Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Nature Empathy, Day 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nature Empathy, Day 1

+2
Angelica
Neihem Steelwynd
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Nature Empathy, Day 1 Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

Drifting through the ever-present green mists, Neihem's consciousness tapped into the entire garden. The walls impeded him from reaching further, but then, he had not often traveled that far from his sleeping body. A distant thud and the mists wavered.

His eyes slowly opened just before the small gryphon pecked him on the forehead again. He shoved the creature off of his pallet and dragged himself up. He couldn't quite recall his dream, but it had something to do with the castle and fire. Perhaps later he would consult one of the other teachers. Surely there was a dreamwalker or some such within these walls. He shook off the remnants of the dream and stepped out, making his way to the greenhouse. He wondered at his presumptuousness in seeking this position. Was he a coward for wanting to make peace between satyrs and humans? Couldn't the satyrs reenter their rightful place, coexisting rather than being exiled to the deep wilds? Would that make him a hero or vilify him in his people's eyes?

The gryphon walking at his side purred and rubbed against his leg. "Yes, my friend. I am too worried about this. What will happen, shall. Time for class." The mirthful twinkle had returned to his eyes, unfurrowing his brow as he approached the silly glass building.

2Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:32 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica twisted the map around. She was lost...again. She let out a soft groan of frustration. She wanted to be early for this class, wanted to make sure that she was one of the first people there. Science had always interested her, but this was more than science, this was beast handling too. Again, she twisted the map around and glanced around. This part of the castle didn't seem to be on the map. She frowned and folded the map up and put it back in her pocket. She'd need a new one before too much longer.

Perhaps the trick in this case, was to allow nature to lead her. She glanced around again. There didn't seem to be anyone here to laugh at her if this failed horribly, so it couldn't hurt to try. After another quick glance around, she held out her staff and closed her eyes. A few deep breaths for a light meditation, and she was walking. Her feet moved on their own accord, and nature wrapped it's limbs around her heart and she followed that. She could feel the ice in her blood, the cloudy sky above, and the hard earth beneath her. A left here, a right there, it seemed to go on for what felt like forever, wandering aimlessly.

It was only when she felt the cool spirits of nature leave her that she opened her eyes. She smiled with joy when saw the greenhouse, a fairly large building with glass windows, filled with benches and dirt. She shifted again and moved to open the door.

She stopped though, her human ears picked up on the sound of purring, and the faint noise of someone moving up the path. Another student perhaps? Or had Poe managed to find his way from the Library to here? Mr. Ravnos would be worried if Poe had managed to get this far away from the library. She stood by the door, waiting. If it was Poe, she would take him back to Mr. Ravnos, if it was something else...well...she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

3Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Shadows wavered, danced just out of her reach as sunlight played across silken tresses, greedily reaching for what flesh she had exposed. Kalika hissed, the sound akin to a cold drop of water against red hot iron, and diverted her steps. Dodging beneath the scarce shade of the trees and clouds she was at the mercy of the daylight hours. At least inside the school building she had the convenience of curtains. Warmth battered at her glamour, rays of light piercing through the remainder of her magic like a child ripping the wings off a bug.

The monster of her nature was quiet, slumbering like she should have been. Digits curled in the binding shadows of her pockets as she slunk around the corner. The image of a wary feline her eyes remained ever vigilant, any sign of movement caused a snap of her attention. Her mind was held together by ever-weakening threads of sanity and this was perhaps one of the worst ideas possible. A pull of invisible strings and the magic layered over her skin again, broken pieces atop broken pieces. Patchwork to her and yet seamless to the naked eye.

Healthy flesh, long dark hair and brilliant eyes like embers. Lush lips held the slightest hue of pink, white flashing as her teeth toyed over the flesh. Glamour. Her best and worst trick. It hid who she was, what she was, from all but the most power and cunning. Anyone else who found out, without her consent in the matter at least, ran the risk of being her newfound toy. In truth, Kalika found amusement in most of the students at Caislin, the ones she had met at least. Some with their sharp wit, others with their need of knowledge and still she had yet to see everyone.

Lazy stance suddenly rolled with tension, muscled coiling with power as she turned the corner. Curved top of the greenhouse came into view a moment before the other student did. Odd that they would be meeting this way, then again Kalika had been the one to hand over the assignment card. She gave her glamour a final check and mental nod of approval, about to step out before her sense went reeling again. Pulling back just a touch she tilted her head, listening to the faint hum of…. Purring? Brows arched ever so slightly as she glanced down another path, since she herself hadn’t quiet followed the normal route.

Lips parted as she inhaled… yet the only scent she could pick up was nature. Kalika wasn’t one with greenery on any level aside from knowing which plants did the most damage poison wise. Other than that she would have rather stabbed herself than willingly walk into the greenhouse… in the daylight. When it would be nice and hot with a whole helping side of sunny. Words slithered beneath her breath, muttered curses as she pealed away from the tiny bit of shade. Standing near the building and looking as relaxed as could be. One hand parted from the comfort of her pocket to curl her fingers in a slight greeting towards Angelica as she waited for the stranger to show. Her first glimpse at the satyr teacher.

4Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

As the trees and underbrush started to become more scarce and Neihem could see the glimmer of sunlight off of the glass of the greenhouse, Ashuur's pointed ears perked up, and silent as a shadow, he shot off to into the brush. "Trying for a sneak attack?" Neihem called after the beast. Something between an exasperated sigh and a chuckle escaped his throat.

He broke out of the forest and into the clearing in which the greenhouse rested. He was not surprised in the least to see the two students standing before him, a short distance between them. He had felt the presence of the elemental before making it to the clearing. The other one felt... somehow wrong. She looked as though she was in slight pain. Neihem stretched out his senses and perused the new acquaintance. "Dear me, have I arrived late for my first class, or are you two so eager to learn that you've come early?" he said with a wide grin. He sometimes wished everything he said did not come out as though he were making a joke. Clearly the elemental girl was nervous about being here, and the other one was agitated. He directed his attention to the elemental first. "You I've met already, but I don't believe we've been properly introduced. I am Neihem Steelwynd. You'll soon find that I'm not much of a stickler for formalities, so there is no need for any 'Professor Steelwynd' nonsense in this class." He then turned toward the other creature. "Is something amiss, my dear? May I be of assistance?" He propped his staff against the side of the building and made a short bow to the two.

5Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The idea of someone behind her in this maze of green gave her a prickly feeling on the back of her neck. But clearly this woman was not an enemy, for if she was she would have attacked already. Angelica clearly had to work on her awareness skills before she attempted any sort of battle.

She shifted slightly and smiled over at the woman that she recognized from the registration office. She gave a sweet smile and waved a silent hello, her crystal eyes taking the woman in. She was truly beautiful. Others would call her plain, but to Angelica, she radiated confidence that seemed beyond her apparent years. But, there were a lot of creatures here that Angelica had never encountered before, so she could be wrong about the age...

When the Professor came into view, her smile widened. She knew she was going to like this class. This man, well Satyr, made her feel at ease, a calm settled over her that was unlike anything she'd ever felt, besides meditation. She smiled and nodded to his acknowledgement. Of course he wasn't late, Professors were never late, students were simply early, no matter what the projected time the class was supposed to start.

"Mr. Steelwynd, I'm Angelica. It's a pleasure to be formally introduced to you." she told him softly, her voice soft and calm. She watched as he addressed the woman next to her, and she took another moment to admire the woman. Perhaps she should get some fashion advice from the woman? She quickly dismissed the thought. She didn't think that she'd be able to pull off such a look without the air of confidence this woman held about her.

She waited though, quietly. Idly, she wondered how warm it would be inside the greenhouse...she hoped the temperature wouldn't get over 80 degrees...if it was, she'd have to leave and go to the nurses office, or perhaps she could just find a cold stream...but she hadn't encountered one yet, and if she was struck with heat sickness, that's the only thing that would help at such short notice.

6Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

It has been a while since coming to class. The last class that he went to is Survival Class and it was pretty fun, but the class is no longer taught. Too bad, Logan would’ve enjoyed it. He received a notice that his class has changed to Nature Empathy. Logan has never been a nature lover because he’s never knows what nature actually is. All he learns was the three basic arithmetic’s studies: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. Nature is just one of those subjects that are rather new to the silent person such as him, but he’s willing and able to learn on the new subject. Hands sagging down inside his pants pocket while the sound of the broken chains seems to muffle the sound from inside.

He always carries his notepad with pen inside there as well for communication since he’s a mute after all, and a Combat Knife strapped along his left ankle for protection. He wears his casual wear: orange short-sleeve shirt with black leather jacket hugging his almost fit physique. Blue jeans hanging down to his ankles with black leather belt around his waist to hold up his pants. Black socks and black leather boots on both of his feet, making the sounds of a soft thud as it meet against the soft grass. Logan wanders to find the place where class is taken place while seeing the flora and fauna. He makes a short stop only to close those cold teal eyes of his to take a deep breath from his lungs and exhales softly. He opens those eyes while slowly gazing all around, feeling as if he is getting lost.

Since this is, indeed, felt like a maze inside the forest. He heard a sound, faint yet almost as clear as crystal. A purring sound, but where the source of that sound or it is just his imagination? Then, he sees a greenhouse from the distance as well as three figures. Maybe the sound is coming from there. Casually, he slowly moves on over to the clearing with the greenhouse with hands still sagging inside the pants pockets. Those teal colored hues sees Kalika first. A strange place to find her here, though she’s as alluring as it seems. Logan has seen her from Formalities Class, from inside the Nurse’s Office and right to the tavern where Logan experiences how to be a drunkard person chasing an imaginary fairy.

Still, it was nice to see her once more, so Logan gives Kalika a light nod as a simple greeting. Those hues gaze over to the other two that are newcomers, ones that he has never seen before. His gaze moves over to the woman first to give a once over. The white hair and that captivating crystal eyes, there’s something strange coming from her. Quickly, he’ll look away from her to not get caught staring. The gaze goes to the satyr, who’s the professor here. He has never seen a satyr before in all of his life. Logan would gaze over to the professor before looking at the two before him. Luckily, he has his notepad with the pen for taking notes and communication.

http://roleplay-chars.webs.com/logansevillemacconnell.htm

7Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She shifted quietly, leaning aganist her staff slightly. While it wasn't overly sunny or warm, her legs suddenly felt so tired, and her brain felt...numb. It had to be all that walking catching up to her, coupled with the lack of sleep. That's why she felt so tired all of a sudden. Her brain had been going non-stop since she got here, and she realized now that she had no one to blame but herself for not slowing down for a minute and giving herself the time to take it all in.

She shifted again, starting only a bit when she noticed another newcomer. She hadn't seen this man before, and she quickly wiped the suprised look off her face to give him a sweet, friendly smile. He was so quiet. She gave him a quick once over, and stopped at his notebook and pen. Should she have brought something to write on?

Quickly she stole a glance at Kalika Kali Ma, the woman from the registration office. She didn't have a pen and paper with her. Curiously she looked back over at the male with her crystal eyes. Why was he carrying the paper and pen? Perhaps he was the type of person who liked to document things, or maybe he had his own reasons. Her brain screamed for her to stop thinking abou it. Everyone had their own reasons for what they carried with them at all times, and Angelica was in no shape, way, or form the type of person to judge someone by that. Besides, what did he think of the freaky girl with white hair and crystal colored eyes?

She turned her head back to look at Mr. Steelwynd again, a pale blush over her cheeks. Would he have caught her looking at him? Mother Gaia she hoped not.

8Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Sun May 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Kalika was many things though plain had never been a word to describe her, at least not when put so much effort into her glamour. Chameleon effect came into play only when she really wanted to blend in, to be just another passing stranger. Then again, when she went for such measure it wasn’t usually for the good of the people. More often than not she was akin to a dragon in both nature and appearance. Rightfully showy and stunning, beauty masked only by the sheer knowledge that chaos was at her fingertips.

Subtle rumble sounded in the back of her mind, shifting her attention towards the approaching professor. Demeanor changed with his sudden appearance, shoulders taking a noted duel edge of relaxation and tension. Showing she was at ease with his presence though still on guard. The sun may have been hammering down on her defenses but Kalika wasn’t about to show how much it really bothered her. By force of will she bowed her head to him,
“Hello Sir Steelwynd, I’m Kalika Ma and I do appreciate your concern but I am fine.” Her sirens voice rang hollow, words edged together in a mockery of their former charm.

Muscles of her jaw tensed, a snarl threatening to break through her mask. Not at the two before her but at herself… To allow her body to become so starved and drained was unthinkable. Iron ran everywhere in this mortal realm and for once in a long time she longed for the comfort of home. Her actual Unseelie Sithen. Where screams were lullabies and blood painted the marble in various stages of red… Then again it wasn’t her cruel world she wanted, just the darkness. The power that came with a feast of fear and the comfort of shadows enveloping her frame.

Playing human was more of a challenge than she had bargained for and Kalika wasn’t at all sure why she was keeping it up.

Senses spiked, power slithering through her veins as she took notice of another. Eyes of ember held the faintest lines of silver through them, tiny specks hardly noticeable unless one was close enough, they locked onto the vaguely familiar shape. Tension eased only when she finally recognized who it was though it took her a moment longer to remember his name. She had heard it once in formalities she believed, another time in the infirmary and yet the words were never uttered by the boy. He was…different. Kalika could tell that much and for now he was a distraction. Lips curled in a soft smile as she returned his greeting, studying him for a minute or two before she forced her attention back to the professor.

Kalika allowed herself a second look at the man, taking in his appearance. Both in the style he chose and his actual form. She didn’t find him strange, considering the monsters of where she came from, though he managed to intrigue her. Never before had she spent any extended time around a satyr, then again Kalika’s only social outings usually went one of two ways or collided in the middle.

Arms crossed beneath her chest she waited for either everyone to finish off their greetings or for the professor to begin class.

9Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Thu May 05, 2011 3:08 am

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

"I see," he said, the corners of his eyes crinkling in a smile that he tried to keep from his lips. "I thought we had one more on the roster, but perhaps we should begin. I thought it would make you more comfortable to be at the greenhouse, but Miss Angelica looks about as comfortable about that as I am. Which is to say, not at all." This time the grin did form on his mouth and he winked a black eye at the elemental girl.

"If no one is opposed, perhaps we could retreat into the shade of the trees? These old eyes have an aversion to bright light. We shall stay close enough to hear if our other friend joins us." He retrieved his staff and moved into the trees, back the way from which he had come. He settled cross-legged, leaning against a large tree, staff laid across his knees; the same pose he had assumed in that strange dream.

He pulled the wooden flask out and took a pull, savoring the moment in the shade as he waited for the students to settle into comfortable spots. "If the spirits favor us, we shall be spending some time together, so perhaps we should know more than each other's names. If you'd grace an old man with your stories, or perhaps what you would hope to glean from my knowledge of the Great Mother?" His gaze shifted to the young man holding the notebook. "Why not start with our newcomer? I don't believe you've given your name yet."

10Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon May 09, 2011 2:02 am

Logan MacConnell

Logan MacConnell
Bronze
Bronze

Those cold teal hues looks at both of the women in this class. To think that he’s the only person that cannot speak because he’s a mute. His gaze goes to the woman with white hair and crystal blue eyes. Logan sees that sweet friendly smile on her face as Logan just remains the same. His face remains the same, not a smile or even a grin to show. Behind those eyes is a darkness that lies within this troubled soul. Those cold teal eyes carefully give a once over. She’s different because of the hair that is white as snow and her eyes are almost a pair of sapphire. She’s trying to be nice, even though he doesn’t know much about her at all. He closes both of his eyes only to let out a soft exhale before turning his attention to Kalika for a few moments only to see that soft smile on her face.

He took a deep breath and exhales softly. Maybe it just one of those days, but he’s glad that he’s class in this outing. His attention turns the satyr once more hearing him speak that saying here would be appropriate choice instead of going to the greenhouse. Logan makes a light nod in his head as those cold teal eyes gaze around for an appropriate shade, a place for him to settle down while class continues on. Those eyes gaze right at the tree that has the right shading for a guy such as him. Casually, he moves to that appropriate spot before he sits himself down, Indian’s style. This spot is close enough to be with the group and all. His notebook and pen rests against his lap while he just waits for the rest to settle down.

Those eyes goes over to the professor, hearing him speaking about names and the knowledge of the Great Mother. When the professor’s attention goes to Logan about given his name. That’s when the notebook comes in. He can’t speak at all and he uses the notepad or notebook to use the speaking for him. That, and he can use Sign Language or Morse Code. For now, he’ll use the notebook and pen. For him, forming words with his voice would have no meaning. Slowly, he begins to stand up from his spot as he begins to open the notebook to a open clean page. He slides the pen from the spiral part of the notebook and clicks the pen on. He begins to write a message on his notebook. Once he was done, he clicks the pen and moves close to Kalika.

Once Logan is basically close enough, he’d show her the message that he has written. ~My name is Logan and I…cannot speak because I’m a mute. I’ve lost the ability to speak during an accident. Anyway, its nice to meet you.~ Once Kalika has seen the message, he'll go to the next person, the one with the white hair and crystalline eyes, next to show her the message. After that, he'll go to the satyr to basically show him the same message. Once they have all seen the message, he'll close the notebook and goes back to his spot on the shade and sits down indian's style while waiting for the next part of class.

http://roleplay-chars.webs.com/logansevillemacconnell.htm

11Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Crystalline eyes would shift from Kalika to the Satyr, her smile unchanging. The difference between student and professor was a little more than noticeable, very much like the differences between student and professor at any other university. Although, Angelica was sure that other students at other university's didn't have a Satyr teaching them.

As far as Angelica knew the Satyrs was a very rare creature. She'd never seen one before she came here, and she liked what she saw. Perhaps she should go seek out other Satyrs and learn a little more about them, if the Professor couldn't provide all the information she desired. Or she could ask Mr. Ravnos if he had a library book about them...that might work too. And it might be less dangerous than going into the wild to look for them.

When Professor Steelwynd had declared that they might stay here a while and out of the greenhouse, she couldn't have been happier to oblige. Lightly she moved over to the shade he referred to and sat down, her staff placed neatly at her side, her legs also folded.

Having heard the Professor ask for introductions, asking to start with the strange boy with teal eyes, she perked up a little. She wanted to know all the students here, that of course, was partially impossible, but it was still a desire she had. To meet so many new people, and not worry about being made fun or being laughed at. Who wouldn't be excited at the possibilities?

When he didn't speak, she just listened more closely. Perhaps he was a monk who'd taken a vow of silence? She kept her too excited smile and looked down at the notebook he held in front of her. She read the words carefully and looked up at him. It was sad that he'd lost his voice, but he seemed well adapted. She nodded at him to let him know she understood and waited for her turn.

12Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon May 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

'I cant believe i'm late for my first class' I though as i hurried through the maze, my black trenchcoat billowing behind me, showing in plain view my black leather pants, black leather vest, and dagger at my hip. My golden cross bouncing wildly around my neck, and my ponytail flying behind. I had long since taken my bookbag off my shoulder and carried it. This was not a good way to start a new school.

Coming around a bend, i finally see the greenhouse in sight. i slow down to a walk and finally reach my first class. Looking around, i see four others sitting in the shade of a nearby tree.
"So sorry i'm late. I got lost." I apologized as i took in the others. There was Angelica of course, who i smiled at as i sat beside her. I was glad that there was at least one person here i knew. Then i took in the others. Kalika was beautiful woman, though there was something about her that sent off warnings inside my head. She was using some kind of glamour, of that i was sure. The other was a silent guy with teal eyes, and a nice leather jacket. He was holding a notepad, showing it to everybody. How peculiar!

Then my eyes fell on the Satyr, who was obviously the teacher of this class. I knew i was gonna like this class cause i was raised in the forests of the US. I had never been comfortable in the city settings. I was still conscious about the scar over my left eye, but i had decided to pull my hair back. If they wanted to stare, let them.

Last edited by Jarrik Grey on Mon May 09, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added my scar into the post)

13Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon May 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

The familiar link between himself and the gryphon brought news of the late arrival. The mischievous creature must have been keeping watch out of view. He smiled at the antics of the small lion-bird as he watched the students pass around the teal-eyed boy's notebook. He surmised what the message might say from the dour expression on the boy's face, but he eyed the notebook a bit nervously as it came his direction.

"Ah, no apologies need be made for tardiness in this class, my friend," he spoke merrily to the latecomer. "After all, doesn't the Great Mother herself do everything in her own time? You shall find no rebuke for punctuality nor absenteeism here, although I hope that each of you will want to come back." He grinned a wide mirthful grin and motioned for the new arrival to take a seat. "Before everyone else commences their introductions, allow me to shame myself for a moment." He waved the notebook in front of him. "I'm afraid I haven't been in human or near-human company long enough to learn your written language, though I hope to remedy that soon. Would one of you be so kind as to read me what this says?" He took another draught from his flask and passed the notebook back.

14Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica shifted a little, looking at Jarrik. She returned his smile and scooted over a little so he could sit beside her. Somehow, she'd known he would. Maybe it was the feeling of familiarity between them? He'd known her years ago...well, not known, but he'd met and seen her before the transformation had happened. Quietly she leaned back while the rest of the class took in the message written in Logans notebook.

It puzzled her slightly that the Satyr didn't seem very keen on reading his students words, written on the paper. But his explaination made everything clear. He hadn't learned to read or write the human language. She almost laughed but stopped herself, it would be rude to laugh at someone for something as silly as that. "He cannot vocalize his words, the paper says his name is Logan. He lost his voice in an accident, so he's a mute. He also says that it's nice to meet you."

She tilted her head to look over at Logan, and a friendly smile flashed over her pale lips. She didn't quite understand, because she'd never lost her voice in the same way that he had, but she hoped he would accept whatever help she could provide him with during the class. Or perhaps he preferred if Kalika was his 'voice'. She'd probably known him longer anyway.

She smiled up at the Professor and then folded her hands in her lap, hoping she didn't just embarress herself in front of her classmates.

15Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Tue May 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Digits slid against temples, doing their best to fend off the impending headache. She glanced from the small group to the sky and nearly cursed. Sunlight broke apart the glamour around her eyes, turning amber to a foreign blend of copper and silver. Hopefully beneath the shade of the tree no one would take notice of the change, if only Kalika believed in luck and lay with lady fate.

Stride was bereft of its normal grace, her form more or less slinking forward to the scarce comfort of the shade. She eyed the others, watching as they picked out their spots before she finally settled. The satyr teacher was kept to her left, the students slightly to her right with her back against a tree. If anything her pose alone hinted at the distrust to leave herself unguarded. Not that such a thing was a problem; her dagger was strapped to her thigh, hidden by glamour. Straightening out her shirt she settled in a somewhat relaxed state, arms loosely crossed beneath her chest. Nails tapped against the flesh and muscle over her ribs, idly ticking by the time as she waited for the others to start.

Her attention snapped towards Logan at the click of his pen, quickly scanning the writing before she gave a light nod of her head. Curiosity suddenly sated she continued to watch the boy through a veil of dark lashes. His demeanor made much more sense now that she knew, his slightly antisocial way of being. His broken interactions and that fact that she hadn’t seen the boy smile. Any other creature might make it a goal to be extra nice to him, anyone else might want to see him light up with life. Kalika just wanted to know what happened and feed off any turbulent emotions she could. Kind of like running nails over a wound to make it bleed just one more time…

Per usual her inner musings were ruined. Subtle shift of the monster beneath her flesh and she tilted her head, keen ears straining until she finally heard it. The muted thump of feet against the earth, the race of a heart… It reminded her of fear and suddenly she longed for a little violence. Disappointed that such was not in the immediate future she looked to the new boy, delicate brow arching. She remembered him from registration though his manners seemed to have greatly improved since then. At least he seemed to acknowledge everyone and apologize for interrupting…not that there was anything to interrupt.

Focus found its target in the satyr once more, taking in how he grasped the notebook. Problem solved a moment later when he admitted to being unable to read it, which wasn’t as troublesome a thing as she thought. She debated on reaching for the notepad, saved when Angelica jumped ahead and explained. One introduction down…just four more to go. She eyed the professors flask, wondering just how strong a brew he carried and debating on whether or not getting tipsy during class was acceptable. For her, not him.

16Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

Neihem noted Kalika eyeing his flask and hastily tucked it away, a little more than slightly embarrassed. He quickly turned to Angelica. "Thank you, child. Logan, it seems you and I shall have a fun time communicating. As it would be near impossible for you to learn the written language of the satyr, I shall have to devote myself to learning yours a little more quickly than I had imagined." He smiled at the boy in an attempt to ease his obvious discomfort. Were all the students at this school so uneasy? Being a non-human, Neihem had learned long ago to cope with his lot in life as an outcast. He would have to keep in mind that these had not lived nearly as long as he had, and try to ease their suffering.

"Let us continue with our introductions so that we may begin." His eyes locked on the young lady he met in the office on his first day. "Angelica, you don't you tell us a little about yourself?"

17Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:52 am

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica listened again, looking up at the Satyr and then back to Logan. No one seemed to mind that she'd spoken up for him, but she hadn't yet been able to judge his reaction. The Satyr's promise to learn the human language soon though gave her a strange sense of hope. It would be hard for him to deviate from his known written language, and learn to read and write their own language. Perhaps Mr. Ravnos' had a book for him, in the library that could help. She'd go browse after class, as long as the Satyr didn't mind her attempt to help.

After a moment she stretched and leaned back against the large tree. She suddenly felt a little lazy, and a little sleepy. All that lack of sleep was setting in. She'd make an attempt tonight to get to bed at a reasonable hour, instead of working on research or studying for her classes. In all reality though, she'd been able to find very little about Satyrs or beast-handling.

When he called upon her though, to make her own introduction she wrinkled her nose, and her mind went totally blank. What should she tell them? But it was clear enough, right? She should just tell them the truth. No in-depth cover story needed.

She sat up a little straighter and smiled, her crystal eyes looking to each student. "My name is Angelica, I'm an Elemental. I work mostly with ice, but I can do a few water tricks too..." she pressed her hands together, and concentrated for just a moment, before producing a ball of ice that was very roughly cut into the shape of a flower bud. After a moment, she held it up and pulled down on the bottom of the ice bud to create a stem, complete with one simple leaf. "Like this." she held it up for everyone to see before offering it to the Satyr.

18Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

The satyr could not contain his innate mirth at the sight of the frozen gift. His black eyes twinkled and he gave a jolly laugh as he accepted the ice flower. "Simply beautiful," he crooned as he turned the flower around between his fingers, admiring the work. "Such talents as these, it saddens my heart to see that the rest of the world considers us outcasts. You are not the first Elemental I've come across, but the first I've seen that works with ice. I am honored to have you here."

The crystalline flower still in hand, he turned to the strange young woman who seemed to be battling within herself. His empathy with the living things around him tingled when she was near. He desired to know more about her, as she was clearly more than she let on. "Kalika, will you grace us with an introduction, my dear?"

19Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Kalika could feel the pieces of her glamour begin to slip, like a mask that just wasn’t quite in place anymore. She knew there was only so much power she could pour into the illusion before it gave out. Darkness spotted her vision as she turned her attention towards Angelica, trying to give the girl a respectful amount of attention.

At the girls trick, Kalika softly smiled. There was certainly more to everyone than met the eye. Shoulders rolled, trying to ease the tension along her back before she snapped her gaze over to the satyr. Grace him with an introduction? A dangerous request disguised as a harmless question. Smile transformed her features from drained and uncomfortable to the relaxed visage she needed. Like any other student would she bowed her head towards the teacher,
“Of course Professor Steelwynd.”

Spine was slow to straighten, taking a few precious seconds to sort through her thoughts. Kalika pulled out bits of truth here and there since she couldn’t outright lie about such a thing, or anything else for that matter. Amber eyes held specks of silver at their edges, holes in her glamour; she glanced over the whole group before turning her attention to the teacher. Her voice coiled with her natural power, words as smooth as silk with a melody like honey.
“Hello everyone, my name is Kalika Ma. I’m a nurse as well as a student here at Caislin. Other than that, there’s nothing all too interesting to tell.” Unless they noticed her affliction for direct sunlight…

She was, after all, naturally a creature of darkness. Of the earth and moonlight nights. The full force of the sun was nearly as bad as sleeping on an iron bed for her kind. Both things considerably unpleasant to the Unseelie Fae.

20Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

The satyr's obsidian eyes did not fail to notice the struggle Kalika was apparently having with herself, but he did not want to press the issue in front of the other students. It was strange, the sensation he got when she was near; not like with the other students, all of whom had their own special abilities. With this one, he felt almost an innate kinship. Could she be somehow related to the fey as he was? Ah, there would be time for that later.

"Oh, I'm sure there is plenty more to tell," the twinkle returning to his eyes and the mirthful smile regaining its momentum "but we should continue. Will our latecomer tell us a bit about himself before we commence this class?" His gaze swept to the young man sitting next to Angelica.

21Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

He nodded with a smile as the teacher turned the attention of the class to him. "Well lets see. My name's Jarrik Grey and i'm from the US. Pennsylvania to be more precise. I'm a natural werewolf. After my family was slaughtered, i roamed the US for awhile before deciding to hunt down what i was told was the rest of our clan, which originated here in Ireland, though they had long been gone when i arrived, but, when i heard of this place, i decided to give it a shot." he explained, voice going solemn at the mention of his family. He unconsciously began to play with the gold cross around his neck as he looked around the small class.

22Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica had been curious about Jarriks introduction. She wondered what he would say, and would he say anything about what happened so many years ago. It felt very much like a different lifetime ago.

But he didn't. He didn't mention that he'd known her at all before they'd offically met here. Her crystal eyes misted over when he talked about his family though. She was suprised he'd mentioned what had happened to them. It wasn't anyones business but his own, and here he was being so open.

She reached out, once he was done, and put a hand on his shoulder. She knew it was hard to lose someone. Nana wasn't murdered like Jarrik's family, but she knew the pain just the same. She gave him a soft look, and a brief smile. Her small hand squeezed his shoulder gently, just enough to let him know that she understood what it felt like. And then her hand slipped away from his shoulder, and her attention flipped back to the teacher.

23Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

Jarrik had left out his earlier encounter with Angelique because he didn't want her knowing that saving her had cost him so much.

When she put a hand on his shoulder, Jarrik glanced over and smiled, trying to shake the images of his family out of his head. Years ago he was a son and brother. But now, all these years later, he may actually learn to be more.

24Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Finally, She walked in slow pace as she left the comfort of the halls to walk to the greenhouse. A place she found refuge such a long time passing. She felt it was in new hands, loving and gentle hands. The roses were saved by a new gardener, caretaker of the land. Margo turned as she witnessed the stumbling of the coat rack as it moved through the worn path to approach the greenhouse. “Now, now my darling, I am so sorry to trouble you, for you are my knight! My reason! My inspiration! Without you I would be lost. Trapped within the peril of delivering these flyers as well as a snack. How can one do two important duties alone? Than I saw you, with that gleam in your oak and that masculine limbs. I just knew you were the one to ask. Come now precious we are almost there.” Margo giggled lightly as she walked through the entrance of the greenery.

Margo wore a soft pink gown. The dyeing in likeness to the softest of roses. She wore green gloves that carried up her arms to her shoulders. Her arms the stem as her body the blooming flower. Protecting her neck and chest was a softer green, transforming into the leaves. The porcelain doll was ready for a garden party as she dressed in homage to nature itself. Blonde Hair was pulled out of her face as the curls tumbled down her back in fluid motion, as the water drips into the vase. Quenching the thirst of the plant. As she spoke with velvet tone her voice so soft and gentle, just as the breeze that carries the future seedlings of the enchanted garden.

“Do forgive me Master Steelwynd, students. Allow me to formally introduce thyself. I am Margo Danae, Professor of Formalities and Social Graces. I come to you with inspirational news! I am hosting a masquerade. If you will allow me the honor in hope of a glorious answer. Please, if any wish to adventure into my class and discuss the makings of such a wondrous event it would bring me such joy to see you all again. In appreciation for Sir. Steelwynd and his willingness to allow this minor interruption I have brought you a treat.”

Her pale blue eyes looked out into the doorway was the coat rack revealed itself. Baring a silver tray of raspberry cupcakes with small sugar flowers coating the frosting. She left the pile of flyers along one of the empty water troths so the students and professor may read on if the desire was met. Margo curtsied as she turned to the professor smiling at him. “To track you down milord was a test in itself, a teacher who finds their work within their subject is much respected.” The coat rack twisted at its base as it bowed for the students following Margo as she walked out.

25Nature Empathy, Day 1 Empty Re: Nature Empathy, Day 1 Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:12 am

Neihem Steelwynd

Neihem Steelwynd
No Rank
No Rank

Neihem stumbled over his own tongue in his attempt not to look foolish in front of the Formalities teacher, ending up remaining silent as she and her animated coatrack deposited the gift of snacks in the clearing. He nodded his head deeply to her, but before he could get a word in, she had swept away, her automaton following in her wake.

"Well, now that we all know each other, I suppose we can commence," he said, quickly recovering. His hand instinctively went for the flask in his pouch, but he thought better of it and restrained himself.

"I'm sure many of you have been wondering what this class will entail. To be honest, I've been wondering the same," he chuckled. "All I ask is that you come here with an open mind and an open heart, for that is all the Great Mother asks of us all. I'm sure you'll find this class extremely... unorthodox... compared to anything you've studied thus far. There will be no books, no tests, and no lecturing. You'll find that nature is a test in itself, even for one as close to her as myself."

His gleaming black eyes swept across the small gathering of students, lingering for a moment on each one, his nature sense stretching out to test their own sense of the Great Mother. The elemental girl, naturally, seemed to be very open, as well as young Jarrik. The mute boy seemed to be open also, but Kalika's aura was clouded. He had sensed something like this before, but where he could not recall.

Shaking himself out of his own musings, he continued. "You'll find that this class will be primarily practical, and will focus on our own personal ties to nature. If any of you are so inclined, I would also be more than happy to teach you the healing properties of the flora and fauna all around us. In addition, I hope to help anyone who may be interested in bonding a familiar companion."

"I'm sure I will be learning as much, if not more, from you as you will from me. You will find that I have MUCH to learn regarding the human culture, using that term loosely," he grinned at the young werewolf.

"Now that I've rambled long enough, we can begin. There is much to learn from the weight the eastern religions hold to the art of meditation. Opening yourself up to nature is one of the principal fundamentals we will work on. I have found that there is no necessary posture, so do not fret that I'll have you tied in knots like an Indian Yogi," he said with a twinkle in his eyes. "All that is needed is to make yourself as comfortable as possible and clear your mind of all worries, thoughts, and feelings. Allow your mind and your spirit to wander beyond your mortal body. All things are one. The trees, the grass, the dirt beneath you, even the stone of the walls of this castle. We are all one. When you have achieved the ability to extend your sense of nature, you will find your own peace. There is no greater treasure than this. Take the next few minutes to relax your muscles and open yourself to the Great Mother." He closed his eyes and leaned back against the tree, once again extending himself into everything around him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next