Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

As James entered Sláinte, his cell phone suddenly rang out loudly. Not wanting to get stares from other patrons of the coffee shop he fiddled around in his coat pocket, finally grasping the phone and managing to answer it. Other people around seemed to simply go back to their business as the first year student whispered a hushed "Hello?" into the phone.

"Jamesie!" A bright and cheerful voice screamed back from the other side. "Alice misses you but you know she'll never admit it!" The voice continued on. It was so loud that several people looked back at James who seemed slightly embarrassed and excused himself out the coffee shop the same way he had entered it.

"I've barely been here a day and you girls already miss me?" He retorted into the phone with a dash of sarcasm in his voice, "And as I recall some people couldn't wait to kick me out of the car this morning." His voice continued on snarkly.

"Ahh... Jamesie don't say that. Well anyway that's not the point, Miss Purple has a gift for you. Cuz of how the school is cell phones don't work on campus so we can't call you while you're there. She installed a doo-hikey on the phone to let me text you though. It's only off-campus we can call." The bright cheerful voice continued on. She seemed to ramble on forever....

"Alright..." James replied softly, wanting to know where this was going.

"Anyway, before you leave Sláinte - remember to check your mail from your phone!" The female voice continued on and then there was a sudden *click* and the call was cut off....

"Wait how did you know--!!" The male shouted into the phone but it was already too late. Just then, his phone beeped again, this time signalling a text-message.

[xxx - xxx - xxxx : Octane]
Oh and if you're wondering how I know where you are. Let's just say it's women's intuition. - Octane

---

"God damn it she has a tracker on me." James blurted out. While now wasn't the time to find the damned thing, he would definitely have to look for it later or she could get rather annoying rather quickly. Case in point was when James attempted for a second time to enter the coffee shop and his cell phone once again let out loud beeping noises indicating a text message.

[xxx - xxx - xxxx : Octane]
Don't forget to make friends Jamesie! And don't kill them this time like you did last time. That's just not kool
; (

And with a grave sigh James closed his phone and looked around the coffee shop hoping to finally get some peace and quiet....

2//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] Empty Coffee Dates and little surprises. Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a slight skip in her step, the week had started out great and then lured down into a slight mess as class started to interupt the thoughts of a ''coffee date'' as a teacher in Caislin Hallows, she never did get the chance to get out much. So she deiceded to walk to the coffee shop in Overton, what other way would be better than to truly appreciate every drop of the out doors than to take the half mile walk into town from the school. She spent a good half hour walking through the woods, inspecting every inch of the grounds that she could before arriving on the road once again that led to the small quaint coffee shop hidden by the soft bushels.

A grin on her face as hands reached down and flattened the wrinkles in the long burgendy dress that held her form so tightly it bared the curves of the upper body like nothing before, yet flared out along the bottom making a small rounded poof of material hide the slender legs and waist. Soft golden brown curls adjusted to curl around her face, and bounce with every step. As she came closer to the coffee shop, she stuck her head into the window, peering in at the patrons for just a moment. A few people scattered about inside the coffee house, and quickly she made her way inside, hazel golden eyes searched the coffee house for Sellar. The delightful fencing teacher she had met after he had destroyed the front entrance of the school.

Reminding herself of that moment, she pulled a piece of folded paper from her pocket, she had actually drawn the sketch of the car ramping up on the cobble stone stairs, she had always drawn in the thin taller man standing in front of the car. With a smile on her face she laid the paper on an empty desk, staring around she could see an old man with his wife, and a younger boy. Perhaps a student of Caislin Hallows fiddling with some electronic device. Aahh, the joys of being so young and born in the generation of celluar phones. With a smile on her face still, she laid the paper on the empty desk then turned to face the desk of the coffee shop.

Taking a step towards the counter she gave a slight nod of her head, ''Just a cup of tea please dear, one sugar and a slight dash of cream on top. Green tea if you have it please.'' With that she stood with her back against the counter, leaning back her arms crossing over her chest. The brown curls bouncing around her face once again as she stared into the open window , wondering if Sellar Chevalier would actually show up....

Only an innocent grin pierced across her face.

3//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] Empty One Late Racing Fan! Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 am

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Destroyed was an overstatement—he had only nicked the entrance! Knocked loose a few bits of already crumbling masonry. But, it was a woman’s right to exaggerate. How else could their gender be known so well as gossips? Regardless of the exaggeration lurking in Madame Chevok’s thoughts, the incident at the entrance was the reason that Sellar was a little… delayed in his arrival.

Of course, being new to campus, he had checked his mailbox in the office to find not one, but two envelopes stowed in the cubby. One contained a letter welcoming him to Caislin Hallows; the other, a bill for damages. While a grin spread across Sellar’s lips when he read the first, feeling welcome at the college, he was less than thrilled about the second and his expression showed. Now, he had to pay for the minor work on his car and the school’s entrance, though the administration was going to simply deduct latter from his first few paychecks.

At long last, Sellar entered the coffee house, his dark hair tossled by the wind from having to jog just to arrive five minutes late to his morning appointment… or was it a date? What did one call ‘getting coffee’ with a collegue, especially one of the opposite sex and attractive to boot? The questions fizzled in Sellar’s mind, along with all other thoughts, as he caught sight of her, dressed in a gown that displayed her upper proportions almost as aptly as nudity. For a moment, a goofy grin, not unlike that of a smitten school boy, spread across the young gentleman’s lips.

Sellar quickly corrected his countenance and approached his fellow teacher at the counter. “I’m sorry I’m late… got caught up dealing with... things,” he explained, vague as ever when a man was making up excuses. For a brief second, he wondered if she would know instantly just what ‘things’ were. Just as the day before, he was clothed in a suit, though he’d traded navy for slate—the hue matched his eyes so well, and white for ivory for his button-up shirt. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting long,” he amended with a sincere smile that practically twinkled with a Hollywood gleam.

When the cashier returned with Mary-Lynn’s order and asked for payment, Sellar cut in, “Actually, add a latte, heavy on the foam, and put them on this.” While he spoke, Sellar’s hand dove into his back pocket and fished out his wallet, a second later, as he finished speaking, he had retrieved and was presenting a credit card to the cashier. He smiled to Mary-Lynn, “My treat, for being late.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The gentle ding of the bell behind her, caught the attention that was adorning for a moments chance away from the splendid cup of tea that surfaced with an aromatic smell that made Mary-Lynn shiver with delight as she awaited the cups final grasp. That one moment she held the warmth of tea water in her hands for just the moment before the gentle voice of Sellar consumed her attention, prying from the green leafed cup that held right beneath her nose, only a smile shimmered for a mere second as she dipped her head in a soft nodding motion towards him. Taking in a deep breath of the delicious smell that would have to await, the golden brown eyes moved and touched against the familiar face of the fencing teacher that had become to basis of her newest drawing.

’’Mmm, hello there speed racer.’’ A wink of her eye before the form turned and craned for just a moment before facing the seats and booths before her. A single hand raised, waving off his words as a gentle smile covered her lips. ’’Not too long at all dear Sellar, just came in and order my cup of tea. So, so far you have excellent timing.’’ The fascist grin that held the procuring smile for only a second before the sound of gentle tap of the elongulated heels clicked against the flooring of the café, turning just slightly to beckon the man with a crook of her index finger as she moved towards a booth.

Folding the fancy fabricated dress in hand, tugging against the dress until she sat against the squishy seat of the booth. Smiling only slightly at nothing as she scooted inwards into the seat, her head tilted slightly as she looked out the big bay window for just a moment before catching a glimpse of the strange speed racer. A teacher, that’s what he introduced himself as, a finger lifted and ran like a car on a toy track moving in circles around the rim as for a moment she was lost in thought. The fancy car, the way he held himself. She would have to pin point the man as some actor coming from the Americas, probably from the so sin-filled Hollywood or even Las Vegas.

’’So.. You sure you aren’t here to take part in some sort of ‘Ireland’ Based movie?’’ That malicious grin would maneuvered across her face as she lifted the large cup of tea up to her lips, silently taking a few sips from it’s delicious warmth only to return the large cup back down to the table before her, fingers curling around it’s ceramic surface, holding the warmth tightly within her hands.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar took the wink with her greeting as being a very, very good sign. His grin broadened as a result. When the clerk handed back his card, he slipped it into the thin slot in the wallet before closing it and pocketing it again. “Good, I try, though I can’t say that I’m quite used to the time-change just yet,” he chuckled as he scribbled a signature on the receipt the cashier slid across the counter to him. Even though the pen had scratched quickly across the paper, his name was penned in perfect cursive script with the letters composed of elegant loops and curls. Lifting his head, the fencing instructor saw the beguiling and beckoning crook of Madame Chevok’s curling finger and with a smile again like a boy with a crush, he snatched up his beverage and followed her. He might as well have been a love-sick puppy the way he sauntered behind her and then settled in across from her in the booth.

“Quite sure,” he answered with a soft laugh. “While I might be quite dashing,” he said with slow blink and bow of his head to further emphasize his joking point,” I can’t act to save my life.” Instead of arrogance, his words held a playful tone, both observing and making a jest of himself in the same statement. “Though, I can’t say I wouldn’t mind getting paid the same as some of those Hollywood hotshots,” he mused as he lifted his drink to his lips and took a sip.

“Mphf,” he grunted lightly as he quickly lower it down. “Still too hot,” he murmured as his tongue slid across his lips to sooth his stinging lip. While he waited for her latte to cool a little more, he met her eyes again. When she had slipped away from the counter to find them a table, he couldn’t help but have taken a glance at her backside. The supple curves of her body were almost hidden within the folds of fabric that made up her dress. As his gaze had trailed down her body, like water trickling across her form during a shower, he smiled to see her calves faintly stretched and flexed by the tall heels she wore. While they weren’t good for fast moving, which was often important in his line of work, they looked damn good—especially on her lovely legs.

Before becoming too lost in his recollections, Sellar flashed her another smile. “What about you? Starring in any movies?”

Last edited by Sellar Chevalier on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

A single hand rose, paled from lack of kisses from the gentle sun’s rays. Reaching and curling only slightly around auburn golden strands that like a child, would bounce around the soft round curve of Chevoks face offering an innocence she could not live up to. With his words spilling out like some sort of charmer playing with snakes, it was an entrancing moment when her attention spotted against the gentleman before her. With a grin on her face she could only try to hold back the laughter that raised against softened petals of rouge.

’’A dear shame my boy… You do have the face of an actor… And the driving style of one...’’ Her smart remark, only made in jest as her tongue would inch from the corner of her lips to confirm her words were only meant as a joke and nothing more that would offend him. As the statement of money was raised, the gentle form folded arms behind the cup of tea on the table, hands gripping along the elbows as she leaned across the table only slightly to the man. In a gentle teasing whisper she would speak, ’’A Holly Wood cheque would be very nice, but then again, if it was money either of us wanted, I don’t think we’d be in the middle of nowhere Ireland.’’ A softened giggle escaped rouge tainted lips as the busty form settled once again against the soft cushion of the booth seat.

The sudden burst of light, shimmering through the open bay window caused a slight shudder in the female form as the golden brown hues slid closed and then furiously blinked as the touch of light landed against her face and forced her to squint before adjusting to the light. A soft giggle escaped her as she lifted her hand once again, this time folding it just slightly so it rested against her temple, blocking the light from her eyes as they raised once more to find that the gentleman before her, wasn’t acting so gentlemanly. Another malicious grin crossed the softened pedals as his smile caught her off guard and her head took a tilt as a gentle, flashy smile pierced across the face once again.

’’Me? Movies? Haha… Oh doll you are too kind, the only audience this face appears for is the millions of spectral entities in the night sky.’’ His humor was a nice quirk to her usual dismissive personality, which brought a giant smile to her face, hands once more collapsing around her tea cup, raising the warmth of the tea to her lips the warmth of the flavored waters in through the soft petals of rouge all the while eying up the precious form sitting across from her.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

One corner of his lips tugged out further than the other in a slight smirk at her teasing retort about his driving. The smirk grew into a full grin when she reciprocated with her agreement in regards to a Hollywood salary. A laugh tumbled from his lips as elegantly as an acrobat, “Well, I wouldn’t be so sure. I don’t know about you, but I came here to find myself a leprechaun’s pot of gold. Teaching’s just a gig to tide me over until then.”

Sellar’s eyes, an artic blue, lowered their gaze to the cup cradled in his fingers. Instead of an ivory fern fanning its fronds outward across the surface of the expresso, he saw only an amorphous white stain well beyond the distortions carrying it would have caused—he was a far way from home indeed if they didn’t even try to make latte art. It was the small things that he missed the most.

When she countered his comment about her being in showbiz, his grin softened to a gentle smile. “Almost sounds a little spooky when you put it that way,” he exhaled, meeting her gaze. “You said you were the school’s astronomy teacher, right?” As he awaited her answer, he finally lifted the decorative mug, the warm porcelain brushing his lips before he suckled a small sip of the brew. The strong taste of the espresso was shrouded in the silk-soft flavor of the milk as the mixture spilled across his tongue. It wasn’t gourmet, heck, it wasn’t even Starbucks, but it’d have to do. Not like there’s much else around, thought the fencing instructor before returning his attention from his slightly disappointing beverage to the far more appealing woman seated across from him.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Quickly a hand raised, and collapsed over pursed lips as a soft laughter escaped her, when he spoke of leprechauns. How silly it would be to actually run into a short little fellow that they would have to catch and steal the pot of gold that he held so dearly. This thought also made her laugh, because as she thought of Pot Of Gold, she thought of chocolate. A sudden craving coming over her as she quickly leaned only slightly from the table to peer over at the counter and the glass case beside it, searching for something sweet and chocolately hiding in it’s midst. ’’Mmm, Pot Of Gold…’’ Her mind and taste buds were lost on the delicious sensation of chocolate yet her eyes once again resumed on the face that sat across from her.

With a deep breath her hands returned around the ceramic cup with darling drawings of flowers covering it’s bare surface. She tilted the ceramic mug towards herself, staring into the tea as at the bottom of it sat a tea bad instead of a steel casing holding steeped tea. His face seemed to contort in a strange way as he stared at his latte, with a slight smile she couldn’t help but notice it. ’’ Sellar, are you not pleased with you Irish Latte?’’ As his gaze met her own, she turned her vision back to the tea cup tipping it so that the tea bag within it stirred and let out more flavor. Yet a simple chuckle escaped her from his comment of her audience, a simple smile cursed over lips.

Quickly she lifted the ceramic cup to her lips, taking a few short silent sips before her eyes lifted back to the gentleman before her. Shifting in spot her legs switched position which made one of her hands release from the ceramic mug and to the dress that wrapped around her legs, lifting it only slightly so that her right leg could wrap over top of the left. Quickly her eyes darted to the high heels that contorted her legs, shifting them into a more…Up right position. ’’Yes that’s right, I am the Astronomy teacher here in Caislin, If you take the east wing out and head towards the cemetery you’ll see my observatory on the top of the hill. A little spooky it might be, but in the night with nothing but the glory of the diamonds above there isn’t a better way to spend the eve of night.’’

Once again her attention pulled to his face, he seemed to disappointed in the coffee before him so her lips parted in a gentle sigh before lifting a hand to brush back the soft locks of hair that surrounded her face. ’’I don’t know if I should be telling you this, but I make a delicious Caramel Latte… If you would like to try one evening.’’ A soft of slight smile came over her lips before lifting the tea cup back to her lips, sipping at the watered down taste of green tea.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar detected a longing desire in his companion, but he had no idea what she sought to see in the glass display case atop the counter. When her gaze returned to him, he gave her another smile, hoping that would suffice for the moment since it seemed she had not found her treat. Caught off guard by her question that probed into his displeasure, he fumbled over the first few words of his answer: “Uh, um, no, well… It just shows how far I am from home, y’know? It’s good enough, I suppose, but it’s not what I’m used to back in California." Sellar lifted his shoulders in a light shrug, the fabric of his suit jacket resettling across them. "Anyway, the Irish are known more for their beer and whiskey than their coffee, I believe," he chuckled.

He heard the soft rustling of fabric beneath the table after her hand drifted below its edge. He could only imagine her shifting her long legs beneath the skirt of her dress, one high heel dangling as she kept it aloft. She really wouldn’t be that out of place in a movie as the sweet school teacher, he thought. Despite his briefly wandering thoughts, he kept his eyes on hers. “Yes, I suppose your right. Very little light pollution out this way.” He chuckled, “Very little light, period, for that matter.”

Her offer came as a slight surprise to Sellar but after a moment he cracked a grin. “I’d be delighted to, Mary-Lynn. I am sure that you make a wonderful Caramel Latte.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

His smile only made her head shake, but only slightly as a soft sigh escaped her lips. A nod of her head would agree with him on the subject of being away from home and used to the delicates of the homeland. ’’Yes well… Not all of us were pampered with the California sun.’’ Her tease would only cause the slender tongue to dart from lips once more in a soft gesture towards him before she leaned forwards only to look into the latte cup. ’’Hmm… That is such a sad little coffee… Perhaps some Irish Cream whiskey would have perked it right up. Haha.’’ Her head would only shake once more as she leaned back and placed herself back into the squishy seat of the booth once more.

Her fingers lifted, and tugged at the piece of paper that held the end of the string that held the tea bag in her cup. A soft sigh as she tugged the shamble of a tea bag from the hot water, then letting it drop back into its browning depths. ’’It is quite beautiful at night there, with the lack of pollution and lack of any major lights, you can see the entire night sky like it was on television.’’ Her voice faded, and a simple shyness over came the woman as she thought of her last class, how abruptly it had ended without even teaching the group of the small Dwarf Star. How she loved to go on and on about the night sky and its many wonders yet it seemed at last no one shared her love.

A surprise, not really, as she had come to this school on a whim and there had been nothing else but a simple sadness that overcame the woman. With a soft sigh, her attention resumed upon the form before, dressed to impressed it seemed and a smile to rival even the most dazzling of stars. ’’Well, I would be honored if you’d bless me with your company once again to give you a Latte that may do a better job of making you less homesick than this sad little thing.’’ With that said she would flash him a gentle smile before playing with her tea bag once again, this time pulling it out of the cup and taking a few more sips from her tea cup.

11//Closed//A judge, a white rabbit and a racing fan walk into a coffee shop [OPEN] Empty Borrowing from Drake Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

He chuckled as he listened to her. “I don’t know if ‘Irishing’ up my Irish latte would really help it at this point.” Sellar lifted his mug and took another sip from its contents after she had inspected it. Her movements, as she settled back in the booth again, the cushion giving a sigh not unlike the one that had parted her lips moments before, caught his eye again and he looked up from his brew.

“ ‘It’s so beautiful it almost looks fake’?” he teased, quoting a not-so-famous poet as he grinned to her. “Isn’t it kind of funny that when we’re presented with something so pure, so beautiful, we instantly compare it television or the movies?” The twinkle of his teeth nearly matched the sparkle in his eye as he admired the woman in front of him. Sadly, he realized that their little scene was probably falling short of cinema quality, their banter not quite what you’d expect to see on the big screen. Where was the script when you needed a punch-line or a pick-up line or heck, any kind of line to keep from descending into an awkward silence between two near-strangers?

Sellar smiled to her as she resumed the subject of making him a latte. It was the sweet offer one might expect in a romantic comedy—and wasn’t that the lifestyle he longed to live? Care free and in love, drifting through life with a woman on his arm. Then again, there was always the thrill of a good action scene, pitting his wits and steel against a worthy rival. “Well, we’ll just have to set up a time to do it then.” He paused, glancing to the counter with its assortment of baked goods displayed behind the glass. “If I lie about baking some treats to go with the lattes, would you believe me?” he mused, his voice tinkling with a soft ring of laughter.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

’’Well, it’s always worth a try when the sun begins to set…’’ With a gentle laughter escaping her, the form shifted only slightly in the seat as his grin caught her off guard slightly. Golden brown hues watched the face of the young man before giving off a bit of a grin off her face. The palm of her hand raised up and moved beneath her chin holding it in place for just a moment before her head gave her a gentle shake to his comment. ’’When presented with beautiful pure things, it only seems natural to compare it to television or the movies because that is when things seem most uhm..What is the word you use… Unattainable?’’

So strange sitting in the company of a man from California, and her English was falling apart as she tried to speak to him. Her eyes moved back to the tea cup before her, her free hand moving and picking up the tag on the end of the tea bag and lifted it out of the cup and onto a napkin that sat beside the cup. Then went ahead and took a long sip from the cooling mixture of green tea and sugar. Sellar’s smile flashed against her, and this time it sent a slight blush to cover the tops of her cheeks. From the bay window looking in, it must have been quite a scene the two of them were making. Not only strange looking on their own, and foreigners to this area of the land.

The blush tainted her cheeks for a few moments before starting to face once again, a smile piercing across her lips just for Sellar. ’’Tell you what… If you lie about baking some treats, I’ll make sure to believe you as long as it’s good.’’Her smile gave off a soft vibration of kindness and tease.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

“I suppose that means you’re into women,” he suggested with a light chuckle, trying to playfully rationalize why the beauty seated across from him was unattainable. The fencing instructor, a native from California with its more liberal lifestyles, hoped that she wouldn’t find the comment insulting. The last thing he wanted to do was to upset Mary-Lynn and hurt his chances with her. They were already talking about a second date, it seemed, and he hadn’t even been at Caislin Hallows for twenty-four hours.

Another soft laugh tumbled from his lips, filtered through his smile. “Whether the lie or the treats are good? Or both?” In a bold gesture, Sellar reached across the table with one hand, the ivory ring of his shirt peeking out from beneath the sleeve of his navy-hued jacket. His palm faced upward, like a child’s hoping for a treat, and the twinkle of his eye, the flash of his grin, showed that he was hoping for a treat, thought no sweet or chocolate, simply the delight of contact. His long fingers stretched outward over the polished mahogany of the table, waiting to snap around her hand like a gentle snare. “I’ll certainly try my hardest to make sure they’re both good.”

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Sellar made the smile curve gently across her lips, like some sort snake she had found her way into being a softer side of herself with the help of this man. Still, his comment needed repercussion, so she gasped not loud enough to disturb the coffee shop, but loud enough to make Sellar think she was serious. A hand lifted and collapsed against her lips as she sat in fake shock looking at the man across from her. ’’Into women?! Oh my Sellar aren’t you just a devilish smile hiding behind a sweet disposition?’’ Quickly her tongue stuck out at the corner of her lips before moving only slightly in her seat and allowing a soft sigh to escape thin lips.

His laughter only made the smile upon her lips return and grow with soft intent as she returned one hand to lifting her tea cup and finishing the tea off returning it back onto the little saucer that it had been sitting on. With the same smile stilled on her face it only took a moment to watch his movements. From the way his grin flashed at her, it was a sign he was up to no good once again. Yet the touch of skin was a treat not yet tasted as his hand lain stretched out over the table, threatening to snap her hand into a hold faster than she could blink.

With a soft smile covering a giggle that tried to make its way out, her hand lifted and just the pointer finger raised and fell against the palm of his hand gently poking at the center of the palm. ’’Try shall you? It makes things bittersweet, and a lot more fun as dangerous as it may be…’’ The smile on her lips never faded, as she softly pressed fingertips into the palm of his hand.

Sellar Chevalier

Sellar Chevalier
No Rank
No Rank

Had Sellar not known better, he might have thought himself a talented snake charmer the way a smile slithered and danced across Mary-Lynn’s lips. Her playful, shocked expression brought a grin to his own again. “Yes, well, can’t be all sugar,” he teased, his tongue darting out a second.

When Sellar stretched his hand across the table, fingers laid open like the teeth of a trap, he waited. Like a mouse stepping on a bear trap, the touch of a single fingertip wasn’t enough to trigger it. It wasn’t until after she’d lowered multiple fingers into the snare that his fingers snapped shut around them, catching them if she didn’t move them first. If he had them, he held her fingers tightly but gently. “Can’t have much fun if you don’t take risks now and then.”

Unfortunately, seconds after he’d caught her hand, a gentle buzz and beep interrupted the possibly tender moment. Sellar’s head drooped along with his smile, “Seems I should be going if I want to make it back in time for my class.” Sellar released her hand, if he had it, and drew his own back. The instructor lifted his mug and drained the rest of its contents in a long swig, before setting it back down again. “Well, let me know what evenings you’re free and we’ll meet up again, alright? My number is,” said Sellar, providing her with the digits before the phone in his pocket chirped again. “Must be off! Bye for now, Mary-Lynn.” Sellar raced out of the coffee shop.
[Exits]

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a soft sigh she only shook her head a bit before letting her fingers become caught by his grasp. ’’Well, not everything can be candy but what is should perhaps be slightly sweeter.’’ With that said, she watched her fingers dance in the palm of his hand slightly before they were snatched into a grasp. Her eyes only opened in slight surprise from the sudden judgment of the man as she squirmed her fingers in his grasp. ’’Risks are all well and –‘’

Just as she started to speak the beeping on his phone caught her attention, with one last gentle squeeze against his grasp she watched as he hurried himself to get up and out. She lifted a hand and waved towards him ’’See you…’’ She watched as he hurried out the door with a soft sigh escaping her. ’’Next time..’’ Quickly she gathered herself together, then took his lead out of the café shop

[exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum