Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Procuring the Perfect Pattern I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Procuring the Perfect Pattern

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Procuring the Perfect Pattern Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 am

The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer
Bronze
Bronze

The ebbing light of the setting sun glinted on the glass of the ornate windows of the library. While there were no stars yet in the sky, facets in the panes created motes that twinkled like fairies trapped in the glass. Shadows skulked between the bookcases, beneath the chairs, and along the steps of the spiraling stairs—they were the only visitors at this late hour. They hovered near the tomes like silhouettes of students with necks bent to read the words stamped across the spines.

A new shade appeared with the rustling of fabric. The soft thump of his feet on the carpeted floor announced that the newcomer was more substantial than the shadows. Amidst the darkness, the Puppeteer stood with his cane in hand and top hat perched on his head. “I win,” chuckled a satisfied tenor. The words were little more than a whisper that haunted the otherwise silent and expansive chamber.

While the Puppeteer was not unaccustomed to working in twilight or less, it was hardly suitable for the task at hand. Not even his considerable talents allowed him to read while the sunlight crept from the room like a tired man. Turning, the Puppeteer sought the doorway into the library. Luck would have it that his teleporting had landed him practically in front of it. When he saw the shadowy protrusion of the light switch, he flicked it.

A brilliance as bright as the brightest day burst from the chandeliers overhead, each a construct with cleverly hidden bulbs so that one could only see the glistening glass that dangled overhead. “Ah, much better!” exclaimed the man. Pausing in front of the doorway, he surveyed the storeroom of books neatly stacked on the shelves of dozens of bookcases, perhaps there were even hundred as much of the library was hidden from his view by the bookcases themselves.

http://www.freewebs.com/stolen_random_character_second

2Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Re: Procuring the Perfect Pattern Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Heels clicked against the flooring of the school hallways, each sharp note forewarning to her growing agitation. She was here to help the Puppeteer with a most devilish costume and he simply vanishes on her. Lips tainted a light blue-gray curved in a frown as she moved towards the Library, hints of past emotions lingering on her tongue. She moved towards the large double doors and reach for the ornate handle.

Darkness was nothing to the Unseelie. She could see with or without the light of the moon, though even her skill would have been tested by the twilight hours coupled with a book. It would have been far too taxing… It was also something she didn’t need to worry about. Light blinded her as she pulled open the Library doors, air forced through barely parted teeth to sound a hiss. Her eyes dilated; gray consuming all but a ring of silver around the pupils. Oh how she hated the light.

“I see you arrived unharmed… Stay here while I find what I need.” Her voice was a whisper in the hauntingly quiet room. She gave the Puppeteer but a moment to respond, though no matter his reaction she would walk towards the rows of books at her side. Quickly scanning the titles to hunt out the perfect one she had in mind. She was curious to see if they had a video section… Kalika had witnessed the play once, in a perfectly set old theatre. The outfit would be lovely on the Puppeteer, dashing and mysterious all at once.

What a lovely idea indeed.

3Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Waiting Obediently Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:48 am

The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer
Bronze
Bronze

Luckily for the Puppeteer, the doors opened into the hall and not into the library itself, for if they had, Kalika surely would have throttled him pretty badly by throwing them open. The demon should be thankful for whoever had determined the convention that all doors open outward in the event of an emergency. It was the hiss that followed the creaking of the hinges that caught the Puppeteer’s attention the most. When he turned, he realized that it wasn’t any mechanism belonging to the doors that caused the sound but his Mistress. It seemed as if pain had shattered the mask she wore, and a small smirk tugged at the corners of the Puppeteer’s lips as he delighted in her discomfort, regardless of how brief it might be. At first, he had no idea what caused her ire, but then he noticed the darkness in the hall, the only difference between it and the library. Light! he realized, eyes widening as he examined her. She was a being of darkness, so it was only natural that the opposite would not set well with her, to say the least.

She recovered quickly enough it seemed, and he waited and watched her disappear between the rows of bookcases. “Stay here? What, am I some dog?” scoffed the Puppeteer. “I shan’t bark for you!” he called out to her so that she would hear him in the labyrinth of shelves. Despite his words, the Puppeteer stood near the entrance of the library where she had left him, arms crossed over his chest in annoyance. At least as he brooded, he had something to think about: how much Kalika detested light. Did it just bother her or did it honestly pain her, he pondered.

4Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Re: Procuring the Perfect Pattern Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

“Please, a dog would certainly have better manners than you could possibly muster.”
Lips curled in a snarl as she scoffed at his idea. She would certainly have preferred a canine companion, at least they were silent. That and they couldn’t make deals. Her nails danced across the spines of thousands of books, keen eyes easily scanning their titles. The dim light was of no concern to her, she could see fairly well even in the dark. She pulled the newest version of it off the shelf, dragging her finger across the beautifully dark cover. Dozens of forms written, her final conquest would be to find a decent play version.

Kalika shifted through the expanse of the library, taking only moments to find what she wanted before she returned to the Puppeteer.
“Le Fantôme de l'Opér.” Her words curled with the French words, purring out the title as she held up both the book and the latest movie. Grinning in a most feline fashion she tilted her head, “Come, I do believe there is one of those spots to actually watch this in the back.” Lashes fluttered in a most uncharacteristic wink as she turned and moved through the library once more. Kalika was both fae and an ancient being of darkness, though this shift to the modern world had taught her many things. For one, she knew how to use a video player, so long as she didn’t keep in direct contact for long. Iron in everything now a days.

If the Puppeteer chose to indulge in her whim and follow, she would lead him to the back and put the movie. With only minor tampering of the technology, she would let the show begin. Finding herself a seat to lounge in while they watched ‘Phantom of the Opera.’

5Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty A Little Movie Magic? Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer
Bronze
Bronze

He harrumphed in annoyance at her derisive statement. “I have plenty of manners, I just choose not to use them around you. Perhaps if you were better mannered yourself, I might be more inclined to say my ‘please’s and ‘thank you’s.” After his retort, the Puppeteer fell into an irritated silence. The only noises he made were the soft whisper of his inhales and exhales and the sigh of fabric settling on his frame as he shifted in impatience. “Will this be long?” he demanded at last, moments before she returned with her treasure.

Her statement, surely the title of whatever prize she’d procured from the shelves, hardly meant anything to the Puppeteer. While the words themselves were easily deciphered—he remembered much of the romance languages—anything that their stringing together might have revealed to the normal person, gave him little insight as to what she planned. Obedient, as always, the Puppeteer came when she beckoned him.

When she set about preparing the film for viewing, the Puppeteer admired the gadgets. Already, he had discovered and witnessed the marvels of many of man’s latest technologies, but even as the monitor flickered to life, the Puppeteer held his breath. Leave it to mortal men to work miracles that their betters would never have bothered with trying to create, assessed the ancient demon as he settled into the cushioned seat beside Kalika. He wondered how long it might be until the pattern she wanted him to design for himself would be unveiled. For the time being though, he was captivated and, perhaps, to Kalika, more importantly, silent and still as he watched the movie.

6Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Re: Procuring the Perfect Pattern Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 am

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Kalika tucked her feet beneath her, lithe frame easily cushioned by the luxurious chair she had chosen to perch upon. Settling against its ornate arm she relaxed as the movie flickered across her plane of vision; its accompanying melody was brilliant indeed. A flourish of actions and movements were halted near their climax as her digits pressed a single button. Movie frozen in time she tilted her head towards the Puppeteer, multi hued locks sliding across her shoulders like tired serpents. Motioning to the television she donned a secret little smile,
“That is what I think would be the best costume for you little Puppet Master.”

The smile slithered into a grin as she settled back against the arm, watching the man not three feet from her. She purred out her words, barb of her challenge safely hidden beneath the sugar coated tone,
“Do you think you can accomplish such a thing?” Cocking her head to the side she watched, waiting for only a moment until she clicked the movie back on. Figuring it was late; why not finish the grand show before putting the Puppeteers talents to the test once more?

For the rest of the movie she would be quiet, and expect the same of the Puppeteer. Once it was done however, she would take it from the player and return it to its case. Playbook held between index and middle she would extend her hand out to him,
“Incase you want to gain a better feel for it all.” She would drop it to his lap if he didn’t take it in a timely fashion. All done she put the movie back up before lightly patting her hands against her hips, as if ridding herself of the dust. She hardly bothered to think of the time they wasted or the hour of the night.

Kalika would spare the Puppeteer a final look, pause if he had anything to say though in the end it would hardly stop her from leaving the library. She had, after all, done her job of showing him what she had in mind for his outfit. Other than that, he was on his own.

[Exit Unless Stopped.]

7Procuring the Perfect Pattern Empty Creative Thoughts Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:48 pm

The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer
Bronze
Bronze

A suit, cape, and mask? That was her surprise costume for him? It’s simplicity was insulting, especially since he already wore the main component of the guise. Granted, while his suit would require a few alterations to match the style of the one worn by the character on the screen, it was hardly to be considered a challenge. A disdainful sneer settled on his lips for the early portions of the movie.

Had Kalika not made him sit through the length of the movie to observe the villain with all his machinations and passions, he truly might have been offended by her suggestion. Instead, a grin spread across his lips like the waxing of a mischievous moon eclipsing his former sneer. “Yes, I think that will do nicely,” he answered, the words leaving his lips as a whisper filled with awe. Already, the Puppeteer was distracted by a multitude of patterns swirling in his head like papers caught in an updraft, spinning in a zephyr of his imagination. The gentle thump of the playbook landing in his lap roused him from his reverie and he looked up to see Kalika slip out the door.

He didn’t bother trying to stop her—he had no desire to do so, instead; he was quite set on returning to his thoughts. The Puppeteer’s only goal at the moment was to do the character justice in his medium of cloth and fabric. When he donned the costume, he would no longer be The Puppeteer but the Phantom of the Opera. Reaching a hand down to his lap, he lifted the booklet and admired the stylized mask printed across its cover. The Puppeteer raised his other hand and traced the outline of the design with his index finger. There were so many tiny details he would have to perfect before he’d even begin fashioning the outfit from fabric instead of thoughts. Captured in his own mind, cutting cloth and stitching it together again, the Puppeteer might as well have been gone.

[Eventual exit]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum