Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! Empty Such A Mess!!!!!!! Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Cleaning day, such a mess this school has turned itself into. With all the students being busy and forgetting to wipe their feet, all the way to dust covering the chandeliers that haven’t been touched since the school year started last year. With a soft sigh Merisa was dressed for once, in something not radiant and classy. But in jean shorts and a black tank top that were ready to get dirty, quite a strange sight if someone she had met had caught her in such drag. She had gotten done with the main hall, and worked her way down the hall which made her run into the large doors of the library.

With a slight groan she stared at the door for a moment then pressed on through to the other side. ’’Oh my good gracious…Thousands of books, nooks and crannies. Plus windows!’’ A long groan came from the girl, and quickly she took a handful of clean cloths and shoved them into her back pocket and grabbed a bottle of all purpose cleaner and wood polish and headed into the isles of books. She hadn’t paid attention to see if anyone was even in the Library this early in the morning. But as it had been so empty for so many months, she wouldn’t have known the difference at this point.

The next sounds to erupt from the young girl would be the loud thudding of towers of books she pulled off of the shelves, dusted then put on the floor. She continued this all the way down the isle, going down one side then coming back up on the other until every book was put on the floor and the shelves completely empty. ’’Step one complete!’’ She went through again, climbing onto the thick wooden shelves and started to scrub them down with a clean cloth she had in her back pocket, spraying the cleaner about until it covered the entire shelf, wiping it clean, then doing the same with the wood polish.

’’Need a god damn librarian to keep this shit clean…Bad enough I have the rest of the school to do still.’’ Her grumbling continued as she moved down the length of the shelf, then climbing up one higher and doing the same, routine work but it was work at the least.

http://www.freewebs.com/smokingscharacterprofiles

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"By all that is holy, what is this racket?" Celestine's accent was distinctively Welsh. He had appeared at the isle and looked up to the woman and the books lined up in the isles. "Good God woman. The floor is cluttered! What the hell...are you doing in MY library?"

The question was rhetorical as it was quite obvious the woman was cleaning, but why. The books on the shelves were ventilated. They had no reason to require extensive shelving. The room was designed in such a way that drafts kept moisture from accumulating even though the country was nowhere dry. Celestine crossed his arms and glared up at her, pushing his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose.

"My name is Ravnos. Celestine Ravnos, and I'm the librarian here at Caislin Hallows. Would you please be so kind as to explain your purpose for this....for this...for this vandalism?"

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Merisa’s entire body tensed and she stared down at this little creature that was screaming up at her as she held cleaner and cloth in hand. Pulling herself out of the shelf she stared down at the little man for just a second before she scooted down the ladder only to become slightly shorter than his own standing. The look that fell upon her face, seemed like she was about ready to scorn the youngling like he was nothing more than a five year with paint covering the walls.

Then a smile fell over her face, and a gentle giggle escaped as she lifted her hand and covered her lips with the back of her hand. ’’Lookie here, this name tag here.’’ Her hand dropped, and a finger pointed at the white name tag that said ‘MerisaAnne’ across it in large bold black letters. ’’This means I was sent here, to clean, replace and shine the school and all it’s belongings.’’

She stepped only slightly closer to the one before her, pressing a finger to his chest. ’’Perhaps if someone kept the dust off the books, they wouldn’t have sent me in here in the first place.’’ She grinned from ear to ear, taking a step back and turning her head back to the ladder staring up at it a moment before she started back up the steps.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine's arms were crossed, and his face held a scowl, causins his glasses to slide down to the tip of his nose, creating a look he had meant to be powerful and commanding. Instead, it might have given an unmeant comical effect.

"Miss Merisa, is it?" He had no chance as she continued to state her purpose and had the gall to press her finger against him. He dared not look down lest he fall for the oldest trick in the book. Instead, he gingerly took her finger as if it were a piece of dirt, stepped back, and let the so called 'dirt' fall heavily from his grip.

"Perhaps if unpatient students would give a recently-arrived librarian a chance, the library wouldn't need such-" Celestine stopped as the woman merely started back up the steps, "Dammit, woman. I don't care if you're here to clean, but at least do it the right way. Those books stay on the shelf, you know!"

His face was flustered and his glasses now tilted oddly on his face. He shook his hand in the air to try to tell her to come back down.

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Merisa was usually the type that would sit and argue every little point, just to make sure the purpose was presented correctly. But at this time, she just didn’t have the time. There were at the very least a hundred book stands that needed to be gone through to make sure there were no dead animals, food, or nests being built out of the very fabric of the books. On her way up to the top shelf once again she laid the cleaner and cloth down to rest on it as her head yanked and glanced down at the man at the bottom of the ladder.

’’Do watch your tone sir, it’s quite rude to use obscenities around women.’’ With a huff she started back down the ladder once again. Landing on the floor from a slight jump down she folded her arms over her chest and just stared at the man for a moment. Her lips curling into a smirk as those mismatched hues darted over the boy for just a moment before letting a slight chuckle escape her. ’’The new Librarian you say? Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you…’’ She could only smirk at the waste of time this had begun to turn into. One hand lifted from her crossed arms, and tapped slightly against the lower part of her lip.

’’Perhaps you can enlighten and assist then? Besides critism is only best served with actions.’’ That smirk couldn’t fade from the new permanent position it finally took.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"I will not change my tone just because you're a woman." He kept his arms crossed, "That's what 1942 in America was all about. Equality for office. I'll treat you like i treat anyone else messing with my library be you man, woman, beast, or anything."

He jumped back again with the sudden landing onto the floor. From Celestine's point of view, Merisa was just....some bloody woman. Walking into his library. Telling him what to do....and that grin. It scared him with good right.

He lost any smile, smirk, or anything along those lines. He glowered at the woman, and his hands went to his sides. "You know what. I could always supervise. Let's just say that I don't mind you cleaning if you clean my way. I have my own duties to perform. Housecleaning is not one of them."

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

The grin on her face only extended, as the tapping against her lips moved in a quicker pace. As she listened to him speak about the past and the things that slowly started to change life itself and give new meaning. She watched as he jumped back when she landed, causing her to take a step forward to meet eye to eye once again. This tempted adaptation of his cleaning ways was almost irritating in a sort of sense, which made her hand snap out and point towards him. ’’Well, perhaps you should get back to your duties, and let the rest of us continue on with our own. ‘’

Quickly her hand snapped up to point at the top of the ladder for just a moment before returning the touch back to her face, resting slightly upon the palm as she stared back at the boy before her. With a quirk of her brow her body would shift from one leg to the next taking in a deep breath before over looking the shelving unit and the books that sat upon it. ’’Do you understand that these shelves haven’t had a decent in cleaning in over fifty years? And most of the books are almost as old as this castle!’’ The woman gave a slight grump sound before burying her lips into her hand only staring at that face across from her.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine pushed his crooked glasses up to the bridge of his nose where they straightened, giving him a more serious look once again. Bloody woman. "If these shelves haven't been cleaned in fifty years or so," he began, suddenly pointing at her, "Then you mustn't be doing your job properly. Indeed, you must have been here longer than I if you're trying to give me that type of attitude to your elders."

Somehow Celestine knew he'd regret those words, but then his pride was too busy being prideful to think about that little fact. He began pacing in front of her, giving the impression of deep thought. He kept this up for approximately one minute, during the time he did not bother paying attention to the bloody woman despite how loud she may have become. Let her yell. The library will yell back eventually.

Without prelude, he stopped, faced Merisa and nodded as if having come to a decision. "Be that the case that the shelves have not been cleaned in such a span, we can make the assumption that there is no dust under the books. Thus, there is no need to remove books. That only makes more work for you which is something I do not want to lose sleep over."

He placed a hand under his chin, bringing his thoughts to surface. "Being said, you will dust the shelves without moving the books. Dust the top of the shelves and feather dust over the books, removing only visible trash. Thus done, sweep the floors with a broom and dispose of all trash. By the time you are finished, I'm sure you'll have the shelves much cleaner in a shorter amount of time."

He then allowed himself to give that roguish grin with closed eyes, only imagining the wonderful look on her face as he now turned the tables on her. "All without having to move a single book. Agreed oh hard worker of mine?" Said her 'supervisor.'

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

As he spoke she could only laugh, but she covered her mouth with her hand and hid the smile that cracked out along her face. As he continued on, spouting the silliest of things her head could only shake her head still. ’’Elders?....Elders?! Mister Librarian, you’ve got to only be a few years older than me, and that does not make you into an elder if anything it just makes you into guy that I can make fun of, because you are getting old. As far as my job goes, I’m just doing what I’m told.’’ He continued on, then finally stopped and started pacing in front of her, her arms crossed and she stared at him as she stood mostly on one leg as she watched him.

He stopped and turned to face her again, grinning only slightly before letting her head shake as he rambled on once again, descriptions and rules. Things he kept telling Merisa that she already knew what he was trying to say. With a tilt of her head she only stared at the boy before her, grinning almost devilishly as she pondered the many things she wanted to lash back out at him. But perhaps this wasn’t the time nor space to do such things. So with a gentle smile returning to her face, changing from the small imp, back to the sweet young lass she had put on before.

’’Yes sir, right away sir.’’ With that she climbed back up the ladder, and put the books back into place, pushing off the dust bunnies that gathered behind them. Soon as that was done, she slid back down the ladder and only bowed to the man from the waist, then moved past him to return to her little cart of cleaning supplies, searching for a feather or swifter duster. The sudden change of personality might have been strange, but it was a scheme long enjoyed.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Blegh. Bloody woman. "A few years is still a few years considering this too is my library. Besides, who's telling you to do this? Who told you to come in here today?" He inquired with arms akimbo and then blinked in confusion. She had just agreed. "Umm...thanks you..." He looked up the ladder and pondered on nothing specific; however, if she were indeed only a few years younger than he, then she definitely was a looker. She indeed gave him a run for his money mentally speaking which was interesting. It made her fun even if they had just met and argued intently.

"Well, yes. Umm. I'll be attending to my duties if needed." Poe, his short-hair British Blue-hair had come around the corner, and upon seeing his master, walked to him and jumped up, expecting to be caught. Celestine did not disappoint and caught the cat, holding him with his left arm where Poe rested against his shoulder as if it were the crook of a tree. "Now Poe, if this lady needs me, you let me know, alright?" Poe meowed softly. Celestine stroked his fur, facing the young woman. "Got that, Merisa? Poe here is my second in command." He couldn't help but grin, "So you let him know if you need me."

11//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! Empty Tricks up the sleeve? Perhaps.... Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

She looked at Celestine, like he was some confusing young sprite, yet in fact he was a few years older than her, which made her grin. Something about mortal men always made her skin crawl, but in a strange and delicate way now in the way of emotions fluttering, not of hate stirring. With a devilish grin she seemed to had pulled a fast one over the librarians eyes and made him see her in a new light. Perhaps she should act so kind on first pull and not wait for the last moment to reveal her true delicate nature. Nahhh!!!! What fun would that be?

With a grin still plastered against her face, her eyes widened in slight shock as this small creature jumped into the arms of Celestine. As quickly as she noticed her voice heightened into a soft light tone and her face beamed with a smile. ’’Oh my goddess! That is the most adorable little thing I have ever seen!’’ She exclaimed as she moved closer, putting a hand out towards the creature, allowing it time to smell her to see if it would allow her the grace of touching the little kitten. ’’Oh Celestine, you have such a beautiful Poe. Could he just watch over me instead? I’m sure that I’d get along better with him than my chances with you.’’

She flashed a smile so that Celestine knew she meant no ill-will by the sharpness of her words. Smiling like a softened child her eyes gleamed as she stared at the cat, like it was something she had never seen before. A new toy to investigate, a new something to speak with and gain a new friend, even if it was just a cat, it was more than just that, she had to think in the back of her mind.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine watched as the arrival of Poe once again captured a females heart. They all loved kitties who were cute and cuddly and adorable, and to Celestine, Poe was only two of these. Cute, sure. Cuddly, definitely. Adorable? Now at three o' clock in the morning when he wanted more food and made sure you would not sleep until the cat had his nibbles. Yet, the young woman thought he was adorable, the poor girl. Poe had that effect on the ladies.

He couldn't help but roll his eyes. Sure, Poe would watch over things. He was surprisingly good at that. He could tell she meant no ill will. The tone of her voice with the pseudosharpness made all the difference in the world. The bloody woman. She just wanted to be left alone, but, gah. He drove him mad.

Without additional thought, he put Poe into her arms and huffed, throwing his hands into the air, muttering, Bloody woman. Poe take care of things. I need a cup of tea...Gaia, I think I need something stronger after this." He slumped his shoulders and yet while from the back he looked exhausted, a small smile on his lips. She was fun. Pure witty fun. He liked her. Maybe she should be his assistant...aside from another young woman he had in mind for the job.

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

The cat had jumped at her, and with a squeak she caught the little critter and held onto it, letting one hand move along its fur as she smiled looking down to it. Animals were always a blessing, sad that she never had one of her own but that’s what made meeting them all the more inviting. With a soft sigh she only shook her head as Celestine seemed to take some sort of offense to her liking the cat. But still she stood there for but a moment before she watched Celestine start to head off. At the mention of tea her brows perked and she scurried after him but stopped at the end of the bookcase.

Leaning her body out from behind the book case her head poked out with a simple smile on her face. ’’Mister! Would it be too much to ask if I could come join you for tea after I get done some dusting here?’’ With a smile she waited a moment to see if he would answer, even if he did she turned back to the bookcase, and put the cat down on the cart that she had brought in previously. Smiling she gave the cat a gentle pat against the top of it’s head then took a few steps and started to dust at the book shelves. A soft hum started to escape from her lips, something like an old Gypsy tune that she had learned many years ago.

With a soft sigh, she continued on with the dusting of the shelves her humming turned into soft words being sung just beneath her breath. ’’Night and day…’’ Her voice escaped once again into the books and she ran down the shelf cleaning the spots of dust and scraps of mess that bound themselves to the corners of the shelves and on top of books. Every once in a while her head turning and looking at the cat, smiling every time she did. Cats, guards of the underworld… How she loves them.

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine stopped and turned around. The bloody woman liked tea? By George, there was saving grace to her yet. Perhaps...just perhaps..Celestine cut his thought off and grinned despite himself. He rubbed his chin as if pondering the request and nodded. "By all means. There's plenty of tea and no tax for a cup. Sugar and real cream if you like that sort of thing as well." . Yes indeed. Perhaps this would be a rather delightful meeting afterall. He turned and left the woman to her work, pondering getting out some of his better cups.

In the meantime, Pod curled up onto her cart and kept an interested eye on her, following occasional specs of dust and playfully swatting at them to keep his senses honed. Once bored, he took it upon himself to begin to bathe in public, occasionally looking back up at Merisa when she made a sudden noise or something particular caught Poe's interest.

15//////Closed Thread////Such A Mess!!!!!!! Empty Work. It Must Be done. Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Merisa watched as Celestine made his way down the halls of books and with a deep breath she continued on with her cleaning. Dusting of the books, polishing of the available wood, she carried on through out the long lines of books and was caught up in work for at least an hour. Just as she got to the staircase to come down it from cleaning the second level of bookshelves and the fireplace. She stared around the library for a moment before taking in a deep breath of the smell of the books and the fire that was put out ages ago. Her hand reached out and touched against the wooden railing, her hand holding a dusting cloth as she went down the railing and cleaned it as she walked down the steps.

As she made her way to the last step, Poe decided to come out with a loud purring sound. Merisa stopped, covered her mouth as she was about to squeal from the sudden surprise of Poe finding her in this library. Still, she wasn’t too surprised as she leaned over and picked up the chubby little cat and held him to her chest. Smiling she pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head and started down the isles of the shelves. ’’Alright…Let’s go find your human…’’ She said as her hand reached out and pet down the cat’s side as she hurried her way to the main entrance of the Library. Once again seeing the front desk, the familiar form of Celestine popped up behind it as well.

Grinning as she walked up to the desk, placing the cat upon it’s counter top as she took a moment as she pet at the cat giving a smile as she looked back to Celestine. ’’So that tea still warm Mister?’’

Merisa

Bronze
Bronze

Inactivity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum