Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) Empty Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 am

admin

admin
Admin

For certain races that are considered core to the forum, the administration has decided to make "default" definitions. If a player wants to just jump into the forum fast, they may choose these previously balanced character sheet layouts. As of now, there are only two: Vampire and Lycanthrope. Further instructions on this will be given. Also, anyone who plays a Vampire or Lycanthrope is required to include any red portion of the sheet for their own. The AP for abilities taken from the default sheet do count towards the total for the character being created.

Last edited by admin on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

https://caislinhallows.rpg-board.net

2Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) Empty Default Vampire Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 am

admin

admin
Admin

Default Vampire:
Stats:
  • Strength 2x—4AP
  • Speed 2x—4AP
  • Endurance 2x—4AP

Abilities:
  • Regeneration: —5AP
  • Hibernation: Healing Rate 3x. Reduces Thirst by half (needs to feed 3 times every two weeks).—1AP
  • Slow Aging: The character ages 1 year in appearance for every 50 actual years.—0AP
  • Hidden Heritage: The character’s fangs are retractable.—0AP
  • Breathless: The character does not require oxygen but still inhale/exhale from habit.—1 AP
  • Give Vampiric Blood: When another character drinks the vampire’s blood, if the drinker is not a vampire, they gain a .25x boost to strength, speed, and endurance (2.0x cap) and also is subjected to the benefits full Moderate Heal Spell (Bleeding stops, wounds close, and bones are mended). The drinker will become a ‘ghoul’ that will become temporarily infatuated with the vampire blood donor. The Stat boosts last for 10 posts. The infatuation lasts until the end of the thread, perhaps longer. A vampire can only have one ghoul at a time. A vampire may only give blood once a thread.—1AP (Stat boost)+ 2AP (Heal) + 1AP (Charm) -1AP (No Self Use) – 1 AP (Limited to one Ghoul)- 1AP (Limited to one use per thread)= 1AP

Weaknesses:
  • Vampiric Thirst: The character must drink a pint of blood three times a week. If a vampire goes three days without drinking blood (animal, human, or otherwise), their state and abilities will degenerate. In the degenerated state, a vampire’s strength, speed, and endurance drops by .5x, the character will enter a state of bloodlust, seeking it above all else, and their appearance will also degenerate.—2 AP
  • Strong UV Light Vulnerability: UV light burns the any exposed character’s flesh that it touches. Enough exposure destroys the character.—2AP
  • Staking Paralysis: If a 'stake' is stabbed into the torso of the vampire, it triggers a paralysis. The vampire's body partially shuts down, making them immobile, and diverts energy to keep the vampire 'alive' until the stake is removed.—1AP

Total:
(4+4+4+5+1+1+1)-(2+2+1)=20-5=15

While this new Vampire Character Sheet does not allow for the 'chosen abilities' that vampire characters were allowed before the current balancing system using AP, in addition to the ones listed above, it does keep them balanced with other characters.

For players designing a vampire, the easiest and preferred method of 'refunding' spent AP is to lower their stats. 12 AP has been sunk into raising the vampire's stats, so by lowering any stat by a .25x step, the character will be refunded 1 AP for each step. Keep in mind though that the thirst will drop the character's stats of strength, speed, and endurance by .50x while in the degenerated state.

While neither Regeneration or Staking Paralysis are required, it is not possible for a character to take Staking Paralysis without having Regeneration.

Last edited by admin on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

3Default Races (Vampire and Lycanthrope) Empty Default Lycanthrope Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 am

admin

admin
Admin

Default Lycanthrope:
Stats:
  • Strength 1.5x--2AP
  • Speed 1.5x--2AP
  • Endurance 1.5x--2AP

Abilities:
  • Regeneration: --5AP
  • Night Sight: Perfect night vision.--1AP
  • Claws: The character can turn their nails into sharp claws at will.--1AP
  • Beast Speech: The character can communicate with animals. This does not allow the character to command animals.--1AP
  • Hybrid form: Character takes on slight bestial traits. Strength, speed, and endurance increase by additional .5x (Cap at 2x). Shifting is a prepared action, so the character starts shifting in one post and finishes at the start of their next post.--3AP
  • Werebeast form: Character takes on striking bestial traits. Strength, speed, and endurance increase by additional 1.5x (Cap at 3x) (From Base Stats) but CAN ONLY BE DONE ON FULL MOONS! (Other conditions can be swapped for more AP upon admin approval) Character must be in hybrid form first.Shifting is a prepared action, so the character starts shifting in one post and finishes at the start of their next post.--1AP

Weaknesses:
  • Hunger: When the lycanthrope is hungry, they lose .25x to strength, speed, and endurance, and cannot transform.--2AP
  • Silver Vulnerability: Silver cuts the character easier and silver weapons inflict more damage upon the character than usual.--1AP

(2+2+2+5+1+1+1+3+1)-(2+1)=18-3=15

While this new Lycanthrope Character Sheet does not allow for the 'chosen abilities' that lycanthrope characters were allowed before the current balancing system using AP, in addition to the ones listed above, it does keep them balanced with other characters.

For players designing a lycanthrope , the easiest and preferred method of 'refunding' spent AP is to remove the abilities "True Sight", "Claws", and "Beast Speech", each of which frees up 1AP each for the character to spend in another way. Decreasing the stats is also a viable option.

Were-Beast Form is not a required ability for a lycanthrope. It can be substituted with an animal form easily enough. The Animal form can also have boosted stats according to the rules laid out for shifting.

Neither the Were-Beast or Hybrid forms are required together, but a lycanthrope must have one or the other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]