Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//Closed: A Disappointing Shot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot Empty //Closed: A Disappointing Shot Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

The crack of a gunshot echoed in the forest. The repeated reverberation across the bark of the trees as the sound waves bounced from tree to tree hid the direction of the source as efficiently as the Irish fog that clung to the trees concealed the shooter from sight. As the slug sped through the air, a tiny portion of the fog parted at the bullet’s point like gray cloth being sheared in two, while in the bullet’s wake, the swirling mist filled in the empty air again like water flooding a canal until the path was undetectable.

A second crack filled the air as the bullet burrowed into a tree. The bark around the impact shattered and fell to the forest floor like brown stained glass, the dew making it glisten. Freshly wounded wood splintered at the site of penetration and sap bled from the hole. For a few seconds, there was silence, and then the soft shuffle of booted feet stepping across the lush grass filled the foggy air. “I hit it… but I was off my mark,” muttered Gunnar in his gruff voice as he lifted a finger and pressed at the hole in the tree. He felt the sticky sap wet his fingertip. Analyzing the tree, he dragged his fingertip across the its surface, traversing exposed, young wood and then bark until he felt the tears of sap again. His finger stopped at the criss-cross of two slashes in the bark made by his bowie knife earlier. “Roughly… a foot,” he grumbled under his breath. Gunnar let his hand fall back to his side after wiping the sap off onto his jeans.

“I don’t like this place,” he concluded with a shake of his head, speaking under his breath. “There’s too much dang fog. It makes it difficult to get a straight shot.” Turning he walked back into the mist, making his way carefully between the trees. So far, he had not yet found a suitable place to stand in for a shooting range.

Last edited by Gunnar Sigmond on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.freewebs.com/stolen_random_character_second

2//Closed:  A Disappointing Shot Empty Heading for Home Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

With a shake of his head, Gunnar decided it was time to move on to something else. The heavy mist that obscured the forest as well as large white bed sheets had been hung up to dry across clotheslines spanning every tree wasn’t going to let him get off a proper shot. Disappoint clung to him as much as the fog did the Irish landscape, seeping into every fiber of his being until he was saturated with it. Holstering his firearm, Gunnar took a tally of all of his equipment by tapping his fingers across all of it: guns, knife… everything else, it was all there. Satisfied that he hadn’t managed to lose something, he headed back towards the castle with a heavy heart. It was his current home, but it was just as unfamiliar to him as the gloomy woods.

http://www.freewebs.com/stolen_random_character_second

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum