Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
The other side of the coin - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

The other side of the coin

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:31 am

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Lips parted and lungs expanded as she took in the air around them, a taint rolling across her tongue and riling her monster. Oh it was a glorious sensation. That rush of power, that bite of malice. Something wanted her hide and it was rapidly consuming the boy before her. Their mindless conversing a stall for time, even she knew that much. Then again, a sense of curiosity overtook her. She wanted to see exactly what was happening with the boy.

“Perhaps then we are borderline acquaintances. Not friends, not enemies. I would no more trust you with my life than you would trust me with yours.” She rolled her shoulders in a shrug, arms rising with her fingers outstretched. Motioning around them with a grim little smile, “However, we have yet to tear each other apart which leaves the age old question of why.” She watched him step forward, her own monster settling just below the surface. Too close for comfort. “Why do you Fight? Why do you go on?” Another breath and she could taste his burning agony.

Riley shifted his stance and she edged towards the shadows, waiting to see his next move. The balance slowly tipping in his favor. Kalika tilted her head, silver lighting up her face as she watched his eyes. The boy she knew, on relative terms, was slowly fading. As if the darkness was dragging him away there was only a lingering hint of him against her senses. Lips curled in a slight frown as she gazed at the monster before her, she knew the beast well and yet this was the first time she had seen it.

Her own creature was beneath the surface, the monster tucked into every Unseelie’s soul. The monster destined to rip them all apart and tear their minds asunder. Yes, she knew this beast well. Her voice held the hallow notes of her own monster, darkness slowly engulfing the silver of her eyes. A disease spreading across her mind in the simplest form of survival,
“Hello there, I see you’ve finally come out to play. How wonderful.” She softly laughed that melody of a siren. Muscles stretched as she moved and waited….

Kalika didn’t have to wait long for his strike. He came at her faster than he should have, faster than the wounds should have allowed him. Oh yes, something was off and Kalika didn’t know if she hated or adored it. Through the monstrosities eyes she watched Riley, time slowing to a craw for a moment. She knew better than to grab for her blade, even as it started screaming in her ears. It was hungry for blood.

She was on the defensive, moving back into the shadows as Riley struck at her. Nonstop his power was enough to stun her if he could land the right blows. Every blow was blocked, not with as much ease as it should have been. Her body twisted and just as she was about to lash out at him, he finally hit his mark. His elbow smashed against her sternum and forced the oxygen from her lungs. Air or not, she lashed out, nails aimed to slice across his exposed side before she jumped back in the shadows. There was a dull roar of an ache where he had hit her, luckily nothing broken.

Kalika knew a bruise would form, albeit a light one. She snarled at the boy and withdrew her knife. The beast roared and darkness consumed her eyes as she held her dagger at the ready and rushed forward. Giddy blade cradled in her left palm this time. She didn’t need time to rest and no way in hell was she giving him time to come up with a plan. There’d be a moment where she stood before him, grinning before she launched herself at him.

Her digits curled in a fist, this time their target was his cheek. A mere minor distract she had little hope of connecting, then again if she happened to get close enough it wouldn’t be her fist to worry about. Her left hand would shoot out, blade snapping towards his leg in the thigh region. The stabbed aimed to slice deep into his muscle or at least drag across his flesh should he be quick enough to counter in time. If she struck true or not, there would be but a moment of her body’s hesitation before she was pulling back towards the shadows again.

27The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 am

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

The ebb and flow of time seemed to come to a crawl as off of his maneuvers took action. One after another, he would follow through blow after blow after blow with his practiced combo. Most of it came from training, a cross between boxing, judo, kung fu, and a few others rolled into one. His fists would flex from fists to palms in a matter of seconds, finishing off with the only real connecting blow that would knocked the wind out of his opponent. Feeling the pressure exerted on the final blow, his left hand was already retracting for the block when he saw the dynamic slash reaching for him on his left side. Almost on instinct, his left arm would shoot out to push away her forearm with his own, withdrawing just in time to evade the slash of her claw-like fingernails. It was mere millimeters from his flesh, their imaginary stings could be felt from where he evaded another nasty blow.

Once more, the girl evaded to the shadows... believing that she was safe within them. His eyes proved otherwise, witnessing the drawing of her blade within a moment's notice. This time he allowed her to prep her next strike, preferring to stay out in the open where he can balance his time and pressure. This gave him another few precious seconds to adjust his stance and adapt to the changes within his body. Instead of the painful sensations where all of his wounds were, they were on fire... burning with a viscous controlled rage that consumed his entire form. Whether not Riley was in true control was out of the question. He was acting on instinct, his eyes burned with reserved hatred for his enemy.

When he saw her coming, he knew what to expect. The knife was her weapon, a guided tool that was going to be used to maim him like before. So he focused more on the tool that could end his game, and minor focus towards her punches that would hit his body. Her right hand would shoot out, aimed to cross-check his cheek. Like a trained boxer, he brought up his left guard and absorbed the blow with his forearm, causing minor but completely bearable pain on his arm. Nevertheless, with his right he would witness the maiming venture before it happened, and instantly his body would pivot with the blow as her jousting motion was brought into play, letting the blade flow forward past where it originally was. Using his right hand, he would move to bat the blade away from his body... so that her retracting blow did not singe across his flesh.

Before he could react, she was dropping back into the shadows, trying to stay out of his reach. Instead of following, 'slicing the pie' as it were, he stood back. And a gloating, prideful creature erupted words from his lips. It was dark and sinister.

"A monster like myself. How quaint." A growl would erupt from it's lips. Inside, Riley could feel the darkness wrapping itself over him once again. Instead of being frightened, he felt compelled to allow it to wrap just barely around his soul. Just a taste. A tiny sip. But he was unable to stop the words that spilled from his mouth. "I have come out to play, at your request." His right hand would slowly shift towards the gun holster, which held the pistol he initially refused during combat. But the girl before him was trying to slash at vital body parts all over his body... almost slicing open his thigh, which would possibly lead to heavy blood loss and death. This inner turmoil manifested, mixing with the burning hatred that loosened his moral code for holding back in this game.

The weapon was drawn, pointed directly at the woman in front of him. One handed, his right hand was calm and collective. His hand was leveled towards the woman's head, some twelve to fifteen feet away from the tip of his gun. He would follow her if she were to jerk or move, and jump back if she were to charge him. With a smirk on his lips, he looked down the sight as he said "I can see you..." in a child-like chiming fashion. There was not a millisecond spared as the retort of the weapon echoed across the forest. The bullet lodged itself in the tree nearby, possibly just a few inches from her head... the initial shot not intended to go for the kill. With a wild chuckle, a wild man appeared behind the face of the man so collective and well mannered from before... this time his left hand reaching for the knife that he had holstered behind his back, drawing the blade very slowly.

"Here I come...." Holstering the sidearm as he dashed, he closed the distance between his assailant in a few seconds. With the blade in his left, he would bring the blade towards his chest where the blade end stuck out from the reverse end of his hand. He charged straight forward, his right guard up in case of a back lash. His first move was a stab maneuver that aimed straight for the sternum, hoping to catch her off guard with the novice maneuver.

28The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

The Unseelie had underestimated the boy’s monster. A laugh threatened to slide past her lips at the ease he showed when batting away her hand. Digits slackened around the handle of her dagger, though she had yet to drop the thing. Its incisive giggling started in her head as she stepped away from him. She knew the shadows would not hide her from these new eyes, that darkness could not shield her moves. A challenge truly befitting the Unseelie hunter. She stretched and rolled her shoulders as he spoke in a broken growl.

A rumbled built in her chest, monster of her nature sliding through her veins to take hold. Glorious chaos was just out of reach, agony a burning addiction through her body. She both wanted the encounter to stop and craved it to go on until they maimed one another beyond belief. Kalika canted her head to the side and watched him, tendrils of silver curling and snaking their way through her eyes until they were practically glowing. She could smell the burn of iron before she could see it. His gun raised and aimed oh so close to her head.

The girl simply smiled at his words, thunder crashing and startling the animals all around them. What few were left scattered and ran for their petty little lives. Her hands raised and she clapped around the hilt of her dagger.
“What a lovely shot, though I believe I told your counterpart…always go for the kill. Anything less and it just get so droll .” She shook her head, silver and black mane dancing over her shoulders. Kalika watched as he drew his blade, a childish little giggle rising in her throat. “Oh what fun you are.” For once she couldn’t help but laugh, notes parting her lips as he dashed forward.

Instincts reeled and she held back a moment longer, simply standing there as he closed the distance between them. Her shoulder leaning against the tree he shot, her body completely relaxed. A smile on her lips as she watched him, eyes almost completely consumed with silver. The blade held loosely between her fingers, iron decorations lightly tapping along her shirt. Shadows pulled against her senses and her monster roared in her head.

Seconds to spare. She let him near, let the blade swing towards her. Nearly let it connect with her tender flesh before she was moving. Her body swung away from the tree, though she would risk a minor slice from his knife it wouldn’t be nearly as devastating of a hit. Using his forward momentum she had him between the tree and herself. Right leg moving out to catch his and hopefully trip him. Either way her dagger swung against his right shoulder from the back. Her left hand bringing it forward to slice against his skin. It wouldn’t be a deadly blow, if things worked out she would miss any major veins. Then again, she was only aiming to cut through flesh and muscle. If the move was successful in the slightest, she would only smile at the boy. No matter the outcome, Kalika was stepping farther back into the forest.

The shadows couldn’t hide her, but the trees were to her advantage at this point in time. Especially if Riley, or his monster, decided to whip out that gun for a little target practice.

29The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

The creation of the firearm in history is still considered one of the greatest technological evolutions to warfare. Whether it be a small card-table shooter or the artillery shell that could take down buildings, the art of rapid firing projectiles at a target with lethality and accuracy created a new era of war that refined the logic of rapid deployment, countermeasures, and the ability to kill at greater distances. It is considered easier to give a boy a gun with minimal training than to spend months conditioning a solider to fight in hand to hand combat. Effectiveness was a rating outside of this man's mindset, as he could only think on smaller scales like squads and single person logistics. But one thing he learned in 'basic' was that no matter what happens, a man with no gun experience was more dangerous than the man with complete knowledge of weapon history and experience when only armed with a knife. From there, probabilities and statistics for who will win, which was once again outside Riley's normal natural abilities and understandings.

Nevertheless, this foe was not considered normal... so special precautions need to be taken against this creature.

All in all, Riley would have taken off the kid gloves and begin firing more rapidly at his target, as he was armed with plenty of ammunition to outstay the fight, but the monster within only found firearms a tool for the weak. The knife was much more powerful, it granted a person the ability to charge after a foe and create much more tissue damage than a single penetrating charge from a handgun could create. The amount of flexibility and finesse behind such a tool, even in it's more archaic form, brought a sense of passion to the fight. His blood began to boil as the blade kissed her skin, but whether or not the cut was made was lost as the monster was tripped over by a foot. The monster would roll with the blow, the slice against his skin almost non-existent in the pain threshold of the creature. Upon getting back on his feet, the monster would survey his surroundings and ignore the blow that was slowly bleeding on his back, and within a moment, would disappear back into his flesh. The hole would be there, but no serious muscle tissue was torn. Just another hole in the flesh that would need time to mend itself again.

Instead of pain being a hindrance, it was treated in an existential manner where it was just a note taken down for later. His body only continued to burn brighter, but deep down he felt something dwindling within. With this increase in power came at a cost, where the meter was as ambiguous as trying to see which silk sheet is softer than the other. Nevertheless, he could tell something was draining... and the monster in control could feel it as well. With a shift in stance, the monster removed the firearm with his right and began to look for the target in the trees and began to fire in an eastward direction towards the target. He would only fire a few shots, three to four, to keep the gap between them concrete and establish. Even if there were trees, he could try to lead her shots towards a location in his favor... and they were only about a hundred feet or so away from a small pond that was three feet deep, give or take. He was going to have to corner her for this to work, but he had to make sure he had enough bullets.

30The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 am

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Heat seared her flesh at the touch of his knife, though for some bizarre reason, it wasn’t her own. The rage boiling inside of Riley’s monster was overwhelming, bearing down on her sense like the burn of iron. That hardly mattered at the moment, though. Her retaliation against both the boy and the beast came. The move executed with precise perfection, the hit landing a beautiful blow to his back. A grin split apart her lips as she slid her tongue on the edge of her blade. Copper filled her mouth with a vengeance and for a moment she felt a flash of a connection to the former owner of the blood.

The moment was quickly lost as Riley got his footing and pulled his gun free, Kalika could smell the bitter tang of it before she could fully see it. Once more her actions were the same, sliding for the cover of a tree. A shot rang out, nearly clipping the Unseelie though all she did was laugh. Her voice humming its sirens song through the forest, “Come on little Monster, surely you have better aim than that.” Her laughter danced through the darkness as she scaled a tree. She wasn’t running farther into the forest but remaining on the edge of the clearing.

Kalika was a hunter, she knew when to listen to her instincts and at the moment, even as she dodged the bullets, she wasn’t going to be forced back. In fact she was moving with nature again. Every breeze, every rustle of a startled forest animal, used as her cover. She balanced in the branches of the trees but for all her skills, she overlooked a simple fact. Her glamour could not stop the wound on her side from bleeding, even if she could hide it. The iron sick skin wouldn’t heal until she was able to stop and either stitch her skin and use magic, or carve the infected flesh away.

She pressed her hand to her side, ignoring the sharp sensation that careened through her system. The Unseelie briefly considered using her magic on the Monster below her. After all, he had a gun… she could easily revert to her arcane ways. Still, the Unseelie didn’t want to necessarily kill the boy. She had made a deal not to, if not with him, then with herself. He surely wasn’t worth getting kicked from the school, which is what she knew would happen if she were to kill him. After all, what headmaster wouldn’t frown upon the slaughtering of another student? If there was one, she certainly wanted to be in that school…then again, she didn’t want the worry that came with that. So, that left her with Caislin Hallows at the moment.

Frowning, Kalika lost herself in her musing, her foot slipping to give the lightest quake of a branch before she was moving again. Always trying to keep the edge of the clearing in her mind so that she remained close. Pity that her steps brought her a hint closer to where Riley wanted her. She crouched on a branch to watch him, this time pulling a touch of an illusion around herself. An ounce of power wrapped over her flesh to trick the eyes into not seeing what was there. The act perfect so long as she hardly moved and his hearing wasn’t good enough to pick up the faint sound of her heart against the confines of her ribcage. Or the slight catch of her breathing every time the muscles of her side twitched.

Kalika was there to watch him and wait, trying to by herself some time to clear her mind and figure out what to do. A way to attack without getting shot, too many times at least.

31The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

Trained was the monster, calm and methodical in a way most unfitting for a creature like itself. It would slowly slip itself in between a dark anger that would bellow past his ear drums to a soft thundering echo of relaxed resilience. The monster inside did not reject the person named Riley within, as this was this human's body and needed to make things work in it's favor. Every little trick, trap, method, arts, or technique Riley new the monster was able to accomplish and comprehend in a matter of a split second. With each echoing shot, the monster was learning how to lead off the handgun and fire every round with even more precise accuracy through the trees. Even as she danced along the branches, his hearing was able to make out the outlines of her appearance on the edges of his vision. With every step, a loud shot would ring out. Nevertheless, after expending a total of eight rounds the monster knew that he only had one left. A magazine change.

Quickly, the monster would not allow instinct to override as he would search along Riley's person for a spare clip as the magazine fell from his handgun.

With a quick alteration of hands, the gun was reloaded in a matter of a few seconds.... quite slow for Riley's natural reflexes. The old magazine was placed into a pouch on another side of his equipment belt. He wanted to make sure not to leave too many traces of their encounter behind... and magazines were damn expensive to replace. Nevertheless, with the loss of eye contact the monster was unable to tract the movements of the seelie woman. She had either disappeared from his sight, or she had magically veiled herself in a spell of her own undoing. Riley did not know of such tricks and tapestry, as Riley was only a small pup in the otherworldly's ways, but the monster was not. However it gained knowledge or control of the situation, it knew what was going on. Nevertheless, he could no longer hear the bending of branches along the silent night sky. It would mean she was in the same general location as before, and she was possibly standing still in the moonlight.

With straining eyes, he could no longer find her. He could feel some of the cool night's air tickling against his skin. His time was starting to dwindle. He could feel some of the warmth escaping his body as he heard the small splashes of water nearby. So close. It would seem that he was unable to reach the initial destination. The monster inside was fading rapidly. Time to enact a different plan. Holstering the sidearm, the creature called out in a might roar.

"UNSEELIE OF THE DARKNESS! I CALL UPON YOU TO FIGHT ME!" A growl was beneath his voice. It beckoned. It called her from her hiding spot. "I GROW TIRED OF THESE LITTLE QUIPS AND HIDE-N-GO SEEK GAMES! COME OUT AND FIGHT ME!" The monster would holster the weapon, glaring at the general location where he lost her. He call out so that the entire forest could hear, even those on the edge line of the trees. "Or this test is for naught. PROVE YOUR WORTHINESS TO BRING ME FORTH." These words, unknown to Riley, spilled out before him without a rhyme of regard. Slowly, his hands would shift and he would focus his center of mass and gravity for an oncoming attack. He was primarily prepared for a possible missile attack, light on his toes, along with shifting his weight to evade the first glancing strike. "Otherwise you are a coward who hides in the trees." His arms were raised, waiting for the inevitable strike.

32The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:20 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

How many damn bullets did this boy carry?

Kalika cursed, silently, as she watched him change the magazine and inevitable reload for another round. Her idea of having him fire to his hearts content was sudden shot to hell, the small pun not entirely intended. She would have to greatly rethink this little incursion and perhaps come better prepared next time. Or just stab the boy when she had the chance, as per her usual arrangements. The Unseelie was use to trapping her prey and beating them to the punch before they ever knew what hit them. The few actual matches she had were usually lessons, warnings to her outlandish behavior.

Kalika could taste the taint in the air, an undercurrent that made her monster rumble with silent fury. The heavy scent of his gun and bullets nearly burnt her tongue as she inhaled… Just as suddenly it was beginning to wane though, fading around the edges. A grin slid across her lips as she watched Riley holster the weapon. She wanted to laugh, wanted to toss her head back and tell him how foolish he was. To call upon an Unseelie meant nothing to them; they were not bound by their breed. To call her name would have been more effective…

A challenge to her power rang in the air, the bitter bite of ‘coward’ slicing through her system. Inner monster roared and she nearly launched herself from her hiding spot to silence him. Every muscle in her body tensed for an attack, everything screamed at her to charge him. Instead she silently shifted down to the ground, bare feet finding their mark without trouble. All the grace of a feline had her down on the ground and leaning against a tree in the short span of a few seconds.

A smile curled on lips the shade of the dead, a subtle blue hue to them as she watched the boy. Silver lit her eyes, the light consuming her face so that she looked more like a wraith than her Unseelie nature. Through the dark veil of lashes she simply studied the thing before. A monster playing hard ball with the body of a boy. Her own was beneath, stretched under her skin. Unlike Riley though, she was cold as death, a chill down to her bones. Everyone had a monster, even the innocent, some where better at hiding it though. Hers showed in everything she did, every move she made. Her voice held a serpentine hiss, sharp words forced through razor teeth to greet him.
“So much shouting, you’ll wake the entire forest. What’s the rush little monster? Getting tired…. Growing weak?” The taunts were little things, like someone poking at a dying bear with a sharp stick. The move was inevitably not the brightest thing to do, but the rush of fun was too much to pass up.

She there she stood, monster to monster. Demon to demon. Neither fitting in with this human world, neither willing to back down just yet. Riley had his beast and his abilities, Kalika however, had more arcane methods to fall back on. To her, this was just a lively little game to pass the time. A game she was quickly growing bored of.

33The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

His stance, slowly softening from a wild like aggressive beckon slowly simmered down to a dull echo as the seelie filtered down from the trees. It was an arugeably nice bluff the monster tried to pull, he knew it tugged at the woman's own pride. Her creature, her monster, within was just like itself. It craved the natural of the hunt, the thrill of the kill, the ecstasy of battle. There was no more joy to it in the world than to conquer the flesh of blood and another. Even if he did not get the result he wanted, he could see controlled anger flashed into her eyes when she exposed herself once again. This caused Riley's monster to growl in triumph. He preferred the look in their eyes, to see the anger and sorrow as he cut into them. To make them feel everlasting pain before they would slip into the finalizing horrors of death. The monster, in full reign and control of Riley's body, wanted nothing more than to make her blood shower upon the sacred grounds of Caislin Hallows. It did not see this little game of cat and mouse entertaining anymore. It wanted her dead. It wanted to come out victorious.

Something within began to make it's move for control.

The monster outwardly regained composure by relaxing his step and smirking wildly at the girl in front of him. As long as it did not have to strain itself, the gifts he bestowed on this simple boy did not have to be burned up. In actuality, they slowly recuperated on a small level, slowly regaining a few minute slivers of energy to prepare for the next assault. "Just irritated at the way your body can move so easily in the trees after I cut you. Maybe I should have taken control sooner, so that simple scratch on your arm was a bit more...painful." Smirking, the creature once again took a step to enclose the distance between the two. Instead of being on the defensive, the creature wanted to remain on the offensive. Nevertheless, he was growing weak. A flame that burns twice as bright burns out twice as fast. It was time to end this event. "How about we end this little charade. One final bout, as it were. One single moment to end this entire theme and go home." He never specified if they both would. Tilting his head, he continued. "Which is faster. The knife, or the gun?" Slowly, he would lace his fingers along the hard metallic surface of the colt knock off with relative ease. The holster was an outward mixed conceal/exposed but not a quick draw. Nevertheless, she had a knife that could be drawn with relative ease. He had a feeling she could understand the implications that she might have the advantages when the creature was not used to firing into the darkness.

"How about something that tests our dexterity, speed, and willpower all in the matter of a split second. Something like a western quick draw?" An evil grin appeared on the monster's face.

34The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

She dared the common look of a bored mortal even if there was nothing truly human about the monster. Digits curled to brush along her palm, eyes shifting to glance at nails the color of rotting flesh. Each finger armed with weapons akin to the blade of a scalpel, shaped into deceivingly delicate points. They sliced at her skin as she made a fist, tips sinking through pale flesh before she relaxed and returned her attention to Riley, or rather the monster that had come out to play.

Idle words of banter, taunting one another though neither moved to attack just yet. Each monster was silently preparing for the next move, the supposed killing strike. A grin split apart her lips as she watched him, nearly laughing. Riley had sliced at her with a dagger, a hit that stung the muscles of her stomach for the sole reason that he used her blade. Iron laced in the curling patterns, it served its purpose well. Her skin had sizzled and sickened with the contact, the wound hardly healed. It was but something else to worry about later, at the current point in time she had to focus on Riley.

Once more she could feel his power on the tip of her tongue, the faint taste of fury nearly intoxicating. Kalika allowed herself a moment to savor it and draw it closer before she gave a languid stretch. Muscles were forced to relax, to ease their growing tension as Riley spoke and proposed a duel of sorts. Quick draw. She had seen that before, the thought brought up bizarre images. Cowboys facing one another in a combat neither could really win. Formalities present in the shadowed blur of honor, both parties twitching to go for what rested at their belts. The silent snap of a starting point as they both grabbed metal, the frozen moment in time as thunder roared to life. The Bullet like lightning as it slammed its opponent. Except Riley was the one with the gun while she had but a knife and immortal tendencies.

“A western draw? How droll of you Riley… I would have expecting something a bit more splendid than simply shooting your enemy. What a disappointment.”She didn’t bother to reach for her blade, not yet. Her senses were trained on Riley, divided between his words and his actions. She knew what was coming, the moment of two predators clashing together for a glorious end. Except neither would die, couldn’t really, else it would be horrible to explain to the schools headmaster. She rolled her shoulder and smiled at him…

The silent snap of something breaking sent her in motion.

Monster of her nature coming through, showing its presence in the way her eyes began to glow with the intensity of stars. Silver light flashed the reflection of her eyes frozen for a split second in the startling vision of her blade. Digits coiled about the blade as she flung herself forward, seemingly reckless motion bringing her forth. She used the Unseelie ways, power pulled around herself. Illusion and glamour making her actions seem slow, drawn out as if her limbs were nothing more than the make up of a humans.

The image however, would shatter the moment she was close enough. Her blade skillfully aimed for his stomach, it would bypass major organs should it hit its mark. She wasn’t counting on that one; she knew his reflexes by now. Kalika fully expected the sting of a bullet to find its way into her flesh; her only maneuver would be to keep it from her heart. Anything else could heal as far as she was concerned. In those few seconds of her attack, there would be another, immediately following her blade. Digits curved to slice at his skin, only this time they were aimed for his chest.

More specifically, his heart.

35The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

What was the creature thinking? Whatever part of Riley's voice was inside, still in control, was screaming at how stupid the creature was acting. He was carrying a semi-automatic, a klutzy one, not designed for quick draws from the hip. His holder was more on his waist, instead of lower on his leg, and it was not adjusted to sight in on a creature from a totally different level of terrain. Dueling with pistols was on a level, open plane. Here there were trees, roots, and other shit to hide behind. It was just going to be another shooting match, and Riley was just merely shaking his head. But the monster held no morals, no resentment or qualms. All it wanted to do was kill the girl that was being an annoying insect. But the creature, although ruthless, could be calming and relaxed. With no issues with restraint, the creauted used what knowledge it could obtain from Riley and focused all of it's anger and desire into total focus of it's mind. It relaxed, letting it's mind open to multiple other possibilities. It was strange, this kind of trance, but it gave him pre-emptive measure to figure out what the girl's next move was.

Very slowly, the weapon was inched from the holster.

Then the creature was frazzled by blinding light, something so unnerving that it was hard to see. He felt it's host body go numb, as it began to realize that some kind of magic was being used against it. Being an old creature like itself, it knew of these kinds of parlor tricks. Nevertheless, no matter how old or wise you are... there was no changing the fact that it was a spell and he was suspect-able just like any other creature on the mortal plane. The weapon was drawn, and instead of firing immediately (from the hip), Riley forced the creature to wait. The creature snarled, unable to control itself. Wondering why the hell this host body was not falling to its commands. "Forward assault, so unlike your kind." But the creature only laughed, but the laugh was cut short as a blade was punctured straight into it's stomach. A growl, of bellowing proportions would be called as the blade sunk deep into his host's flesh. How could the creature let this happen to it! He should have known better, should have seen it coming. But when he went to draw his left hand to swipe at the creature, it would look down instead to see the blade was only half an inch deep... and Riley had taken control, once again, to try to catch the girl by the wrist... using all of hi's strength and ability in his robotic left arm to hold the creature at bay. If it were to connect, the Unseelie would find it very difficult to even move her arm. Even if he was part human, his robotic arm was just as strong as any vice grip of a lycan at full strength in hybrid form.

However, he knew the tension was building within the arm, and it was only a matter of time before it gave out.

As the digits curled to slice at his flesh, he evaded it by firing across his chest towards the hand of the maneuver from his waist. It would cause his back to arch just a tad, but the bullets were just used as a scare tactic. If she were to complete the maneuver, the bullets would ravage across her arm and sink into the flesh so deep, probably tearing tendons and stopping a majority of the power in her wrist. However this move was dangerous, as the bullets ripping across his chest would cause scaring and burns after they ripped through his shirt. Nevertheless, he was more worried about the knife in his stomach. With that, Riley's voice would appear.

"THIS GAME IS OVER!" He would tighten the grip, if he still had it, pointing the gun with his right towards the girl's stomach. "WALK AWAY, UNLESS YOU WANT TO SHIT LEAD FOR BREAKFAST!" Riley's eyes would flash from brown to red, trying to force control over the creature who was determined to fight this girl to the bitter end. Nuh -uh, no way. Even as the blade would fidget and possibly tear more flesh in Riley's stomach, the boy was hopped on adrenaline and used to fighting through the pain. The weakening control of the creature gave Riley more strength, as he could tap into the creature's powers and use them for his own moves. On a side note, the girl did successfully glamor the creature that was standing before her. But Riley was on inside, unable to lock a complete gaze with the girl. He managed to have a half of second chance before the glamor wore off, giving the boy enough time to catch the blade before it went too far into his stomach (two completely separate minds to glamor). But he could feel the bile and blood building at the back of his throat. If the girl did not release her grip the blade, she would have to deal with two rounds of armor penetrating bullets at close range.

36The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

The blade laughed in her mind, a shrill giggle that drove her mad and agitated her monster. It was hardly an inch into his flesh, a disappointing thing but a hit none the less. The vice grip on her wrist meant nothing to her, it held her at bay but unless he had enough force to shatter her wrist bones she wouldn’t stop. Not yet, not when she was this close to gutting him like a fish.

A giggle sounded in her mind, tampered by a cry of disappointment, oh how she hated it when her blade began to act up. It cried for blood to fuel her monster, both beings demanding more. She spared only a second to glance at what had trapped her wrist so effectively, cursing at the grip he managed to gain. Momentum kept her going though, unless he was not only willing to shatter her wrist but also able, she wasn’t about to stop. Not when this was so close to being finished, when she was this close to being able to gut the poor boy.

Her free hand slashed towards his chest, intention dreadfully clear as her digits came together like a spear. She was aiming for his chest, moving to sink her nails through cartilage and bone. Envisioning the way her fingers would wrap around that beating mass of muscle to pull it free… Only she didn’t get that far. She managed to pull her hand away a moment before bits of metal could be lodged into her flesh. Hissing at the close call she held her hand back though she had yet to give up the pressure on the blade.

Lips curled in a smile as she pressed forward, the blade between them though her chest was almost to his.
“No need to shout my boy… Curl up and hide again. Your monster and I were having a lovely little dance.” Mortal contraptions were wicked things; the bullets would no doubt tear through her gut and give her a measure amount of time to finish things off. Unseelie Fae or not, she wasn’t invincible, just close to appearing that way. He had forgotten one thing though, her free hand. The one that had been aimed at his chest. The attention split between trying to shove the blade inside of him and keeping the gun from firing into her heart or anything terribly vital. She was pretty sure she could do without a few organs here and there, as long as she kept him from firing too many times.

The concentration it took to pull off another glamour was only half there, a shimmer of an illusion that made it seem like she was pulling away. The pressure of the knife would remain; the image would last only a few seconds as she reached out to slice her nails across his upper arm, the one waving the gun around. She was close enough to reach, hoping that the bite of her nails would keep him from fully hitting her gut. If nothing else, once he shot her, time would begin to tick down.

37The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

He knew his beckons were not going to effect the girl more intune with her blood lust than the man standing in front of her, conflicted, unable to reason between the two bodies as they fought for control. At first, the monster was bewildered by the boy's strength and dexterity with all of the wounds inflicted mentally and physically, able to draw deep within to pull out some of the strength the monster could only muster, and using tactics not familiar by the monster or Riley. Riley was on the verge of death, although the knife only maybe an inch deep, but given Riley's thin frame, it was pretty devastating. He could not calculate the damage initially, but she might have ruptured his stomach or kidney, one being harmful but the other livable. Riley knew that it would heal, overtime, but for right now it was dangerous. Muscle tendons were slashed in his stomach, making it very hard to breathe without the pain becoming overbearing. His minutes older wounds, although physically looking healed, were straining under the new weight. Given an hour or two, he would be completely fine (although exhausted), but right now it was all crappy stitch work and shoddy quilt patterns that held tissue and muscle together.

Even with his warnings, she was not going to beckon. Things were way out of control, and this battle needed to be stopped now! "Last chance!" There was not a hint of mercy within his voice.

On the inside, the monster growled as it wanted control. Wanted to fight. Wanted to destroy this mythical beast before him, but Riley was forcing himself back into the helm of the driver seat. He had a plan, she just didn't know it yet. He wanted to give the girl one more chance before he was going to, pretty much, destroy a body limb. Gritting his teeth in front of her, he was seething and banding for control. But with Riley behind the wheel, he was going to be much more susceptible to the glamor, although weakly, but the creature had more resistance to it on the inside. Although the girl appeared to be backing away from Riley, he could feel that her vice grip on the blade had not loosened or did she even show a remote glance of backing down. The monster cried within she was preparing for another attack, so before his eyes would materialize the slash towards the gun arm... two things happened.

First, the blade within his left arm, holding onto her wrist, shot out with enough force to completely pierce at least 1.5 inch of steel at close range. Unless her bones were made of diamond, they would probably lacerate through all five bones in her wrist and jettison itself out of her possibly now shattered wrist, using remaining momentum to cut across her guard and strike deep into her stomach (It is a 1.5 foot blade). This did not stop Riley, as he already prepped a blow before hand. The gun in his right already firing at close range. A normal shooter could probably only fire about once every other second with one hand. But Riley's right was his strongest, having to deal with about a year's worth of doing with only one hand made it stronger than naturally possible, carried on with the fact it was not a heavy recoil gun and with his unnatural strength, the weapon fired steadily at her chest. Before the pain would hit his flesh, five shots in a upper left (his left) pattern would be shot towards her body (starting from the lower gut, upward). She might of been able to avoid the shots if she jerked back just in time, but this would probably throw off the slash towards his arm. IFFFF she continued with the blow, there was no chance in hell to stop the hand from in bedding itself into his shoulder. He would cry, a loud echoing roar, before his left boot would come up to smash straight into her lower chest, just an inch below the blade, to kick the girl away. He would fall back at this point, trying to step back he managed to catch himself on some roots. Nevertheless, if the kick failed he would retain the grip as he fell. If she backed off, he would jerk his left hand away, allowing the girl to hold onto the knife as he wanted to put some distance between the two.

He hoped fucking up his aiming arm was worth the damage he possibly did to her body. The gun was still in his hand, but there were gaping slashed wounds across his left arm. Blood was gushing from the wound, having torn through muscle tissue and arteries, so he was a bundle of fuck at that moment. The wound would slowly seep after about a moment, the blood flow coming to a small trickle after about thirty seconds... but for at least a few moments his arm was completely useless. It was a miracle he was able to maintain a grip on his firearm after what had happened.

TL;DR - Left hand jettisons a 1.5 foot blade through her right hand, which is holding the knife, to puncture her stomach. His right hand fires off 5 shots at close range, moving in a diagonal pattern from her stomach to her chest. Kicks in the abdomen to part the bodies, falling backwards onto his ass.

38The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Things went from playful to serious to deadly, in such a short span of time it was hardly amusing. The monster beneath her flesh drove her forward; no matter the cost it demanded more of her. Kalika knew they should stop, that she should just back away and leave Riley to his madness. One human life was nothing, worthless in the scheme of things. To be kicked from the school for such an occurrence would be pitiful. Even she could understand such. No matter how she looked at it, Riley wasn’t worth the trouble she would get in. Kalika listened to the way he called out, ‘Last chance,’ ringing in the air with a wicked note of intent. The boy was a survivor, she knew that much about him, the fact he was fighting her and his monster was a testament to his will power…a hint at his foolishness.

She knew to pull back, instincts screamed at her to move, to avoid the blades at all cost but she didn’t care. Madness danced in her mind a moment before pain laced through her bones. While her structure was much sounder than a human, it was not indestructible. His knife would slice through muscle and only a twist of her hand would keep him from severing the tissue and bone all together. She figured a few of those more delicate bones were shattered, though her grip hardly faltered. In fact, as he drove his blade into her stomach, she continued her plan to attack his shoulder.

Kalika could take pain, she could take swords and daggers and even iron…. She positively hated bullets. So much useless damage to a victim, it hardly seemed worth it in the Fae’s eyes. Pain and blood bloomed across her torso, her mark landing at the price of a bullet wound or two. Before Riley had the chance to kick her away she jerked back, yanking her blade with her as she pulled away. Summoning as much power as she could, she patch worked her body rapidly. Simple, small spells to keep from bleeding out and barely knit her skin together. The Unseelie was bordering exhaustion, she wasn’t use to relying on magic. Then again, she wasn’t use to human guns.

She snarled a curse, one in a foreign fae langue and one in the human tongue. Her words hissed, laced with fury and traces of pain as she turned her starburst gaze on Riley. The dagger still in hand she was more concerned with stopping her own bleeding than carving into his flesh. If luck was with her, she would have only a few minutes of pain before her magic took affect and numbed it away for a short time. Then she would go back to finishing this mindless little quarrel with Riley, a fight that neither of them would likely survive if they kept this pace up. Mark for mark they were nearly matched on skills, except Kalika always had her arcane abilities to draw upon. Abilities that were slowly tugging at her attention for use.

Lithe form leaned heavily against a tree, dark eyes carefully watching the fallen boy as she waited for his next move. Curses ringing in her head at every breath she took. What a day this turned out to be…

39The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

There was pain, once more he could feel the wounds and bile building in the back of his throat. The coarsing adrenaline was slowly tapping out, draining itself from the last attack with a might of fury that only true warriors possesed for a fraction of their lifetime. Although the fae's body was much older and more complete, humans were docile creatures and had weaker constitutions than most mythical beasts. The will to push on still hamering in Riley's mind, the body was already past it's feable limitations, whatever power within that was fueling the body to continue on past it's constraints was only by the supernatural beast residing within. Although blood thirsty and violent, it was old and knew the ways of war far longer than many creatures at Caislin Hallows. As the last round would puncture past Kalika's flesh, the creature would take over and contort Riley's body just enough to pervade the blow from Kalika's hand from puncturing any more vital spots in his right shoulder. Blood would spicket from the wound as her fingernails raced across the top of his shoulder, severing more than just flesh and digging deep into the bone. Muscle tendons snapped as Riley would find his right arm completely useless as he slumped to the dirt. The woman before him retreated to recover from her wounds.

He would only smile as he stared at the girl trying to cover the various holes in her body, as Riley would move a hand to clutch at his own gut... which was bleeding out at a slowing rate.

The ammo he was using was not standard civilian use ammo, rather ammo purchased from surplus and refilled using tools at his workbench. In the states, he would have a large workshop where he could reload ammunition on a small, mass scale. Nevertheless, he was confined to a "motel" so he could only bring the bare essentials... and bribes came at a nasty price when trying to sneak specialized reloading equipment through customs and purchasing the rest through contacts he met along the way. To put a long story short, the ammunition in the CZ weapon did not pack the punch of a 45 bullet, but held more penetrating power that could easily puncture through standard American police issued Kevlar and come out the other side. The full metal jacketed tip did not collapse on impact with a surface for massive tissue damage (as the goal for hollow pointed bullets), but tries to penetrate deep into it's target. If the bullets were to smash against bone, especially ones harder than normal human strength, they had a tendency to shatter... sending shards ricocheting across the body fueled by the remaining momentum left in the bullet. If it was a choice between a knife wound to the gun or having to pick out the shards that slice through several vital organs, Riley would prefer the knife wound on any day of the week. Even if Riley seemed to be on his last legs, he could remain cold and calculating in the fiercest moments of battle. However, fragmentation was by chance. Many rounds were through and through, but it would only take one fragmentation to end the life of any mortal human.

"Severing your own arm to take off your opponent's head" The grip on the gun held true, but there was no way in hell he was going to be able to lift the 4 pound weapon towards anything. He didn't back down, didn't take this chance to flee, didn't even beckon to continue the fight. The waning adrenaline shaking his body only made the boy laugh in solemness. The death was only inches away, sitting on his doorstep, and all he could was laugh at the aspect of becoming one of the many he had killed just to take another step into his feeble future. His left arm continued to hold the gaping wound in his chest closed, the creature inside trying to muster up what little power it had left to try to mend it. But there wasn't enough to keep Riley stable and fighting, the various wounds and strength he called upon to keep up with the woman came at a cost. A flame that burns twice as brightly exhausts twice as fast. He was at his limit, he reached it, and there was nothing else to do other than ignore the wounds and put his remaining energies into one last attack. It was either die a miserable death, alone in the darkness that he was birthed into. A world that he had no birth mother, a loving father, or a family unit to call his own. It was only natural to die in the same manner, covered in blood... and on the brink of death.

Or go out fighting, like the Riley before did, screaming in agony as he charged the monster headlong until it sliced his chest clean open.

The laughter faded, hysteria ceased, as the boy mustered whatever strength he had left to put himself to his feet. "Lets get this over with..." Once again, he tried to use his right arm... but found it useless. Unable to raise the gun to defend himself. The blade, still sticking out on his left arm, retracted instinctively. He was not going to need that blade for the final assault. He had only one bullet left in the chamber anyways, meant for him initially, but he had the will to use it in a different manner. As he took to his feet, drops of blood would seep from the stomach wound and spill onto the ground... forcing himself through the pain and the massive release of endorphins to keep himself focused and conscious. His vision was fading, his eyes wavering. It was hard to focus as he removed his left hand to hold the weapon that was in his right... slowly lifting it up. Muscles tension increased as he was forcing his body to make one last stand, blood continued to trickle out his stomach and arm... as the strain to even stand was taking every bit of focus in his body.

Riley's knees shook for a moment, until he was at full height. His breathing was shallow and forced, as it took every bit of strength within him to just to keep his two feet planted long enough for him to stand upright. Propping his right arm with his left, he gritted his teeth as the fire arm was brought to bear in front of the girl resting before him, wiggling his right trigger finger sent pain unknown to Riley down his spine. He would have to thank the creature's control of his bodily chemistry for that later. His hand shook, as the weapon was trying to focus in on the target's head... standing his ground before him. A quiet, soothing voice escape his lips, as if something deep within was coaxing the words to come trickling out of his mouth. "This was never the first, or the last time I will face death." A smile creeped upon Riley's lips, cynical and stout, but with those words came a calamity through his body. He stopped shaking, his eyes started to focus, and he was able to line up the short perfectly. For a second, there was silence, as an internal struggle was deciding the woman's fate. If she moved, he would be able to move the firearm in her given direction. Nevertheless, something was off about the gun... as there was a glint of metal sticking out of the slide.

Without a word, he pulled the trigger...

A dry click resonated within the gun.

And then the pain, misery, exhaustion, and feeling in his legs came over him in a matter of a split second. He could feel the world turning, his body falling backwards. His eyes, an everlasting peace once again. Before his body would hit the ground with a sickening thud, before his eyes would close and put himself into a deep slumber, a small trickle of words would slip past his lips. "Bang..." The body would crumple to the ground, falling into immense silence that only the trickiest of ears could hear the shallow breaths of a sleeping man resting on the bed of a wicked forest. His wounds would slowly stop bleeding, but any movement for the next few moments could be fatal as the creature within tried it's best to work with whatever powers it had left to roughly patch the major wounds on Riley's body.

40The other side of the coin - Page 2 Empty Re: The other side of the coin Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Kalika Kali Ma

Kalika Kali Ma
Bronze
Bronze

Death was a brilliantly beautiful thing to the eyes of an Unseelie, whether their own or not. It was never glorious or enchanting, just chaotic. In the chaos one could find peace, could seek solitude and fade into nothingness. Except Kalika was no where near that line, not yet at least. She was still fighting; still holding on even it was costing her her sanity. Madness bloomed like the blood on her shirt, petals of a rapidly opening crimson flower. There was something lovely in its grace as it consumed her clothing and gave her skin a coat of color.

Ivory complexion stained a bloody hue; flesh knitting closed as she stood there and listened to Riley. In truth he sounded like he was rambling, running on empty and trying to push past his limits. Humans bodies were frail things, then again hers wasn’t fairing so well in their little duel. Luckily all of the rounds had missed anything vital; none had shattered though one came close to grazing bone. Her muscles would be sore and her body would protest further movement, but Kalika would survive. The trickiest injury she had was her wrist, his blade had made a rather clean slice and therefore a total mess of things.

Kalika pulled what power she could spare and lifted her hand to her mouth, gray tongue flicking across the groove of torn muscle and broken bone. She wrapped her lips around the wound, sucking silver blood into her mouth as she willed her body to mend itself. All the while Riley was getting ready for his final move. Silver eyes watched as he raised his gun, watched the struggle as he aimed and slowly bled to death. Even she noticed the way he shook from the effort to stand straight and hold his ground. He could have followed her if she moved, though she could have easily slid her body behind the tree she was leaning against.

The Unseelie didn’t move as blood slid down her lips and her arm, wrist still held in the clutched of her mouth. A macabre way to heal, but it was the fasted. She only grinned as he leveled it with her head, what a way to go out. Shot to pieces by a human brat. Kalika gave her wrist a final lick, already the skin was patched together. The muscle and bone beneath would however take some time before she could fully use them again. The Unseelie Fae straightened and stopped using the tree for support, smiling as she watched Riley.

Time crawled to a standstill and for a split second she could only smile. Seconds ticking by as the world fell silent and Riley pulled the trigger of his gun. She expected the clap of thunder, the brief blaze of pain and the encompassing darkness if he hit his mark… None of it came. A delicate brow arched at its center, slightly puzzled by the lack of such a dawning climax. The brilliancy of which they were to end the night fizzled and died, hardly worth it in the end. A sigh pulled her muscles as she watched him fall, those keen ears picking up on his last words of surprising humor.

Bang indeed.

Bloodied, she stood at his side and gazed down at his slumbering body. Too easy. It would have been too easy to plunge her knife in his chest and walk away from it all. Digits twitched and the hand holding her dagger lined up the drop perfectly. Straight into the heart. The muscles of her knees lost their tension and she dropped down, dagger speeding towards his chest cavity with uncanny precision. So close to ending it, to letting him find his final peace.

Her body froze, tip of her blade hardly pressed to his skin, just enough pressure to be an annoyance if he were away. She balanced the thing there for a moment, tempted, oh so tempted. Decision made, she settled for a shallow cut, a mere accident as she pulled her dagger away and sheathed it. Kalika had little power to spare for her own wounds but a part of her simply refused to just leave Riley in the woods. She placed her hand against his chest and called on her own monster.

Arcane crafts were not something Kalika was wholly familiar with; if anything she preferred her dagger and nothing else. She had power; she was both a killer and a healer. Fancy that, an Unseelie that could undo all the damage she did. An Unseelie playing nice in a school of the bizarre. It wasn’t much, she would lend his body only a trifle bit of her power and push his healing along. Besides, she didn’t want to see him come into the infirmary complaining of internal bleeding.

The entire ordeal would take twenty minutes at most. By the time she was done she would stagger to a stand. Hopefully Riley would have enough sense to wake within the hour, Kalika wasn’t about to stick around and fend off the animals if they wanted a bite at his flesh. She moved through the forest with the help of the trees, leaning against them to take a break every now and then until the school came within sight. A grin lingered on her lips as she pulled from the forest and back into a world where she was but a gentle nurse.

[Exit Unless Stopped. And if you stop me I may have to stab you.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum