Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Just Like Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Like Home

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

Angelica would gasp slightly, when she turned around and met with someone that she'd never expected to see again, how was she supposed to react? She would shift and nearly drop the precious book she'd carried so confidently before. Her crystal eyes widened and she swallowed hard.

As she stood there, a million thoughts raced thru her mind; Why was he here? Was it to take her back to that hellish life? Was it to punish her for never saying thank you? Or did he have worse things in mind for her?

She let out a deep breath she didn't realize she'd been holding and looked down at his hand. It was like it took her a moment to realize what he was doing. A handshake. That was good...friendly. Quickly she glanced back at Mr. Ravnos, and then turned back and held out her own small hand for him to shake.

She looked up at this man with unfocused eyes, as if she were dreaming, and in fact, that's exactly the way she felt. Like she was dreaming. Here was a man who'd saved her from those nasty gang bullies, and given her at the very least the time to run away, but she was more than a thousand miles away from her home in the states.

"Pleasure to uhm...meet you." she told him. Suddenly her eyes focused and it was like reality had slapped her in the face. "And I guess I should uhm, say thanks for well...ya know." she shifted a little, looking him over now. He didn't really look any different, a little older, a little rougher, but pretty much the same. Despite the large scar, he was still handsome in a dark, alluring sort of way.

27Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri May 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

"Don't mention it" I whisper, suddenly losing my voice."You're the last person i expected to see at a place like this."I didn't know what else to say as i took her small hand in mine, shaking it lightly. Her pale skin felt cold to the touch as I begrudgingly let her hand fall away.

"And no, the pleasure is finally mine." I said, nodding my head slightly to her. She was as beautiful to look at, like the sunrise over a snow covered prairie, as that is what her aroma reminded me of. I didn't have the faintest idea what i would say to her when finally we met, and now here we were thousands of miles from home, running into each other again.

I reached up and lightly grabbed the cross i always wore around my neck, the one i took from my sister's lifeless body. The one act of saving this girl's life had cost me so much, but standing here, staring into those beautiful crystal eyes, i realized that i would have done it all over again.
"How much do you remember about Pennsylvania? More specifically, that day?"

28Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She stood there, still a little baffled as he shook her head. When he let go, her hand returned to the book, as if that was it's obvious and natural position. Quickly she let out a deep breath and swallowed hard.

She felt uncomfortable here, in front of Mr. Ravnos, confronting her past. And she was sure he wouldn't just drop the subject and let it go, and then they could go on acting like that day never happened, or like they'd never met before. She shifted again, listened to him. She tried very hard to wipe the uncomfortable, and for once in her life, she succeeded. A sweet smile replaced the open mouth.

She shifted for another look back at Mr. Ravnos. He didn't seem particularly interested in what was going on here. At least if he was, he wasn't interested in interrupting.

"I remember things quite clearly." she told him, leaning forward a little. They were in a library after all, and hushed tones weren't something that was considered unusual. "And I'm here to attend school...is that what you're here for?" she'd ask the light question, a burning anxiety behind those crystal eyes though. It was best to stay in a place where there was someone else around, at least until she knew what his purposes here were.

29Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri May 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

I nodded in response, a smile forming on my lips. I could sense her hesitation, then the severity of what she was probably thinking came to light." I'm sorry if i startled you. I just finished enrolling, myself. I just wasn't expecting to see you here."I was fumbling with my words, i know, but it was still a bit of shock to see her here, after all this time, and distance.

" I guess since you're here, you're special too. You see, I'm a werewolf."I told her, my voice hushed. I had went out on a limb, I know, but she deserved to know the truth. Now i would see if she turned and ran like the rest, or be the first to accept me.

30Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She relaxed so visibly, she almost dropped the large book again. But she managed to keep her fingers around it and her smile came a little more easy. Her head tilted slightly, and a few strands of white hair fell over her eyes, giving her a more childish look.

She nodded when he revealed what his special ability was. For a moment, she studied him. He looked...uncomfortable and anxious. Why would he be so anxious? What did her response matter to anyone? Or had he been shunned before too, like her? Realization dawned on her and she quickly reached out to touch his shoulder. "I'm an elemental. Obviously a little different looking than back then." she told him. If she put herself out there too, then maybe he wouldn't feel so uncomfortable.

Sure werewolves were dangerous, but really only on full moon nights, when they couldn't control themselves. But it had been a long time since she'd read the books, and she really had no idea if they were even true or not. Perhaps there were different breeds or classes pertaining to them. Maybe someday she would ask him and he could tell her the stories...if he knew them.

"Yes, it is quite strange that we should meet here, so far away from what was once home. But I suppose fate has a reason for everything." she told him, a bit of a cryptic smile on her face, but her crystal eyes took him in, watched him carefully. "What class did you get?" she ask to cure the mild curiosity that sparked in her eyes.

31Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Fri May 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

My smile widened in spite of myself when she told me what she was. I took a second, but i finally decided to let my guard down. Here, in front of me, was one person that i could relate to. Someone who, though different in our abilities, knew what i felt in regards to the outside world. I stood there now, taking her features in, really studying her now. Her hair was as white as fresh snow, and the way it fell in her face made only brought out her beautiful, crystaline eyes even more. Her looks had indeed changed since last we crossed paths, but the change was definitely for the better, i decided. And when she touched me, it felt like something clicked inside. I didn't have an explanation for it, but it felt like a link had just been formed between us.

"An elemental you say? That would explain the change in appearance. I would have to guess Ice?" I asked as i stood there, looking down at her. She was shorter than i, which only added to the innocence she held about her. "And i agree, fate definitely had a hand in this meeting."I spoke with an ever widening smile. I had never felt this comfortable with anyone before, outside my family, yet here i was, totally at ease with her."I'm in Beast Handling and Nature Empathy" What about you?"

32Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment, wondering if he would guess correctly. And then he did, and a frown formed on her pretty pale pink lips. How did everyone guess so easily? It was downright irritating. She was an open book for all the supernatural world to read, wasn't she? Perhaps she'd have to try dying her hair again, or take up wearing a scarf over her head, something that would throw off a guess like that.

She quickly nodded, a smile replacing the frown when he mentioned being in the same class. Her crystal eyes shifted towards the door and then back to him. She looked him over again, a curious look in her eyes. She wanted to know why he was here? How had he heard about Caislin Hallows University? She wouldn't dream that it would be the top subject in the bars of Pennsylvania, but then again...if it wasn't popular, then how had anyone heard of this place? Even she had heard something.

"Well, I suppose we'll be in class together then, since I have the same class." she nodded again. "I hate to cut our conversation short, but I really should get back to my room." she glanced down at the large book in her arms. "I'm just dying to dive into this thing..." she looked up at him.

33Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Sat May 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

"I understand. And by the way, in case you're wondering, it was your scent. You smell like winter. Thats what had brought me to you when first we met."I moved aside as i explained myself. There was soo much more i wanted to talk about, but we would have plenty of time here.

"Well, i guess i will see you in class then."I bowed farewell to her, then turned and headed for the door, my trenchcoat billowing behind me as the day had finally brought a spring to my step.

34Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Sat May 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Angelica

Angelica
Bronze
Bronze

She shifted, her head tilted. He moved aside from her, but then left himself. What a strange man, strange, but so sweet. She stifled a soft giggle as she watched him go. He was confident now, and although she hadn't heard or seen him come in, she couldn't help but notice that this was probably not the way he entered...at least he probably wasn't quite as happy then.

She chewed on her lip and stole a glance back at Mr. Ravnos and then back to the door. Quietly, she flashed him a smile and turned back to the door. "Goodbye Mr. Ravnos, hope to see you soon!" she called as she walked to the door and exited the library.

[Exit, unless stopped]

35Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

How wrong she had been. Training and life experience had taught him the most subtle ways of keeping eyes on people without being indirect. His senses flared to life when the boy came in. Not the supernatural senses, but pure instinct. He knew there was something about that boy. The way he held himself or just the feeling he got from the distance. Wasn't a vampire. Wolf perhaps. He'd had to defend himself in the past against were's before, but he didn't hold prejudice against them. It's just hard to not be on guard when attacked by one for the first time.

Protective instincts brought him to keep an eye on Angelique. She seemed uncomfortable, but not in danger. Unfortunately, she had to get over her fear in time. Celestine made a small show of looking through a few books and paperwork. Slight glances telling him that Angelique had done very well for herself and successfully ended the conversation. "Good girl," He whispered to himself.

After Angelique had dismissed herself and left the library, Celestine approached the student with a little paperwork in hand and a smile, anxious to get to know the kid who appeared to know Angelique. "Good day, young lad. Have you come to sign up for a library card? Perhaps a book of interest?" He made no mention of Angelique on purpose. The lad would possibly divulge himself soon enough.

36Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

"Thank you, sir. Yes, i would like to get a library card. Life in the wilderness can be quite lonesome, and books were my only refuge most of the time." He smiled as he turned to the man coming towards him. "My names Jarrik Grey, by the way. Pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand toward him. If he was gonna to be living here for Gaia knows how long, better start making friends now.

37Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Yes, well I'm sure a good book is the best traveling companion," he replied with a smile, though internally, he didn't quite trust the young man. Why else would Angelique have been put off by the man. Perhaps it's just a weird past, but in his line of work, he rarely trusted people on the first meeting.

Celestine promptly turned, "Follow me, please." He walked back to his circulation desk and proceeded to find an application. The same type he had given to Angelique a while ago. "Now if you'd be so kind to fill these out," he said, indicating the NAME, ADDRESS, E-MAIL address, and STUDENT ID NUM. There was a place to sign showing he read the disclaimer stating Jarrik would be responsible for all fees and the returning of books, and payment of replacement should book become lost or stolen.

"Now...I just need to see something with a picture...student id if they issue those here or any form of identification would be nice."

38Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

Jarrik raised his eyebrow when the man didn't take his hand, then prudently turned toward a desk. Jarrik followed and took the paper. He then pulled out his wallet and showed the librarian his drivers license from Pennsylvania, as well as his student id card that he was given. He wasn't sure why the Librarian didn't trust him, though he was used to it. He filled out the paper as best he could, then handed it back to the librarian.
"Excuse me, but can i ask you something. You seem tense for some reason. Have i done anything wrong? I know i'm new here, and not sure of the decorum to be followed yet, but i'm just trying to make friends. I didn't mean to intrude or anything."

39Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine took the cards and made the appropriate copies before taking a small card from the drawer and wrote a number on it, allocating it directly with the application. Once the paperwork had was in order and filed, Celestine handed Jarik back the young man his ID cards and new library card.

So the boy was nervous around him? Celestine decided to hold off and talk with Angelique before passing any permanent judgement on him. "Ah right. The handshake. Too sorry 'bout that. First day an' all. I must have found myself overwhelmed with this place." Celestine held out his hand for the boy and smiled. It wasn't friendly, but it was kind. "Let's just say I'm used to being cautious when I was in the field. The name's Ravnos. Celestine Ravnos, local librarian." At least that was his present job.

40Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

Jarrik took Celestine's hand, shaking it lightly before releasing it and dropping his hand back down to his side. "Pleasure to meet you." Jarrik responded automatically. He didn't know how to feel about Mr. Ravnos, so he decided to play it cool. "Like i said, i'm new here, and trying to find my way around this place. I'm used to being on my own, so please don't take offense if i seem self absorbed, or quiet. Its just a common defense. Too much time spent not being able to trust anyone kinda lingers. Could you please show me where i could find anything on lycanthropy. More along the lines of natural, instead of contracted?"

Jarrik wasn't sure if he could trust him yet, but this was a place for new beginnings, so why not try? He desperately wanted to learn more about his abilities and what to expect later on in life. He knew there was a difference between contracting lycanthropy, like a desease, and inheriting it naturally, but how big a difference was something that Jarrik felt he needed to know.

41Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:59 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

"Ahh. Born Werewolf?" Celestine guessed aloud. He began looking through his card catalog for the proper subject matter. "I had a guess. Loose clothing and disassociation." Celestine brought out several strips of paper. The kid didn't seem so bad. Maybe then the response from before was from personal interaction in the past of which Celestine couldn't know. He handed the young man two slips of paper with that roguish grin.

"Here's my advice. The first piece of course covers the location of lycanthropy. You'll find both types there and the second slip is for something I think you'll appreciate. A second on books related to Mindfulness and other books on the self. I think they'll help you in ways you haven't realized." Celestine's behavior had become a bit more upbeat upon realizing this kid's niche. Knowledge, afterall, was power.

42Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Jarrik Grey

Jarrik Grey
No Rank
No Rank

Jarrik took the cards with a nod and a smile. "Thank you so much. Books have been my escape for a long time, and it will be nice to finally learn more about my kind. Unfortunately, i have to go finish unpacking, but i will make sure to come back as soon as i know i have the time. Again, i appreciate the help." And with that said, he gave the librarian a sort bowed, then exited the library. He was finding that he liked this place more and more.

43Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:47 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

Celestine watched the young lycanthrope leave the library and sighed. He needed to play some music here at the front. Some nice classic would help out.

"Well, I might as well get to know it better," he said aloud and exited the circulation desk only to continue and start walking calmly down one of the aisles.

"Poe, you silly one. Where are you?"

44Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Quietly she stepped through the doors of the library. Silence overtook her as she cautiously stepped. Her feet arching within her heels as she rested only the tips of her shoes along the ground. She placed her arms along her chest, concealing her breasts with the flyers overtop of her. As she walked her pale eyes scanned the room in search of the Librarian. Her plump lips puckered as she heard the squeaking sound of Rack’s base sliding along the floor with an eerie creak. Margo turned her head facing the coat rack as she coed in a hushing whisper. The coat rack froze, in the quick movements the silver tray shivered causing the cinnamon sticks to shutter. Rolling along the tray. She felt it rude to offer food or beverages within the restrictions of such a place. Instead she brought cinnamon sticks dipped in honey flavored chocolate. A small vase was along the tray to add to the display.

Margo walked to the front desk as her eyes continued to shift in her search. She wore a purple gown. The long sleeves bellowing out at her wrists as the edges curled around her arm in a tear shape. At her waist the tulle skirt devoured her slender legs. Her hair was pulled back into a plain tight bun as a purple bow was pinned into her hair. A shawl wrapped around her form in black knitting as the doll kept warm. Her ivory cheeks blotted with simple blush as her nude lips glossed. She set aside the flyers and on top of them the gift. She pulled out a quill as she wrote a note to the librarian sending written word of her request.

“Forgive me for leaving without visual response. For within such quiet spaces, silent respect is much adored. My request is yearning for the possibility of you displaying these flyers to inform the students as well as yourself that a masquerade shall be held within the days to come. I do hope that you spread the word and if any show interest they are welcomed to come to my classroom to explore the horizon. A book shall lead you to a new world as I hope to reveal the promise land of Formalities and Social Graces. I thank you in advance for reading this note, time is so precious and I appreciate you putting down your work to read. Enjoy the humble snack of cinnamon and chocolate, I do hope we do meet in person for a proper thank you. Enjoy the quiet tidings and farewells,

Professor Margo Danae.

Margo put down the quill as she turned tapping her fingers along her lips motioning for the coat rack to follow. As it quickly wobbled out the squeaking echoed within the library as the doors quietly shut.

45Just Like Home - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Like Home Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 pm

CelestineJohanRavnos

CelestineJohanRavnos
No Rank
No Rank

A rattle of what sounded like metal from the distance broke through the silence and hushed noise of the library. Celestine strained his ears to hear anything else, but ended up setting himself up for a rather sudden surprise. Poe jumped down from a nearby shelf, meowing as he sailed through the air. "Gaaah!" Celestine yelled out in surprise and brought his hand over his heart. He must have been going soft these days. "Poe! You horrid cretin! You mean mean cat!" He yelled at his cat. Poe merely looked back at his master with eyes that seemed to dance before he scurried off to hide again.

Regaining his composure, Celestine gave a few muttered explicatives about Poe and found his way back to the front of the library. Whatever or whoever had been there had left, and Celestine took the time to straighten his clothing in order to be more appropriate and collected should the person still be in the library. Yet, no one was there. Though, on his right, setting upon the circulation desk was a tray with a small vase, a snack of what appeared to be cinnamon, pieces of chocolate and a note. Celestine picked up the note and read it, a small s mile coming to his lips.

"How wonderfully spectacular," Celestine stated aloud with no regard of holding himself back. He straightened his clothing again and smiled, "And a professor is holding a masquerade ball. Most enjoyable indeed. She must be one interesting woman." He caught himself voicing his thoughts openly and cleared his throat, unable to suppress a grin. He took a piece of chocolate and popped it into his mouth with a small sound of pleasure. Perhaps some old-fashioned caramel pieces would be appropriate. They were one of his many favorites as a child.

Celestine then took the posters cautiously to maintain their flat crispness along with a bit of scott tape in order to put the posters up alongside various shelves in order to draw the most attention of the event.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum