Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Home sweet home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home sweet home

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Home sweet home Empty Home sweet home Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

(OOC note: The time frame is set for July, as to not confuse itself with the previous threads in this area and to prevent paradoxing).

The first thing Riley knew he had returned to the old air of Caislin Hallows was the smell. It was a tentative mixture of greenery, the smell of the darkened earth passing through the ages, and only the tiniest hint of pollution on the horizon. It was different from the states; a combination of asphalt, acidic air, and grime that always left a blackened stain on his flesh that could only be cleaned away with hours of bathing. Although he was born in the states, he never felt at home there. Maybe his old mind would find solace in the freshly cut manicured grass, the plastic swing sets, and the smell of oil from old pickups; however, that child was long gone. He made sure of that with the amount of exposure to the darkest parts of human society.

Fear. Pain. Death.

Those three dreadful predicaments followed him as he left Caislin Hallows several months before, haunting him like an everlasting boil on his skin. Popping up at the worst possible moments, and reminding him of his frailty and insignificance as a lone human being in society. No matter how much he toned his body, calibrated the left arm with a variety of tools and weapons, and awakened deeper powers within... he was only one man against the world of fools. In many cases, a sledgehammer that someone else controlled from the shadows. No matter how far he ran, how abysmally stretched himself to help control his emotions, his character, his sanity, and his inner peace... there was never enough time to find the consolidation and fulfill many of his wishful goals that had been wrecking his mind since he had first arrived at Cailsin Hallows. There was one particular item that had never withdrew itself from his mind, a driving force that was cynical in its own right. A feeling that lead him astray across the globe, digging himself into a variety of things and yet inevitably driving him back to the great land from which he escaped.

What was his purpose?

No matter how much he sold himself, bought, saved, donated... and even killed, he could never feel satisfied with many of the odd jobs he accomplished. He tried the everyday life, running a small shop in a forgotten town. Found someone, and attempted the dream of an everyday, ordinary life. Nevertheless, those who dip their hands in blood can never find the everlasting peace they deserve. They are constantly on the run, always fighting and driving back their worst fears and enemies alike.

He had to keep moving, the beast within would not let him settle down. It craved for excitement. It also reminded him that it was still there, always tempting him with delectable delights and memories from his previous days when they were more bright and cheery. It would use them as a tool to help control Riley and attempt to gain control of his body one step at a time. It had gain control before several times at Caislin Hallows, and a few times when he had left. Blood and destruction always drove it mad, and through shear emotion, it would break the bounds Riley constricted it to. Even so, Riley was no fool. This was his place, his body, and he was not going to let take what small portion he valued more than anything else.

His freedom.

At that thought, the creature stirred within and gave a mighty growl. Riley adjusted the rutsack as he stopped in an alley way to examine his surroundings. Over the last several months, the city began to shift at a dramatic pace. There were two parts to the city now; there was a more industrialized section, which was under construction when he left, and the old city in which he was exploring now. He thought about going to the castle first, as many of his belongings were kept in storage secretly in the caverns of Caislin, but it was already late and he needed to rest his head after several days of travel. Craning his head, he began to look for an inn, tavern, or motel so he could get a bite to eat and crash into some stale sheets for the night.

It was alot colder in Ireland than in the southern parts of the States during this time of the year, so he could get away with wearing long slacks, a dark long sleeved over shirt, and thick shoes that hid many of his tools and instruments that he could hide on his person at one time. The rut sack was mainly for show; it would look weird if a person traveling did not carry his luggage with him. Nevertheless, it contained the necessary toiletries and a couple changes of clothes. Everything else was going to be shipped in by a steam of small packages from the states. It was costly, but it helped to keep suspicion down and it made the load easier for the travel across the Atlantic.

When he took a step towards a possible solution, he felt a voice whisper in his mind. It was quite eerie, but was accustomed to it now. The creature within loved to toy with his thoughts, and in many cases, give sound advice. It also kept him preoccupied when he was alone for days on end.

How does it feel to be back?

Cracking his neck, Riley merely sighed at the thought. Its dark alley ways, twisting corners, and dart forest that surrounded the land made it a stalkers playground and a victims nightmare. The limited overcast of maybe a few hours of sunlight per day made it easier for men to move in the shadows to find their targets. The random arrangement of buildings and lack of real security made movement a breeze, only restrictive by the outsiders. The taverns were easy to come by, and everything was paid in cash. It was a living nightmare to track someone in this hell hole, and yet harder to stay invisible if someone caught his scent. The thoughts rolled in the back of his head as he began to approach the 'Hog Head' tavern,his mind a mutable rumble of thoughts. Answering the creature with a calm, sour grace, he kept his piercing blue eyes forward without any remorse for his sanity or nearby persons within earshot.

"Nothing like home sweet home..."

2Home sweet home Empty Re: Home sweet home Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:17 pm

(OOC Note: This particular thread is occurring time-frame wise after the thread I posted in the other day by Lillian – so even though that one hasn’t progressed passed my reply post to her yet I have to assume we will end up meeting and of course me seeing she’s different as I am =P Which is the basis to my characters thoughts in this post)

“Don’t hinder the path that awaits you, open your mind to the impossible and always be aware that nothing is what it seems – fate will guide you but you ultimately choose your own destiny”

That wise adage that Master Vladimir imparted upon her years ago now plagued her thoughts like a terminal affliction since meeting Lillian that night in the forest several moons ago – not truly understanding the symbolism behind it….until now. What was this place? Who were these interesting characters that resided here? Traveling to this unusual asylum and discovering these arcane and enigmatic lands seemed no coincidence. She had been confronted with the ever present possibility in the past and now the sudden reality that there is a world within our own, challenging the imagination. She had disregarded her natural instinct and ability until now, assuming she was just an anomaly; a piece of the puzzle that didn’t belong. The taunting random memories of various moments in her life where she overlooked the signs that this folklore world existed exposed themselves within her psyche; those inexplicable supernatural experiences, those visions of monsters lurking in the shadows and within crowds of pedestrians that seemed surreal in the moment but in realization were all too absolute. It was a hidden world that desired and sought to remain subtle and subdued and did well not to draw attention from the human race – their minds usually too closed off leaving them blind to the mystic and whimsical creatures of great power that walked among them anyhow; she herself had failed to truly see and accept it – but now it was impossible and absurd not to.

This particular town seemed different than the other places she had traveled however…the true mortal and comparatively weak human race the ones that try to hide themselves from the beautiful wonders and dangers of the otherworldly creatures and beings that inhabit this area – rarely venturing into these parts on purpose. A world of magic, adventure, peril and endless possibilities – it made her intoxicated with curiosity and excitement in that she wasn’t deserted on this forsaken planet as the only ‘freak’ to gait the streets; there were others just as perfectly flawed and unique as she was and a world of imagination awaiting her. Enthralling and polarizing, having an almost magnetic attraction for those of supernatural, monstrous and divine power – it seemed the true outcasts of this world found sanctuary within this place’s alluring clutches. The very thought of what more she could possibly discover tickled her imagination and made her euphoric with childlike enthusiasm. And as if warning and taunting the world to take heed her plush lips parted to whisper under her breathe as she gazed out among the currently docile town; a mischievous smirk soon following…

“Watch out…here I come…”

Arms nestled snug across her voluptuous chest - the cool crisp air fondling her silky, lavender locks, tossing them about gently. It sending faint chills along her flesh as piercing amethyst orbs continued admiring the obscure and statuesque characteristics of the town she had slowly descended upon and inconspicuously watched from the shadows whilst debating with her thoughts. Leaning her head back, pressing it against the frigid and coarse brick of the alley walls she allowed her eyes to relax but for a moment, somewhat exhausted now from her travels the past couple of days.

Tucked and hidden among the carnal blackness that was contained within the alleyway, the only company gracing her with its presence was a small mouse that scavenged for crumbs – the pitter patter of its little feet was the only thing that could be heard, aside from the hush of dwindling conversations in the streets. She decided it was time to put some of her reflections aside and explore this town a bit; finding a place to grab a bite to eat and something to drink sounded like a good way to start. Eyes opening, glinting under the hazy light of the moon she pushed herself forward, emerging from the depths of the back streets cover, pausing for a moment to gaze about – eyes peering over the few citizens that were left strolling amidst. Reaching a hand up she pushed her digits through the length of her hair, pulling a few strands from her cheeks before tugging the hood of her jacket up over her head; the tips of her fingers gently sliding down the brown suede fabric before her hands slipped into the front pockets hugging the garment close to her petite frame – curvaceous hips swaying ever so lightly as she trekked leisurely across the cobblestone and dirt encompassed avenue.

The heels of her boots kicked gingerly at small pebbles that littered the path as she made her way, surveying the quaint little shops as she passed by. The various diverse stores that adorned the streets were quite amusing, especially the unique names that were bestowed upon them. With a courteous and playful bow she greeted those that regarded her, displaying a wicked yet charming smile – oddly enough she was comfortable here and felt as if she had lived here all her life. However…knowing everything’s place was a completely different story, she thought to herself. In that moment of questioning her directional sense, her ears perked up at the faint voice coming from a man that wasn’t too far away from her, yet seemed to be within his own world.

"Nothing like home sweet home..." - the man said softly

Those words uttered intrigue to her…was he born here? And what exactly was he….something about him was off but that didn’t mean in a bad way. Candidly watching him she tentatively noticed the building he seemed to be en route too, the ‘Hog Head’ tavern. Tilting her head some to the side, a hand resting gently atop her chin - she pondered for a moment if maybe they offered all the services she desired at this time.

“Hmm…”

3Home sweet home Empty Re: Home sweet home Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Riley Simmons

Riley Simmons
Silver
Silver

The falling night sky offered some solace to the ending of the day. The night would be cooler, granting him some peace as his feet crunched underneath the weathering stones of the old pebbled road. It was uncomfortable to tread upon for too long, as the uneven surfaces made it harder to keep upright footing over a series of walking for several hours. Nevertheless, rest was always a welcoming call along with an ice cold beer to top off the night. His eyes shifted to the shady sign as his mind would start to draw close towards the thought of some warm food in his belly. But as his foot took a step towards the doorway, he felt a nagging sensation in the back of his mind. Something different was on the horizon. Something... was off nearby. He paused briefly at the doorway, but he let his body relax as he let his senses reach out to feel around his surroundings. Old predatory instincts kicked in as the monster began to stir from within.

Parinoid? It called cutely from within.

It's condescending tone reverberated through his spine when his feet turned towards the adjacent alley way that lead around the tavern deeper into the city. He would try to tread normally, but even his careful steps made them a bit lighter than normal. It was as if he was trying to mask his footprints. It took a bit of focus, but his steps evened out as he rounded a corner and down another alley way. He slowly started to remember that there was a more populated tavern, a place where he had been before. A tavern he left in a fit of rage and mixed emotions. It would be more crowded, and there he could blend in a bit easier, even if the memories of months before were still fresh like a wound with a new scab.

"Intuition" He whispered quietly to himself.

The monster mocked the thought as Riley shifted the rutsack from his right hand to his left. The feeling and strain on his right hand disappeared as his left hand held no feeling, only the pressuring pull of the item on his hands. It made it awkward, but he had gotten used to it. Hell, every so often he would have to scratch the back palm of his left hand every so often to scratch that itch. Phantom Limb. Follows him years after.

A final turn leads him on a one hundred foot straightaway down a 6 foot wide alley way, littered with debris, fire escapes, and steaming sewer lines. It would lead to the backdoor of the tavern. He would keep his eyes glancing, finding a few mirror like objects to check behind him. He did not want to alert himself, but he was curious to see what that weird vibe he got. The creature inside would muse at the thought, and it made Riley wonder if the creature inside was playing tricks on him again.

It had a habit of playing with his mind when it was bored.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum