Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
//Closed by Administrator//Arrival I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

//Closed by Administrator//Arrival

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 pm

The night breeze gently stirs branches lifting the sweet smell of spring blossoms and young leaves and spilling it throughout the forest. The moonshadows are deep and long tonight thanks to the full moon on the horizon. A very thin tulle fog snakes around the base of trees and stretches towards a large clearing in which leers a massive castle. The only clue that an observer would have that this mist is not what it appears to be is that it moves a bit faster than what one would expect for the breeze that night.

Arabella's heightened senses could hear low whispers coming from the castle and surmised that, although it was past curfew, many students are still awake in the dorm rooms. Indeed, there are likely to be students of the nocturnal persuasion much like herself. Unobtrusively, the stream of mist finds entry to the building through the crack beneath the entry doors. Keeping close to the walls and floors she slowly makes her way through the building to her new office. Having checked in with administrators yesterday evening she was quite excited at the prospects of her new position. Instead of hiding her true nature she will now not only be living openily, but helping others learn to adjust and cope with their own uniqueness.

Finding her office without incident the stream of fog converges slowly in the sitting area.The outline of a woman begins to form as the molecules all find their places. It only takes a moment before Arabella is back to human form and twirls around with a delighted giggle. Her book collection had been shipped ahead of her arrival and the school had someone arrange them onto the bookshelves that line the room. Her dainty feet carry her slowly about the room, trailing a porcelain hand over fixtures as they pass. Black tulle has been hung across the small windows near the ceiling and a thick black drape hangs before the large window near her new desk. She nods her approval that the school had thought of her health and safety.
In a few short hours the school will be bustling about their new day. The room begins to fill with the faint aroma of fresh roses as her excitement for this new chapter in her life begins. The perfume has an unnatural but addictive quality to it. Unable to control the phenomenon, she rolls her eyes in mild frustration when she realizes the room was now saturated.

Her attention is redirected quickly when she spots a golden key sitting all by itself on the marble inlay of her desk. Snatching it up she whisks herself over to the office door. Her long thin fingers curl about the ornate doorknob, twist and open it. With an adept spin as she steps out she faces the 'comment box' hung by the door. The golden key releases it's latch and she finds two papers in it. Thrilled to death that someone has already chosen to reach out to the new counselor she flits back to her desk, letting the door shut heavily behind her.

Situating herself in her desk chair she brings the first paper to her nose and inhales deeply. A smile curls into her lips as she recognizes the manner of being that wrote the note. She opens the crisp folds and finds a neatly written note on the paper. Welcome to our school, Ms. Balvaird. I can't wait to meet you and get help with what classes I should take next term! See you soon! "What a pleasant and confidant note, although unsigned", she thought to herself. The second note was quite different from the first. The smell was disconcerting, the handwriting was uneven and angled, and only contained one word. Beware!
This could mean any number of things. Arabella was not the type to panic, worry or be drawn into drama so she sees no point in jumping to conclusions without further details. Although, neither will the note be dismissed idly. Finding a hidden button beneath the desk she pops a secret drawer open and lays the notes within before closing it.

On the corner of the desk lays a binder which outlines the university's curriculum and lists the posted rules and regulations. She had received a copy a few weeks back when she was discussing the position with the school but it never hurts to review further. She settles in to read until the day begins and the halls are filled with students.

[i]

Last edited by Arabella Balvaird on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

2//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Where the owner of the office’s fingers were the softest satin the color of the finest porcelain, the digits belonging to the fist that rapped upon the door was tanned leather rough with calluses and darkened by the glare of the sun. Her perfume, both delicate and alluring, would also contrast against the earthy scent that had buried itself in his flesh over the decades spent on the plains. Even their styles of attire clashed, hers made for beauty and sophistication; his, practicality and utility. It hardly seemed fitting that he’d be waiting at her door, his belt heavy with the weight of twin handguns. The revolvers slumbered in their holsters, but like watch dogs, it would only take the slightest disturbance for them to start barking.

Despite having lowered his guard for the Headmistress, he still held suspicious towards her kind. The arrival of a new vampire was hardly welcome in his mind, but he was on orders to put his old hatreds aside. By order of the Headmistress, the umbrella of his protection, which until his arrival had been reserved for only humans, had been stretched over all of the inhabitants of Caislin Hallows that sought its shelter. At times, it seemed that he was being pulled too thin, forced to do too much, as he worked behind the scenes to protect the school from within and without. Each new arrival tried his already strained nerves, testing his tolerance for his former quarry. In years passed, he would have been hunting down the ones he now protected.

On the other side of the door, he knew there was another powerful vampiress. While he doubted her abilities and powers were as vast or great as the Headmistress, that thought did little to reassure him that she was no threat. One of Gunnar’s hands drifted across the handle of a revolver, stroking the smooth wood as if he was soothing a growling hound. As he waited, he shut his eyes and forced himself to relax. Wood and steel were emotionless, indiscriminate. It was man that imbued the materials with fear, hatred, and vengeance. Even when crafted into a weapon, the materials were blinder than justice and far more apathetic. If only he could learn from his guns.

http://www.freewebs.com/stolen_random_character_second

3//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Introductions Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:55 am

Arabella's eyes shift upward from her reading as the sounds of footsteps catch her attention. They are heavy sounding and echo through the hallway before coming to a sudden halt before her office door. The new school counselor's eyes now flutter shut for a brief moment as she tilts her head into the air, catching the scent of her visitor. The corners of her mouth stretch into a grin as her eyes open to the knocking.

A single flawless motion carries her from her chair to the door in a flash of speed that would make her invisible to the human eye. Not wishing to startle her visitor, she opens the door smoothly with a normal pace and offers the man on the other side a congenial smile. "Good Evening!", she greets him with a voice that is oddly melodic and alluring. With a backwards step, her right arm sweeps to the side as an obvious invitation to enter the office. Despite his cool and hardened exterior, the man's adrenaline level and heart rate indicate to her that he is not at ease. She learned ages ago, however, to never make assumptions as to the cause of a human's feelings. Arabella is fully aware of this man's identity and position but it is only polite to allow him to introduce himself.

4//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:29 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Even though he had knocked, entreating entry, Gunnar’s muscles tightened when the mechanism in the lock began to turn. The soft scrape of metal from the inner workings almost had him reaching for his guns. Burying his emotions, the gunman drew a deep breath as the door yawned open before him, revealing the office’s occupant.

“Eve’nin’,” he answered when she greeted him. After a moment’s pause, he stepped into the room, following the motion of her ushering hand. “Name’s Gunnar Sigmond. I work for the Headmistress. S’pose ya’ll ready knew that though.” Not to be caught with at a disadvantage, he continued so she’d have no doubts of his information, “Know a bit about yah, too. Arabella Balvaird, vampiress and an older one at that—no offense meant, miss.” Even when he entered, Gunnar never truly turned his back fully to the woman and kept a sharp eye on her. He hadn’t lived as long as he had, even if it was a paltry few years in comparison to the woman standing in front of him him, by being careless and trusting too soon.

“Sad tah say there’s not much more on yah. If yer ‘ere though, I s’pose that Miss Cosgair sees reason to have yah and that yer not gonna be trouble.” With a slight shrug, the ex-ranch hand settled his hands on his hips, thumbs threaded into his gun-belt that glittered with a small stockpile of ammo. Given his personality, there probably wasn’t going to be much more that Mr. Sigmond said. As the saying went, the ball was in her court, and Gunnar waited to see how she would respond to his not-so-subtle implications through body language and words.

5//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

Arabella watched, waited and listened patiently with a soft expression on her face. Her head tilted a bit here and there while offering him an understanding smile. She has spent centuries learning to quell the distrust and fears of humans once they have discovered her true nature. With slow and careful movements she spins around and walks the short distance to a divan where she folds herself gracefully onto it.

Once he has finished saying what he came to say she straightens her back and gestures her invitation to an overstuffed armchair. "How very kind of you to take time from your duties to seek me out and introduce yourself, Mr. Sigmund." Her melodic voice echoes softly through the vaulted ceiling room mixing with the faint smell of roses. "I am looking forward to helping Miss Cosgair, and her staff, educate and enlighten the students that find their way to Caislin Hallows. I have no desire for drama or mischief and will defer to your wisdoms as far as discipline and decorum. Would you care for a drink, Mr. Sigmund?" Always the perfect hostess she seeks to make her guest feel welcome.

Arabella hopes that her very plain declaration of intent will put him somewhat at ease. She appreciates that he was willing to be so straight forward and blunt with her. Perhaps someday they would be able to have a good working relationship which includes trust and mutual respect. Well coordinated teamwork can be a miraculous thing where students are concerned. Each manner of being on the team brings a unique skill set and talents which can either be abused maliciously or put to ethical advantage. For Arabella, everything comes down to motive. Leaning forward a bit she reaches for a tray of fresh lemonaid in anticipation of his acceptance of a drink.

6//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Mon May 16, 2011 12:09 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

A simple man just stuck with a bushel of complicated problems and dealings, Gunnar gave a nod to her words until she ended with a question. The ex ranch hand, aged beyond his years, gave a curt shake of his head and a wave of his hand to dismiss her offer. “Thank yah kindly, but no,” was the answer that began to cross the threshold of his lips, but like a robber tripping on his way out the bank’s door, the words stumbled and stopped when he saw the lemonade. The faint, refreshing scent stirred up old memories of Montana so far behind, of carefree days and not so carefree days. The ups and the downs, his life seeming to dive more than soar. “Maybe just a glass,” he corrected himself after a pause, his tongue seeming to swell within his mouth in anticipation to the sweet-sour flavor.

For the moment, suspicions and misgivings were set aside, to allow for the simple play of hostess and guest as the scene unfolded with its two actors. While Gunnar waited for the drink, he glanced around the office, his gaze swiping across the room with a grizzly’s quickness, eyes raking the details like claws. Already, he was resuming his duties and scrutinizing the oddities for anything too peculiar, anything of interest he should question.

7//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Acquiescence Mon May 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Arabella is inwardly thrilled that her guest has accepted her offer despite his misgivings. Her hands move deliberately with just the right amount of speed to keep him comfortable. After setting a glass of sparkling lemonade before him, she pours herself a glass and leaves it on the table. Despite the fact that they both know she can't drink the refreshing liquid it has always been her observation that humans feet more comfortable when she makes subtle attempts to appear to join them. Maintaining perfect posture upon the 18th century divan she avoids staring at him but can't help noticing how his eyes search every detail of her office in an attempt to glean information about her.
Obviously all the furniture, rugs and shelving belong to the school, although it suits Arabella's taste perfectly. The built in cabinets with glass doors reveal hundreds of books in various languages all neatly arranged by subject matter. Upon further inspection, if one is terribly observant, one might notice that the books are also arranged according to thickness, height and depth revealing an obsessive compulsive side to his hostess. The room is distinctly lacking in 'trinkets' as the occupant finds them to be rather distracting and lends an air of disorganization to the room. The only exception was a tiny multifaceted crystal that is balancing on a delicate wire frame and appears to glow faintly. The counselor's desk was no different than the rest of the room. Neatly organized, perfectly clean, even a handwritten note was perfectly centered.
"So Mr. Sigmund...you have your finger on the pulse of this learning establishment, are there any students in particular that need my help.?You know, someone that I should make a special effort to reach out to?" Miss Balvaird is fully aware that there may also be a student or two for which she should beware but assumes her guest will bring that up of his own volition. After posing the question her shoulders lean inwards a bit and she listens intently to whatever response is about to follow.

8//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

The ex-ranch hand sipped at his lemonade after she’d supplied him with a glass, giving a nod as a silent thank you for the beverage. He lowered the glass, his lips glistening like morning dew on prairie grass. “Pulse?” he repeated, gaze snapping to her. How could he tell her that the school had the pulse of a fitful sleeper? One moment, calm and steady like a hound slumbering in the afternoon sun, the next frantic as a field mouse trapped by the barn cat. Each day, he woke not knowing what to expect, whether he’d end up needing to draw his guns or if they could remain tucked in their holsters. After a few seconds of silent, hesitation borne of concentration, he answered, “Hard to tell, Miss. Plenty of students here, each has their own quirks, some’re better at handlin’ ‘em then others.”

“Far as I know, the last of the real trouble-makers have packed up and left.” Another pause, another sip of lemonade. “Merisa might be one to need someone to talk to. Seems especially to have some troubles with the vamp boy Mikel. The girl Ligiatha or Lia, depends on who she is at the moment, could probably use a kindly ear.” The former hunter gave a shrug of his broad shoulders then met the vampiress’s eyes with his own. “Best just to keep an ear to the ground.”

9//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:03 am

The new school counselor listened intently to her guest and committed the student's name to memory with an understanding nod. Eye contact with humans was something she avoided whenever possible so she shifts her gaze with an apologetic smile. It just seemed like polite practice considering her ability to direct minds. Luckily, a strange squeaking sound distracted both of them from the somewhat awkward moment relieving her from providing an explanation.
"Ryuu, be polite to our guest and kindly show yourself rather than mumble in the background, please". Although she is fairly sure her guest is now very confused she is quite confident that her pet will do as she asks. Flashing Gunnar another apologetic smile she glances over her shoulder to the mysterious crystal balanced on her desk. With another sound, that could be distinctly interpreted as frustrated resignation, the crystal begins to glow blindingly. When the light dims a creature sits perched in place of the crystal. With an odd series of clicking, squeaking and humming sounds the creature stretches out two wings and a longish neck. Ryuu is a rare miniature dragon with iridescent scales. With one smooth motion he hops into the air and glides dexterously onto the coffee table coming to a stop near the pitcher of lemonade. The little dragon waddles with wings half extended to face the ex-ranch hand. With head bowed, Ryuu's body begins to vibrate rapidly causing his iridescent scales to reflect the lights from the room and flash much like a disco ball.
Arabella smiles lovingly at her cherished pet, "Thank you, Ryuu". She then addresses her guest, "This is Ryuu, my counterpart and he has greeted you in his own unique way" She blinks rapidly and never entertains the thought, for even a moment, that Mr. Sigmund may not find her pet very appealing. Instead she fully expects him to be as enthralled with the little creature as she has been all these centuries.

10//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Gunnar’s free hand snapped to one of the holstered revolvers attached to his belt when he heard the squeak. Any unexpected, strange noise always warranted caution in the life of a hunter, and since becoming one of the protectors of Caislin Hallows, he’d found the old habit well worth the occasional misunderstanding. It was better to unsettle someone else than to get caught off guard yourself, he had determined long ago. The only reassurance the gunman had was the apologetic smile still perched on the vampiress’s lips as she called for someone.

A miniature dragon was hardly what the ex-hunter had expected, and though it looked harmless, he knew that their species could be quite the opposite, even at such a diminutive size. Most of Gunnar’s information on dragonkind came second hand from books, from fairy tales inspired by true events, which required reading between the lines and extra investigation to learn the truth off, and some ancient bestiaries. The man’s bushy eyebrows lofted as he examined the tiny creature, noting the shimmering of its iridescent scales even while it stayed still. The light dribbled across their sleek curves like droplets of glistening oil.

Slowly, the ex-ranch hand lowered his hand from his holstered gun to his lap, fingertips stretching across the denim covering his thigh. While he knew that pigmy dragons were rare, it was technically the second of such a species at Caislin Hallows owned as a pet. While he’d yet to see the girl or her dragon, he knew one of the students, a Miss Hunni Genova, also possessed such a pet, too. Gunnar found it odd that such a rare beast seemed to becoming an almost common pet at the University.

“I see,” were the only words that the protector provided in response. He was often a man of few words, few words indeed, which often left others to spearhead any conversation with him.

11//Closed by Administrator//Arrival Empty Re: //Closed by Administrator//Arrival Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Her surprise is not evident by her facial expressions but Arabella certainly didn't expect Gunnar to have such a knee jerk reaction to Ryuu. Surely he has seen and experienced a wide variety behaviors and manner of beings at Caislin Hallows that would tame his gun hand. Fortunately for Ryuu the man has excellent self control but questions begin to creep into the vampiress' mind. The school must have 'issues' that keep Gunnar on his toes at all times.

As if on cue, her heightened hearing detects a faint noise in the hallway just outside her office door. Ryuu must of heard it too because they both turned to look at the door simultaneously.

The heart rate of the individual outside was extremely slow indicating the presence was not human, but obviously not vampiric like herself. She glances to Gunnar's eyes to see if he is aware of someone lurking just outside but if he was, it didn't show. "Well, Mr. Sigmund, Ryuu has been with me for a few centuries now. He is actually quite a sophisticated little creature." Her words were more to keep up the appearances of normal conversation in the room for the benefit of their 'eavesdropper'. While speaking she rises gracefully and silently from her chair. Appearing to almost glide over to the office door she positions herself to the side of it and smiles at her guest. A head jerk and pointing finger attempt to communicate to Gunnar that they are not alone. Hoping he won't find offense she uses a unique talent of her kind and reaches out to his mind so that she can silently make him aware. "Forgive my invasion, Mr. Sigmond. Someone is eavesdropping just outside this door. The heartbeat is very slow so it is not human nor vampire." She then waits to see what the school's 'security guard' wants to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum