Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
The song of Sorrow/CLOSED I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

The song of Sorrow/CLOSED

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The song of Sorrow/CLOSED Empty The song of Sorrow/CLOSED Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Sarthas

Sarthas
No Rank
No Rank

The wind whistled through the trees, teasing the ears with its playful voice on this foggy early spring morning. Birds sang in the treetops, oblivious to the troubles of the world around them. Content to live out their lives with the simple pleasure of having existed. Below the canopy of the branches among the rows of endless trunks a small stream gurgled and danced its way along. It bounced over rocks and twisted and turned along the forest floor without a care in the world passing a man knelt by its banks clad in darkness before vanishing far in the distance. The man didn't move, as if he were nothing more than a dark statue as he stared into his reflection, seemingly fascinated by the way the water warped and twisted his deathly pale features. The black cloth of his clothing was stained in many places with the crimson of blood and countless stitches marred its surface. There next to him upon the bank sat a small box that lay open from its recent use. Several needles of various sizes filled the object as well as a spool of thin black thread.

A small bird twittered its song as it landed next to the statue of a man, hopping to the edge of the bank to catch a drink of the cool water that passed before them. Suddenly the creature reacted. His arm shot out with blinding speed snatching the bird from the earth and holding it tightly in his fist. Slowly he turned his head to look upon the tiny bird, half of his face hidden by the vale of the dark cowl that covered his head. Words left his lips, hollow and empty as if he were speaking from a far away place. “Sing for me....” Slowly he began to tighten his grip, the small bird squawking as it struggled in a futile effort to free itself. The birds in the treetops above fell silent with the cry of warning from one of their own, letting a feeling of tense apprehension fall over the forest. Tilting his head slightly to the side, the man tightened his grip further, crushing the life from it as bones let out a sickening snap when they gave way. Opening his hand he stared at the broken body of bird with a distant gaze. Once more his words found the air around him in a quiet whisper. “Can you sing for me now....my angel?” The corner of his lips twitched slightly as if remembering something from a previous life. With the turn of his wrist the bird fell from his palm to the earth, landing with a quiet thump upon a bed of leaves.

Sarthas rose to his feet, turning his gaze from the corpse to a large castle far in the distance. The empty darkness of his once brown eyes devouring the light as they settled upon his destination. A soft breeze rustled over his dark figure, making his thick torn and tattered cloak flutter slightly with its gentle touch. For the final time his voice broke the silence in the forest, filling the air with its quiet whispered tone. “Sing of tomorrow and the end of all things. Let me hear your voice and I shall dance to its music as I cut away the rot this world has to offer.” His lips curled into a sneer. “...and I will be the last...of the rot purged.” With these final words he slowly began walking forward, leaving the bird to its fate and forest to its silence.

(Exit to Courtyard.)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum