Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

What goes down, must rise back up.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
It had been too quiet. Maybe due to that fact it was becoming hard to stay in one place. From the new district, to the old. He traveled as though everything was frozen. Nothing seemed to catch his eye. Clad in loose fitting pants with two belts crossing over his waist, upper torso protected with a a keikogi jacket. The purple color of his keikogi was decorated with flower patterns stitched on the back. Two hilts prodded from his left hip. From those, two sheaths. One long enough to be a katana, the second half size. The sun was going to set soon, but the clouds that possessed the sky refused to show it. Leaving a depressed mood on the earth below. The current conditions of the day pulled Kouichi towards the bridge. A place that cheered him up. It was becoming his usual spot. There was no real reason for him to enjoy the location. No 'friends' shared this spot with him. He simply enjoyed the silence and open air.

"I wonder if Byakko-sama is doing well." His right foot lifted, the two small blocks that lift his sandal off the ground locks on each side of the railing. Lifting him up so that he stood on the rail with ease. Head tilting back so that his nose was lifted up. Nostrils flaring out, as he took in the scent of the wind. In hopes of anything he remembered. "Autumn will be over soon, and winter will come." The damp air made his head shake, and fall onto his back. "Awe... It's too far away. They hold no power here." He just laid there, those paper thin slits in his eye lids stared up into the battlefield of a sky. Colored grey, and lifeless. Broken in such random yet strategic places that it was like genocide has occurred. It made him wonder exactly who could enjoy such a place.

"Saru.... you fool." A sigh escaped his lips. Sitting up sent a groan to run from his throat. No urge to stand, left him sitting. Like a foolish monkey, he stared at the railing with an intrigued gaze. Or perhaps it was beyond the rail, into the darkness left behind by the sun. His mind raced with a blur of different statements. Most of which insulted a few different names that were not from the area. It was easy to notice a few of his insults were in Japanese. Others seemed like things he had learned while traveling.

2 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She'd perched herself down on the bank of the river, and she must have fallen asleep sometime in the very late afternoon. Especially for it to be so late and her be unbothered all this time. The sound of a lone voice is what woke her, her crystal eyes opened sleepily and she stretched. All without making a sound to make anyone the wiser. If she needed to, she might have been able to quietly sneak away, but a quick glance up quelled that theory.

She watched the electric boy above her with curious eyes. It was still a fresh memory, watching him "discharge" as he'd called it. Today he seemed calmer, more at ease than he had that night. She was reminded of his mystery by the Japanese words the spilled from his mouth. Too bad she still hadn't gotten around to learning it just yet, otherwise she might have responded. She had, of course, no idea what he was actually saying.

After another moment of slience, she popped up and climbed up the bank a little and took a seat on the opposite railing from him. "Kouichi-san, it's nice to see you out and about again." she commented softly, hoping she didn't scare him. She had, afterall, been very quiet until this moment.

3 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
Turning his head to glance at the new comer, Kouichi's scowling lips spread into a wide grin. "Oh, Yuki~onno-chan." He replied, with a chuckle. It then hit him like a shotgun to the head. "Gah, I did it again!" His right hand lifted and ruffled his lightning blond hair. "An~gel~ic~a-san." He pronounced each syllable as though it was the first english he spoke. "Kon bon wa, good to see you again too. How are you this fine evening?" Slowly standing, his keikogi jacket seemed to hide all his actions.

This ice girl seemed safe enough. So Kouichi began to remove his swords. Setting them to the railing he had been arguing with. Once he was disarmed, he turned to face his new company. "I was just... Ya' know..." With a quick growl to clear his throat, his head turned away with a slight blush. "Just remembering east... Far east."

His right hand lifted and using his index finger, scratched his cheek some. "I came from that way... Wondering if those who taught me are ok. Just a bit homesick I guess." Closed eye lids. With paper thin slits opening to let him see. still smiling like a fool. "What brings you to the bridge this late? Did those cruel shadows play tricks on you again?" He wasn't trying to tease her, though he chuckled as he spoke. Like a fool turning everything into a joke.

4 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She watched with amused crystal colored eyes. The smile that spread over her lips was geniuine and true. It made her very happy that he remembered her. Even though they'd only met that one night, so long ago.

She wouldn't soon be forgetting him. He'd helped boost her ability to produce colored ice with his electrical discharge. She owed him greatly for that. She'd practiced for months before then, but she could barely produce more than a blue glow. Now, she could make the ice deep hues of red and purple, even yellow in some instances. It had gotten a little harder as the newness had faded a little, it no longer came so easy. A little concentration went a long way though.

She sat, her head tilted, unaware of the smudges of dirt over the left side of her face and in her hair. It made her look more like a child than her own wide eyes and small frame. She wrinkled her nose, and let gentle laughter break her curious composure, but it quickly faded as she took in what he said. "Oh, you miss home." she said, a little sadly. The only home she missed was in England, with Nana. And even that had dimished greatly. She suspected it was due to the independence she'd found here at Caislin. And the people too...not that Nana wasn't good company, but she felt more at home here.

She watched as he removed his swords, her feet dangling off the bridge, too short for her to sit and have her slippered feet touch the wooden planks below. "Oh, I was out here earlier today, just enjoying the sunset...I was down there." she pointed to where she'd been laying. "But I suppose I fell asleep..." she blushed slightly. How irresponsible for her to lose track of time like that, and to fall asleep outside in the dirt!

"What are you doing out so late?" she ask playfully, giving him a smile to match the tone.

5 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"Sleeping?" He chuckled once more, a clicking sound beginning to echo in the darkness. Like he had been taught to move by a phantom, his position began to close in one her's. "That could be hazardous. You never know what hides within the waters." A mere three feet away, he stopped in place. That kind smile never left his face, as though it was all to natural to be called a smile.

"Late?" Her question of his time frame seemed to freeze him in place. Head falling back to stare at the night sky. The darkness spread to distance beyond the eyes ability. Small shining holes allowed the light of the stars through the night. "I suppose it's late."

That clicking once more began to echo, this time he was obviously moving. His arms spread out from his torso, and he began to spin. Clumsily moving side to side as he enjoyed his small dance. "It's the silence that draws me out at night, and allows me to be the real me." His klutzy swirl came to a very abrupt stop, facing his companion, his smiling beaming like a child who had a new friend. "What brings you to me tonight?"

6 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
Honestly, she hadn't thought about creatures that were IN the water when she'd lain there next to it, dipping her fingers in and pulling up ice covered fingers. It never really occured to her that she could have been seriously hurt, had there been a dangerous animal lurking below the surface of that clear water.

She didn't seem alarmed either, when he moved closer to her, the distance closing quickly. "Do you know what time it is?" she ask him, considering that it might not actually be THAT late. The sun had certainly set, and the moon was around in the big sky somewhere, but she didn't actually know what time it was. She hadn't spend enough time in the wilderness to be able to tell by the stars.

A giggle slipped through her pale lips as he started to spin and dance. Kouichi was like a big kid, a true child at heart. Perhaps that's why he remembered her. Because she felt a lot like that too. A child at heart, old enough to know better, but perhaps still too young to care. "I told you, your voice woke me up." she told him, hopping down to twirl with him, spinning herself in circles now, rather clumisly like he was. She managed to keep herself on her feet until about the fourth spin, when she mis-stepped and fell back, landing on her rear.

She let out a loud laugh and laid herself back on the wooden boards, her eyes still closed. "Oh!" she laughed again, her hands coming to her face. "That was fun!"

7 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
Time, that concept had completely slipped from him since he arrived to Caislin. Lifting his gaze to the sky once more, he looked for the hidden moon. "Oh judging by the chill to the air, the silence of even insects. I'd say probably around eleven at night." His words were so nonchalant about it. It held no true conviction, but wasn't a wild guess either. The sleeves of his keikogi jakcket came together, and he pulled out a black bandanna. Using it to tie up and even hide his lightning blond head of hair.

"Do the shadows still taunt you?" A rushed change of the subject. Once his hair was hidden, and he seemed to blur into the darkness even more. Then again, his eye lids parted. Revealing thought electric blue hues. The dull rays of the moon reaching his eyes, which illuminated with both electricity and reflection of the dim light.

His voice still stayed very friendly, though his smile faded. Hidden within the blanket of black, a worried frown crossed his lips. Still, he kept enough distance to remain out of reach. Just because he was willing to help with her personal fears. His own fears left much to be desired. "If you would help me find some dry wood and cloth, I can make a torch. Then you would have nothing to fear." A deceptive offer. Considering he had no control of flame. Though he did have a zippo hidden within his pocket at all times.

8 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She sat up when he told her how late it was. Wow! She'd slept that long...it had been what? Six or seven when she'd ventured from the garden to the bridge and started playing in the water some. And now it was eleven or so. "Oh my!" she exclaimed, her crystal fauceted eyes focusing on him. He looked so much different with that black bandana over his hair, and those electric blue eyes bright with thoughts and intelligence.

She took a moment to study him, committing him to memory. She would always be sure to remember this Kouichi-san, happy and smiling, his arura carefree. That one night, so long ago, he'd seemed preterbed about something, although what she wasn't sure. "Shadows...oh. Well, I'm still alittle afraid of the dark, but my journey back to Caislin should be fine." she thought about it for a moment, picturing herself walking up the path from the bridge to the castle. She could picture the torch, shadows enhanced by the presence of light, drawing out creatures who were drawn to the light.

"While I apperciate the offer," she paused to stand up and move back to her seat on the railing, having to climb a little to get there. "I think I'd rather walk in the dark. Light enhances the shadows, and draws out creatures of the night. I'd like to avoid most of those." Mikel was techincally considered a creature of the night, but she didn't mind running into him. She directed her attention back to her friend, lest she start blushing.

"But again, thank you." she smiled sweetly. "Since you're here, I don't suppose we could work on ability enhancement. I'd love to see what another one of your discharges could do for my abilities." she told him, almost excitedly now. Her clear eyes lit up, the moon reflecting in them.

9 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"Unfortunately a discharge is impossible at the moment. Sorry." His right foot pushed off using the toe of the sandal, sending him into one last spin on his left heel. "My static charge usually stays at a car battery level." His words in a chuckle as that foolish smile came back. "It builds up over time. I can give off sparks though, or produce a static field. That may help you."

That out in the open, he began to widen his smile. This idea should offer some compensation. "I must confess, it was brilliant they things you can produce. I'll always offer up my lightning to aide your art." With a slight bow of the head, he spoke.

His childish and carefree nature emerged once more. As though an explosion from deep within his body. Hands diving into his pants pocket. With a light laugh, he took two steps and hopped so that his sandals caught and balanced on the rail beside her. Though he faced the opposite way. "Shall we start then? This beautiful flaw only we can create."

10 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
Disappointment spread through her like a disease, dampening her eyes so that they weren't reflective anymore. Her dirty hair looked even more unkempt and lifeless, her complexion ghastly and sick-like as a frown tilted her pale lips downward. He didn't need to discharge right now, and she had so hoped...

Thinking about the last time though, really thinking about it made her features perk up some. Before when he'd discharged, it had been hard to see beyond the pretty colors and sparks, but afterwards she'd seen the pain...how much it hurt him to do that. She was glad that he didn't need to do that now.

Her wide-child like eyes once again took on a soft glow in the darkness and she nodded, turning her back some, so that her back was pressed aganist his. "You're so kind Kouichi-san! Alright, now, lets see what we can acomplish here. And...you're not going to shock me...are you?" she ask cautiously, turning her head some to glance back at him. Would it be worth the pain to have her abilities enhanced? She wasn't so sure she could answer that...

11 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"I always keep my promises... Whether it costs me my humanity, or my life." His feet worked as though he was a bird, perked upon a small limb. Slowly removing his back and turning around to face the same direction as her. His left palm aimed directly in front of them. Now bound by his word, it meant very little if he went insane. In his mind he already had a plan.

"I'm gonna create a small field of static in my palm, no matter how cold you have to make it. Lock the sparks in ice. Got it?" It burned. The exact spot on his back which he leaned on. It was a nerve burning sensation. The pain was like a million tiny shallow slashes along his back. His eyes closed back their paper thin slits. Slow deep breathes escaped him. "Angelica-san... If I go for my swords at all, or scare you... Freeze me. Cold winds, ice, anything you can do to make my body temperature drop. Okay?"

She was the safe guard. Her icy talents would secure her safety. It was a peace of mind to just say that to her though. With one last deep exhale, the paper thin slits began to shimmer from under the lids. Two tiny harmless sparks beginning to dance around the air just in front of his palm. Soon more sparks began to join for a total of ten. The small collection of static charge left a small humming of power in the air.

12 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She too turned on the railing, sitting with her legs tucked under her, in America they had called it Indian style. But it was comfortable enough for now, and would more than suffice for her purposes.

And the best thing was, that she was used to people being repelled by her touch. Her icy cold skin, while normal to her, felt so cold to other people apparently. For her, the whole change over from 'normal teenager' to 'icy freak' had been fairly painless...if you could overlook the teasing and hurtful looks her parents had given her. But she was probably making it sound worse than what it really was. Her heart thudded in her chest now, anticipating what would happen here and now.

She shifted a little and leaned in, nodding her acknowledgement of what she was to do in case of an emegerency. She wouldn't hesitate to defend her life if she needed to, but she hoped for both their sakes, that it wouldn't come to that. She could freeze his arm solid if she had to. But she desperately hoped to avoid that. Maybe they should wait until someone else was here? Maybe someone who could ensure that neither of them would get hurt...

The thought fled her. She wasn't a child anymore! She had to start acting more like the woman she was instead of the teenager she had once been. She focused herself on the sparks that shot out of his hands and put her hands up as well. She put her palms towards him, her fingers clentched tightly together as she funnelled enegry into her abilities.

She let out a deep breath, her eyebrows knitting together in concentration. The ice cube appeared, freezing around the electric spark. She hadn't opted for a specific color, so the yellow hue of the ice caught her by suprise. But she didn't stop at just one, no she continued, making an attempt to freeze them all, even if it was one by one. Her crystal eyes were intent, as she studied the next spark. She bit at her lips slightly, her eyes narrowing as she froze that one too, the cube itself alight with the power within it.

After the second one, she let her hands drop, mentally exhausted for the moment. She was even panting a little. But her cyrstal eyes were open wide now, as she examined the yellow cube of ice, suspended in the air like it was. But she was too afraid to touch it.

"Wow..." she breathed.

13 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
Seeing how delighted she was, sparked a burst of childish energy. The remaining eight free flying sparks dissipated. The two froze cubes left. With a sly smirk, his face was left imitating the fox masks of Japan. His right leg lifted and bent at the knee. The two elevation blocks of wood resting on his inner left thigh. Now in position, the two cubes were thrown up into the air and he began to juggle them.

"Did you do anything fun before you came here, Angelica-san? A job you liked, or friends you played with?" His question was almost monotone. No wonder though, he was juggling two cubes of ice. "You don't have to answer, but I was wondering." His left hand retreated into his pants pocket. Leaving his right hand to do all the work.

In a sense, this was his way of social interaction. As though he had to perform some feat to feel comfortable. Also a way to pass time so that she could catch her breath. A fool must be a fool though. For to be something else would be to be someone else. That was his philosophy. The thought had crossed his mind at one time, did others wonder what he did before? He always had a habit of behaving like a circus freak. He not only enjoyed it, but also it was his family's business.

14 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
Her eyes drew away from the frozen spark and back to his. She still looked fairly exhausted, but child-like wonder quickly replaced it. "It's so neat..." she whispered, watching as he juggled them nearly effortlessly.

She continued to watch the cubes as he tossed them round and round. The wheels in her mind were turning, sparking more ideas. This could be a very effective attack! But what would happen if they threw it at something? Would it catch something on fire or would it make something explode? Or would it simply electrocute their target? It was no wonder it took her a moment to answer when so many questions jumped around in her mind.

"Oh..uhm, well. I'm orginally from America. I used to do things like snow ball fights or go to the beach, the mall, slumber-parties...girly stuff like that. I like reading too though. I suppose I was a bit of a loner on my own before this...happened." she laughed, flushing a little. She hadn't realized how spoiled she'd been until she'd been left to her own devices, with barely anything to travel with, and only a notion of the area to go to.

"What did you do before you came here? Ya know...for fun." she ask him, reaching out to take one of the cubes from his juggling act. She inspected the cube, she even took to looking at him through the cube, one eye closed as she held it up to see through.

15 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:34 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"I was a street performer. My family business is street performing." Snatching the last cube from the air, he grinned. By now he had started to calm down once more. She seemed to need a rest. Which didn't surprise him. She didn't seem like a fighter. "By training our bodies and sharpening our skills, we performed life threatening acts."

With a soft smile, he looked away. "I knew it wasn't normal." With a soft sigh, he began to sprinkle sparks over the remaining ice cube she left him with. "But I'm here now. I live, I breath. Why mourn what has not died?"

He held a sense of pride about who he was before. Though there was still much he wasn't sure if he wanted to share. Though, he had to admit, this ice girl was possible his second friend here. She was fun to be around. Never really trying to touch him much. He enjoyed that part, but he felt the urge to jump away still every time she got too close without his approval. It did pop into his mind to tell her of his phobia.

"For fun, I suppose kenjutsu... Unlike kendo, the usual sport. It is a much darker side. A way I can be myself. To practice alone, that way no one is harmed. One slip up and someone could really get hurt." His smile never left. Sure, it must have sounded crazy. Maybe he was crazy. A lunatic even.

16 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:57 am

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She pulled the cube away from her eye and took to examining it again. She only looked up again when he said he had been a street performer, a wide smile pulling over her pale lips. Street performing! How fun that had to have been!

She tramped down her questions by locking her jaw tightly so she didn't interrupt him. Her crystal eyes focused on him, her head tilted a little. She nodded a little too, to let him know she was listening, not just staring at him intensely. Why had she never thought of street performing? Or she could sell her ice figurines in already cold places. They wouldn't melt for a very long time if it was already cold out.

"That must have been a lot of fun!" she exclaimed when he was done, barely able to contain her enthusiasm. "Kouichi-san, you must teach me something. I've never met a real live street performer before." she gave him a childish grin and held out the ice cube for him again, holding it at the top and with only two fingers, so that he wouldn't have to touch her.

It hadn't escaped her notice that he didn't like being touched. And she wondered if that was because she was so cold in comparison or if it was just in general? She mentally shrugged it off. It really didn't matter. She'd try to respect it none-the-less. If he put his hand out, she'd drop the cube into it, if not then she'd twirl it around using only her two fingers.

"So you've trained hard all your life. Were you born with your abilities? Or did they come into play when you got older?" she had wondered if his abilities had come to him like hers had, but she'd never ask before now. Of course, this was only her second time seeing him too.

17 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:11 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"Born with them. Like my father, the fire-user. My mother, the clairvoyant. And my brother, a water-user." With a soft chuckle, he held out his hand. Accepting the cube of ice. "Family lore says its a pact with the Four Great Beasts." Once more he began to juggle the cubes. Almost effortlessly staring directly at her as he performed and spoke.

With a fluent removal of his hands, his right foot came up. Using an inward arc, he began to bounce the cubes of ice upon the inside of his sandal. "Though, unlike the rest, I have never been able to truly control my ability. As I grew, I learned how to discharge. If I don't, I run the risk of damaging internal organs."

Like it didn't phase him, he spoke of the self destructive power. "I've also learned it is easier to harm my outer body, instead of internal organs. My skin will take a darkened, charcoal color." There, his limits and history were now her's also. If she wished to use him to obtain new brilliant colors, he would. Still is was fair to let her know the truth of his abilities. "And you, did you always enjoy the icy embrace of a penguin?" A stupid joke, but he felt the mood needed to be lightened a bit.

18 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 am

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She listened intently, a smile tilted her features to more of a pixie, instead of the girl she was. Facinating. So he'd been born with his powers, and all his family had similar abilities. It struck her that she might have been born into the wrong family. How much different could her life had been if she'd been born to Kouichi's family instead of her own? It was a question that could and would never be answered.

She only frowned when he mentioned hurting himself, but she understood that it was part of it. Once, she'd tried not to use her ability on a daily basis, to ignore what others had percieved a curse. And it had backfired in a major way. Her skin had become blue and she had suffered pain like she'd never felt before. Until she finally used up the building magic. She'd never done that again. Everyday, she did small things to help keep it from coming back.

She clapped lightly when he balanced the ice cubes on his wooden shoe, her smile returning. But the answer to his question burned her. Forbidden! her brain screamed. She hadn't told anyone the full story of what happened. But she wanted to, the urge was there to tell him, to tell anyone.

"Well...no. Honestly, I never knew that I could do anything special until I was sixteen and it just sorta hit. I woke up one morning, sick because of the heat. My hair had changed from brown to white, my green eyes to crystal." she glanced down into the dark water, barely able to make out her form. "My parents...well, I was an only child, and they couldn't stand to look at me anymore. I can still hear my Mothers scream when she found me." She fought hard aganist the tears that whelled in her eyes, but they fell anyway, streaming down pale face.

She sniffled and quickly wiped them away to smile sadly back at him. Why the sudden outburst of emotion? She straightened her face and pushed all the sadness away. "But, here I am, alive and well. So like you said, why weep for what was and what could have been. I am happy for what I have here." she nodded.

19 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
His keikogi jacket fluttered down over her shoulders. She may enjoy the cold, but the nights could be cruel. "Life is not a question, it is a statement." His foot jerked up the cubes and with a swift, hard arc. Contact was made. The kick sending the cubes of ice into a post of the bridge. Still he smiled. Like their conversation was the wind. The gloom did not stick.

How could such a sad thing happen to such a sweet girl? That didn't matter as much now. They were already at Caislin. "Our blood is important. Connecting us to others. Though it doesn't mean we have a family. We must find those." What did mean mean? Hell, even Kouichi had no clue. It just seemed like it would comfort her. "I'm sure you've found someone."

Leaving the keikogi over her shoulders. He sat down on the railing of the bridge. "Perhaps you just don't look in the right places." A soft sigh escaping his lips. What to do? What to say? It was all kind of different. Perhaps not saying anything was best. Maybe not. Nothing had prepared him for comforting or helping someone.

20 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She blinked, looking up at him when his jacket found it's way over her shoulders. She didn't actually put her arms through it, but she did pull it tightly around her, like a safety blanket to help ease her pain. And strangely, it did. Her mood lifted, her eyes brightened. He seemed to understand more than she would have thought.

It didn't become crystal clear to her, but it began to make sense. She wasn't sad that her parents felt she was freak. It honestly didn't bother her anymore. But she had taken Nana's death hard. The woman saw something in her that no one else had seen, and in her deepest moment of sorrow over the love lost from her parents, Nana had pushed her to overcome that. "Sometimes, life hands you a bad apple. You can eat it and get sick, or you can throw it away and find something better!" her voice rang in her head.

She sniffled again, and wiped her eyes, one hand still holding the jacket closed. "Thank you Kouichi. I do have people here. More friends than I ever thought I'd have." she told him, smiling now. Her crystal eyes seemed to clear of all sadness. "I'm in the right place now...where I'm supposed to be." she couldn't understand what it was that had called her here, but whatever it was, she was thankful.

"I've rested enough...would you like to try more training?" she ask him softly, a spark lighting in her eyes again.

21 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 am

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"You're sure you wanna continue? Don't push yourself too much. It's hard to synch up with someone when you have never done it before." He chuckled. The jacket made things much easier. "A new concept should have been explained first, no?" Hopping off the railing, he pulled the jacket closed over her stomach and rested his hand on the fabric.

"Being in synch, means not only perfect timing. It also means we are on the same wave length on emotional and physical level. Our emotions must not clash, and our breathing must match." Using the jacket he pulled her to the center of the bridge and spun around her. His chest pressing to her back through his jacket. "Just breath... I'll match you."

He simply waited. Feeling the pace of breathing. Listening to the depth. Matching with the exhale first. "Keep your eyes ahead. And when you see the sparks in the air. Freeze them into a ice spike and put them into the railing. Ok?" Left hand raising directly next to her ear, so that she could not see it. He inhaled again, staying matched up with her breathing the best he could. Then it began. That static crackling of electricity, danced around the air. A single spark beginning to teasingly flutter in front of her. A tester for a new method.

22 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She was glad to see that her moment of raw emotion had not scared him away. She was less than sure of what had happened just a moment ago, but she felt like their friendship was stronger now. In fact, he almost felt like a bit of a big brother now. The idea made her smile.

She listened intently when he explained and concentrated hard on what she was doing, sorting herself out. It wasn't easy to get the tangled mess of emotions that she was under control and clear her head. But she managed. She followed his pull until she stood in the center of the bridge, her back to him. She watched ahead, her arms sliding through the jacket until it was on properly. A little big, but it was comfortable.

She inhaled deeply and set her breathing so that it was steady and light, but still deep to. It was also what she'd used for meditation when she'd first started. She watched ahead of her, her head tilted down a little in concentration. Determination sparked in her eyes and she waited. One hand reached up slightly to help better control her abilities.

The first spark did not catch her by surprise, and although she'd thought she was ready, she sent an ice spike into the railing, empty. It quickly shattered, the broken pieces scattering over the ground. Her crystal eyes hardened a little. She didn't speak though, she didn't move, only looked ahead, waiting for her next chance.

23 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
His lips spread into a sly smirk. She caught on fast. "Good, now keep your steady breath. Feel for the change in pressure, just before the spark shows up. Predict its location. Don't try to snatch it then send it flying. Aim and fire through the spark. Catch the electrons in the moment." His voice was almost a whisper, as though imprinting it into her mind subconsciously.

His eyes were shielded as always by their lids. Though still allowed to see. As he watched, now completely matching her breathing. "Don't try to catch the spark. Shoot through it." He repeated.

As his last word left his lips, the spark came. This one slightly larger. Not noticeably. Then he began to wait. It was all up to her now. Not that it HAD to happen now. But sooner or later she would get it. And then, she would be one step closer to her goal.

24 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 am

Angelica

Bronze
Bronze
She barely noticed him talking, although she heard him. It really felt like she wasn't her own person anymore. It seemed to her that they were connected, almost like one person, although she couldn't read his thoughts anymore than he could read hers. She'd never felt that in sync with another person...not like this.

The words sank in...printing themselves on her mind, just like he wanted. Predict where it would come up...shoot through it, not at it. Such an easy concept...how had she not gotten it before? Her eyes slowly closed and she stopped looking. Just like with meditation, she let herself feel. She pulled in another deep steady breath.

Despite her closed eyes though, she still saw the spark. It lit up behind her eyes, but her ice was already formed. It shot out of nowhere, with an increased speed and shot through the spark. It captured the spark and stuck into the railing of the bridge, the yellow ice gleaming in the moonlight. She relaxed now, her crystal eyes opening.

Her eyes widened, and she grinned, a little amazed. "Wow.." she whispered, and turned a little to look at him. "I did it..." she breathed softly, her breathing still easy and steady. "Again?" she ask him softly, turning again.

This time her eyes closed at the get go, and she prepared, sinking into the feeling of being one person with him. "Again..." she whispered, feeling out, ready this time.

25 Re: What goes down, must rise back up. on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Aizawa Kouichi

Bronze
Bronze
"Yes..." He nodded. With a sky rocketing pride. "Good, good. Indeed again." His praises were short as he stayed with her. She caught on so fast, it was pleasing not to have to sit there and lecture. He was no teacher.

As she inhaled, as did he. Followed by the exhale. His gaze focused on the point where he would place a spark this time. He hesitated slightly. The sensation of heat filling his palm. This didn't slow him down a bit though.

The spark began to form, the very core seemed like a solid spark, though the electrons around it seemed to dance out into the sky a bit more. Causing it to appear more like fireflies surrounding a ball of light. These sparks held blue and green tints.

"Instead of a spike, try another shape. Maybe a spiked ball. Anything that wot break when it hits the wood at least."This way she got not only comfortable with the spark, but also other shapes. The sparks grew in numbers, allowing her more choices of what and how she was going to form the ice. They still stayed fairly close together. Like a swarm of fireflies dancing in the night sky.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum