Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Silence fell upon the back enclosed yard of the school, in the soft wane of the moon a white building off to the side of the yard illuminated in the dark shadows. It was Seven Forty Five in the evening, just after dinner in the village and just as the sun had finished setting beyond the mountain tops in the beyond distance that could only be vaguely seen. The smell of darkness was inevitable as the light of the moon played against the walking stones that shone leading all the way up to the bottom step leading into the Astrology lab. A soft wind played in the air, whistling a gentle tune as the night moved on, stars popping up within the dark vast sky that undone itself from the light orange and red colors the sun had finally left to die out.

Walking up these illuminated steps would lead you to the overly large white wooden door, with large cast iron handles that would creak when you moved them to open the door. As one would enter the laboratory, they would see an array of desks and chairs that were shaped and painted like the moons and planets that hung above them like little poster collectables in the night sky. The ceiling was made so that the cut out shapes of stars and planets shone through with the moon light, lighting up the entire floor of the main class room. In the corner of this illuminated room sat a large wooden white desk, spotted with papers and piles of books covering it’s top. A soft light came from a small pocket sized laptop that sat on the table, open and playing a soft tune that would make the environment seem calming and inviting to any one person.

Behind this desk was a complete other area, filled with charts and posters against the wall describing different stars and the constellations that they know of to this point in life. And a large telescope that reached up, on a large iron and steel landing that had a large wheel beside it to turn it up and down, and another crank to turn it left or right. It came down to a small chair that sat at the eye piece and created a small area known as Madame’s Crook. This was where she spent most of her time, searching the stars for meteorites and falling stars, even new gas patches that dotted the universe beyond. As for now, Madame Chekov sat at her desk, shuffling through papers with a soft tinted light on beside her, it was craned over the paper work to set shadows off against her face. Brown short hair layered over her face, covering her site of the room as she became engulfed in lining up a curriculum for this new class and new students she had yet to meet. This made her mind wonder, about what kinds of students she would lure in with the help of the stars and moons above.

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Closing Thread.)

Class. A groan escaped from the newly flushed toned creep that sat upon the curve of the window's ledge, gray orbs searched across the new found darkness of the yard of the school. His legs dangled from the second floor height, he had been scrambling through the halls in the earlier hours searching for his room but have given up and decided against the whole idea of finding his place to sleep. He came out in the moonlight, reflecting against the colors of the moon as he sat on his perch, like a dark crow he watched the night creatures come alive.

''Xai chi toiwa...'' There was nothing around him as he spoke aloud to himself, taking in a deep breath as hands unfolded and grasped onto the cold stone window sill that sat warmed by the sun all day long and then suddenly chilled in the night, the lonely night that chased after the warm sunny days. A deep breath exhaled into the air, and caused a cloud of mist to form in front of his face a gentle smile pierced across his face and he watched as the lights inside of this white building off in the distance came clicking on. Just one that was enough to see through the fogged and vine covered windows.

This caught his attention and for a quick moment he was enthused by the small flicker of light that expanded from this one sole being. Taking a deep breath so get his physical body prepared for a drop, leaning forwards and letting the body go as gravity took over and pulled him down forcefully against the ground. Hitting feet first, there was nothing but a gentle thud against the ground as the six foot five form stood back to it's full standing, a pale hand reaching up and touching onto a white tie that collapsed against a black collared shirt. Running his hand down the front of the shirt, it collapsed underneath a very thin suit jacket, just enough to make his form complete.

The hand finished straightening the clothing from the sudden drop, and in one quick motion headed towards the white building that illuminated off from the side. Proactively suited his shoes tapped gently against the illuminating white stones, the form moved smoothly across these stones and quickly came upon the large cast iron door handles. Pale hands reached out and the colors clashed for a few moments before finally Michael pushed the door open, his form sliding through in a quick instance and a smile piercing across his face as he moved in and right away noticed the lovely touch of moon light kept within the walls of the class room. ''How...Lovely...'' He spoke to himself of course, he had no clue that Madame Chekov was sitting across the way in her desk, consumed by the very touch of light that had brought him here in the first place.

Clutching tightly to the arm of her savior, she looked on at the building. It held an eerie gray glow to it as the night fell upon the sky around them, clouding them in darkness. Her fingers gripped onto his arm a bit tighter as she shivered with the cool breeze blowing through her hair, making her ears lay flat against her head.

Today was the day that she had "blossomed" as Miss Danae had put it so eloquently. Christine had worn the only nice thing that she had brought with her when she left Martha's. It was simple and considered very plain, but she adored it. A light blue sun-dress that hugged her upper torso and then flared out at the bottom, dotted with little white flowers all over the fabric adorned her petite figure. She had worn this dress so that she could show off her true self; velvet brown ears that matched her eyes and a fluffy bushy tail that swayed and swishes excitedly to finally be free. When she had returned from her errands, she had found an envelope left outside her room that informed her of a new class that she would be joining and that this class was strictly in the evenings, after dark.

The note put her a little on edge since she had never been outside the walls of Caislin Hallows at night. The darkness frightened her just a bit anyways, so she asked the only person she could think of to come with her. Coincidentally, Ian had received the same letter. Christine was simply overjoyed at the fact that she would be spending more time with the boy who had seemed to capture her attentions and not to mention she would now have someone to walk with.

She looked up at the blonde haired boy as she clung tightly to him, hoping that she was not hurting him with her grip. She tried to contain herself as much as possible, but each crack of a branch or rustle of leaves nearly made her jump, not to mention the nervousness of starting a new class.

She took a deep breath and willed herself to push forward, Ian right beside her the entire way as they pushed open the large white door together, taking a step out of the cool night air and into the warm observatory. Christine's eyes instantly were drawn to the ceiling, her mouth agape with awe as she took in the site. Her ears flicked inquisitively as she let herself spin a bit, not realizing that she had let go of Ian's arm and was now twirling in circles at the back of their classroom.

She would stop twirling just before she became dizzy as she looked at Ian and giggled a bit. "It's so beautiful!" She cried out, then jumping as she would realize they were not alone. The dark haired man caught her attention first as a furious blush would come across her face. An immediate apology spilling from her lips as she curtsied gently. "I am very sorry, I did not see you..." He looked seemingly familiar and she was going to ask him if he was the teacher, but her words were stopped short as her ears pricked up the sound of rustling papers. She quirked her head towards the large white desk and the eerie glow that emanated from the area and in that moment of stillness, she heard the music. It gave her heart a soft jolt as she realized just how close she was standing to Ian, as she shifted away as unnoticeably as she could, still blushing.

As she moved, she could see the sound of the disturbance that had peaked her interest. Brown locks and bright eyes met hers and Christine would hold this single moment in her mind forever as she gazed upon her Astrology teacher for the first time.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The soft sound of music came to a halt as those hues lifted to spot the man come sneaking into her class of lights and misfortune. Through the stalls of light he swerved in appearance, how he stared at the things around him with such a pale but strong face. She let him become engulfed in the way her classroom stole the spotlight from anything else that would be lost on the mind, Madame Chevok sat with her hands folded over one another as the body leaned backwards to watch this potential student become engulfed slowly but surely.

Then another sound, the door opened producing a young woman and her careful companion. She had not seen these students before, and found that the two that entered, had to of been quite close seemingly how the female became so attached to the male. A smile pierced her face as this was an adorable sight, but she would not have shenanigans in her place of knowledge and chance at a new life. This would not be acceptable, but she allowed the pair to have their moment. Watching as this beautiful young flower started twirling in the midst of the moon light shapes that fell upon the floor and tables that covered the sides of the circle.

But a smile came to her face as she stood, slowly gathering her things up as she moved to greet the two students and this woman's gentle companion. ''Welcome my newborn stars, to Astrology Class, where dreams are but a soft stretch away from the minds grasp...'' Her voice was gentle, like a small childs' but held a tone of mystical and mysterious power. Carefully the woman stood, hands stretched out and touched the plastic rim of the laptop that sat before her, closing the lid and the light shot out. The soft blue coloring of the room emitted in such a glory that made everyone's face reflect with the soft moon light. Giving but a moment, she took a deep breath and smiled towards them all.

''Please darlings, take a seat on which ever constellation or moon that suits your fancy.'' Bowing, her hand shot out behind her leading those in the doorway inwards to the classroom spotted with beautiful tables and chairs, all shaped accordingly to the stars that laid above them in such a beautiful and deceiving way. Standing once again, Madame Chekov stood at an intimidating six foot two stature. She walked out and towards the students, admiring their beauty beneath the touch of moonlight, a gentle smile pierced across her face and those large eyes lit up with sparkles. ''I do hope you enjoy this class my young stars.''

It had taken Ian awhile but an endless amount of wandering had caused him to become somewhat familiar with his surrounds. No longer was the school just a tangled mess of endless hallways and rooms…the space had taken shape. Knowing where most things were caused the space to seem smaller. Ian still stuck to the side of the hallways but it was more out of habit now as he rarely passed another individual that paid him any notice. Ian had changed out of his beggar rags into a simple and form fitting dark blue tee-shirt and a pair of jeans.

Ian was overjoyed when he found the letter and relished the chance to spend time with Christine. Something inside of her reflected a portion of Ian that he did not truly understand. The kindness she had shown him had quickly strengthened the bond between the two. Although Ian was on shaky feet in foreign territory with both the school and Christine she had done so much to aid him. The young women’s grip was a bit tight but other than the occasional shifting he did nothing to fight it. After the slight hesitation he felt in Christine the pair slowly walked across the moon lit pathway towards the rather impressive building.

As the pair entered the classroom the young man felt her part from him. The atmosphere the classroom created screamed astronomy. Everything seemed to be built to reflect the beauty of the subject. This was one of the places Ian had not seen yet and the young man had to take a moment to absorb the room. He was shocked back to reality as he heard the soft apology emanate from Christine. Ian’s eyes quickly focused on the tall target of her apology. There was something about the individual he could not put his finger on but for some reason he was instantly wary. Ian had already learned that there were some strangely powerful people at this institution and he was not one of them. Before Ian could speak to the stranger the mood was changed by the halt of the soft music.

Ian’s blue eyes shifted as the women seemed to glide from behind the desk to towards him and Christine. Any doubt that she was the teacher was erased as she spoke, all of the teachers spoke with such elegance and mystic, it was on the verge of being slightly intimidating. In his wildest dreams Ian could never manage to string together such a linguistic masterpiece.

''Please darlings, take a seat on which ever constellation or moon that suits your fancy.''

Not realizing his boldness he softly reached out and tapped Christine on the wrist. There was a large moon table that was big enough for the whole inhabitance of the room and although he was guessing not everyone would sit at the table he did not want to exclude anyone with his choice. Before moving he offered a slight bow and introduction to his teacher. “Greetings Ma’am, my name is Ian Zllaire and I look forward to tonight’s session.” After his statement the youth moved over to the large moon and took a seat, his postuer was straight and his eyes were focused on his astrology teacher.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

Madame Chevok would only smile, with her hands crossed laid on her front as she watched the students remark towards one another and become situated in the extravagant room. Giving them a moment to themselves, she would turn and walk back the desk retrieving three silver binders, gathering them and pressing them against her chest she walked back to the students, the light of the moon touched her face and was slightly warming. But as everything does, even her own face changed in the soft moonlight, going from a fair color with darker hues, to a flash of white and soft blue hues that stared at her young stars.

Hearing the boy speak, a smile pressed against Madame Chevoks face and she bowed to the boy. ''Young Star Ian Zllaire, a pleasure it is to have you in my class. Our lesson will start shortly, seeing as no one else will be reporting for class on time...'' A soft growl came from the woman, basically incoherent to human ears as she stared at the students. ''Alas! I am happy to have the students I do have! And as the class name is, This is Astronomy Class, the research and diplomatic study of the stars, gases, galaxies and universe as the treasures they truly are!'' She waited a moment for the students to gather at their decided constellation or star, or even moon shaped table and chairs. As they took their seats, Madame Chevok moved slowly behind the students, putting the binders on the table before each of them, a soft click of her heels echoed through the room as she did.

''But what I would like to teach my young stars first, is that there would be no universe without atoms and basic compounds, that without imperfection, there would be no planets, no stars, and no us. So take this into heart my darlings, that Imperfection, is the Perfection of our lives.'' Hands collapsed on her front once more, and she moved through the tables and chairs, sitting on top of her desk , legs crossing one over the other as she watched her students faces. ''Now, open your binders to page three. The Milky Way Galaxy. This my Young Stars, is your Galaxy, the place we call home. And one of the few Galaxies in the Universe that contain what we like to call 'Moderation Space' Where our planet, Earth, is the closet planet to the sun that holds the capability of containing life. It is a hundred thousand light years long, and a thousand light years in thickness. And here's a brilliant little fact for you, the oldest star in our Galaxy is Thirteen point Two billion years old!'' She was over joyed by the science included with Astronomy and how beautiful the universe was, making the earth seem so tiny in comparison.

''Now what I would like for you all to do...Is pick your favorite star..Constellation or Galaxy, tell us why you like this particular one, and what it means to you. Now.. There are almost Four Hundred Billion stars in our galaxy so do pick carefully my darling Stars!'' With a bow of her head and a gentle clap of her hands as she spun on her heel and walked back to her own desk, she walked past and sat on the soft stool that was so short she could have been sitting on her knees. She sat and adjusted the telescope for a moment. If you have any questions or even need to talk, I am available at all times here in the class.'' She spoke as she stood back up and with a small screwdriver started working on bits of angles.

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Color)

Ian made his way over to the large moon-table and took a seat along the outer edges. He could already tell that this lesson was going to take all of his concentration. Not only did his teacher have an eloquent tongue but the subject matter was already slightly confusing. Ian’s elementary understanding of the subject had nothing to do with atoms or basic matter. However, what the young man lacked in basic education he made up for in drive. He would do his best to learn, more for himself than anyone.

''Now, open your binders to page three. The Milky Way Galaxy. This my Young Stars, is your Galaxy, the place we call home. And one of the few Galaxies in the Universe that contain what we like to call 'Moderation Space' Where our planet, Earth, is the closet planet to the sun that holds the capability of containing life. It is a hundred thousand light years long, and a thousand light years in thickness. And here's a brilliant little fact for you, the oldest star in our Galaxy is Thirteen point Two billion years old!''

Ian pulled the binder he had been assigned from a small pack he had carried in with him. Questions were already brewing in his head but looking around the table he perceived confidence from his peers. Rather than voice his questions he started to write in the margins of the notebook ‘What is moderation space?’ and ‘How are light years measured in both length and thickness?’

As he looked up from the notebook at Madame Chevok he could not help but be momentarily captivated by both the joy and passion the subject matter drew from her. Her passion sparked Ian’s interest, it was clear she loved what she was talking about.

''Now what I would like for you all to do...Is pick your favorite star..Constellation or Galaxy, tell us why you like this particular one, and what it means to you. Now.. There are almost Four Hundred Billion stars in our galaxy so do pick carefully my darling Stars!''

There was a slight pause after she voiced the assignment as Ian stared blankly at her. It was quite the charge to ask someone to pick their favorite heavenly body, especially with his minuscule knowledge of them. Slowly his head lowered as the same blank stare was now fixed on the page. The young man would continue to stare for a good long while until suddenly and out of nowhere he flipped to a blank page and started to write.

paper[color=blue]]“My favorite heavenly body would have to be the moon. Although during the course of my life I understood there was other existing bodies the only two I knew by name were the sun and the moon. In a way the moon represents my ignorance of the galaxy, I was only aware of it because it was so apparent. In the coming months I want to become more aware of that which is not so apparent in hopes that my understanding grows and my pick changes.”

After he was done he ripped the page from the binder, removed a small tin from his pack and approached Madame Chevok at her desk. The youth softly set the tin next to the paper on the desk and spoke softly so the others could not hear him. “Here is my assignment Madame, I am not sure if you will enjoy my pick but I am told the white chocolate is somewhat tasty.” Ian never stopped to consider how she might view the gesture but it was not at all intended to be a bribe, but more of an offering. He was grateful to anyone who would bother to teach him and he wanted to show it.

''Welcome my newborn stars, to Astrology Class, where dreams are but a soft stretch away from the minds grasp...''

Christine was breathless and awe-struck. Her teacher was just as magnificent as the room that surrounded them now. It gave her a pause though, wondering if all the teachers here at Caislin Hallows would hold such a magnitude of not only knowledge but power and grace. The teacher in front of her, though drastically different, reminded her so much of Miss Danae, and the way she secured the rooms attention with just a simple gesture of standing or a wave of a hand.

A small smile crept across her lips at the thought that she might offend Miss Danae if she became to like her new teacher more than the lovely Formalities instructor. As quickly as the thought crept into her mind, she shot it down with the simple fact that Miss Danae was the one person whom she unequivocally trusted more any any one person that was not her Martha. She was the nurturing hand that plucked Christine from the weeds and replanted her in a garden full of blooming flowers so that she too, might be able to breath once more and claim her true glory...there was no changing that.

However, her thought process was interrupted as she felt a familiarity of warmth against her skin. She looked down at the soft fingers against her skin and followed the arm up to the face of the blonde haired blue-eyed boy. She could not stop the smile that spread across her lips and the way the moonlight shined over her, giving her stark white hair a glow about it that was almost as if she was of another world. She watched as Ian took his place among the stars and moons themselves as he sat at the large table. She would go to join him, but not before giving her own greeting to her new teacher.

"It is very nice to meet you Miss..." Her words were cut short as she had not learned the name of her teacher. But she did not intend to make another bad impression, so she continued her thought as if nothing had made her pause in the first place. A soft curtsy would come with her words, the teachings of Formalities coming into play. "It is very wonderful for you to invite us to your beautiful Classroom."

Though her words would be soft, they seemed to echo around her in the large room. She couldn't help but become fascinated with the glory around her. Of course Christine had gazed at the stars before, peeking out her window at night after Martha had gone to bed to see a bright and glorious moon staring back at her and the shining dots that sprinkled the dark blue abyss of the night sky...For a moment, Christine let her mind trace back to those nights in her room living with Martha, and she had thought that it had been quite some time since she took a moment to stare up at the stars like she did back then.

She tilted her head and let her gaze drift up and beyond the ceiling, through the shapes and up into that dark night once more, finding something she had lost long ago, a part of herself that she had enjoyed and let slip away with her sorrow and grief. The sound of her teachers perky but strong voice pierced through the starry skies in her mind and brought her back to the reality that she drifted from so often.

"I do hope you enjoy this class my young stars."

She would take a seat besides Ian and let her eyes drift up once more towards the ceiling but she would keep herself grounded to the world around her, ears swiveling atop her head as she picked up the sounds from around the room. Her attention would be brought back down from the ceiling when the teacher would lay a silver notebook in front of her. She let her fingers slide across the folder, the moonlight shining on the object and making it shine just as her hair did.

"...So take this into heart my darlings, that Imperfection, is the Perfection of our lives.''

Christine would watch her teacher with great intent as the words fell from her lips...Imperfection is perfection. Despite her ability to have overcome a great deal of obstacles in this school, she still had doubts. The rose that she was, had blossomed, but not fully. However, with these words, just simple words, her world became so much clearer. She took a second to glance at Ian who had not once turned away from her since she had let herself shine. She had Imperfections...clear and defined that had made him stutter the words "beautiful." All she could do was give a soft "hmm," like a light switch was flipped in her head and now the bulb was shining ever so brightly.

"'Now what I would like for you all to do...Is pick your favorite star..Constellation or Galaxy, tell us why you like this particular one, and what it means to you.

She looked down at the book that was open to page three in front of her. Pick a star? How am I going to do that....? She sighed deeply and looked up at the ceiling once again and began to drift away to that place that was not here. As she did, her eyes glazed over in memory at a thought, distant though it was, it was so vivid in her mind.

** "Martha, Martha!" A little girl, not 6 or 7 ran up with big fluffy ears atop her head, and bright eyes in the soft glow of the coming night. Her hands clasped together with a dim yellow light emanating from between them. An elderly lady with hair just as white as the little girls looked down at her and smiled. "What have we here?" A ginger smile spread her already thin lips even thinner. The little girl looked between her hands as she slowly spread them open and a little black bug with a bright glowing butt crawled along her fingers. Dazed with wonder in her eyes and such an innocent voice, the little girl whispered ever so softly. "I caught a star..." **

Christine smiled at the thought that she had been so full of life back then, but her Martha had endowed her with that joy. A slight pang of grief welled up inside her and she forced it back down with a hard swallow. When she glanced back up at the ceiling out into the night sky, all she saw now were dots, which she knew were not fireflies that she would ever be able to catch. She let out a gentle sigh as she looked down at the notebook, still open, as the information on the page didn't even register in her mind. Glancing over at Ian, she would see him working diligently...He seems so sure of himself...

In times of deep thought or even boredom, Christine would find herself reaching up with gentle fingers and rubbing her thumb over the outside of her ear. It was more a habit than anything and she didn't even register her bodies movements or the comforting feeling she had when she did it, until she would be reminded by some strange look or the loud purring that registered through her body. However, this time it was stopped by a stroke of enlightenment.

Drawing on a piece of paper in the margins, she would doodle little sketches of the moon with the stars around it, just for her own amusement more than anything as she began to write very slowly, as if to articulate her thoughts one letter at a time. "The moon is brilliant. It shines even through the darkest and coldest nights and returns again even if we do not want it. It is unyielding and shines on us with beauty and grace filling, what would be darkness with pure light. The moon means comfort, in a safe place, with warm tea and an even warmer bed. It means simple, but beautiful. A light in the dark. A star, brighter than any other star there for hope that the sun will rise again to bring a new day and new life. "

She would wait until her paper was completely covered with doodles of bright stars and half moons and full moons along with her answer before she would stand and place the paper upon the hard surface of their teachers desk. She gave a soft curtsy just before she returned to her seat, but not without a moment of insecurity as she glanced over her paper once more just to make sure it was exactly how she wanted it.

Michael stood, astonished by the gravitation of this teacher, how she pulled at the students and took them into her class room. With but a smile on his face he would give but a small nod of his head towards Christine, this cat like creature he had seen once before in formalities class. Beside this woman, was a smaller blond boy, which didn’t seem too out of the ordinary in the place like Caislin Hallows. With but a gentle sigh escaping the man’s lips he’d hope that this wasn’t all that was appearing for the class, but for the time being that’s what it would seem to be. Taking in a deep breath he quickly moved to a half-moon table, that would be seated for one under the shining moon light.

This soft light that his skin took in so deeply and shone through his entire form as those grey hues shined beneath the dark hair that laid scattered across his face. With a soft smile on his face he’d lean back in his chair as the teacher spoke with such humor and such grace as she instructed them with an insight on the life of the stars and the galaxies that hung around the escaping reach of man. One day he hoped he could live to see, to reach those stars and play in those galaxies, how at peace the soul would be in this simple act of bouncing trajectories. Then the binder that was slapped down on his desk caught his attention, quickly those grey hues shot up on the gentle face that smiled as she handed these binders out to the students. He’d nod his head and in a gentle whisper give her thanks in it.

His eyes fell on the others in the class room before falling against his binder, pale fingers touched and flipped open the binder cover and stared onto the blank pages of the paper. Thinking for a moment as he popped his pencil into his mouth and bit down onto the end of it, gently nibbling on it as his mind floated through the stars. As he thought, his head fell backwards and watched the stars and dust clouds above him in the dark sky. It was a good idea to have this class at night, as he thought there could be many a surprises that would find their way into this class room. Before he knew it, his hand was buys scribbling away on the paper before him.
~Tarnished is that of the night sky, with many of stars but not as many constellations or galaxies that we all know of. With this in mind all we can do is reach for the stars and hope for a better tomorrow. With a deep breath we can take in the darkness of the world, and all of it’s light at the same time. Which reminds me of the Andromedas Galaxy. This is what I will chose as my favorite or closest remedy to the mind for the stars above us. Why Andromedas? Because it’s our closest galaxy, yet we know barely anything of it. All we know for certain is that it does not contain any life or any thing that could withstand life. But we continue to hope, and we continue to move on through life trying to figure out the little excentricties of this galaxy. I would like to learn more of this before trying to figure out more complex galaxies or spots of stars in the sky.

He checked over his words quickly, and waited for the other two to sit down before he got up and headed towards the table of Madame Chevok. He bowed gently and laid his paper down beside the other two that had made their way up here quicker than his own. A small smile fell on his face and with a gentle nod of his head he quickly turned, looking at the two students that had returned to their seats. With a small smile he gave to them, he quickly took his seat in the half crescent moon once again and the sat waiting in patience for the teacher to speak again with her elegant way of stealing their attention from everything again.

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

The compliments from her students only made Madame Chevok’s face light up with a soft joy, she could see that she was reaching the students, even if they did not like or even care for the world of Astrology. Madame Chevok would notice Christine as she spoke, and with a smile on her face she would do a small bow. ’’Madame Mary-Lynn Chevok. Call me what feels most comfortable to you my Young Stars, for dampening the imagination only starts with refereeing the words we must speak!’’ She’d smile as she stood tall once more, watching those that were in her mystical room of enchantment. With a nod of her head, after making her rounds around the classroom, she made her way back to her desk, quickly sitting and waited until the students had any questions or demands.

Madame Chevok sat behind that old oak wood desk, peeking up from her own work as she watched the students hurry and become lost in the slightest of instruction of venturing past their own world and into something beyond themselves. Moving in the seat, the old chair beneath her creaked only just as she watched the students flipping through their books, ripping papers out and constructing a new assignment for their test of the class. Madame Chevok could only hope that they all didn’t fumble with their thoughts and pick the one thing in the sky that wasn’t a star, but was a mass of collected asteroids and collective dust. She did not expect these children to know the entire universe, but perhaps a few constellations would have sufficed to endure their minds into something more than just the darkness that surrounds them all. She’d watch as the two that seemed to be a couple played and touched, she didn’t like the fact that people were so open in front of others of their attentive touch. ‘’Please keep your eyes and hands to yourselves whilst in my classroom or I shall send you to the office, as much as I’d hate to starve you Young Stars of this chance to learn, and perhaps reach a new level of attentiveness.’’

Silence fell over the young ones yet again, only taking a moment her eyes fell back against the book that laid on the desk before her, flipping through the pages as she awaited the silence to erupt into a gathering of papers and soft foot steps would cause the entire room to erupt in a soft dance of light and shades against the faces of her Young Stars. Shortly after, she would sneak about the classroom, peering over the student’s shoulders as she was so curious on how they would take this class, would they despise it and hate for being stuck here? Or would they move at the speed of light and thrust themselves into the ever divulging stars above. Quickly rendered her spirits dampened and she would slow her pace, continuing back to her desk where she would sit and wait fingers consumed by the prodigy of the stars, tracing a map that laid across her desk that would outline the main constellations during the summer solstice. Suddenly noises were made, and Ian made his way to the desk, Madame Chevok would stand and greet him with the upmost respect. ’’Young Star Ian! How wonderful! Presenting me with your paper! ‘’ Enthused by his act of paper she set it on the table, then quickly reformed herself in the seat that was light by the moonlights touch.

Just as she sat on the chair, and was about to read Young Star Ian’s paper, she would see that this cat-like child came to her desk next. Madame Chevok pulled a smile, and presented it to The Bright Star Christine so beautifully. She could tell from Christine’s movement’s that he was a blooming flower. How wonderful the Classes are in this school, to assist with her blooming, she would think to herself. ’’My dear! You as well! How incredible I did not expect these papers back in the first day!’’ She took Christine’s paper and smiled brightly, almost as bright as the moonlight that hung above her head. ’’How wonderful my students are! Tonight I shall present you all with a gift for appearing on the first day so young and beautiful and open to learning!’’ Her eyes fell on the dark man that sat apart from the others. With a soft sigh she leaned back in her seat, legs crossing one over the other as the soft touch of the medieval dress hung in soft rungs of daring fabric.

The sound of silence fell over the class room, and Madame Chevok turned in her seat to eye the back of the room, where the glass case she held her most precious of items laid in tangent spirit. Awaiting the silence to overcome the life of the classroom, or perhaps even waiting for the invitation of a new life. With a soft sigh, her eyes moved up, and into darkness they fell. Raising higher she would watch the face of the young man that presented himself now, she took his paper from him and gave him a brilliant smile. ‘’My dark constellation has completed his paper as well, beautiful. Alas we find ourselves at a turning point, I shall read the papers in the morning and grade them account to your spirits. But in the mean time my young stars!!’’ She stood quickly from the desk she hid behind.

Moving from the desk, around the students to show them, to follow her to the part of the classroom that hid behind her desk. ‘’Let us travel into the unknown and venture forth into the tantrum love of the stars and galaxies that harbor our worlds!’’ Moving from the student area, to the overly sized telescope that exceeded in weight and shot up through the ceiling to reveal the stars in an actual size for the eye. She moved to the telescope and patted the seat. ’’What I have set here, is the Galaxy known as ‘Ho’. It is but a nebula to our view, but it contains many worlds like our own Milky Way. The nebula you will see, is bright red with touches of yellow and blue, the creation of chemicals and of neurons that will supply the galaxy with life. So please, will you all come to this side of the room, take turns looking into the scope and then…I have a gift for my Young Stars..’’ The body would move, and swoop across the ground like she was just a mist , just a part of the shine of the moon as she moved across the room. Standing before the large glass cupboard and gently, pressing the door open. Sounds of Mary-Lynn’s voice could be heard, but only if they paid attention. She hummed, the tune of the moon. The Moonlights Sonata.

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coloring)

This was the first time Ian had ever written anything that would be read with any sort of scrutiny. The gravity of the situation totally escaped the young man, had he realized what was going on he would have polished the paper and done his best to make it presentable. Lightly he placed his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his hands. The dark sky was visible through one of the cuts in the roof. It would have been romantic to call the sky a beautiful dark mystery but it would have also been somewhat of a lie. Ian had spent many a nights looking up at the sky trying to force himself to sleep but he had never really contemplated it. Space was something that was omnipresent and was never a concern. However, he had never had someone like Madam Chevok instruct him. His thoughts of his teacher were cut short by her voice.

‘’Please keep your eyes and hands to yourselves whilst in my classroom or I shall send you to the office, as much as I’d hate to starve you Young Stars of this chance to learn, and perhaps reach a new level of attentiveness.’’

With only the three of them in class it was clear who she was talking about. Ian turned to Christine and smiled at her warmly. He wanted to make sure the pair did nothing to interrupt or offend their teacher in any way. There was something about the young women that made the confidence in Ian bloom. A comment that would have normally sent Ian into a frantic state of apology and asking for forgiveness only slightly shook him. It took just a second of looking to Christine to feel at home again. The young man had started to become aware of what others thought of the relationship between the pair and although he wanted to say they were off the mark Ian did not totally know what to make of it.

His attention was turned from Christine back to his surroundings as the others turned their papers in. Although he conjectured that the gift his teacher spoke of would come in the form on knowledge it still excited Ian, knowledge was something he lacked. As Madam Chevok came out from behind the desk and began to speak Ian slowly stood and prepared to follow. He had noticed the object as they had entered but the overall glamour of the rest of the room had caused him to disregard it. He now realized that the massive object would serve as a gateway for other worlds. He was hoping that Christine would remain somewhat close to him but that she would not contact him, the pair had been warned.

’’What I have set here, is the Galaxy known as ‘Ho’. It is but a nebula to our view, but it contains many worlds like our own Milky Way. The nebula you will see, is bright red with touches of yellow and blue, the creation of chemicals and of neurons that will supply the galaxy with life. So please, will you all come to this side of the room, take turns looking into the scope and then…I have a gift for my Young Stars..’’

Ian had no interest in being greedy but sensing no other movement he took the invitation and made his way over to the lens. Fixing his eye to and becoming a part of the massive object it took only a second for the object to come into view. Never did Ian imagine that something so far away could be so stunning, the colors were vibrant and had some sort of otherworldly quality to them. He was still standing but his body started to relax as he studied the object. He would never get any closer to it than he was now, it would always remain a beautiful unexplored speck in an unending cold universe. The youth could have gazed up at Ho for hours but was still mindful of his surroundings so stepped to the side in order to give the others access. His eyes quickly found his teacher who had moved over to the glass cupboard, Ian slowly started to encroach on the space wondering what treasure was in store for them next.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Bruxa was thankful that her class had been changed. It seemed somehow she had got on the wrong path with her former instructor. Especially after the teacher had chided her for something she had not done. It just seemed wrong that a professor of a school could just make up things to get onto a student about.

All that was behind her now as she made her way to the lone building behind the science hall. How perfect this would be for her, the class held at night in order to view the worlds above them. Something she was more than familiar with since this was the times she ventured out. How many times had she sat alone, staring up into the skies, wondering of those twinkling lights overhead.

Pausing as she neared the small structure, noting how the roof seemed split at its top. A light tilt of her head as what could only be the large telescope jutted from that crevice as it moved if only slightly. Evident that someone inside was adjusting the tubular object. Donned in her usual black garb. The short skirt that floated around the top of those slender thighs that were covered in dark leggings. The bustier like top that hugged her small chest. The ankle stiletto boots adorned her feet and the long duster like coat with the only spot of color on the lapel, the blood red rose made of material...a gift from the Puppeteer.

Thick mane of lockes hung loosely around her face, shadowing the delicate seemingly young features. The evening breeze blowing to make those soft curls billow around her shoulders as she approached the stark white entrance. Fingers clutched the iron handles as she took an unneeded deep breath. She was tardy of course what with getting the new assignment late. A flick of her wrist and the door opened with that screech of a creak to announce her arrival.

Stepping into the laboratory, ebon hues darted over the room. Noting the variety of desks with their unusual shapes and tints. A faint smile as her gaze fell over each student that occupied the space before settling on the roof overhead. The door closed behind her with a dull click as she stood their spellbound. Child like wonder conveyed on her countenance as she stared up at the cut outs of the stars and planets. The light of the moon shining through each one. Emitting its reflective illustrious brightness to keep her engrossed with the display.

13////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One Empty Alas! We Have Victory! Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:18 am

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

What a sound to be heard in the late evenings of class, the opening of her doors, how this made her weep on the inside. How heart broken she was at the sound of the door closing, with heels against her floors as silence fell in the room. Quickly her head would jet up from the glass shelving unit that covered the back wall, hidden by shadow. In her hand laid one blue stone, a soft clear color in the shape of a tear. How radiant it was as she held it in both hands, its circumference larger than what her hands could cover. Standing up right, watching as this woman came into her class room from the corner of her eye, then continued her gentle steps towards Ian who had pulled himself away from the telescope.

With but a gentle smile on those pearly red petals like roses as she approached the first student of hers, her first true young star. ’’Ian! My honorary True First Young Star, shall be granted with the name, First Light. With this, I would love if you would accept my gift of coming to Astrology Class, with this you have taken a deep breath of the universe above, you are reaching out to the many constellations of masses of gas, that stand out in the darkness to admire how unique you are.’’ With these words, she bowed before the young blonde haired man and held before her the blue gem that filled her hands, opening them the gem would sparkle in the moon light and shift colors. This beautiful gem was shifting from the soft blue, to a bright white, then placing back into shades of blue.

Madame Chevok’s body rose and stood to her full height, as the short locks of hair bounced against her cheeks. Hands would reach out and take Ian’s into her own and then push the gem into his hands. ’’This..First Light, is the very rare, the very wanted. Moon’s Tear. The myth is that when the sun faded behind the rock of earth, that for the first few nights of the universe being created, the moon cried for the sun as he always missed her and could never see her whole beauty. He could never catch but a glimpse of love, and then at night he would cry, only to have Mother Earth comfort him and catch his tears…’’ She would leave Ian with that note of history and the gem he now held in his hands. Her hand raised, and gently patted against his cheek as a friendly reminder.

Taking gentle steps across the tiled floor, she’d stand by the telescope and gently pat it’s top as she stared at Michael and Christine. ’’Come darling young stars, come see the universe in the blink of an eye… You’ll love it, I guarantee it.’’ Finally her eyes shot to the woman who came into her home, her logical institute. In a swift movement, Madame Chevok made her way across the raised platform where her telescope was situated and to the lower half of the room where her students belong. With the same gentle smile on her face, Madame Chevok would move to the woman and greet her most warmly. ’’Alas we have the final explosion of color to add to our mixture of ions and matter. Welcome, to Astrology. Not a class, but a choice into the universe. I am Madame Chevok, greetings and good tidings, one question before we become formal though madam. Are you a student or are you just gracing us with the pleasure of the cosmos?’’ Madame Chevok’s voice was very warm and kind to her students, how she wanted them to be accepted and to join her class in all gratuities included. She wanted to explore her Stars, not have them hidden away by gas clouds of the universe.

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Gaze shifted as she heard the voice. Eyes landed on the tall elegant female as she spoke. Ebon hues danced over the stone that lay within the womans grasp as she presented it to the student with the splendid speech. Oooo favors for doing a good job in class... She thought idlely as she admired the blue gem. Listening as she gave the history of the jewel.

Standing her ground as she was suddenly approached after the invitation to the other students to observe the sky overhead. Arms moved behind her, fingers interlocking at the small of her back. Returning the smile with an alluring one of her own. A quaint nod of her head as the woman introduced herself with the greeting.

A quick glance slid down the teachers body and back up to her face as the smile faded ever so slightly. "A pleasure Madame Chevok..." She began in that high pitched singsong tone. "Forgive my tardiness, for I was only recently assigned to this class.." Continuing in that girlish voice that belied the true age of the seemingly young teen. "Bruxa...Bruxa Vipir, a student if you will admit me to partake in your class."

Chin lifted and only then did the delicate features of that childlike visage appear from the shadows of those raven tendrils that framed her face. Eyes afixed with the womans gaze. "I am what one would call a night owl, I spend my time amongst the nocturnal creatures and wish to learn more of the lights that litter the evenings skies"

15////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One Empty The Ending Of Astrology 101 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

A smile would bear on the fresh faced teacher as Bruxa explained her situation. In a mild attempt to adorn her new student with the gift of life and love of the classroom she would turn away from Bruxa for just a moment before trying to get the attention of her two students that loomed by the telescope, she could tell from the instant they walked into her classroom that they were a couple. Still, silly things like relationships must be with held while in such a delicate manner of publicity. ’’My darling young star , My First Light. Attention for but a moment before you peer into the heavenly deep space of color and magnitude, I would like to introduce your new class mate. This, is Bruxa Vipir.’’

Saying the name out loud had brought back some memories that she would hope to share with Bruxa the next time their class had started, with a gentle smile she turned to face Bruxa once more. As for now she only had one question on her mind and would hold that until last. Mary-Lynn had quite the imaginative mind when it came down to how to deal and handle her students, but at the same time she hated to play games with anyone except on the tennis court. With a smile forming over the prudent lips, a familiar smile from memories of old as they disdained and moved back into a friendly smirk that was approachable. ’’Oh my dear! You have just missed an assignment that I had the others do. I wonder would you like to stay and do the paper, then perhaps take a look at the stars? Class is ending you see, I was just about to let the students go for the night. As I know most of the students here live during the day, more than at night.’’ She sounded sad at this, her face even pulled together like she was going to burst into tears. How lovely the night truly was.

At this moment she bowed to Bruxa and then turned to the others in the classroom. ’’Take your time children, but class has ended my young stars! So take all the time you’d like to stare into the skies, and to be dazzled by the jewels I hold so dearly in my glass cabinet. You both have done so well, but I do hope to see you both improve as our class goes on.’’ Then finally she remembered her question for Bruxa, quickly she turned and made a gentle nod towards Bruxa, once more stepping closer towards her, and in a gentle voice she spoke with so much curiosity.

‘’My dear, if you don’t mind me asking…You wouldn’t happen to be related to Lord Delmonte Vipir, the Russian Vampyre of Poetry?’’

Last edited by Madame Chevok on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color, Title.)

Bruxa Vipir

Bruxa Vipir
Bronze
Bronze

Bruxa looked up to the other students as the teacher introduced her to them. Eyes flitted over each pupil with a demure smile forming on those cupid doll like lips. As the Instructors attention drew back to her so did her own gaze shift back to Madam Chevok. The offer given to stay late and catch up on the assignment she had missed along with a closer glimpse at the heavenly bodies that twinkled overhead. "I wouldn't wish to intrude on your personal time Mam'..." That southern accent seemed to grow heavier as she spoke. Though the high tone of her voice indicated an excitement and that she did indeed wish to stay...after all, she had no where else to go for now. Besides..this seemed it would be something she might truely enjoy.

The Governess of the class bowing and turning back to the other occupants of the room to announce the end of the first days lesson. The proposal extended to the other two to continue gazing at the stars. Once again the Mistress of Astrology turned back towards her with the question. "You wouldn’t happen to be related to Lord Delmonte Vipir, the Russian Vampyre of Poetry?’’ Brows knitted together, eyes darted down to look at the toes of her boots. Teeth grazed slowly over that lower lip, tugging it into her mouth.

Vipir...that was the name of the man who turned her...The man she had taken the surname of since she did not know her own...The dark shadow that visited her bed in the orphange each night, until the last when he all but drained her...saying he was making her better as he bid her to drink of his own sustenance...then he disappeared...leaving her to discover how to live within the new world he had so crudely thrust her into. Large ebon hues slowly rose back to the teachers face as a weak smile slid back onto that bowlike mouth. The persona of a lost little girl suddenly conveyed within her demeanor. "I suppose you could say that.." The voice was only a little more than a whisper. It was plain that it wasn't something she was willing to talk about...well not yet anyways.

17////Closed Thread : Astrology Class : Lesson One Empty The Ending Of The First Night. Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Mary-Lynn

Mary-Lynn
No Rank
No Rank

With a gentle laugh, Mary-Lynn really had no other business that night but to enjoy her new classroom that she was given and allowed to reconstruct to her demanding class. To reach the stars and the electric force that held within them, she even tried with her students in much simpler course of action. Her question seemed to affect the young lady, and with a sad sigh of relief the teacher crossed her arms and stared off to the distance for a moment as her mind to tried to allocate her dreadful words and the daring exercise of speaking again, but at last she took a deep breath. Hands raised allowing fingertips to draft through the feathers of brightened brown hair as the body turned on spot facing the other students. ”Alright! I must ask everyone to leave as I will be closing the class up for the night, it’s getting quite late and some of you have classes in the morning.” Her voice was transcended towards the two that gathered about the telescope, the couple that spatter more than just curiosity.

The demeanor of the young girl seemed slightly upset and it wasn’t polite for a teacher to be prying into the private lives of her students just yet. With her hands raised to motion the students to the front area, she took a quick walk over to her desk closing the laptop that sat upon it. Shuffling the papers and placing them in an open drawer before closing it shut and turning back to face the woman before her once again. ”Well, it’s no problem for me, but I would like to grab some lunch before I start setting up for the outdoor excursion that’s being planned. If you’d like, you can join me at the café in the village.” Her words were gentle but true as she moved back to her desk once again.

Gathering up her pack sack with some of her work from her previous job still stuffed inside, note books and recordings of subjects and meetings that had taken part in the past, zipped it up and slung it over her shoulder like a child would have in middle school. With a grin to match the child-like behavior her head quirked for just a moment before reaching to the door and pulling it open, slipping a large brass key into the lock hole, fashioning off a star and soft green gem that hung from silver chains on the key loop. ”Come, come students. “ She’d only gesture in a soft almost motherly like tone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum