legs. She followed and waited for his judgement on what she had planned, but she still flushed, slightly embarrassed. She had wanted to surprise him and tell him herself, but he'd beaten her to the punch. Like a child, she stuck her tongue out at him and wrinkled her nose, the flush of embarrassment gone and forgotten.

"Yes, a cooking club. I figured that everyone loves food, or at least has to eat something. I confess that I actually need your help with two things." she held out her hand with two fingers standing, the paper back in her possession now. "If it's not too much trouble of course...." she added quickly. She was sure he was busy, and it wasn't but a few days ago that she'd ask his help, and here she was, asking again. And she hadn't given anything in return for his help either. Perhaps she would make him a special dish or offer to help him in the library after classes?

"I need to make a few copies of this small poster...and I need a recipe book..." she proffered to him, chewing on her lip hopeful that he wouldn't be too busy to assist her. She held out the paper for him again now, with both hands.

8Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine rubbed his chin as he listened intently to Angelique's explanatino, "That is sound. That is to say, I rather enjoy eating. I'm surprised I haven't found myself enjoying it a bit too much." His eyes studied the posture and actions of the young woman. "I dare say, Celestine kindly took the poster back as she offered and made her request. "Angelique, you need to relax. You're too tense. Enjoy life a bit and don't be afraid to take sound risks. It's the best way to enjoy life at times, I assure you."

Celestine took a moment to reread the poster. The rougish grin again spreading upon his face, "Well then, Angelique. I suppose the question is how many and what type of recipes you're going for."

Celestine motioned for the elemental to follow behind the desk where, in an office, lay a copy machine, a fax machine, some paper cutters, shredders, and other obligatory office supplies. "We also have various types of paper here. The regular office paper. Nicer paper. Poster paper. Blah Blah, I think you get the idea." His hand swept across to a shelf with the various supplies. "Go ahead and choose what you want."

9Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She watched him carefully, her crystalline eyes, while innocent, were analyzing. She wanted to be able to detect any hint of sarcasm from him. But as she stood there quietly, looking him over, she didn't find any. He wasn't patronizing her in any way. He seemed to think it was a really good idea, and she couldn't bring herself to disagree.

She bit her lip though, when he mentioned her relaxing. She wanted to, she really did, but she was a little afraid to relax too much. Relaxing meant letting down your guard, which she lacked a lot of anyway. But sometimes, it was easier to push people away instead of make friends and really stick with it. But she did find herself happy with this place, and happy to talk to Mr. Ravnos.

She wrinkled her nose at him again though, before she stepped foot and followed him. When she stepped into the office, a sort of industrial smell hit her. The paper, the air movement from the copy machine and fax machine gave the room a strange tang to the air. Or maybe it was the lack of movement...it seemed a little obvious that the room wasn't used on a daily basis, so perhaps that was what caused the air to smell so...stale.

She was not, however, oblivious to the colored paper, and the mass amount of resources this small office help. Her crystal eyes widened a little and she couldn't seem to contain the grin on her face.

"Oh my...this is fantastic! I thought the poster I made was okay, but now I can make an amazing one, one that will pop out with color and really grab attention!" she giggled a little and looked up at him. "Thank you so much for showing me this." she told him, still smiling. With so many resources, people were sure to see this and maybe if they saw it, they'd want to come and join in? She could really only hope so!

"As for recipe books...well, I was really hoping we could incorporate blood into at least a few of the recipes, so as to sate their palates...do you think that's a good idea?" she ask him carefully. She didn't want to sound like a weirdo, asking for recipes that included blood. She simply wanted to make the club friendly for all races, and there wasn't anything wrong with that, right? The only problem she'd have now, was getting the blood...

10Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 am

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine figured she'd be happy as if he had shown her into a candy Even before he lead her into the back, Celestine had noticed her analytical eyes. Was she busy planning her club or perhaps trying to figure him out? He had to admit he walked with a different beat than others.

"Don't try to make your poster too busy. If you do, you will find that other people will get disoriented just looking at it," he advised. She was always thanking him. Did he make such an impression?

Yet as jovial as it was, he ended up cringing for a split second at the mention of blood-based desserts. He correct himself quickly with a very small smile, "Well yes, it might be a good idea if you knew where to get such things. Perhaps you would visit a butcher and grab some pigs blood?"

Oh why did she have to bring vampires into this. In his encounters, something about vampires just rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe since a few had tried to sample his blood on more than one occasion. "Just a moment, Angelique."

He left her along for a minute in the stale room as he rummaged through the card catalogue for a general location. He wrote down the area of various recipe books on a small slip of paper. "Here you go. You should find all your books here. I hope you're enjoying the other book you checked out. Are you learning a lot?"

Recover yourself, Celestine. The girl just wants some recipe books to be inclusive. Stomach, calm down!

11Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She nodded to him and turned. She grabbed 1 sheet of white paper, the really nice quality. She also rummaged around in a few drawers and baskets, and managed to find a few markers. After a glance over at the copy machine she stopped, before the marker ever hit the page. Did the copy machine do colors? She chewed on her lip in mild anxiety, and then wrinkled her nose. If it didn't, she'd simply have to make the other 14 posters by hand. With a sly glance, she looked over at Mr. Ravnos, she grinned. Perhaps she could persuade him to help her further.

"Mr. Ravnos, that's an excellent idea...I'll visit the butcher as soon as I leave here...but a question, when you return." she noted that he seemed to be on his way out of the door for the time being. She watched him move from the room, and she turned back to the paper. She wrote quickly, in print, with the neatest and steadiest hand she could muster. In purple marker, she wrote "Like to eat? Don't like to eat but have to for survival? Don't eat but drink blood? Come join the cooking club! Friday 7pm - ?? Bring a recipe, and come hungry!" she then proceeded to place different colored dots all over the page, avoiding the words of course.

After a moment, when she heard Mr. Ravnos return, she turned. A few strands of white hair had fallen over her eyes, and the fashion it was in seemed more messy now, than the neat ponytail it was in when she first entered the library. Her small hands held out the paper for him to see, her grin childish and accomplished. "What do you think?" she ask him, her crystal eyes seemed somehow hopeful of his approval. And inside, she wondered why she cared so much? But then again, it wasn't in her nature to not care about approval from others...she'd have to work on in the future.

12Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

And as soon as he had handed a slip of paper with the location of recipe books, his hand had clasped a new poster. He gave it look, rubbing his cheek in the process. "Interesting use of color. Not too busy but just enough to grab the attention of the eyes."

Working in a library was more involving than one would think,climbing ladders, shelving books, helping students with materials. A bit of sweat had matted some of his hair together around his frames, hiding them. It gave the look of a weathered scholar having done his chores for the day.

Oh she mentioned blood on it too. He gave her a kind smile, ignoring that thought. "I think you'll be busy here for the next hour if you want them all in color. I'm afraid the machine does only black and white."

13Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She watched him look over the poster. She quickly folded up the card he gave her and stuck it in her pocket. She'd address it later, and look for the books when she was done with the posters.

She did give him a brilliant smile though, when he complimented her work and use of color. Despite her plain clothes, she loved colors and the use of them. The sunset or sunrise, for instance, was the most wonderful use of color she'd ever seen. It had been awhile since she'd dragged herself out of bed early enough to meditate and watch it...perhaps she'd have to do that soon.

His mention of being busy for the next hour making these by hand brought her out of her internal monologue though. And she noticed the change of appearance. "Oh, Mr. Ravnos...are you okay? You look a little green around the gills..." she frowned. "Do you feel well?" she ask softly, moving a little closer, in fear of his collapse. "You do look a little hot, from all the running around. Maybe you should sit down..." she told him. "I could get you a drink of water or some ice..." she mentioned.

14Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Oh, it's showing already?" He sat on one of the counters which had cabinets above. How could he say it. "Please don't tell anyone about this, but...I've had bad experiences with vampires in the past, and the thought of drinking blood...or having them drink blood around me puts me a little off ease."

He rubbed his temples, trying to calm himself. What he needed was a backrub to calm his stomach, "Ice water please. I'll sip it for a while. Anyway, it's not as if I'm prejudiced. It's just some bad experience, and the whole blood drinking never did set too well with me. What can I say?"

He hoped the young lass didn't take that news the wrong way. he didn't mean to come off anything but honest and impartial, but it's just the way it was. What else could he do?

15Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She watched him hop up to sit on the counter, still frowning. She was worried about him. This man was fine just a few moment ago, and now he looked as though he may keel over at any moment. She listened intently to his explanation and she nodded. If he ask her not to say anything, then she wouldn't. "It's okay, Mr. Ravnos, I promise I won't say anything to anyone about it." she put a cool hand on his shoulder and offered him a reassuring smile.

"I'll go get you some ice water...isn't there a water cooler in your office?" she ask him softly, reaching up with her hand to touch his face. Maybe the coolness of her hand would help ease some of his discomfort. "Shh...it's okay, I'll be right back." she quickly retreated from the office and headed towards his office. She marveled for a moment at the beauty there. She'd never seen the inside of his office before, and for a moment, she felt like an intruder here.

But after a brief moment of marvel, she moved to the water cooler, grabbed one of the small paper cups and filled it halfway up with water. It would take some serious concentration to produce the ice cubes and not freeze the whole thing over. She walked briskly back to the copy room, where Mr. Ravnos sat on the counter and offered him the cup of water. "Hold it down, so I can make the ice cubes please." she instructed him, and once the glass was in place, she'd close her eyes. After a moments concentration and a wave of her hand, three small ice cubes would appear in the cup.

Her crystal eyes opened, and she glanced down. A beaming smile would form on her pale lips, and she looked up to him. "Go on, drink up. It's not poison, Mr. Shakespeare." she nodded, hoping the joke would help him forget the anxiety.

16Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

What a cool, gentle, soft hand, Celestine thought. If it wasn't too strange, a small back massage with such hands might have been relaxing. The friction would cause the heat. The natural temperature of Angelique's elemental properties would be soothing. It might quickly alleviate his stomach from the thought of having someone offer him a bloody concoction.

Lost in thought, Celestine had scarcely noticed her absence, but indeed noticed her return when a cup was soon put into his hands and felt suddenly chilled. He glanced into the cup, eying it intently and watched as several millimeters of water had been isolated to produce three separate cubes of water. He knew she had some interesting control, but to isolate part of a whole and command their particles to come together as they slowed significantly. From a chemical point of view, it was truly astounding.

He looked up to her small, pale lips and the warm smile that formed. Raising his glass, Celestine gave out an energetic "Cheers," before sipping the cold liquid, feeling it settle his stomach. He would have to go to that club. If there were vampires and blood drinks, he'd have to expose himself to it for the sake of maybe getting over this bloody debilitation. "Thank you...Angelique."

Last edited by CelestineJohanRavnos on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BBC Demons)

17Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She frowned. Her attempt at humor didn't seem to lighten his mood at all. He must really feel ill. "Mr. Ravnos...is there anything I can do to help easy your illness?" she ask him softly, wanting very much to help, without seeming very forward.

It was silly for him to be afraid of blood...but that was her assessment, and it was based purely on her experience. She had no idea what sort of experience he might have had. But she didn't judge him. She didn't think him a weakling. He was simply a man with a weakness. Quickly she reached and turned over the poster, hoping that might help with the queasiness.

"Mr. Ravnos, it really is alright...please tell me what I can do to help you." she ask him softly, her crystal eyes watching him, almost like she was searching him, his reaction, his movement.

18Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:33 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

That girl. Celestine smiled fondly to the young, innocent woman. Well, perhaps mostly innocent. The evils of the world had touched all at some point. He found himself suddenly unblinking. His eyes staring into her pupiless silver eyes, once again.

He felt his throat tighten suddenly with a suddenness that left no sound escaping him. She had a stare that could stop any man. It was piercing but in such a way that gave off the feeling of deep concern. Slowly, his face evolved, his eyes closed. His eyebrows came close to them as his cheeks rose with a Cheshire grin. His right index finger came up to his cheek tapped on it twice as he explained, "A kiss on a cheek from a caring nurse always helps."

19Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The way Mr. Ravnos suddenly looked at her...well, it made her feel strange. Strange enough that she shifted. Being so close to him seemed to dawn on her now, and she casually stepped back a little.

His green eyes fixed on hers and she found it a little hard to breathe. Her heart hammered in her chest. Tunnel vision took over and things around her seemed to blur. Except Mr. Ravnos, he appeared perfectly clear in her sight. Her throat tightened, giving her even more problems breathing. She felt like she might faint.

No time to lose your cool now...she thought to herself. She pulled in a deep breath and tore her eyes away from his. But it made it decisively hard to be cool when heat raced thru her veins. A blush fell to her cheeks as she looked back at him, her crystal eyes avoiding his.

"A kiss on the cheek? Mr. Ravnos, I hard-" she stopped, finally seeing his Cheshire grin. Why did it make her heart pump faster? He was just a man...a silly librarian. And she was just a woman. One who had a curious desire to know what it felt like to revel in danger. But was this more than she could handle? They were both adults, and no one was around...

She chewed on her lip for a moment as he waited, expectantly. After a moment of deliberation, she stepped closer, leaned in and pressed a gentle, cooling kiss to his cheek. Her lips barely touched the skin, and for no longer than a second, before she pulled away, her cheeks flushed. "Do you feel better now?"

20Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:55 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine gave a goofy grin feeling a cool heat on his cheek. He brought a hand up to his cheek with surprise. He hadn't honestly expected it, but the way he looked at him gave him cause to believe that perhaps she had taken him completely seriously.

"Um. Yes, quite," Celestine replied with more than a stutter. Surprise had kept him frozen when she pulled closer and now questions raced through his eyes. Suddenly, he had forgotten his slight nausea and stood up. He let the back of his hand graze her own and found himself drinking the rest of his ice water quickly. The cold had then entered his stomach but the heat had remained in his cheeks.

"Yes, well, umm, shall I leave you to your copies? Be sure to leave one in the library. I would hate to forget when to be where next...Friday, was it?"

21Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The flush over her cheeks wouldn't subside. And he seemed rather suprised too, like he'd just been joking...

Oh Gaia! What if he had just been joking, and she just...oh jeeze. She probably just embarressed herself completely. Could see pull off being cool about this?

Her flush deepened though when the back of his hand touched hers, and she blinked. Her cool hand rested aganist his lightly, like fire and ice. His hand aganist hers felt like fire, but it wasn't uncomfortable. It felt rather good actually...it wasn't very often that she made contact with other people like this. Most of the time they found her colder temperature displeasing.

She had decided to play it cool, and the blush on his cheeks told her that he was a little nervous too. She gave him a playful smile and winked. "Yeah, next Friday. And thank you Mr. Ravnos, for your help." she put emphasis on the entire sentence.

22Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:09 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Dammit, man, did you just embarass her? Celestine berrated himself, not quite sure his own feelings on the matter, and not quite in the position to discuss the situation with another. It could easily become a scandal if misinterpreted.

Oh please don't think him a bad person. He was a man afterall. She was cute. Innocent. Just down right amazing as a person from what he knew, but she was student. Well, that's what his mind had told him. His heart admitted he was a single man in his late twenties who had experienced a world he hoped she never had to. A type of protectiveness overcame him when she was around. Celestine admitted to himself that he felt the need to protect her, but why? Why her?

He still smiled and then ruffled her hair, something he felt he could do at least publicly without drawing attention. "I'll see you then, Angelique. By the way..." He put a hand on her shoulder and leant down, whispering into her ear. "I like chunky chocolate brownies." He smiled and winked before patting her shoulder to leave her to her work.

23Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Despite the cool look on her face, the smooth playfully impassive look, her heart was pounding. Literally thudding in her chest. She let out a shaky breath, a grin still plastered aganist her lips.

His ruffle of her pony-tailed hair had an eyebrow raising. Did he see her as more of a kid sister than a woman? That caused her smile to slowly fade, and her crystal eyes narrowed just a little.

But his hand aganist her shoulder, and suddenly he was very close. She looked up at him with wide eyes, her hands useless at her sides. His soft voice, mixed with the warm breath aganist her skin, it was positively intoxicating. Her blush returned tenfold. His declartion of love for chunky chocolate brownies would have made her laugh. But she was frozen, her breath caught in her throat.

And then all too soon for her liking, it was gone. The warmth, the presence of him, and the heavyness of his hand on her shoulder. She swallowed hard and turned around, back to work on her posters. It would take her hours to make all of them, but it wasn't as if there was something else for her to do now.

Last edited by Lillith on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hairstyle was wrong)

24Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine smiled back at her, finding himself soft for the young woman indeed. If she weren't a student, she might be dating material, but then, he wondered if there really were rules like that here. Was it inappropriate to date? She wasn't his student. He had no influence on grades. Still...

Celestine shook his head and closed the door to the back office so Angelique could have peace and focus on her flyerrs. This cooking club would be fun, but he still hoped. He again shook his head. He didn't want to have to ponder the possibility, but if vampires did attend...

25Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Empty Re: Copies...Copies...Copies (OPEN) Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica worked diligently, she worked through the pain in her hands and feet. The aching desire to sit and rest would not overtake her.

And after a little more than an hour, she was rewarded with 20 posters, all in color and hand made with bright colors. She had managed to find some glitter and so she'd added that where appropriate to really make it sparkle.

Unfortunately for her, the glitter had managed to find it's way to her hands, and her hands to her face. It was like herpes of the fashion world. Once you had it, it's impossible to get rid of it. With all her posters in her hand she opened the door and stepped out. "Mr. Ravnos, I'm done." she called quietly and looked around.

Where had that silly libriain gone now?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum