Caislin Hallows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Caislin Hallows

Caislin Hallows vs. Naiser Vale : This is a tale of two villages one of medieval, one of modern. While there is a mysterious fog that connects them where the water divides.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Where is everyone?
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 8:25 pm by Merisa

» A Dance with the Devil
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm by Aizawa Kouichi

» House REconstruct!
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:07 am by Kalika Kali Ma

» Gone for the Weekend
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:02 pm by The Puppeteer

» goodbye Caislin Hallows
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am by Lillian

» Once again...
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:41 am by Angelica

» In The Depths Of The Hallows
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm by Angelica

» Just another night in the old city(open)
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:47 pm by Ornell

» Where oh where....
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am by Katie Jumper

» The Silent Lad Returns to the Hallows
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am by Logan MacConnell

» Just for the weekend...
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm by Ornell

» Ornell: Vampire
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 pm by BossMOD

» Okiku Fuyu Absent
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Lingering thoughts cause accidents in the dark.
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:39 pm by The Puppeteer

» Why Run When You Can Jump
Private--Home on the Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 pm by Katie Jumper

You are not connected. Please login or register

Private--Home on the Range

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Private--Home on the Range Empty Private--Home on the Range Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

It had been a while since his last visit, but finally the ex-ranch hand had returned to the place that reminded him most of home. With flared nostrils, he inhaled the warm, heady air, heavy with the scents of horses, straw, and leather. Other more subtle scents, overpowered by the others, mingled in his nostrils as he shut his eyes and savored the smell of home. For a moment, he could almost imagine he was back home, over an ocean away, standing in the barn in Montana. As much as he longed to lose himself in that memory, to step from reality into imagination as easily as a dream-weaver demon, he was stuck. His boots were planted firmly in the realm of reality and the floorboards creaked beneath his feet to remind him of that fact. With a soft grunt, he hefted the strap of his duffel across his shoulder before it slipped down his arm. Gunnar carried a bundle of cloth and cord tucked beneath his other arm. In all of Ireland, they were his only possessions. Nothing else on the emerald isle had ever been his, save the three banknotes he had given to the clerk at Overton or the dollars he had originally exchanged to get the Euros at the currency changer when he’d first arrived.

Opening his eyes, Gunnar looked across the stable and then stepped from the wooden floor of aged planks onto the hard-packed dirt littered with straw. The dried grass crinkled beneath the thick soles of his boots as he walked down the aisle between the stalls. Many of them seemed to be empty, and in the ones that weren’t, the horses slept. So far, the ex-ranch hand hadn’t seen a single person take one out on a ride. Granted, he knew that he didn’t have eyes everywhere, but he figured that after his time at the school, he would’ve noticed one person saddling up and taking a leisurely ride on the grounds. With a shrug, he let the thought pass as he checked each stall. At the end of the line of them, he found an empty one, tucked into the corner of the stable. It was larger than the others, almost twice the size of the rest, and it had a desk in it already and a rickety old cot that looked about ready to crumple beneath its own weight. “Someone must’ve kept an office in here at some point,” he muttered, giving the cot a nudge with the toe of his boot. The wood groaned, the joints protesting even the tiny bit of force. “Hafta git rid of that.” Gunnar swiped a hand across the desk, calloused fingers coming back gloved in dust. Wiping the grime off onto his thigh, staining the faded denim gray, he set his loads down on the recently cleaned surface. “Time to get to work,” he told himself as he took the folding cot and tried to collapse it. The rusted hinges refused to budge and after a few yanks and pushes, the wood splintered in his hands. “Figured as much…” he grumbled as he tossed the broken wood and canvas mottled with dust into the aisle outside the stall to dispose of later. Gunnar loosened the drawstring of his duffel and pulled out a small tool set. In a few minutes, he had holes drilled and eye-screws fastened into the stall walls, and a few minutes later, he had his hammock set up, spanning the far corner of the stall. “Not too bad,” he stated as he settled onto the stiff canvas, drawn taut by the cords laced through the ringed heads of the screws. To him, it was far more comfortable than the luxurious goose dawn-stuffed mattress he’d had back in his room in the men’s dormitory. In seconds, he was sound asleep, his tools still strewn across the desk, along with his open duffel.

Last edited by Gunnar Sigmond on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.freewebs.com/stolen_random_character_second

2Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:16 am

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Answer’s to questions go unsaid but she felt it only right to seek out the man about the nasty bump on his head. It was her job to see that the ones on these grounds where all right, even at times she just wanted to sit in silence and hide. With the shadow’s she would move slowly carefully keeping her distance all the same she would look different in the light. This time not as mysterious as she appears at night, now something more like a child to adore, a very small blue dress held its figure against her frame as towards the horse stables she knew he was there all the same.

The inner being she would stop just shy of the door, folding her arms around her body once more. Very meek she might appear though as she watched the man she went to seek. A very light smile would appear over the concave shapes of her lips, as she would step forward with a gentle toss of her hips. Her voice almost a whisper not meant to be heard.

“How are you feeling?”

The voice would be the same the one he heard in the courtyard from before, the night all she wanted to do was to get away from the beast within her that more. Perhaps now he would give her a chance to explain, though she was no fool she would be on her guard all the same.

3Private--Home on the Range Empty A Sleep Gently Disturbed Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Stealth across a straw-strewn floor meant one of two things to Gunnar: either the speaker had found another way through the stables, either by the rafters or walls or magical means, or they had crept across the floor without the quietest of crinkling protest of dried grass. Both feats were, to him, accomplished only by the supernatural, beings that bent the rules that normal men lived by. While knowing the nature of the intruder provided him one boon of knowledge, he still seemed at a significant disadvantage, born of surprise and whatever supernatural might the woman possessed. Laying upon his hammock, the ex-ranch hand reached for a holstered revolver. Calloused fingers crept across the carved wooden handle but stopped there.

“Not too bad, ah bit groggeh at the moment, but that’ll pass. More so, I’m curious ‘bout certain things involvin’ yah, Miss.” Gunnar slowly opened his eyes, clear green orbs visible through the slits between his squinted eyelids. “Jus’ who’re yah and maybe more importantly, what’re yah?” Despite his misgivings, his hand lowered onto his lap, laying limp and leaving his gun holstered. Since their last meeting, he’d seen no sign of damages wrought by her, so he truly had no grounds on which to consider her hostile, but tall grass didn’t make the rattler any less venomous.

4Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Silence was golden that she was only spoke unless she was asked normally was the game that was played. Today however she was going about things in a completely different way. She had an idea that she need to sort out and she needed help if ever the fate was ill made. Glistening eyes followed his hand towards the gun, with a gentle shake of her head she assured him she wasn’t there to run. Stepping in just a little closer out of the sky’s light, hoping in silence that she just might be able to win him in over. A smile flushed across her face as she stood there and spoke to him in such a speed of grace.

“I am not here to harm you…I came to say that I am sorry for the actions token upon you.”

The never ceasing smile remained on her lips as she saw his hand slowly move down to his hips, he would take a less aggressive stance and she would move forward to imitate the dance. Living eyes looked at him wondering if he could actually handle the information in which he sought. For a moment she stood there in thought, what perhaps would be the best way to explain her situation to him, for him to be one of the few who actually knew, while a gentle gesture of her hand she would motion towards the extra bell of hay.

“Sit with me.. and I shall tell you the story… but I have to warn you not all will be a happy ending? I am.. Ailis Cosgair… the heiress of the school.”

5Private--Home on the Range Empty The History Is Her Story? Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Gunnar cocked an eyebrow and surveyed the woman approaching him. “Sure yah had yer reasonin’, just wish it hadn’t hurt so much,” he muttered, fingertips rising to touch his temple as he remembered the blow. As he watched her, he likened her more to a wraith than anything else. She seemed so insubstantial, like a gentle gust would be enough to blow her away so that nothing but a memory remained of the maiden. When she beckoned him, he shifted in his hammock and swung his legs over the edge. Booted feet thudded on the hard-packed earth and straw as he stood. The bed of canvas and rope sagged without his weight nestled on it.

He approached her, giving her one last look, before seating himself on the bristly bale. “Few stories do. Generally, the taller the tale, the worse its ending it seems.” Shifting on the hay, Gunnar felt the stalks sticking him through his shirt and even the thick denim of his jeans. He knew that he’d surely be picking hay from the cloth for the rest of the day, but it was a small price to pay to finally get some answers from the mysterious maiden in the courtyard. “Heiress of the school?” he repeated, a bushy eyebrow arching. “How come I haven’t seen yah ‘round much then?” He stopped himself from asking any other questions and then gave a dismissive wave of his hand, as if brushing aside his previous questions. “Go on, Miss.”

6Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Sitting upon the hay pushing the back of her dress so it would lay comfortably under her, legs would cross slowly as she watched him closely. Once he found a resting place for himself, she would carefully start to figure out what was needed to be told, as her tale would start to unfold. Expressionless face she would stare at him as she hungered for the taste. Luckily time was on her side this time and she would not have to run and hide. A gentle nod she came here with a plan, and it was him she had chosen to be the man. Since her brother was no longer around to help her watch the grounds she needed a helpful hand and thus far he had gone to great lengths to prove that he was the man.

“ I am the last heir of the College, it is my duty to make sure things run correctly. As of late though, my fate has been twisted and turned into vines. I need some help, to keep me up to speed with the times. I am not around much these days, because I am away taking care of business beyond the distance of the walls. "

The reason why you hear the silent whispers down the hall, there is something wrong in this place.”
Stopping only to pause to allow him to sink in what she was telling him, many reasons as of late that were ill will towards the students and twisted with hate. She would see to it that hell’s gate would be locked bound with chains and tied in box. Living eyes looked forward in a bit of a surprise hoping that the information might give him a bit of a rise. She would gently place her hands in her lap as she said there listening to the teetering sound of a tap-tap. The horses knew she was there, and she would look towards them catching them in her stare.

“Caislin is no longer safe.. I have hired two assassin to help with the share of this place. I need someone to help me man the grounds, is that something that would interest you perhaps a different job to be found?”

7Private--Home on the Range Empty A job? Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Gunnar settled on his seat of hay, waiting for the woman to continue with her explanation. He listened, a bushy eyebrow arched as she explained the school’s predicament. When she mentioned hiring two assassins, his second eyebrow shot out to join its mate. Surely, she didn’t mean Sarthas. He was a bucking bronco that it didn’t seem anybody could break. She’d managed to send him packing once, but Gunnar doubted that she would always be able drive the specter off, much less rein him in and control him. Before he could mention his misgivings about the psychopath, she had already spoken about something else, something that directly affected the ex-ranch hand.

“A job?” he asked, shifting on the bale, the dried grass crinkling beneath him, as he leaned back. “I don’t know. Rather obvious yah need some ‘elp runnin’ this place. ‘Specially with someone like that Sarthas fellow runnin’ loose. ‘e’s not a character I trust any. But who is this second assassin yah’ve hired?” There were so many questions to be asked, so many answers he needed. He had come to the school to try to escape the dangers of his profession, the monsters that would turn their former hunter into prey if they found him, but it seemed that the woman who had invited him had something different in mind for him. She seemed to be in the mind to through him right back into the troubles he’d just fled. “What makes yah think I could ‘andle the job?”

8Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Too many things she had left unknown it was no surprised when he inquired more answers to the questions unknown. She would have to learn to trust it was a must if she wanted help to make this place run as it should. The secrets of the place were now slowly turning and showing its face, her eyes looked upon him looking deep for the answers within. Pressing a finger to her lips trying to decide what to unveil to him first there was no question to it she would just have to start at the beginning. Folding her hands upon her lap taking a habitual deep breath before she spoke gently and gracefully did those breathless words flow.
“I agree with you in your observations, this place can no longer run itself for many years I have watched and waited in the distance. The perils of truth are slowly coming to an end. Sarthas was a hired assassin to begin but it seems that he has having troubles of his own. Make no mistake, I might sent him on his way but he still lingers in the dark. He is a creature of habit a work of art, watching and waiting. He will come for me again one of these days, which is why I hired another lovely assassin a dear friend by the name of Raine. Mark my words Gunnar to her I would make myself scarce she is a true marksman and only brings pain and death her in wake.”

Waiting a moment for him to take in the information and waiting to see if any questions from what she just expressed were left open. A wise idea yes to bring in Raine, but an idea that will surely cause a lot of trouble in the end if the darkness takes over there will be much more than pain.

[color=red]“Because I know . Do not doubt the lengths I go to find the people I want here, and put on my staff. You are a wise choice indeed a ex-ranch hand is a nice cover up for that of which was once a slinger. The things you learn and know when you find the right place's to go."

9Private--Home on the Range Empty You've Been Misled Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:13 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

The life of a hunter was just that ‘pain and death’. They were inexorable and Gunnar had more than once over the years thought he had finally become immune to the pair. But time after time, he had been proved wrong, proved vulnerable. When attacking him had not been enough, his prey had lashed out at his loved ones and friends for retribution. With each death, he weaned himself further from social circles until he was simply a lone rancher, no one knowing his secret anymore. At least that was what he had expected, until now. He was sitting only a few feet from a woman who had brought him to aid her by performing the job that was his secret, the profession he’d given up for his own safety.

“For all yer sources, yah seem slightly misinformed miss: I’m no hunter any more. Ain’t been one for a few years now, not that it made my life much easier,” sighed the gunslinger with a shake of his head. The hay crinkled beneath him as he shifted on the bale, the bristles scraping across the denim of his pants.

10Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Standing slowly she would move towards the man that she knew, sitting once upon the hay she would now sit next to him to quite a dismay. She needed his help and his understanding at hand hoping that she did not misjudge or misunderstand the man. Soften was the locks of her hair as she listened to the man in a content and yet focused stare. Reaching up with a delicate hand she would reach towards the face of the well composed man gently in attempt to slip those finger’s across his lips. The concentration would continue on as she listened to a few more words as if they were the last lyrics of a song. Living eyes would continue to search for the inner being of the man, sitting there lost in a breathless stare.

“I need your help Gunnar to run the school, I have faith in what you once where and what you have become. I know why you hide and why you run they chase you still those creatures of the night. Not all of us will come at you with a fight.”

Simply she would place her hands once more against her lap curious to see the next reactions from the gunslinger. Would he take the bait she just gave him in basically calling herself a creature of the night? Would he understand that she needed his help in this day old fight? Would he see that her intentions are true? The living eyes would continue to stare wondering and waiting…..while a small tiny smirk appeared on her lips in seem without a distance of despair.

11Private--Home on the Range Empty Asking Questions First For Once Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

When the woman he only knew formerly as the mysterious maiden approached him and took a seat beside him, he shifted his body to face her a little more. He kept his eyes on her, wary of her closeness after their last encounter and still the mystery she represented in so many ways, despite having filled him in on a few things already. His eyebrows arched over wide eyes when her fingers drew near his lips, and while he tensed, he did not draw back. It was an odd, unfamiliar touch and he knew not what to make of the lover’s caress when he hardly knew the woman. He cleared his throat afterward, as if trying to break the tension with the soft rumbling. Despite all the secrets she had told him, she had yet to give him the one he desired most: an explanation of what she was.

“Us?” he repeated, and then after a pause followed up with the question that had been nagging him worse than a burr in his britches: “And just what are yah?” He narrowed his already squinted eyes on her, waiting for the answer.

12Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

A touch so simple and yet delicate it was no surprise that nothing happened once the feeling was meet He was wise beyond his years she knew that and shouldn’t expect more than something so carefully written behind in the landmarks of fears. He has seen many creatures in his profession before, though she was curious to know that he had not pin pointed exactly what she could be suggesting at a slight digression. Living eyes looked to him and yet did not move, she remained sitting close to him just outside the hay bale grove. A creation of fright normally was the mistaken breed of the children of night.

Carefully she would stand and move just a distance away from the man in case his reaction to anything she was about to tell him would cause turmoil. She was not a fighter unless provoked, but she knew of ways to get around the ones that chocked. Pressing her hand against a sturdy beam where to start in her story at the beginning at the end or somewhere in between, this was a story that not many would ever hear. Her choice was clear that she chose to tell it to the man sitting right here.

“ Long ago we were a great family a very loving and loyal to the idea of education and this college provided my family with all the needs. I have seen many of things in my long years, and each and every time I try to get close to someone near they just simply disappear. I warn you if I go any further your life could be at stake… are you sure that this is a choice you want to make? “

13Private--Home on the Range Empty Still Waiting For Answers Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

“My life’s always at stake,” he sighed when she promised him trouble in her not-so-subtle way for just knowing her story. Knowledge and danger seemed intertwined in humankind’s history no matter what the belief system, it seemed. Eve ate of the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, and she and Adam were cast from Eden so that their children would never know paradise. Pandora gave into curiosity and opened her box, releasing every evil into the world so that mankind might suffer. And now Gunnar invited evil into his life by listening to the tale the denizen of darkness, one often cast as his prey, wished to tell.

The man’s eyes, normally squinted from long years spent under the prairie’s harsh sun, narrowed even more upon the woman as she settled against the wooden pillar. With a light nod, he indicated for her to continue. While he had his suspicions about the mysterious maiden, he lacked any evidence to cement any conclusion. She bled like a human but healed like any number of things that was not. She was faster and stronger than a regular human, but whether it was some form of temporary augmentation or something natural for, he was uncertain. Vampire was one option he considered, but he had not seen any specific trait to lead him to favor it over any other—save her unhealthy pale skin.

14Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Standing there unseen the child of the night very noble and pristine she would open herself up to this one in hopes that he would understand the path she chose. Why did it always pain her to come unclean of what she was, it was like she stuck far and between two different worlds. How she longed to be just part of one but long ago was her destiny spun. Living eyes turned back and looked at the name as her features slowly would distort into the creature on demand. Speaking softly the ivories would soon place their tips against the lips of her face. Trying to smile as best as she could she hoped that she would not be misunderstood, she did not seek to have his blood or anyone’s that lingered here on the protected lands. Instead she wanted to be understood for who she was by this man….

“ I am what they call a “Creature of the Night” something that you have hunted for the most part of your life. I am one blood drinker of old. I am one of the living of the tales that are told. I stand here before you hoping that you understand. I hit you with the chest to save your life, from this beast otherwise you would have been my nice tasty feast. ”

Just as soon as the features appear she was able to cover them up standing there as if nothing happened wondering if he would be someone she could trust. Gentle eyes searched out to him for the answers un-spared, searching over him for the questions that he dared. Though calm in her expresses she was always on her guard the man was a hunter, and might have forgotten that there was no threat to him. Keeping her hand up against the beam she would see how the man would react from what he just seen.

Soft fallen whispers... " I am just like you... but dead..."

15Private--Home on the Range Empty Gettin' Somewhere Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:44 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Again, she spoke in vague words. For some reason, it seemed that the woman was evading giving him a direct answer by speaking the common name of her kind. But at least, she finally gave him a clear indication as to what that kind was. Just as strange as her peculiarity in avoiding uttering ‘vampire’ was the unusualness of her speech, her insistence on rhyming as every so often.

With a heavy sigh, he shifted on the bale upon which he sat. “Aye, but the fact remains that if yer de’d yer not like meh,” explained the ex-ranch hand as he regarded her with his heavy-lidded eyes. “I’mma gatherin’ that you’ve been tryin’ to tell meh that yer a vamp, Miss, and I don’t count that as like me. Otherwise, if Ah did, it wouldah been murdah all these years. And my conscience ain’t heavy from bringin’ down a bunch of bloodsuckers.” The man closed his eyes, a calloused hand lifting to rub across them. “But yah have been relatively civil with meh, so Ah suppose Ah could give yah a chance.”

Shifting once more, the former hunter found his feet and stood. “So, what’s all this got tah do meh? Just bringin’ me ‘round to talk? Yah said there’d be trouble, so why not tell meh what’s bothering yah?” Calloused hands sought their usual perches, settling upon the holstered guns at his hips. Lifting his green-eyed gaze, he looked into her eyes as he waited for an answer.

16Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:13 am

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

Old habits and old laws her brother tried to keep her secret for many years, and it was the secret that ended up in the long run driving him insane. Yet, deep down Ailis was still not comfortable in her own skin yet she would never let her weakness show even to her best of friends. This was not the life she had chosen for herself, it was the life given to her by the man in the hooded cloak. The softness of her features seemed almost translucent as her hues of eyes swirled around in clouds of grey. Words spoken so true it was like a stake piercing the non existing heart, yet her outer features never expressed the pain. After all what would the ex ranch hand gain if he knew that just with words to a vampire he could inflict great amounts of pain.

A sense of nobility would glow around her as she continued to stand there watching his every move, his body shifting keeping her guard up he was a hunter after all. The voice of a vampire flows like milk and honey and the sweetness of her tone would be very difficult to ignore.

“Yes, I am not like you Gunnar. I am the undead. I am the risen. I am the child of the night, but most of all I am a Vampire. Dost thee word hold some type of power with you? I just do not like to be reminded of my true inner being all the time, even through living eyes I see the world differently.”

While the man rubbed his chin she would grin hearing his words of course she had been civil with him a lady would never be murderous unless she truly had to, and she left that job to Raine. Standing there very proper with her hands folded against her lap almost in a taunting way she would beckon him.

“I might have been born out of hate, but I can promise you as of late. I was raised to be proper to respect those around me, and even though I have an inner demon that exposes itself every once in a long while. I am almost going to be on my best behavior.. I have a duty to uphold.”

The emerald gaze caught her in a trance as she looked back of him wondering if he really could handle this dance. She knew she had to trust at least some of her faculty and staff otherwise there would be no reason them to be here on her behalf. The essence of gentleness could be felt almost like a feeling of it wrapping around him, and cradling against before it melted away.

“What is bothering me.. Is that my twin brother is on the loose...”

17Private--Home on the Range Empty Answers and Questions Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:37 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

At long last, the mysterious maiden admitted the name of her affliction. Her confession roused memories for the old ranch hand like ghosts rising from their graves to haunt him again. As his scenes of his past flitted before his mind’s eye, Gunnar tensed, his muscles sympathetic to corpses suffering rigamortis. Seconds passed before his fingers flexed across the warm wood of his revolver handles. The smooth surfaces beneath his fingertips reassured the man and reminded him to return to reality in lieu of spending a life reliving his own history. He gave a shake of his head to answer her question, denying that the word ‘vampire’ had any sway over him.

Gunnar felt something odd as he looked upon her. A sense of gentle calm was being seeded at the edge of his conscience, hoping to take root and flourish across the field of his mind so that he was at ease. And then it was gone, as if it had never existed. With a gentle shake of his head, Gunnar assessed it as some vampiric ability of hers. While it had ended, the memory of it troubled him: had she decided against using it or had he resisted it and she failed? Before he could think to long on the matter though, she presented him with a new topic, one that seemed to trouble her more than the others so far.

“Your brother?”
he repeated, his voice little more than a gruff croak after the long moments of disuse as he listened to her.

18Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

The realization of being undead was just something she did not prefer to disclose with those new to this place, but she had to be able to trust a few. Aside from Margo she really did not know the rest of the staff, though she knew she shouldn’t keep it that way it was in doubt better for them. Rather, it was safer for them not to know the headmistress of this place, because in knowing her it put their lives at risk. Soon she would have to introduce the idea that the harmony once known to the land was about to change Keegan was alive. As much as Margo did not like the idea there was no denying it this was no fairytale, it was life and with life came many choices. The first important choice was to hire hunter, and that was done, to hire a mage and that also was completed and to hire a demon to help with the other entities of evil.

The dual assassin pack she wondered how they were doing, in hopes that the two learned to get along without killing each other would be good. Raine was an unstoppable force she hoped she would be able to draw back the missing link, the link in which she needed in order to stop the chaos. Yet, the gunman before her brought a little hope back into her eyes, if a human who so hunted and hated those of her blood could be kind maybe they would not be damned.

Kindred eyes looked upon the man trying to make contact so she could stare into him and place a bit of charm. If she could get his harsh exterior calmed perhaps he would be more comfortable around her, but the fact was she wanted him comfortable without the spell. Royalty was how she was raised and that was how she conducted herself as her hand rested against her legs. The gentles would come over him once more as her movements where light, coming close to him in the matter of seconds standing in the light.

“I have a twin, by some type of grace he has survived as another race. He lives and yet he should not, there will be changes here. The darkness is being released even some of the students now are in peril. I need a strong man to help me, me through this. I need you Gunnar to help me keep them safe.”

Sparkling like jewels tossed out along the beach shores the emerald eyes attempted to capture him once more in their gaze, yet no magic was used she need him to be true to himself. Watching his hands most against the strength of his guns she had no fear that if he felt threatened he would use them. The curious idea was if she was to test him would, he be able to stand against her if the time ever came.

I need you to be able to protect them, against the evils and darkness that will befall against them. They are like sheep in a green pasture they know not what is in store. I need you to be able to protect them against me. I have no idea they power in which, my brother has but I can tell you this when he gets closer the bond of a twin grows stronger. Be it that blood stains my hand I need you to be able to see past that and know who I am.”

Closeness was achieved she moved inwards to him the reflection danced in her eyes, he was there distance was not kept she tested his bounds. Face to face she would stand those emerald eyes looking at the man. The softness of her fingers displace in attempt against his cheek her breath very cold, and yet cunning and meek.

19Private--Home on the Range Empty A Subtle Submission Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

For a moment, the two emerald gazes locked, and Gunnar felt the compulsion crafted by her natural magics seep into his psyche. His lingering misgivings melted away to a calmness composed her charm. Taut muscles relaxed and his hands drifted down from the handles of his revolvers until thumbs hooked into the front pockets of his jeans. When she explained the concerns regarding her brother and her purpose for summoning the ex-hunter to Caislin Hallows, he gave a gentle incline of his head to acknowledge her words and little more. The role of protector wasn’t one that a hunter was unfamiliar with, in one way or another, it was the calling of a hunter to be a protector against evil. A slayer of monsters so that the citizenry could live their lives in peace. A beacon of hope in the darkest night to drive back the shadows. In recent years though, Gunnar had hardly felt as if he could drive back his own demons, much less those wandering the earth.

Before he could comment on his doubts though, he felt her fingertips tracing across his cheek. Even stranger than the light caress was the breeze of her chill breath on his skin. A tiny shiver crept up Gunnar’s spine as he met her gaze again. “Yes, ma’am…” he whispered to her, a soft voice that spoke of his submission to her charm that kept him from feeling the discomfort from her unexpected closeness. The questions that sprung into his mind evaporated just as quickly as she stood so near to him, locked in the effects of her charm.

20Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:10 am

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

The look in the depths of his eyes told her all that she needed to know, though she did not really want to use charm on him. She wanted perhaps one day for him to be comfortable around her enough to where there would be no need for the use of a spell. When the time is right it would present itself is what she kept telling herself. Gently like the warmth of a blanket coming around her body he would be able to feel her presence. Slowly, she would retract her hand from his cheek keeping things still at a very royal feeling to her movements. Hearing Margo’s words in the back of her head that she was being very un-lady like making the first attempts. That was beside the fact she needed him to trust her, he had to want to trust her for any of this to work.

The first idea that came to her mind was the fact that she needed him to meet Raine, to arrange it would be curious. They both needed to be on their toes and she knew Raine well enough to where she would linger on the grounds. She could not be sought until she wanted to be found. A smile spread over the soften lips as she would place her hands against her hips, looking at the man in front of her she would stare glad he was finally comfortable with her being there. The life in her eyes stayed within his own as she held him there under her the charm, as she would reach out and touch his arm. Hearing his words so spoken and surreal she would lean forward with breathless lips in attempt to place them against his cheek. For once now perhaps she didn’t appear so humble and meek, as quickly as they touched they would remove.

“Thank you Gunnar, now we need to decide what to do. You must come into contact with Raine, you two will have to figure out a way to work together. I can tell you she is no easy vampire to track. The only information I can give you, is that she will only be seen when she wants to be and not until then. Her knowledge of what is going on is due to her tracking skills, and the fact she comes from an assassin’s guild. Just like Sarthas….”

The name cut through her like a knife she knew he would return one day, it was his destiny she would call to him soon enough if things started to get a little too rough. She knew too that he lingered skill in the city, against his will. This information she would not share, he would make his presence known too when he wants to be there. Looking deep into his eyes she would smile, and wait to see exactly where his mind would drift off and be.

21Private--Home on the Range Empty A Broken Charm Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

In the silence that ensued after he had spoken, during which Ailis thought and Gunnar waited, he took a moment to admire the female form that stood before him. The sweep along her curves, swathed in blue and white cloth, was interrupted though as she leaned closer and brushed her lips against his cheek. The affectionate peck caught the cowboy off guard and his bushy eyebrows lifted in surprise. Before he could respond further though, she had slipped away from him.

Again, Gunnar adopted the role of silent listener as she further explained the school's situation. With a gentle nod, he acknowledged each of her statements until one word slipped from her lips. In particular, it was a name that caught his attention and snapped him from his observant trance. “Sarthas?” repeated Gunnar as his eyes regained their former sharpness. Muscles tightened throughout the ex-ranch hand's body, tensing with the memories of his few encounters with the assassin. The name was like a key to unlock the chains of her charm on his mind. As the vampiric magic evaporated from him, his right hand snapped to its revolver, freeing it from the holster. Reflex that had been sown into his muscles from two decades of practice and close-calls, blossomed into the skill that allowed him to draw his firearm so fast. If it wasn't always a dire situation that demanded the quick-draw, he might have been more pleased with the talent.

“No more of them tricks of yers, vampire,” grumbled the gruff voice as steel glinted in his grasp. Beneath the pad of his thumb, the steel of the hammer was cold, just as was that of the trigger behind his curled forefinger. The squint had returned to his eyes, replacing their former softness as he stared at Ailis and waited for her again, though this time, he anticipated more than just words from her. Few were the vampires that he had encountered that responded kindly to a failed charm, and the few who had, were far more dreadful than the rest as they were often invigorated by the challenge.

22Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

The ever softness of her lingering breath escaped the small opening pressed between the moistened moons, his name would come over them once more only this time lightly. “Gunnar…” the words almost vacant, but they still could be heard while her eyes attempted to hold his gaze. The knowledge she gave him was her mistake she should know that trust was hard to come by and she would have to lose her mysterious mask of who she was in order to gain it back. The hardened gaze of the ex-ranch hand pierced through her, yet it did not because she did not fear it. Fear was something that she held for no one thing in her life, she knew it once many years ago but since then forever has it been frozen locked in time.

The elegance of her poise as she would begin to step away the distance would grow, but the smile across her lips would never fade. Five pace’s back she would stand staring there looking at the old ranch hand, her cards would have to be played in a very masterful way. A very subtle nod was given at his actions as her hands were gently placed against her lap as she stood there.

“Sometimes in life one must fail and know the truth the ways, in order to see the brighter side of the day. I am a vampire, but that does not mean I am like those that you have encountered in your life.”

A breeze sweep across the ground once more stirring up the twigs of hay against her feet, the depths of her eyes looked at the man with his hands on weapons on guard he would seem. Shaking her head lightly she did not blame him for the move he made, but to find a way to get him to trust the mythical beast may prove to be more difficult than she thought. Tricks she did not want to depend on but the fact of the matter was she needed to get him comfortable completely away from the hostility.

Like the globe turned upside down for the world to see the swirls in her eyes was like a winter touched Christmas Eve. A hand would reach outwards in the distance disbarred between them she would leave it there as if in requesting him to take it. In the in the most honey flowing she would speak to him once more, giving him that encouraging smile.

“Let use saddle up a mare and a stallion and I will take you to a place. Stay here if you like in the coach house tonight, if you do not wish to see what an adventure has in store. Come with me… No tricks, just with me.

23Private--Home on the Range Empty Perhaps Trust Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

In the old days, the scene would have already been over with a series of bangs and bullets burrowing into Ailis’s flesh or with the vampiress’s fangs ripping open his jugular. Unfortunately, times weren’t as simple for Gunnar as they once had been. The line that separated right and wrong had become a demolished dam, black and white blending into a gray mud of mixed morals. Constantly her words made him question his old ways, old habits, old lifestyle. With a grunt, he eased the revolver back into place. His green-eyed gaze flicked from her to the gun in his hand, alighting on the gleaming metal, before returning to her as he holstered the firearm.

Trust was a hard thing to earn, but staring down the barrel of a gun held by a man who seemed to suffer an allergy to monster, making his trigger finger itch, without showing fear meant either she was fearless or she trusted him enough to not give into his own fear, his own habits. As her dainty digits drifted towards him, he lofted a bushy eyebrow. An odd impulse struck him as his own hand reached towards hers. Taking it, he cradled her hand gently and bowed. The ex-hunter pressed a gentle kiss across the vampiress’s knuckles. Where the urging had come from, Gunnar had no idea—whether it was a lingering compulsion of her charm or something else was impossible for him to determine as he felt the softness of her skin against his lips.

Still bowed before her, his lifted his eyes to look up to her. “I’ll give yah the benefit of the doubt… fer now,” he exhaled as a gruff whisper, his hot breath scraping across her knuckles like a cheek coarse with stubble.

24Private--Home on the Range Empty Re: Private--Home on the Range Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Ailis Cosgair

Ailis Cosgair
Plot Character
Plot Character

The tense was felt like a noose coming over her throat, as those fearless eyes continued to watch the ranch hand. She could only hope that within the right frame of time he would be able to trust her completely. The pads of her fingers rubbed against the saddle as she moved over towards a palomino mare in the stable. Delicately her fingers would fall against the gate that had the horse pinned within, looking over her shoulder she wondered if he would follow or stand there and wait on her. Pulling the pin out of the top of the gate the chain would fall and clink against the wrought iron. The horse would stir in its stall the hoof beats of impatience could be heard.

The horse would move towards the back of the stall, she would simply step within the stall and leave the gate open. The eyes of the mare horse would only reflect her as she held her palm outwards and waited, to see if the horse would advance her. Within seconds of the action the horse would come forward and place his nose against her hand. A smile befell over her lips, as she leaned forward and rested her head against the mare’s neck as she moved inwards, and patted the docile creature.

Moving carefully to the left she would reach over take the halter into her hand, it did not have a bit on it she didn’t need it for this particular horse. As she reproached the horse it would lower its head and she would carefully slip on the harness that would allow her to control the horse. Two leads would be strapped one on each side to the halter and then she tossed them across the horses back.

Hands would lean against the gate as she looked over towards the ranch hand would a smile, there was a hint of slight tease in her voice when she called towards him.

“You better hurry cowboy if you plan on keeping up with us…”

She took nothing with her, hands gripped at the mare’s mane and with a fluid movement she would settle on top of the horses back. She planned on ridding her bareback so that Gunnar would know she was up for no tricks, there was no bag of tricks she carried just herself and her trusted mare. The dress she wore settled on each side of the horse’s body, as she lean forward and with her inner thighs she gave the horse a squeeze. The horse’s nostrils would flare only for a second and then it would take off past the gate in a cantor. She never stopped to look back to see if he followed, she knew if he wanted to know what she suggested he would not be far behind.

The incoming dusk made this into a beautiful scene as the pinks, purples, and oranges painted themselves so clearly against the skin. The maidens long flowing hair blew in the breeze, raced into off into the distance up the hill and heading towards the pasture fence, only gaining speed as she kept her thighs tightly clenched on to the horse, keeping her form close approaching the pasture fence just seconds before they would hit it the horse’s front flanks moved to jump over the railing with a neigh, as the motion was followed on by the back. Landing with a bit of a jolt she smiled and stroked the horses neck briefly as she then turned placing a hand against the horse’s back to look over her shoulder.

25Private--Home on the Range Empty The Thrill Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 am

Gunnar Sigmond

Gunnar Sigmond
Bronze
Bronze

Experience gained over the decades allowed Gunnar to ready himself and select a steed and saddle it quickly. Leather creaked beneath him as he mounted, the bay gelding giving a soft neigh to acknowledge his weight. Gunnar threaded his feet through the stirrups, thick-treaded soles of his work boots scraping the metal. His calloused fingers curled around the reigns and gave them a light flick. “Yah!” Leather snapped weakly against the horse’s neck and it trotted out of the coach house in pursuit.

In the distance, he could spot the Headmistress leaping her mare over the fence. Gunnar realized she knew how to ride and pretty well at that, but a ranch-hand didn’t make pay if he wasn’t good, too. She had his curiosity. There were mysteries still that he wanted to unravel.

Kicking the flanks of his mount, he spurred it forward at a gallop. Thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump. The sound of the horse’s hooves pounding the earth echoed the beating of his heart. Despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins, driving him onward, the former hunter felt a sense of calm overcome him. It had been years since he’d simply enjoyed a ride. What had happened to the youth that strove to make his steed gallop faster, to feel the wind whipping in his face until his eyes stung with tears?

Gunnar had thought that side of him long dead, buried in the Montanan plains where the waves of prairie grass hid the grave marker like a ship that sunk beneath the sea.

“C’mon, faster,” he demanded of his steed. The beast complied, its hooves kicking up clumps of dirt and grass, divots marking his passing. Approaching the fence, Gunnar guided his mount over it, the pair taking flight as the horse’s hind legs propelled them into the air like two mighty springs. Gunnar and his steed landed beside Ailis, his horse trotting a few feet before coming to a standstill. "Hafta do bettah than that if yahre tryin' tah lose me."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum