Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Overcoming a fear I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overcoming a fear

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Overcoming a fear Empty Overcoming a fear Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

It was late. Really late. Middle of the night late. Three am late. So why was she still up? Why did the idea of sleep just sound so...aweful? It nearly turned her stomach to think about sleeping right now.

But her room felt so hot...and stuffy. Maybe it was because it felt so hot in her room. She'd even tried a cold shower, but her stomach nearly rolled over when she laid down in that bed. Was she sick? No, she felt fine now.

Maybe this was all just a dream...she supposed that it could be. Or maybe she was already asleep and sleep walking? Anything was possible. Quietly she moved through the hallways, facing a fear now. These hallways always kinda creeped her out, especially at night.

But this was still a rather new place for her, and so it was still a transition time. She could be the coward that she was before, or she could step up and be a strong woman. She hoped she would turn out to be the latter.

Tonight seemed like as good a night as any. She had donned a pair of shorts and a tank top, her pajamas, but sufficient enough for this little venture. She didn't expect to run into anyone, but wanted to be properly clothed, just in case. Someone might think she was up to no good, if they didn't know her. But she couldn't bring herself to do evil deeds.

Bare feet fell aganist the stone floor. To someone else it might have been cold, but she could never tell the difference anymore. It felt rather normal to her, maybe even a little warm in the midst of summer heat. In fact, it felt a little warm everywhere now. She knew the peak of summer was coming, when she'd be forced inside, despite her love of the outdoors. Mother Nature gave wonderful gifts in the summer time though, but unfortunately the environment she provided wasn't always hospitable to Angelica.

Extreme heat, well, not even extreme, but anything over eighty degree farenheit and she was deathly ill. It was annoying to Angelica, an inconvenience, but something that she had to live her life by.

Even now though, in the darkness and cool of the night, things could turn bad if her temperature got too high. She kept a constant mental check on it. If she felt sluggish or ill she'd have to stop and find a bathtub or some ice to at least stand in. Death was not a nice companion. She'd learned that the hard way too.

But tonight, she wanted to take her stand as a woman, and conquer her silly fear of the hallways. There was no monster that would get her if she didn't stay close to her dorm room, so she wandered about, rather freely, carefully watching the shadows of any signs of movement in the corridors, other than herself.

2Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

Clop, Clop, clop. Wooden sandals clattered against the stone flooring. A tall lanky figure, with hair that seemed to illuminate with a white electricity. Not a single detail visible though. As the figure seemed to aimlessly wander, it swayed from side to side. Tossing it's form as it rocked.

Needless to say, details became more available. First that it was indeed a person. A male. Clad in jeans that fit, and a white t-shirt. An all season jacket rested over his body. Still, not a single facial expression nor sign of eyes. Something hung from his left hip. Something long, thin. "Kon... Bon... Wa!" He spoke. In a very drawn out and slow manner.

His voice could have been taken in two different ways. Very cheerful and welcoming. Or a lunatic's song. The bandanna. Though he spoke, and drew attention, the next detail presented was that bandanna. It wrapped his head, over his forehead, holding his hair up and out of his face.

Hands buried deep within the confines of his jacket pockets, the male smirked. A window welcomed light, in which he stepped. Giving sight to this lone spectator.His left hand withdrew from its hiding spot, and rested on the hilt of a japanese blade. "Another who does not, or cannot sleep. What a lucky night." He spoke again, his lips in a twisted smirk.

Bowing at the waist, his right hand rested upon his stomach through his jacket. "My name is Kouichi, a student here. Though i do not believe we have met. A pleasure." His gazed lifted from its lowered spot. Locking up at the female. Following her gaze, only to find it scanned the very hallway they occupied. "Hmm, is there a creature that makes itself invisible?" He asked, a confused expression now capturing his face. His eyelids, a notable fact, they never opened. Not once since he encountered her, had he opened his eyes.

3Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The clip-clop of shoes was more than loud enough to catch Angelica's attention. She shifted, stopping where she was. Was this another student? A Vampire student maybe? The idea didn't bother her, perhaps it was Mikel? But she'd never noticed Mikel making so much noise when he walked.

Her heart thudded, and for a moment she was certain that it could be heard, echoing through the halls. But she realized that it was foolish for her to think that way. She was the only one who could hear her heart thumping.

She inhaled deeply, hoping to steady her heart. And it obliged, seemingly willingly. She took a moment though, to look over the man she'd encountered. He carried a sword, that she could tell. But with him shrouded in the darkness, it made it far to hard to observe him.

She was grateful though, when he stepped into the light, and even introduced himself. Wet, white curls fell over her face as she tilted her head. Was he...training? At this hour? She gave him a smile, although she wasn't sure if his eyes were open or not.

"Angelica. It's nice to meet you too." she bent at the waist, and gave him a bow. Cultures always gave a bow when meeting a new person, and while this baffled her a little, she still followed the tradition.

"Uhm..no, no monster or anything...the hallways are just a little...scary at night, that's all." she told him, a little reluctant. It wasn't always a good thing to admit to people what you are afraid of. And she had no idea if she should be afraid of this man before her. He carried a sword and hadn't opened his eyes just yet. It made her wonder why...but she didn't ask. If he wanted her to know, she assumed that he'd tell her.

"So...you couldn't sleep too huh?" she ask softly, folding her arms behind her back and wandering a little more, continuing to watch the shadows...one could never be too careful.

4Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"Sleep? Hmm, I suppose... Indeed, something stirred me from a moments rest." With a shrug, he stepped beside her. His flat body faced her, though he faced ahead of them both. "Shall we face the darkness together than?"

His face held a twisted grin. His eyelids still closed. Like a madman, he gazed at the darkness. Like had had been down many dark paths before, he seemed accustom to them. In fact, the illumination of his hair dimmed, only to find a new place to rest. The only clues of it's location was the shine within the confines of his right jacket pocket.

His foot steps began again, and pulled him ahead of the girl. "Come now... If we stay still, we may turn to trees." A horrible joke if ever one was heard.

His wooden sandals began to clop once more. Spinning on his heel, he continued backwards. His right hand lifted from the pocket, allowing the wild sparking bolts to freely shine. His eyes for the first time, opened and revealed the ice blue hues with electricity behind them.

The reason he did not sleep was far from being unable to. His body ached to sit still. In fact, his quest at the late hours was to waste some of the built up energy. Hoping to get quite far out into the wooded areas to discharge. Instead he caught himself an interesting encounter.

The fun was too tempting. The young swordsman's gaze shot to the girl's eyes. With those almond shaped eyes, he continued to grin. Almost theatrically, he pushed the sword up away from the sheath. Causing it to clink in the silent air. The steel that was peeked out, glistened in the moonlight.

"No matter if they are real or fake. If the nightmares show themselves, I will cut them. To sooth your trembling soul, I'll play the role of Dream Killer." Still, he stared at her. Cold, collected. Analyzing everything they took in. Picking apart the very details of even the sweetest things. He played the role well, for it was one of his hobbies. Performance, but his was much more the street side, magic and slashing of swordplay.

5Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

The idea of tackling her fear with a companion was an alluring idea. She could turn to her new companion if she got too afraid, and his presence would help her over-come the fear in itself...because she wouldn't want him to see her so scared.

Really though, for the short amount of time she'd been walking, she hadn't encountered any monsters, or even other people. That's why she found it so odd that Kouichi was still awake and moving. She knew that she should be in bed. So why wasn't he? She mentally checked herself though...she was still up. His reasons didn't matter. All she knew is that he was here.

She started to follow, a smile on her face. She had to walk a little faster to keep up with him, since her legs weren't as long as his.

She giggled softly at his joke. Trees! Sometimes she'd like to be able to turn into a tree, and just expierence the wonderful world around her. But that was impossible for her, so she'd have to settle with what she could handle.

She blinked at the sudden light, watching carefully. How amazing! He could produce electricty like she could produce ice. She tilted her head again, watching him. "I wish I could walk backwards like that." she commented, noting how easy it seemed for him. Her crystal eyes shifted though, back to his face, happy to see his eyes now. Such an intense color!

She blinked again. This man was full of suprises. The sword didn't bother her all that much, she didn't particuarly like it, but that mostly stemmed from her lack of knowledge on how to use it. He was promising to protect her from nightmares, so surely he didn't mean to use that on her.

"Well, thank you." she told him, giving him a gracious smile. She liked him because of all the suprises. Maybe tonight could be fun, afterall.

6Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"No problem. This may yet to work in both our favors." Without snapping the blade tight once more, he chuckled and continued to lead the way backwards. As if he knew his directions. Not the directions of any specific spot. Still, when a turn came, he turned. Though it seemed more luck than anything.

"It's not hard... C'mon I'll teach you." He came to a sudden halt. Though due to how he moved, his body seemed to sway more than most would. "Stand next to me."

Oh this was indeed going to be fun. Teaching something new to someone, always an entertaining process. It wasn't the success he enjoyed. It was the continued attempts and multiple fails. He found adaptation to be fun to observe. So that he too could adapt.

"You've already seen why I am awake... So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to explain.." His smile faded into a small smirk, it seemed like his natural default. "I am like a human electrical conductor. Naturally conducting a certain amount of electricity. On top of collecting static charge. Every so often... I have to discharge some." Still he held a chuckle in his voice.

"So what can you do, Angelica-san? What special feature brought you here?" This subject change made his grin return. Oh more fun facts. Like an infinite source of random fun facts, this school made him very happy. This new acquaintance may merely be a fun fact of life, but like the rest of the friends he had made already, he intended to study them all.

7Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She continued to watch him carefully, not in a predatory way though, more like simple observation. Her crystal eyes had a hard time though, staying away from those intense blue eyes. And idly, she wondered why she felt like drowning every time she looked at him directly. But she suspected that it was her own imagination more than anything.

A thin white eyebrow rose though. What did he mean 'both our favors'? What did he plan to lead her into? She chewed on her lip a moment, but decided not to worry about it right now. She'd cross that bridge when she came to.

She stopped though, when he did, and followed his instructions. She blushed softly. "I'll probably fall..." she told him, rubbing the back of her head softly. A concussion isn't exactly what she wanted at this moment...or even a headache.

She listened quietly though, curiousity ringing a bell. So that's why he didn't sleep...all that electricty coursing through him all the time. Poor guy...he probably wanted to sleep more than anything, or to have a pleasant dream of sorts, but he couldn't. She did wonder about this 'discharge' process though. Was this like his sleep? Could he dream like that? She started to ask, but held her tongue. Twenty questions wasn't exactly polite, especially with someone she'd just met.

Her crystal eyes brightened though, and so did her smile when he ask her what brought her here. "I'm an ice elemental. I can sort of do the same thing you can...like this, watch." she told him. She pressed both her hands together, and pulled them apart slowly. In between her hands was a very rough replica of the sword that hung at his side, in it's sheath. There were no major details on it, but it was made completely of crystal clear ice.

Once she was done, she held it out for him with a smile. "Pretty neat, huh?" she sounded like a child, talking about a new bike.

8Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

His eyes opened wider as his female companion began to present her 'gifts'. His left hand lazily resting on the hilt once more. Contrary to any excitement, his eyes became hallow. Something deep inside him came to a screeching halt. A 'Fight or Flight' mode of sort. An empty, lunacy. As though on auto-pilot. A swift step back with his right foot. His left hand twisted slightly, and all five fingertips pinched the hilt. Ice, why did it have to be ice?

"An amazing ability indeed. If you would though, please.... No more ice..." His voice actually shook. The slight change in air temperature, it was chilled. Another step back. An attempt not to lash out. Not to draw his sword. Ice was bad for him, and it was only natural to get rid of the bad. At least that was his logic at the moment.

His gaze locked on her hands. That was where the ice came from when she did that. It held his attention in both amazement and fear. "I am so sorry, but I conduct electricity. Cold is bad for my lil' electrons." There was a failing attempt. Kouichi really didn't know much about factual scientific knowledge. intelligent but not smart. He could really say he knew anything, but randomly spout some good tid bits here and there.

9Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She shifted a litte, watching him carefully. She saw the change in him, watched as his whole attitude changed. She quickly shattered the ice sword and let the broken pieces fall to her feet. By sunrise, they'd be melted and absorbed by the stone.

His words cut her, almost as if he'd cut her with his sword. Even though she'd just met him, it took her back to the years before. When she'd been perscuted for something that wasn't her fault. Would he throw things at her like those people had done to her? Would he call her names and such. She frowned, but locked her hands behind her, and put on a smile.

"Don't worry...I don't use it a lot. And I understand...a lot of people are disturbed by what I can do." she really meant it. There wasn't a lot of cause for her to use her ability, unless someone needed ice for their drink.

After his explaination though, she found it a little more understandable. Cold was bad for him, and she could accept that. It didn't mean that they couldn't be friends.

"So, are you gonna teach me to walk backwards?"

10Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"Ya' don't scare me... I just prefer not to fall comatose." He chuckled. As the ice shattered it was a weight lifted. Once more he straightened up, facing her. His eyelids slammed shut, and he chuckled. "You're abilities make you special, no matter who else can sue it. They will never use it like you."

Something of a rare occasion, when he not only made sense, but sounded rather logical also. The question was if it helped. Still, ice. It sent shivers down his spine. Pulling his jacket closed, he zipped it up. Like a child who had a genius moment. He smiled brightly. "All safe."

Now he stood in a rather relaxed, and even lazy manner. "It's easy, ya' just walk in reverse really." Which oddly enough, he did exactly that. Pushing himself up on his toes, leaning back, and then taking a new step. Balance that he worked on for years. Though it seemed much more than just balance, he didn't sway or stumble. It was more like controlling his center of gravity. "You gotta move with the step, not the follow through."

11Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Despite the moment of pain she'd felt, and the brief nostalgia that washed over her, she felt relaxed now. She even giggled a little when he zipped up his jacket. He was a swordsman, and she very seriously doubted that she could even form an ice blade before took a protective stance. Not that she was any good at fighting...

She nodded though, to his comments. Never before had she met anyone like herself, with the ability to conjure ice at will, so maybe he was right. Maybe she was the best at it, because there was no one else like her. But there had been others, and that did give her some bleak hope that she could meet someone else like her, who did what she did.

She watched him carefully, and attempted to do what he did. It worked great at first, but quickly turned to disaster. No sooner than she'd gotten two steps out of the way, she started to fall backwards. It really happened too fast for her to control.

Contact with hard stone was a real bone breaker when it wanted to be, but she was quick enough to at least cover the back of her head with her hands. The jolt did take the breath out of her, and she winced. "Owie."

12Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:30 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

His smiling face dulled down. His pace slowed to a halt. Hmm, perhaps that was a bit too quick of a crash course? It was like his body shifted gears, one could see his balance become shifted one more. "Oh, that looked like it was unpleasant." With a hand that was wrapped within the sleeve of his jacket, he reached out.

The end of the jacket continued past his hands, and even hung over a it. His hand was obviously extended to help her up though. "No problems, we will work on it."

With a nod, he looked between her, and the very hallway they occupied. As though working on some strategy to make sure she could walk backwards. He could always do it the old fashioned way. Just let her hold his shoulders and walk. No, that seemed like a horrible idea. What other ideas could work? Pillows! Wait, no pillows to be found.

"Right then shall we try again?" His hand still extended. His smile setting itself to default once more as he awaited her to either accept or refuse his gesture of help.

13Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She wanted to scream...to let loose all the frustration she felt at this moment. She wasn't graceful or poised, and probably never would be. She was just too much of a klutz. She'd always been like that; barely able to walk forward on her own two feet.

She looked up at him with glassy eyes. Even though she wasn't crying and she had managed to cover the back of her head, so that her hands took all the damage, she still felt jarred. She managed a smile though and took his hand, careful to only touch the jacket. She didn't need him getting sick or anything. Once she was back up on her feet, she rubbed the back of her head again.

"Hmm...it was, and it smarted!" she said with a soft laugh. She was getting her baring back again. "I think I'll skip it and just watch you, if that's okay? Thanks for trying to help." She stopped rubbing the back of her head.

"Lets continue on with our journey to not be afraid of the dark anymore." she told him, folding her arms behind her back again, and moving to stand beside him and gave him a sweet smile.

14Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"As you wish..." With a nod, he turned his back ahead of her. And continued to follow her lead. He stayed silent, as though he had lost any ideas of conversation. Still, his lazy way of walking continued. Swaying side to side, throwing his weight around so effortlessly. He thought, what subjects could they share in converse on?

"How did your family feel about you coming here?" He asked, he truly seemed at loss. A skill he lacked. Idle chit-chat and even in depth. He was no good at it. "Did they want you to come? Fight it? Do they even know?"

At least he was trying, very hard too. Judging on how his head tilted side to side. His lips curled into that silent smirk. His eye lids sealed shut. In fact, due to the expression behind it, his face resembled a fox mask from any asian festival. "What about friends? Did you have any before? Do you miss them?" These were all questions he himself answered once. Though hoped not to answer them again.

The sword bouncing off his thigh every now and then. Though with his clothing, he seemed more like a simple street thug. His actions betrayed such a portrait. Instead gave him a sense of performance. Without a sense of self. "Though your past is your past. Even if I turn to look back on it, I'll still be moving forward. I'll never experience it as well. Sooo~!" He chimed, as he gave the second option to answers. "Instead of dwelling on each of our pasts. We should work hard for those in front of us now. To make them smile and happy, no?"

15Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

He talked...well, like he was from somewhere else. But it seemed only sometimes that he did this. She studied him for a moment, before returning her gaze to the hallways, searching, watching. Why should she be afraid though? Her companion didn't seem to be afraid.

She blinked when he started asking questions. Not because she didn't want to answer, but because they came out of no-where. Angelica wasn't the type of person who was uncomfortable with silence, but she did like to fill it with idle chatter. She listened quietly, wandering aimlessly. She shifted and dropped her arms to her sides as she walked.

"You're right, but I'll answer anyway." she smiled playfully. "I'm orginally from the United States, and I doubt my parents even know or care where I am right now. They couldn't handle their only child being a freak, like me." she tried to sound easy going about it, she really did, but she couldn't keep the pain from her voice. "I came here because a close family friend told me about this mysterious castle somewhere in Ireland, and well, here I am." she grinned now, a soft giggle making it's way from her lips, happy with where she was now.

"I'm glad to just be alive, and I've found a wonderful place to learn and make new friends." she gestured to all around her. "Are you happy here?" she ask him softly. She wouldn't put him through twenty questions, but she was geninuely curious if he liked it here. Most everyone seemed to be happy.

A question formed in her mind though, as she walked. Where were the Vampire students at this hour? She glanced around the halls again. Kouichi's shoes made loud noises as they walked, so why hadn't they attracted the attention of students who were more awake and alert at night. Surely they'd want to come investigate the noises? She wondered if they were otherwise occupied with other things...perhaps studying or relaxing or maybe something else a little darker. Was the castle so big that they didn't notice things?

Or maybe her companion was a frequent visitor of these halls at this hour. She supposed that anything was possible.

16Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

The hallway was a dark empty place the loomed with silence during the night, which made it perfect time for Mikel to be out in the halls and to enjoy the crisp freedom of being able to walk around freely. As usual the seemingly young gentleman was dressed for style; a nice pair of black dress pants, black shiny shoes that seemed to illuminate the moon, a bright white shirt that had only one flaw of the black and silver tie that held down, untied and hanging in two pieces across his chest. Arms were held tight against his sides and chest, as one hand propped the others elbow a single hand raised and poised against his chin with a single finger raised up pressing along the paled cheek.

He stood, just in the shadows, as still as the knight armor suits stood on either side of his form. Close to the wall, and his head tilted up to watch the painting before him come alive. Grey orbs danced along the surface of the oil painted treasure. A sea of loneliness painted within the forest of nowhere land with a single maiden laid across a rock as her dying prince laid on the ground encircled by a halo of light. With a deep breath Mikel tightened his jaw, that click-clacking sound echoing through the hallways like a stick against stone. His head shook and for a moment as his attention was once more brought to the painting that hung on the wall. The sound of the regular click-clacking getting closer as he only pushed it out of his mind.

That Smell. He recognized that smell from a few meetings before, even a conversation or two. With a deep breath his eyes seemed to light up with fainting colors as he knew who was coming down the hall directly towards him. So carefully he took a few silent steps out from the shadows, just in time to come into view of the two walking down the hall maybe five or ten feet away from their current position. His head turned, covered with the shag of the miscolored hair the darting eyes looked over to see Lillith walking with a fellow that seemed to be from a place in the past, with his wooden shoes echoing around the hallway. That’s what it was. How could he not recognize the sound of wooden sandals? Perhaps he was really out of touch with his history.

His head shook and with that pushed the hair from his eyes, then he stared at the two as they came through. With that familiar dashing smile crossing his lips, he bowed from the hip towards the two, then his attention was drawn towards Lillith. ’’Hello my dear Lillith, it’s quite late I’m very surprised to see you out here in the halls.’’ He smiled and then turned his attention to the boy and gave him a nod of his head as his hand shot out to greet in a handshake. ’’My name is Mikel Morrigan, pleasure to meet you.’’

17Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"That's good you are happy." He chuckled, spinning on his heel. Listening to her talk. "Hmmm, if they did not accept you then they were scared. People fear power." His motions mocked that of a puppets. The question that stayed was, about friends. Still he didn't bother to ask. He was satisfied with the answers.

Then she asked. Was he happy? That was an odd question to ask. It made him lift his head and think about it. "It's really quiet here... The people are really nice. The school is a very peaceful place..." He commented with a shrug. As though he lost where he was going with the rant. "Though, to say I'm happy would be stretching the truth very thin."

He chuckled at her, as though he found it funny that she would ask him though. Such was when the second newcomer revealed himself. Kouichi's left hand twisting and taking hold the sheath. Thumb braced against the hand guard. Ready to draw his sword. His gaze locking on the man.

His smirking face never faded. Focused, calculating. This man knew her. And that was enough to hesitate. To wait until he was given word. "Kouichi." He replied, his voice hallow.

18Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She smiled sweetly at him, but she wondered why he wasn't happy...what could be so bad about this place? She shrugged though. She supposed that everyone had their own reasons for what they felt. She shifted a little next to him, and grinned again.

"Well, so far, I'm rather enjoying myself." she commented. And then silence fell between them. It seemed to her that the silence was more because each one understood the other, and she took a moment to reflect. He'd said that people feared power, and maybe that was true, but Angelica was a few degrees shy of harmless. There wasn't a lot that she could do except freeze a person to death, but she'd never do that.

And then the thought about the Vampire students echoed in her mind again. Where were they? What were they doing? She looked to her companion again, still smiling.

And then, as though he had read her mind, which was wasn't altogether sure that he couldn't do, he appeared. Mikel stepped from the shadows, looking handsomely rougish, like always. Her heart skipped a beat and she blushed, looking up at him. "Hello Mikel, a pleasure to see you again, as always." she commented, and then looked to her companion. He seemed...uncomfortable. Had he and Mikel not yet met? Mikel introduced himself as though he'd never met the man. Maybe that was a good thing.

She did recall that Kouichi was a little antsy around new comers. He'd been ready to draw his sword on her just a little while ago. Although, she was sure that Mikel could cause a lot more damage than she was capable of. "Kouichi was just accompanying me on a bit of an adventure, since I couldn't sleep." she explained, smiling. "Would you like to join us? If you don't mind..." she looked to Kouichi to make sure it was okay with him, and then back to Mikel, and back again.

19Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

The man before Kouichi smelled of something. Though Kouichi was human, he knew the scent of blood well. His nostrils flared out. gaze locked as though he did not trust this Mikel. Relaxing just a slight bit more, his gaze was turned away. Back to the girl who had been so scared moments before. She was blushing? A fun subject to toy with later on.

His thumb slid away from the hand guard. Ignoring the new man for a moment, he nodded. "If you wish him to join us, then he may." Bowing his head, Kouichi turned and stepped past Mikel. Allowing him to have the spot next to her. Once more he began to spin on his heel. Alternating from one foot to the other.

"Sei o uke sorezore ga jinsei o ouka nou no burakku bokkusu o shiru sore wa kou ka? You wa rimitto rain o subete ryouga saa ikou ka fumidasu sore wa kyou da..." He began to sing to himself. Allowing the two who accompanied him some time.

20Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

He stood there for a few moment, watching the boy at Lillith’s side and wanted to sneer at the fact this man was ready to just attack Mikel without any pretense, but he held it in and pulled his hand back when the boy didn’t return his hand shake. How strange, yet some people were. A shake of his head before he smiled once again towards Lillith as Kouichi just walked by him, singing a song that spoke with the strangest of words. Still his head shook free of such dangerous thoughts before he smiled once again looking at Lillith, one hand raised and brushed the mess of hair from his face for a moment before he crooked his elbow at chest height, bowed slightly offering his arm out towards Lillith. ’’It’s a pleasure to see you as well Miss Lillith, I’m quite surprised to see you out so late..’’

He took a few steps forwards, so he would start walking at Lillith’s side when she pried him to move. His eyes searched over the dark corners of the hallway, for only a moment before his attention returned to the awkward boy that was walking before him. ’’I would be honored to join you and your friend Kouichi in a walk through the darkened mysterious halls.’’ His attention was once more caught by the light haired girl that stood at his side, her crystal eyes always caught his attention which made the cherished smile that Lillith and himself knew all to well. ’’What pries such eyes from restful sleep? Is the heat too much for your delicate nature?’’ He gave out a soft laugh, like gentle ancient chimes ringing in the distance, his humor was delicate in manner meaning no ill will.

21Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She stood, a little taken back by the young man. Kouichi didn't seem like the type of person who would let someone else intrude without insistance from someone else, but she was glad none-the-less. She watched as he moved out ahead of them, her crystal eyes curious.

What was that song he was singing? She was a little more than ashamed of herself, that she hadn't had the time to study the Japanese language, even though she'd really wanted to. But she could speak French pretty well. She shrugged and looked back to Mikel. Her crystal eyes looked him over again. It was close to impossible not to notice him. He might blend in on a busy street, but at Caislin the man could be the shining star.

She took his offered arm, still blushing a little, and smiled up at him. "I'm glad we ran into you." she told him softly, flushing. "I'm afraid it might be too warm in my room. I tried a cold shower, but the second I left the cold water I started to feel sick. I thought maybe a walk might help me relax a little, so I can get to sleep when I return." she explained, glancing around the halls once more.

With Mikel and Kouichi, she didn't feel so afraid anymore. Of course, that left the question of could she brave them alone? She supposed she could, but she wouldn't know for sure until she tried. Maybe she could worry about that later. Right now, she was just enjoying the company. She smiled, walking along, her arm through Mikel's. "What brings you inside on such a nice night?" she ask, looking up at him.

22Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"Yappa hibi wa ika sen kou sotsunaku konashite'cha no no
sutoppu nagare o mikiwamena mazu mono to mo sezu ikou ze here we go.
" He continued to sing, Passing the time in his own manner. It was easier with Mikel around at least. No idle chit-chat from Kouichi was needed. Why did this man, who posed no threat, smell like blood? Though he sang just loud enough so that the other two knew he was still alive, he was off in his own world thinking.

Shrugging the notion from his mind, Kouichi spun on his heel and chuckled. "Now then, as we now have more than three people... I suppose we should do this properly this time." Grasping the sheath, as he had just moments before. His head bowed more respectfully this time. "Apologies for my earlier display. One can not be to safe, when treading the darkness. Wouldn't you agree?"

He never halted though. His pace kept ahead of them just enough. Still off balance and awkward looking as he walked. White and blue electrical sparks jumped from the tips of his spiked hair.His right arm dangled lazily at his side. He felt uneasy. Perhaps it was simply the need to discharge that drove sanity to its brink. It was uncomfortable, like laying on a bed of needles, or broken glass.

23Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Mikel

Mikel
Bronze
Bronze

He walked as Lillith started and followed her steps carefully so he didn’t pull ahead or drag behind her. His arm but held out as she linked her arm through and he followed the foot steps of the boy prior to the engagement. Taking in a deep breath his head shook only slightly as Lillith spoke, the heat really bothered her, perhaps he should be more helpful and switch rooms with her since his was accustom for his…Special needs. ’’Well it does get really hot and humid in the walls especially in such closed quarters, can’t even open the window though because a bird or something might fly in..’’ He gave a bit of a laugh before he lifted his free hand and gently patted against Lillith’s arm then it returned to his side and slipped into the pocket of his suit jacket.

Walking with her still, his head raised and turned at every little thing. He went from looking at the decorative ceiling, to the marble floor, then to the art work on the wall and even the art work in the windows themselves. The song that the boy sung ahead of him was slightly catchy in the new language, perhaps he’d actually spend some time learning the language before he divulged himself into greeting people with such strange words. Then again Lillith’s voice caught his attention, that familiar smile crossing over his lips once again as the grey hazy orbs glanced over to Lillith to see she was actually looking up at him. He smiled down at her before speaking, ’’Well… With the new district coming into play, the quiet necessity of the woods that I need to…Sustain myself has become quite a hassle to deal with…So I skipped it tonight, might try to go and find a new spot tomorrow night…’’

His smile wouldn’t fade as he walked with her through the hallways, peering down the other ways of the school that shot off from this particular hallway. He thought to ask the boy what brought him out here into the dark halls at such a time of night, but he decided against it since the boy had seemed uneasy about the appearance of Mikel, perhaps it was going to be harder than he thought to be around these people while he brought the taste of death with a simple kiss. But, before his mind could plunge into these thoughts of darkness and blood, Kouichi started to speak and caught his attention as sharp eyes lifted and looked upon the boy before him. ’’No need to apologize, it is but human instinct not to trust those around you.’’ He held back the rolling of his eyes at the word ‘human’ as much as he looked it, he surely didn’t feel like it especially around people who were instantly uneasy around him.

24Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Being with Mikel was easy. He was smart, sweet, charming, and even funny when he wanted to be. Maybe that's why she was so happy she'd run into him. Or maybe it was the way he smiled at her...it was hard to tell. Then again, it was easy to be with Kouichi too. He didn't talk much, but she could tell that they'd be good friends with a little effort. After-all, he was the only person here who was closest to her ability. And he seemed in control of it for the most part.

She nodded a little at Mikel and grinned playfully. "It's alright though, on cold days I don't mind so much. And I'd love the company in that room." she told him. She could imagine it now, the window open on a hot summer day and birds of all kinds scattered about her room. The idea made her shiver a little. Imagine the bird poop! She supressed her giggle and shook her head.

After a moment though, she did mirror Mikel. She looked around, taking a brief moment to admire the artwork. She would have to remember to come back during the day, so she could really admire it. But when Mikel talked, her attention went back to him, however slow her head turn might look. She flushed a little, knowing what he meant when he spoke of substance. It must be terribly hard to find a willing donor. But the will to live was a strong one, and so she was sure that he'd do what was necessary when it came right down to it.

But she couldn't view him as evil...it just wasn't possible. He was to special to be evil. Perhaps one day she'd be brave enough to ask him how he'd been turned into a Vampire. She nodded though, an idea forming. Maybe she could talk to him about it later, when they were alone.

She eyed Kouichi and grinned when she saw the sparks coming from his hair. He really was charged up, no wonder the poor guy had barely stopped moving since they started. She covered her mouth in a soft giggle and layed aganist Mikel for a moment. He was so nice, even though she could tell there was a harsh retort forming. It was all in his eyes and face. She wondered if he knew how bright his eyes got when he had something to say that would defend himself.

She laughed again and bit her lip. "Mikel, are you really the Dark Prince of Pari'e?" she ask softly, barely above a whisper. She'd wanted to ask, but it just occured to her to actually do it.

25Overcoming a fear Empty Re: Overcoming a fear Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:55 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Aizawa Kouichi
Bronze
Bronze

"I'm amazed you know what such a word means... Human." his tone changed. As though triggered by Mikel. He spotted it, the way this man spoke of substance. As the sparks began to intensify, Kouichi's eyes opened. They held a painful glare. Locked on the two. His left hand gripping tighter to the sheath.

His stare was intense. Electricity dancing wildly within the glass like orbs that rested in his head. "Such a touching reunion... Anyways, can we continue, or shall I discharge here?" His knees began to bend and extend like he was trying to hop. Imitating a child when it needed to go to the bathroom. His smile instantly flipped into a frown.

Granted, Mikel had no clue what he meant. Kouichi and Lillith had already discussed it. Though he had no proof, an electrical discharge could effect more than just him. It seemed rather bothersome if to let loose there on spot.

Wait, was the new district mentioned? Or was that earlier? This began to distort with discomfort. Time seemed to creep on, and Kouichi could feel his heart beat in his chest. His legs moved on their own. Though he did not leave them, he did distance himself. Taking precautions to his unstable state.

His heel pressed to the ground. Spinning him around like a fool. He danced, with no strings and no guide. He swayed from side to side, throwing his weight around to shift his center of gravity. It was a curse, not being able to sit still at these times. When peace was welcomed, no rest was found.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum